What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

QuotePro-tip: If you want to link to Youtube videos from now on in PCEFX forums, use the HTTPS link. Plain HTTP will result in the broken API/unsupported device video.
The "https" doesn't work for some mobile apps (ie tapatalk), it seems. However, this can be solved by copying the https and manually pasting it in _________. But that's an extra step or two.

So, basically, we are going to be annoyed one way or the other.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

xcrement5x

Yeah this whole API retirement has some people really pissed off.  Apparently most Smart TVs with apps for youtube were built using the v2 API and now they don't work at all meaning the extra premium you paid for a "smart" TV to watch Youtube was a waste.  Sony and other manufacturers could of course update the apps for their TVs and distributed them if they wanted, but then what incentive would they use to get people to buy new TVs again?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esadajr

Quote from: guest on 05/14/2015, 11:58 AMYeah this whole API retirement has some people really pissed off.  Apparently most Smart TVs with apps for youtube were built using the v2 API and now they don't work at all meaning the extra premium you paid for a "smart" TV to watch Youtube was a waste.  Sony and other manufacturers could of course update the apps for their TVs and distributed them if they wanted, but then what incentive would they use to get people to buy new TVs again?
And that's why I'll never buy a "smart" TV again. Long live the PC. And I'm talking real huge ass towers not those crappy mini itx boards.
Gaming since 1985

Joe Redifer

It's also really fucked up the way Youtube is counting views. Well, even more so than usual.

ClodBusted

At the moment, I'll rather watch Youtube with the app on Xbox 360 on my TV than on my tiny laptop's 13.3" screen. But there's a lot more advertising when using the Xbox... The last GameSack episode even had advertising right inbetween the first and second half.

Odd, but well, for a show like GameSack I happily spend some time watching ads if it helps. Not so much for some junk videos, though.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/15/2015, 01:21 PMIt's also really fucked up the way Youtube is counting views. Well, even more so than usual.
Do only certain platforms count?

Or is there a formula that discounts the initial _____ number of views?

Inform me :)

munchiaz

Earthling Cinema. Wisecrack has been putting out some of my favorite content on youtube as of late. You guys should check out this, and thug notes, and also 8-bit philosophy

Otaking

A channel I discovered recently that does TurboGrafx and Neo Geo videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

BigusSchmuck

The best version of this song ever.

Otaking

Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Sadler

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 05/18/2015, 07:18 AMA channel I discovered recently that does TurboGrafx and Neo Geo videos.
I feel like there could be potential here, but that guy needs to sloooooowwww down. It's ok to pause and breathe between sentences! :D

EDIT: After watching more, I think he knows that. The pacing just seems off to me. Sometimes rushed, sometimes slow.

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 05/18/2015, 09:12 PMThe best version of this song ever.
I found this far more entertaining than I should have. :)

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Otaking

Quote from: Sadler on 05/20/2015, 07:00 PM
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 05/18/2015, 07:18 AMA channel I discovered recently that does TurboGrafx and Neo Geo videos.
I feel like there could be potential here, but that guy needs to sloooooowwww down. It's ok to pause and breathe between sentences! :D

EDIT: After watching more, I think he knows that. The pacing just seems off to me. Sometimes rushed, sometimes slow.
The content and subject matter is good but the delivery is not perfect and could use a bit more work.
Lots of the channels I've watched over the years have been like this in their beginnings, but they improved over time.

munchiaz

TR0N

IMG

Otaking

Otaking

Air Zonk and Super Air Zonk review

TR0N

IMG

TR0N

It's weird seeing lenoard nimoy promote a laserdisc player.
IMG

mitsuman

I just recently found Video Game Seller on YouTube. Decently interesting vids so far from what I've seen.

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

mitsuman

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/02/2015, 05:06 AMI've been watching this.
I watched that the other day. Pretty much every bad ass movie I watched growing up wrapped into one fantastic 30 minutes.

JoshTurboTrollX

21 years ago to this day!
Kawada vs. Misawa All Japan Pro showdown!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

LostFlunky

Sorry if it has already been posted:
Totally awesome!

TR0N

IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gredler

Apologies if this has already been posted,

esteban

Quote from: Gredler on 06/12/2015, 06:59 PMApologies if this has already been posted,
That dude from NEC! Ha! :)

There is another episode with TurboExpress and yet an even better episode with Jonathan Brandstetter + TurboLink and CD-ROM.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13296.msg263826#msg263826

Lots of images in that post...

TR0N

IMG

HailingTheThings

IMG

Mathius

Thanks for posting the vid, Tron. Good watch.

I wasn't going to watch that Razorfist video about retro game prices since it would probably just piss me off and send me packing back to the looney bin. But I did anyway. And yep, I'm pissed.

NightWolve

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/02/2015, 05:06 AMI've been watching this.
HAHAHA! So this thing got made! I think I saw the promo from Arkhan, but don't remember for sure. Didn't know it was completed - didn't think it would be!

TR0N

If you don't remember this reviewer he use to be the happyvideogamenerd.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

schweaty

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/17/2015, 07:23 AMThis trailer.
that looks amazing.  between that and the new battlefront, i'm inching ever closer to getting a current gen

Digi.k

can't stop staring at the art style of this game O.o

cuphead trailer

Opethian

IMG

munchiaz

kosko99

SuperDeadite

Quote from: kosko99 on 06/23/2015, 07:42 AMBored watching this at work:
Lol that stupid CM is on ALL THE FUCKING TIME.  Like every commercial break. XD
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

jeffhlewis

NightWolve

This came up in light of the General Lee battle flag controversy.
Return of Bruce Campbell/Evil Dead on Starz.

esteban

Ok, I will admit that I actually liked that trailer for Ash vs.

Maybe I am less curmudgeonly today, or more optimistic, but I'm hoping that it will be OK.

TR0N

Wished i had starz the evil dead tv series looks to be campy as the movie is.
IMG

datbuta

I like to watch highlight videos from contact sports... mainly mma/kickboxing/boxing
.. HBO boxing has some cool video about certain fighters... The Greatest Hits series... pretty cool rundown of each fighters time in America on the professional level.

Also boxing analysis videos... some youtubers do a good job creating such videos... such as LeeWylie1... check it out if you like boxing analysis... somewhat informative..

NecroPhile

Quote from: TR0N on 07/19/2015, 03:22 AMWished i had starz the evil dead tv series looks to be campy as the movie is.
Me too, man.  It's looking awesome so far, but I guess I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 07/20/2015, 11:41 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 07/19/2015, 03:22 AMWished i had starz the evil dead tv series looks to be campy as the movie is.
Me too, man.  It's looking awesome so far, but I guess I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD.
Same here. This is going to kill me.

NightWolve

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guile's Theme Goes with Everything (world's most epic handshake)
Little mix of the old, some new, throw Guile's Street Fighter 2 theme in as well and it's all good!

jtucci31