@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

^^ what do youthink of formation?  That is a recent addition of mine too.

MotherGunner

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 06/17/2015, 12:53 AMPicked up World Heroes 1, Art of Fighting 2, and Akumajo Dracula for Super Famicom. On PCE picked up Formation Armed F, Paranoia, and Victory Run. Also grabbed two DVDO iScan Plus V2 units on the cheap.
Didn't know you wanted a Victory Run.  I have a spare I would have given you my friend.  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

richc

Obey came strong today!  I'm off tomorrow so Gradius II will go for a run tomorrow!

Gypsy

Vasteel CIB online. Hopefully I'll have it early next week.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/18/2015, 10:34 PMVasteel CIB online. Hopefully I'll have it early next week.
Nice!  You get the sleeve too with it?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gypsy

I very much doubt it unfortunately as the seller didn't mention it and mentioned everything else. The sleeve seems to command quite the premium.

I didn't want to start buying Hucard games until we talked more about our trade but I am going to need to get 1 Japanese game and 1 US game by the time it arrives to I can make sure it's working.

wildfruit

Just had a new PC delivered. Missed not having a tower. Laptop exterminated.
G3258 Oc to 3.8 ghz
8GB ddr3
750 ti
240GB SSD

PCEngineHell

Quote from: MotherGunner on 06/17/2015, 05:53 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 06/17/2015, 12:53 AMPicked up World Heroes 1, Art of Fighting 2, and Akumajo Dracula for Super Famicom. On PCE picked up Formation Armed F, Paranoia, and Victory Run. Also grabbed two DVDO iScan Plus V2 units on the cheap.
Didn't know you wanted a Victory Run.  I have a spare I would have given you my friend.  =)
Strangely enough I didn't know I wanted it either lol! Ends up the seller I got Paranoia and Armed F from threw it in the package as a surprise bonus. I got those games and the iscan units pretty cheap on ebay. All in all was a pretty good past couple of weeks of small buys.

vmorr

Some Genesis grabs today:

/2ur6v84.jpg

SuperGrafx

I remember buying Landstalker from the clearance bin at the local KB Toy Store back in the mid 1990's.
What really resonates with me is the fact that it came packed with a fruit roll up inside.  For some reason, the fruit roll up company had some sort of marketing tie-in on this title. 

Guess it's one incentive not to keep your games sealed.

SamIAm

I think Gunstar Heroes had a fruit rollup inside it, too.

Mathius

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 06/22/2015, 08:59 PMI remember buying Landstalker from the clearance bin at the local KB Toy Store back in the mid 1990's.
What really resonates with me is the fact that it came packed with a fruit roll up inside.  For some reason, the fruit roll up company had some sort of marketing tie-in on this title. 

Guess it's one incentive not to keep your games sealed. 
I would say the biggest reason to not keep your games sealed is, now cover your eyes collectards, is PLAYING THE DAMN GAME!

SuperGrafx

Quote from: SamIAm on 06/22/2015, 09:49 PMI think Gunstar Heroes had a fruit rollup inside it, too.
I think you may be correct.
Kind of an odd product tie-in.
I do recall my Landstalker cartridge and manual smelling like artificial strawberry for some time.

vmorr

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 06/22/2015, 10:36 PM
Quote from: SamIAm on 06/22/2015, 09:49 PMI think Gunstar Heroes had a fruit rollup inside it, too.
I do recall my Landstalker cartridge and manual smelling like artificial strawberry for some time.
Mine currently smells a little smokey I think.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: vmorr on 06/22/2015, 10:43 PM
Quote from: SuperGrafx on 06/22/2015, 10:36 PM
Mine currently smells a little smokey I think.
Hmm.  I hate that.
I know I'd definitely prefer the artificial fruit scent

TR0N

Quote from: vmorr on 06/21/2015, 09:01 PMSome Genesis grabs today:

/2ur6v84.jpg
Nice haul man i still i never understood why sega had to put peter pan on the cover for landstalker  :roll: ](*,)
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Peter Pan on Landstalker...HA!

I never looked too closely at that cover. Fantastic.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Grabbed Suikoden V locally CIB minty. Been wanting this one for awhile.

vmorr

Quote from: TR0N on 06/23/2015, 06:19 AMNice haul man i still i never understood why sega had to put peter pan on the cover for landstalker  :roll: ](*,)
Looked up the Japanese cover, looks much nicer. Why did game covers need to be so lame for  a North American release  :?

TR0N

Quote from: vmorr on 06/23/2015, 07:21 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 06/23/2015, 06:19 AMNice haul man i still i never understood why sega had to put peter pan on the cover for landstalker  :roll: ](*,)
Looked up the Japanese cover, looks much nicer. Why did game covers need to be so lame for  a North American release  :?
I've looked at the japan cover before it is indeed way better.Heck if i could have a custom cover of that,id take it instead.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NecroPhile

It's not a game, but this recent buy is too awesome to not post whore.  :mrgreen:

IMG
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 06/25/2015, 11:06 AMIt's not a game, but this recent buy is too awesome to not post whore.  :mrgreen:

IMG
GROOVY!  Is it rare/expensive?  If not, I'll definitely have to add it to the list of LDs to get, along with Evil Dead II if it's available.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 06/25/2015, 11:06 AMIt's not a game, but this recent buy is too awesome to not post whore.  :mrgreen:

IMG
I see you were shopping smart. Shop S-MART.
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 06/25/2015, 11:14 AMGROOVY!  Is it rare/expensive?  If not, I'll definitely have to add it to the list of LDs to get, along with Evil Dead II if it's available.
Nope; it was $10 shipped, and you could probably find it even cheaper if you trolled forums, thrifts, etc.  Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 are pretty cheap as well, unless you want the special versions (gold ED and red ED2).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

VenomMacbeth

This is why I love Laserdiscs.  So cheap for such good movies. ^-^
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Gypsy

Dat cover.

@Element: Yeah Vasteel was CIC. It arrived today. Excellent condition though.

xcrement5x

Quote from: TR0N on 06/24/2015, 02:46 AM
Quote from: vmorr on 06/23/2015, 07:21 PM
I've looked at the japan cover before it is indeed way better.Heck if i could have a custom cover of that,id take it instead.
The cover project is your friend!
http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=13673
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Mathius

IMG
Okay you know I have to comment on this. Nobody, I mean nobody expresses pain like Brucie. Such a classic movie.

Gimme some sugar baby. 8)

jtucci31

How appropriate, after Necro's post, that I find one of these at a goodwill. Can't wait to start watching laserdiscs on this thing, hopefully it works well. Now I have something else to keep an eye out for at garage sales and whatnot.
/iciafn.jpg

Also got these today in a trade. Excited to play them.
/2ypd79d.jpg

bob

Make sure you play the FLT quest mode.

SuperGrafx

Gypsy

The modded Core Grafx w/ IFU I've been waiting on arrived in the mail today. The seller included a random hucard game so at least I know it's working.

Also, I picked up this anime today via CL.

IMG

xcrement5x

Wow, it's probably been close to like 15 years since I have last watched Serial Experiments Lain

VenomMacbeth

Finally got an obscure Takatoku goody that I've been after for quite some time, but it's never been within my reach because they usually sell for much more...

I present to you, in all its Christmas-like glory, the Sasuraiger SL-Type "Batrain"

IMG
IMG
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 06/28/2015, 11:02 AMFinally got an obscure Takatoku goody that I've been after for quite some time, but it's never been within my reach because they usually sell for much more...

I present to you, in all its Christmas-like glory, the Sasuraiger SL-Type "Batrain"

IMG
IMG
Never seen or heard of this

But it is cool

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/28/2015, 11:38 AMNever seen or heard of this

But it is cool
It's from an old anime, Galactic Whirlwind Sasuraiger, which unfortunately hasn't ever been translated.  It's loosely based on Around The World In 80 Days & the characters all have very American names.  Not to mention the antique steam locomotive-styled spaceship that turns into a robot.

Takatoku, the company that made the original toys for Macross, Orguss, and Dorvack (many of which were acquired for G1 Transformers) also made the toys for this show.  They made sofubis, non-variable action figures, a small henkei-type transforming figure (later released in the US under the Convertors line, which I also have) and this big guy.  Both the transforming toys require a bit of parts-forming, but there's something highly impressive about getting a robot that imposing out of something that looks like it should be running around your Christmas tree.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Gypsy

Thanks Element.

Sparky

MotherGunner

Nice!  I just started playing PE again on my PS TV.  Game takes me back, though my wife used to complain I played with Aya more than I played with her!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Mathius

Quote from: MotherGunner on 06/30/2015, 07:00 PMNice!  I just started playing PE again on my PS TV.  Game takes me back, though my wife used to complain I played with Aya more than I played with her!
Ha! I love PE. The music really nails that cyberpunk 90s vibe. Though I wish I could skip the cutscenes I've already watched.

bartre

Quote from: Mathius on 06/30/2015, 07:04 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 06/30/2015, 07:00 PMNice!  I just started playing PE again on my PS TV.  Game takes me back, though my wife used to complain I played with Aya more than I played with her!
Ha! I love PE. The music really nails that cyberpunk 90s vibe. Though I wish I could skip the cutscenes I've already watched.
fuck you.

Parasite eve is damned near perfect.

Mathius

Hey, bro-cheese, I wasn't knocking PE.

....much  :P

xcrement5x

Ha!  I have actually been listening to the PE soundtrack again recently.  I loved the game and played the crap out of it back and the day. 

My friend and I would actually replay the game and swap saves so that each of us could benefit from continuing to increase the stats super high on a weapon that you could carry over from each playthrough.  Made it to the top of the Chrysler Building and and got the "true" ending too :)

EDIT: No reason to double-post I guess

Woohoo!  I'm glad to finally join the realm of candy cab owners!

IMG
MVU 4 Neo Geo Candy Cabinet by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I recently picked up this MVU-4 Neo Geo cab from a gentlemen up in Denver and it's a really nice small candy cab with a 25" monitor on it.  Also has a coin box, and panels that make it super easy to access the included MV-4F Neo Geo PCB with a Unibios already installed.  Plus working memory card and headphone ports on the front, though I do not own a memory card or anything yet, and he also let me keep the JP mini-marquees at the top that are installed.

The seller also included a Neo Geo to Jamma adapter so that I can use other JAMMA PCBs with the unit nice and easily.  I have a couple other PCBs so that'll be nice to be able to swap around too.  I am just super duper excited to finally have a nice clean cab to play stuff on!

vmorr

/fkwqy9.jpg

Picked this lot up yesterday off a local guy for $100 cad. Haven't bothered to check if that's high or not. All the games came with little plastic cases too. First time I've come up on Neo Geo Pocket in Canada, and I completely forgot about it until this point. Only time I ever seen these things were at a KB Toys in like Buffalo area once or twice when I was a kid and I had no idea what they were. Me and my cousin were playing some games yesterday, it's pretty cool. The controls are awesome and the screen's colour is pretty nice. I also love that the lithium battery used for keeping saved game memory is a part of the console and easily accessible compared to the Game Boy Colour and Game Boy Advance setup.

bob

I had one of the neo pockets and got rid of it immediately. I got one for 100 with 15 loose carts, similar set to what you have. I tried every game, and couldnt stand the screen. It may have been defective, but there is no backlight, right?

SuperGrafx

Quote from: vmorr on 07/02/2015, 08:52 PM/fkwqy9.jpg

Picked this lot up yesterday off a local guy for $100 cad. Haven't bothered to check if that's high or not. All the games came with little plastic cases too. First time I've come up on Neo Geo Pocket in Canada, and I completely forgot about it until this point. Only time I ever seen these things were at a KB Toys in like Buffalo area once or twice when I was a kid and I had no idea what they were. Me and my cousin were playing some games yesterday, it's pretty cool. The controls are awesome and the screen's colour is pretty nice. I also love that the lithium battery used for keeping saved game memory is a part of the console and easily accessible compared to the Game Boy Colour and Game Boy Advance setup.
Decent deal.
I had a NGPC once, but I could really warm up to it.  Mainly the audio has that chintzy Sega Master System-sound to it (shrilly and bell-like I guess).  Kind of surprising since this was late 1990's technology.

Digi.k

I was after Doraemon stuff while in hong kong particularly a doraemon clock.  All I ended up buying were these figures stuffed with candy.  I should have also picked up the new movie Stand By Me on DVD but forgot the chance..

IMG

wilykat

Stand by Me the movie with 4 boys from about 30 years ago?  I have BD version and I think I still have DVD version to get rid of.  Region 1 if I find it, want it?  If it's different Stand by Me, sorry.

vmorr

Quote from: agent_orange on 07/02/2015, 09:44 PMI had one of the neo pockets and got rid of it immediately. I got one for 100 with 15 loose carts, similar set to what you have. I tried every game, and couldnt stand the screen. It may have been defective, but there is no backlight, right?
Yep no backlight. Seems a lot more tolerable than what I remember my Game Boy Colour being... Maybe because its bigger or the better graphics but it plays well under some light.

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 07/02/2015, 09:52 PMDecent deal.
I had a NGPC once, but I could really warm up to it.  Mainly the audio has that chintzy Sega Master System-sound to it (shrilly and bell-like I guess).  Kind of surprising since this was late 1990's technology.
I like the audio so far,  but yea I can see the similarities in sound with the Sega consoles. I've been playing my Master System quite a bit lately.

bob

I picked this up today at a thrift store and it works. Has win 98 loaded.

/neclt.jpg