OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bloufo

dingsbums

Quote from: tknjin on 08/28/2015, 07:56 AMWow you got a lot of nice pick ups there.  Although I am surprised you barely got super tempo because I would have thought you would have had that some time ago lol.  Also I am glad to see you finally got hihou densetsu chris no bouken with spine and Aurelia.  Definitely some really hard games to find with spine.  I actually did really well with my pc engine pick ups, but just need to wait for it to come in the mail, and show the peepz :)
Super Tempo complete & for a good price is a bitch to track down - took me a long time  :roll:.
I'm still missing about 50 Saturn titles that I want and there a (sadly) a few heavy hitters in there - most notably Hyper Duel (all auctions I have seen on that one in the last couple months ended between 350 - 450 Euro  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)).
The PC Engine titles were also hard to track down.
I'm curious what you picked up - show us  :D.

GreatBlue Swirlof99

Found an Atari 1040ST and Atari 1224 color monitor with 100+ games multiple controllers and all working for 35€! :D its so cool
The Dreamcast is still alive, so go play it before it kills your family!

richc

Got these in today.  Been playing a lot of ninja gaiden.

IMG
IMG

GreatBlue Swirlof99

Bought a few more VMUs (the Dreamcast memory cards) boxed. Now I can play the powers tone shump(spelling?)!
The Dreamcast is still alive, so go play it before it kills your family!

bob

/games/snatch1.jpg[/img]
/games/snatch2.jpg[/img]

jtucci31

Damn galam, that's a nice looking Snatcher. I'm real jealous!

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

TR0N

Quote from: agent_orange on 09/06/2015, 10:02 AM/games/snatch1.jpg[/img]
/games/snatch2.jpg[/img]
Ok how much $300.00 or $400.00 !?
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

bob

Quote from: TR0N on 09/07/2015, 03:00 AM
Quote from: agent_orange on 09/06/2015, 10:02 AM/games/snatch1.jpg[/img]
/games/snatch2.jpg[/img]
Ok how much $300.00 or $400.00 !?
haha.  Oh, i paid for it.  There is no denying that.  It looks like it was just opened and never played.
The mix of pristine condition, short shipping distance, auction style listing, was worth it to me. Wanted this game for a long time, but finally just pulled the trigger. I think i have seen some BINs looking for 500 now, which i think is crazy. I won it at $356, which was still a bit higher than i wanted, but, its mine now. Prior to this, the most i ever paid for a single game was $275 for Might and Magic 3 on a drunken night of stupidity with a member here at the bar.

cr8zykuban0

some pickups from the last 2 weeks.
IMG
IMG
finally got a pvm. 20 inches but im loving it!
IMG

Mathius

turboswimbz

So I was able to snag these sweet piece of plasma PVM.

IMG

50" Pioneer PDP-503CMX with PDA-5002 VIDEO CARD.

I'll have to get better pictures of it working when I get it all set up.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

cr8zykuban0

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Bloufo

Just a cart converter.

For shits & giggles I tested it with my LA.

I guess nice to know that even the Sega Card/My Card games are functional on it.

Easier this way rather than removing the circuit board from its casing, as is the case if you were wanting to use a PBC on your LA.

IMG

I tested it as well to see if the 3D glasses work on it. But you can't use the Mark III and Master System slots at the same time on that tototek converter.

tknjin

Quote from: dingsbums on 09/05/2015, 05:06 AM
Quote from: tknjin on 08/28/2015, 07:56 AMWow you got a lot of nice pick ups there.  Although I am surprised you barely got super tempo because I would have thought you would have had that some time ago lol.  Also I am glad to see you finally got hihou densetsu chris no bouken with spine and Aurelia.  Definitely some really hard games to find with spine.  I actually did really well with my pc engine pick ups, but just need to wait for it to come in the mail, and show the peepz :)
Super Tempo complete & for a good price is a bitch to track down - took me a long time  :roll:.
I'm still missing about 50 Saturn titles that I want and there a (sadly) a few heavy hitters in there - most notably Hyper Duel (all auctions I have seen on that one in the last couple months ended between 350 - 450 Euro  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)).
The PC Engine titles were also hard to track down.
I'm curious what you picked up - show us  :D.
/xgsfei/20150911_023954_zpsywvomuhh.jpg
20150911_024150_zpsqgcghwpu.jpg

I also got L Dis and Dungeon Explorer 2, but they are at my friend's house along with a bunch of other stuff. He is starting a pc engine collection, and thought why not borrow my stuff for homework lol.

Here are some non obey things I picked up as well :) within the past 6 months or so.

20150911_023436_zps4ajbk8jy.jpg
20150911_023114_zpslov2w7nh.jpg
20150911_022848_zpsr7h03lrl.jpg

Digi.k

just got these recently.  Haven't had a chance to play the mario maker yet but my first DSLR an entry level, nikon 3200.

/DSC_0014.jpg

xcrement5x

Labor Day Weekend was lots of fun for me!  I went to the regular anime convention near me (NanDesuKan) since my friend was in town.  There was also a vintage gaming con but unfortunately it was during the exact same times as the anime con so I wasn't able to get up there. :(

Anyway, pickups!

IMG
NDK 2015 Toshio Furukawa Autographs by xcrement5x, on Flickr

At NDK 2015 this year I was able to meet Toshio Furukawa, the Japanese Voice Actor for Piccolo from DBZ/etc, Ace from One Piece, and best of all Ataru from Urusei Yatsura.

He was wiling to sign the anime cels I had picked up recently, plus a copy of the UY game for the PC Engine I had.  I also had some blank paper and he did a huge signature on that for me with Piccolo's name on it and the show title at the bottom. 

I also got a chance to go to his panel which was a lot of fun, he talked about doing VA work in Japan, dubbing over US actors, and answered questions. Probably the highlight of the event for me.

Also, if anyone is interested I posted all the random photos (mainly cosplay) I took at the con up here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/93679370@N00/albums/72157658411200366

IMG
Summit of Mount Bross at 14, 177 feet by xcrement5x, on Flickr

After the con was over the next day I climbed this 14er (Mt Bross) over Labor Day weekend with a friend and it took about four hours from the trailhead to reach the summit.  Thankfully the path wasn't very bad for most of the ascent and the round trip was about 9 miles up and back.  Skies were clear and no storms, but it was ridiculously windy and I almost got blown over a couple times. 

Totally worth the pain though, the view from the top was amazing.

Finally, not from the weekend but from yesterday...

IMG
King's Knight Complete for the NES by xcrement5x, on Flickr

So I have wanted a complete copy of this game for awhile but have continued to put it off since it is never really a priority.  It's one of the few US Nintendo games that still retains the amazing original anime-style Japanese art on the box and cart. 

I got this at a local gaming store that I have been trading a lot of misc stuff into recently.  I saw it hiding behind some of the other NES stuff and asked to look at it, then jumped on it instantly once I saw the amazing condition it was in.  I didn't even know it originally came with a nice full color poster so I was super excited to open it up and flip through it all the bits.

Best part is it only cost me an old PS3 controller I found at the thrift ($4), an Imagine Babyz DS game($1), and a dollar in change I found in my car console. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Opethian

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2015, 12:34 PMSo I have wanted a complete copy of this game for awhile but have continued to put it off since it is never really a priority.  It's one of the few US Nintendo games that still retains the amazing original anime-style Japanese art on the box and cart. 
I don't have the poster with mine. But in checking through my NES boxes I spotted Puss In Boots as another box that retains it's anime style art.
--DragonmasterDan

bob

SuperGrafx

bob

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 09/14/2015, 08:51 PM
Quote from: agent_orange on 09/14/2015, 07:30 PM/wu.jpg
The Rubiks Cube...is that a Target exclusive?
it was...but it wasnt at all targets in my area

Medic_wheat

sirhcman

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2015, 12:34 PMFinally, not from the weekend but from yesterday...

IMG
King's Knight Complete for the NES

So I have wanted a complete copy of this game for awhile but have continued to put it off since it is never really a priority.  It's one of the few US Nintendo games that still retains the amazing original anime-style Japanese art on the box and cart.
Oh yeah, that shooter oddball on the NES by SquareSoft... The other out-of-character oddball they also did was Rad Racer which had pretty good replay value, I played it many times.

Anyway, I rented and beat King's Knight BITD. Can't have thought too much of it though, but it was interesting to have run into it given it was SquareSoft and not quite their usual genre.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/15/2015, 11:08 PMOh yeah, that shooter oddball on the NES by SquareSoft... The other out-of-character oddball they also did was Rad Racer which had pretty good replay value, I played it many times.
3D Worldrunner too

BlueBMW

Ahhh, the Wii U.  An excellent choice!  If you want to trade one of those Mario Maker's let me know.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bloufo

An ordinary splitter. That's all.

Apart from its original intended use, I can also now waste time doing this, :lol:

IMG

ClodBusted

I just got Salamander Deluxe (PS1) in the mail. I'm so excited to play it, but I've got to wait a few days until my injured hand is healed from a bike accident - I had to avoid running over a dog.

Then I got a Proxxon Micromot rotary tool as well as some accessories like a drill stand, several drill bits for plastic, wood and metal, grinding bits, etc.
That Micromot is so much nicer to handle than my old Dremel 300 which I sold recently.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 09/17/2015, 08:26 AMI just got Salamander Deluxe (PS1) in the mail. I'm so excited to play it, but I've got to wait a few days until my injured hand is healed from a bike accident - I had to avoid running over a dog.
I have the Saturn version & it's worth owning for Salamander 2 alone.

You should pop it in & load up the sound test while you're waiting on your hand to heal. :)
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 09/14/2015, 01:41 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/11/2015, 12:34 PMSo I have wanted a complete copy of this game for awhile but have continued to put it off since it is never really a priority.  It's one of the few US Nintendo games that still retains the amazing original anime-style Japanese art on the box and cart. 
I don't have the poster with mine. But in checking through my NES boxes I spotted Puss In Boots as another box that retains it's anime style art.
Thanks for the heads up, I may enlist your help in trying to find all the anime-styled games :)

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/15/2015, 11:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/11/2015, 12:34 PMFinally, not from the weekend but from yesterday...

IMG
King's Knight Complete for the NES by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Oh yeah, that shooter oddball on the NES by SquareSoft... The other out-of-character oddball they also did was Rad Racer which had pretty good replay value, I played it many times.

Anyway, I rented and beat King's Knight BITD. Can't have thought too much of it though, but it was interesting to have run into it given it was SquareSoft and not quite their usual genre.
Yeah,  it's a funky little game.   Definitely interesting to see the non-RPG stuff Square put out back then.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

Quote from: Bloufo on 09/16/2015, 09:25 AMAn ordinary splitter. That's all.

Apart from its original intended use, I can also now waste time doing this, :lol:

IMG
I lost my AV cable for TE. :(

Anyway, I thought the TE accepted:
composite video + L audio + R audio

(I have vague memories of the 1/8" male plug having 3 black stripes = four conductors)

However, your pic clearly shows mono sound + composite video (you have male 1/8" plug with two stripes, assume).

So, my question is: is my memory faulty? Does TE accept stereo input? I thought it did.

Mathius

With only one speaker I imagine it's probably mono-only. Keep in mind I do not own a TE.

Bloufo

Quote from: esteban on 09/17/2015, 06:47 PM
Quote from: Bloufo on 09/16/2015, 09:25 AMAn ordinary splitter. That's all.

IMG
I lost my AV cable for TE. :(

Anyway, I thought the TE accepted:
composite video + L audio + R audio

(I have vague memories of the 1/8" male plug having 3 black stripes = four conductors)

However, your pic clearly shows mono sound + composite video (you have male 1/8" plug with two stripes, assume).

So, my question is: is my memory faulty? Does TE accept stereo input? I thought it did.
You can get stereo sound out of that headphone port.

In any case, wouldn't make a difference with that setup I have in that pic. I'm going via the Neo's A/V out. I'm only getting mono sound from there.

bob

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

Yesterday's mail brought me a copy of Death Jr. II for the PSP.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

wildfruit

Got this little lot yesterday
IMG

jeffhlewis

IMG

Some new BS...Megaman 2 is probably my favorite NES game of all time and not owning it was a crime...got that and Duck Tales for nice and cheap.

Sonic games - meh. I'm a Sega fanboy.

Deadly Premonition - I've heard so much about how this game is so-bad-it's-good; its on my next to play list after I finish God Hand.

Project X Zone sounded too interesting to pass up...hoping to put a dent in this one in time for the sequel to come out.

I've picked up so much other stuff over the summer but I'm too lazy to take pictures, heh.

Mathius

There were very few games that came out in the late 80s that got me as excited as Mega Man2. The only equivalent where I literally studied the same screenshots over and over for months would be Thunder Force III.

SuperGrafx

My sealed copy of Monster Lair (PCE CDROM) finally arrived today.

esteban

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 09/19/2015, 02:45 PMMy sealed copy of Monster Lair (PCE CDROM) finally arrived today.
Hell.
Yes.

It comes with a mini-poster (a really cute one).

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 09/18/2015, 10:36 PMDeadly Premonition - I've heard so much about how this game is so-bad-it's-good; its on my next to play list after I finish God Hand.
It's a low budget game that totally swings for the fences, if you're a fan of Twin Peaks you'll either like it or scream PLAGERISM!

It's an Xbox 360 game from 2008 or so that looks like it should be a first generation Dreamcast game. But it's damn interesting and a game I recommend people at least try.
--DragonmasterDan

johnnykonami

I really legitimately enjoyed this game and played it non-stop when I got it a few years back.  I never cared for all the "so bad it's good" comments as I just thought it was simply good.  The graphics were slightly dated but just enough to remind me of the Dreamcast and PS2 titles I enjoyed, the music is great, the exploratory nature of the game is great, and most of all the world is full of detail.  There are mini games, stuff to collect, all kinds of dialogue and extra scenes aside from the main game.  I haven't bought Swery's new game on Steam, but I should soon.

bartre

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 09/18/2015, 10:36 PMIMG

Some new BS...Megaman 2 is probably my favorite NES game of all time and not owning it was a crime...got that and Duck Tales for nice and cheap.

Sonic games - meh. I'm a Sega fanboy.

Deadly Premonition - I've heard so much about how this game is so-bad-it's-good; its on my next to play list after I finish God Hand.

Project X Zone sounded too interesting to pass up...hoping to put a dent in this one in time for the sequel to come out.

I've picked up so much other stuff over the summer but I'm too lazy to take pictures, heh.
I haven't played that version, but i have the PS3 "Director's cut" version.
it's pretty great, IMO.

as DMD said, it's love or hate.

PunkCryborg

New candy cab
IMG
Rest of this is stuff I got from BMW :D
IMG
IMG
IMG

johnnykonami

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/20/2015, 05:24 PMNew candy cab
IMG
Rest of this is stuff I got from BMW :D
IMG
IMG
IMG
Nice!  Xexex is a great game.  I want to get a candy cab one day.  Jelly of the MSX stuff, too.