RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 10/06/2015, 01:23 PMNecro, that cover looks pretty sensual.  Like the dude is in the throes of ecstasy.
What I was thinking, heh. He's charging his JO.

NecroPhile

What's wrong with a little bestiality?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Digi.k

The animal crossing amiibo cards.

/72172BEA-C419-4799-B778-785BB4ECF5D6.jpg
/F939C534-D741-4627-8DF4-349E801E0903.jpg

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/06/2015, 01:23 PMPardon my pic post whoring:

IMG

Since it was a freebie, it's worth mentioning twice.  :mrgreen:
It's comforting to know that when xelementx is looking at that cover, he sees an emboldened owl mating with a human.

How many licks to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

technozombie

I picked this up in a trade recently.
IMG

sn0zc0r3

Picked up these beauties. The chub is strong with Metal Wolf Chaos.

imgur.com/7oRXUKY.jpg

sn0zc0r3

Quote from: Bloufo on 10/06/2015, 11:16 AMThe home button doesn't always work. That's on me, though. When I changed the battery (the replacement just won't fit all that comfortably seeing as that new battery is a little longer and thicker) I reckon I must have inadvertently caused some issue in there.

No biggie, though. In any case, the unit has touch-screen capabilities, so in most instances I'm able to exit to "home" via that touch-screen.

IMG
Maaaaaaan, super jealous. Always wanted to pick up a Tapwave.

Bloufo

Quote from: sn0zc0r3 on 10/07/2015, 10:36 AMPicked up these beauties. The chub is strong with Metal Wolf Chaos.

https://i.imgur.com/7oRXUKY.jpg
Guardian Heroes. IMG

I'm after one of those myself. May I ask how much that set you back?

Quote from: sn0zc0r3 on 10/07/2015, 10:40 AMMaaaaaaan, super jealous. Always wanted to pick up a Tapwave.
Underrated device. Definitely looks to have some decent power under the hood.
I'll look to see what emulators I can load on it.

sn0zc0r3

Quote from: Bloufo on 10/07/2015, 12:30 PMGuardian Heroes. IMG

I'm after one of those myself. May I ask how much that set you back?
Set me back $120 shipped.

QuoteUnderrated device. Definitely looks to have some decent power under the hood.
I'll look to see what emulators I can load on it.
I remember playing with one a few times at a store downtown and fell in love with the design and feel of it. Being a broke college student at the time kept that love under lock and key though.

Lord knows I don't need anymore handhelds collecting dust, hehe.

johnnykonami

Quote from: sn0zc0r3 on 10/07/2015, 10:36 AMPicked up these beauties. The chub is strong with Metal Wolf Chaos.
I have the Japanese version of Guardian Heroes since release, but I kinda wish I had picked up the English translated one.  If I recall I got a pretty good deal on the import.  Recently I decided to buy the Xbox 360 version for $5, so at least I have that one in English.  I also picked up Radiant Silvergun there too, which I own the Saturn version of, but I think the 360 release is the only translated version of that to exist.  That's pretty cool, so I went for it.  I also made the same mistake with Symphony of the Night, I bought the import so I could play it right away, but didn't follow up and get the US release when it came out.  I'm sure it's not too cheap these days.

Metal Wolf Chaos is pretty cool, I played it a little some years ago but never thought about picking it up.  Never did buy any original Xbox games, I have one - I think the only game I bought was Mech Assault so I could put xbmc on it.  Kinda regret not picking up Shenmue 2 for it though.  I do have Sneak King, which I believe also works on the original Xbox for some reason...

Anyway, nice pick ups!  I love living vicariously through others.

johnnykonami

Quote from: Bloufo on 10/06/2015, 11:16 AMThe home button doesn't always work. That's on me, though. When I changed the battery (the replacement just won't fit all that comfortably seeing as that new battery is a little longer and thicker) I reckon I must have inadvertently caused some issue in there.

No biggie, though. In any case, the unit has touch-screen capabilities, so in most instances I'm able to exit to "home" via that touch-screen.

IMG
Is it worth it to get one of these vs. some new fangled JXD device?  I have always followed these things, the GP2X Wiz, the Canoo, Pandora, GCW Zero etc.. but never got any of them.  I'd like to one day when the perfect device comes out.  The 3DS and Vita might be an option now too.

Bloufo

Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/07/2015, 02:03 PMIs it worth it to get one of these vs. some new fangled JXD device?  I have always followed these things, the GP2X Wiz, the Canoo, Pandora, GCW Zero etc.. but never got any of them.  I'd like to one day when the perfect device comes out.  The 3DS and Vita might be an option now too.
It was released against the GP32. It's a palm pilot-based handheld. It's more powerful than a GP32, but less than a GP2X.

technozombie

Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/07/2015, 02:03 PM

IMG
Is it worth it to get one of these vs. some new fangled JXD device?  I have always followed these things, the GP2X Wiz, the Canoo, Pandora, GCW Zero etc.. but never got any of them.  I'd like to one day when the perfect device comes out.  The 3DS and Vita might be an option now too.
I think that the Vita has recently been fully opened up for homebrew and not just by exploiting the PSP side. I don't have one myself so I haven't looked into it in detail.

sn0zc0r3

There was more that came with this, but I'm so goddamn excited for the game boy player.

IMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: sn0zc0r3 on 10/08/2015, 01:16 PMThere was more that came with this, but I'm so goddamn excited for the game boy player.

IMG
That's very cool, other than looking very nice and playing DVD's what other benefits are there over a regular GameCube.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

sn0zc0r3

If I remember correctly, it can do surround sound for the movies as well. Not 100% sure though.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/08/2015, 01:54 PM
Quote from: sn0zc0r3 on 10/08/2015, 01:16 PMThere was more that came with this, but I'm so goddamn excited for the game boy player.

IMG
That's very cool, other than looking very nice and playing DVD's what other benefits are there over a regular GameCube.
Its reflective surface acts like shiny keys being waved around amazing your pets, blonde neighbors and more.
--DragonmasterDan

johnnykonami

Quote from: technozombie on 10/07/2015, 04:29 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/07/2015, 02:03 PM

I think that the Vita has recently been fully opened up for homebrew and not just by exploiting the PSP side. I don't have one myself so I haven't looked into it in detail.
Me neither.  I know the "new" 3DS is capable of running some homebrew now, but the screen never looked quite as good at the Vita's..  I might have to check it out though.

Oh man, I wanted one of those back in the day, but I guess the selling point of watching DVDs as well has long passed.  As much as loved the GC, I never even got a standard one.  I have to rectify that one day.  I worked with them every day for years when I was a tester, I guess that's why I didn't jump on it.

Elder

I had to make a detour on my way home tonight to drop something off at the post office, and decided to pick this up. 

IMG

Not your typical update, which is why I thought it would be fun to post :)

technozombie

I emailed some estate sale people and asked if they had any old games. They had one, it was a CIB copy of tengen pac man. Not that great of a find but when I went to get it the house was a ~$500k type of place. It was pretty cool to look around.

Bloufo

Digi.k

sn0zc0r3

Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/08/2015, 05:05 PMOh man, I wanted one of those back in the day, but I guess the selling point of watching DVDs as well has long passed.  As much as loved the GC, I never even got a standard one.  I have to rectify that one day.  I worked with them every day for years when I was a tester, I guess that's why I didn't jump on it.
It was one of those consoles I always wanted when I saw it announced back when I was in college. In all honesty, I already have a modded one so I'm passing the console on to a buddy of mine for dirt cheap. I really just wanted the box and packaging, along with the complete game boy player.

Oof yeah, I don't blame you for ignoring the GC. Doing QA on anything like that would make me shun it pretty hard as well.

tknjin

here are some of my recent pc engine pick ups.  The biggest surprise here is the Sol Bianca :).  It is a very cheap game, but it took me over 2 years to finally get with a spine card~

IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG

johnnykonami

Quote from: sn0zc0r3 on 10/09/2015, 01:48 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/08/2015, 05:05 PMOh man, I wanted one of those back in the day, but I guess the selling point of watching DVDs as well has long passed.  As much as loved the GC, I never even got a standard one.  I have to rectify that one day.  I worked with them every day for years when I was a tester, I guess that's why I didn't jump on it.
It was one of those consoles I always wanted when I saw it announced back when I was in college. In all honesty, I already have a modded one so I'm passing the console on to a buddy of mine for dirt cheap. I really just wanted the box and packaging, along with the complete game boy player.

Oof yeah, I don't blame you for ignoring the GC. Doing QA on anything like that would make me shun it pretty hard as well.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the system, I just played with one for months on end when I was working on a GC project.  I wasn't implying burnout, just that I had access to a GC all the time, but now that I'm typing it I realize how stupid I sound.  I was deeply invested in PS2, which we were also working with all the time, difference was I could play GOOD PS2 games at home rather the garbage we worked on at work.  Anyhoo, gotta get a GC (and GB player also!) before they become the next big collectard target!

xcrement5x

Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/09/2015, 04:40 PM
Quote from: sn0zc0r3 on 10/09/2015, 01:48 PM

Don't get me wrong, I loved the system, I just played with one for months on end when I was working on a GC project.  I wasn't implying burnout, just that I had access to a GC all the time, but now that I'm typing it I realize how stupid I sound.  I was deeply invested in PS2, which we were also working with all the time, difference was I could play GOOD PS2 games at home rather the garbage we worked on at work.  Anyhoo, gotta get a GC (and GB player also!) before they become the next big collectard target!
Game Boy Player is already a bit pricy, my advice if you want to save some cash is to find the hardware cheap and then drop a $5 XenoGC in the unit and use a CDR to boot up instead. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Mathius

lwizardl

going to take a while for it to arrive from japan but I got a IFU, coregrafx, avenue pad 6. All on the way

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 10/09/2015, 10:54 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 10/09/2015, 04:00 PMtom nook on dat ganja
Tokin' dat harry, sticky shit.
Everything is copacetic, comrades.

On dat ganja.

Comrades.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SuperGrafx

I almost bought an 8 bit Mario amiibo today.
Target actually had one in stock.  However, upon closer inspection of the figure enclosed in the packaging, I could see some marking and staining on some of the plastic. 

That said, I decided against purchasing this elusive figurine.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: esteban on 10/10/2015, 10:23 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/09/2015, 10:54 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 10/09/2015, 04:00 PMtom nook on dat ganja
Tokin' dat harry, sticky shit.
Everything is copacetic, comrades.

On dat ganja.

Comrades.
"If by copacetic, you mean I'm gonna rip out your tongue & lick your ass with it..."
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

schweaty

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 10/10/2015, 04:57 PMI almost bought an 8 bit Mario amiibo today.
Target actually had one in stock.  However, upon closer inspection of the figure enclosed in the packaging, I could see some marking and staining on some of the plastic. 

That said, I decided against purchasing this elusive figurine.
This belongs in teh "what did you not buy today" thread

cr8zykuban0

some cool pickups over the last 2 weeks
IMG

Mathius

^^Dungeon Explorer Sega CD has some pretty stellar music, but damn is it frustrating! Instead of an organic dungeon design Hudson opted for a more maze-like layout with warps spread out everywhere to make matters even more confusing. It's a real shame since I love its sound design which uses FM synth to mimic Atari's Gauntlet.

Bloufo

A few pick-ups,

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Those Duke pads were missing the end part controller connector. That's usually par for the course (at least in my experience) with oXbox controllers found at garage sales/flea markets, etc.
I can't understand how folks just lose those things. Fortunately, I have a few spares.

IMG

And these oXbox AV cables I got for free. The guy was putting them in a refuse bag, ready to throw them out.

S-Video, Composite, and RF box.

IMG

EvilEvoIX

Some new Pickups.  So happy to get a Disc system, enjoying the extra sound hardware and music from Castlevania on the Disc version.  Now to get a Mr. Gimik! even if a repro.

IMG
IMG
IMG

Almost complete with my 32X collection and some a new Sega Game.

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

lwizardl

awesome score on the twin famicom, That will be one of my next purchases :)

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: lwizardl on 10/11/2015, 09:13 PMawesome score on the twin famicom, That will be one of my next purchases :)
That's definitely something I want as well. My Gyromite converter works, but it sure is ugly.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 10/11/2015, 10:24 PM
Quote from: lwizardl on 10/11/2015, 09:13 PMawesome score on the twin famicom, That will be one of my next purchases :)
That's definitely something I want as well. My Gyromite converter works, but it sure is ugly.
Twin Famis are the best Famicoms to own. If anyone needs FDS maintenance I have a friend that does fantastic work.

xcrement5x

I have been going to the local game store recently and trading in a lot of low value stuff I don't want to bother with selling recently, and they just got enough good Dreamcast stuff in that I decided to cash out some of that store credit.  So I picked up:

IMG
2015-10-13 Local Game Store Pickups by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Resident Evil 2 [DC]
Bomberman Online [DC]
Dynamite Cop [DC] (loose disc)
Risky Woods [GEN]

Their prices are kind of high (a bit above ebay) but they also do buy three get the 4th free so that is a nice perk if you can time your purchases right.  I've already got a case for Dynamite Cop so picking up the loose disc was a nice way to get a complete copy cheap compared to ebay. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

EvilEvoIX

I got some common stuff from Endless Electronics in Youngstown Ohio.  Decent store, not the biggest collection but CHEAP Prices. 

facebook.com/Endless-Electronics-124672360920651/timeline/
https://twitter.com/endlesselec
CLOSED

My 32X collection is almost complete.

IMG
IMGIMGIMG

Elder

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/13/2015, 07:41 PMMy 32X collection is almost complete.
Which games are you missing?

NightWolve

Total Recall NES... LOL

I rented and beat that turdfest as a kid. Enjoy!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Elder on 10/13/2015, 07:58 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/13/2015, 07:41 PMMy 32X collection is almost complete.
Spiderman, Blackthore, Darkxide.
IMGIMGIMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: NightWolve on 10/13/2015, 07:59 PMTotal Recall NES... LOL

I rented and beat that turdfest as a kid. Enjoy!
It is dog shit but I have been finding a bunch of cheap NES games in the box so why not right?
IMGIMGIMG

Elder

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/13/2015, 08:17 PMSpiderman, Blackthore, Darkxide.
Good luck with Spidey.  That one took me awhile to find at a price I was willing to pay for such a so-so game.  I really miss the days of being able to pick up retro games on the cheap and experience ones I missed.  Today I feel like I need to sell a kidney just to pick up a retro game that looks cool.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Elder on 10/13/2015, 08:24 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/13/2015, 08:17 PMSpiderman, Blackthore, Darkxide.
Good luck with Spidey.  That one took me awhile to find at a price I was willing to pay for such a so-so game.  I really miss the days of being able to pick up retro games on the cheap and experience ones I missed.  Today I feel like I need to sell a kidney just to pick up a retro game that looks cool. 
I found one loose in Connecticut for $200, I passed.  I only pay that much for Neo Geo games.
IMGIMGIMG

wilykat

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/13/2015, 08:17 PM
Quote from: Elder on 10/13/2015, 07:58 PM
Spiderman, Blackthore, Darkxide.
Good luck!!!  Spiderman is the only reason 32x isn't a cheap system to get complete CIB set.