@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

NintendoTwizer, collector who sold out for $130,000 looking for PCEFX handouts!

Started by sirhcman, 09/29/2015, 12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhcman

So this guy has been here and the majority of his posts are in raffle threads. He is the guy who had complete (or near complete) sets of all of the following systems: GB, GBC, SMS, NES, SNES, N64, GC, 32X and SOLD it all for $130,000. Why he is on here and joining raffles boggles my mind and I am surprised no one here has called him out on this! Sell all your shit then try to get free stuff without even adding anything worthwhile to the board.. classy!

Here are some old pics showing part of his collection he sold:
imgur.com/a/Pcy64

reddit thread discussing the sale:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollecting/comments/2teqw2/unintendotwizers

His post history here:
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=5743

DildoKKKobold

21 posts, 11 in raffle threads. I'm sure this will go swimmingly, and people will heap tons of praise on him!
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gentlegamer

This dude is Lord of the Collectards

If I remember correctly, all of those full sets were 'collected' over the course of about two years.

If I had the power, I'd ban him immediately.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

geise

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 09/29/2015, 02:13 AMThis dude is Lord of the Collectards

If I remember correctly, all of those full sets were 'collected' over the course of about two years.

If I had the power, I'd ban him immediately.
LOL!  Two years.  I bet he has some nice debt.  Well had some nice debt if he sold for that much.  Then again lord knows what he spent to get all those complete collections.  Yeah, sounds like a nice guy to have around.

Gentlegamer

Here's a kotaku article on it: http://kotaku.com/one-guy-is-trying-to-sell-more-video-games-than-youve-e-1643461634

I'm not leaving the site or collecting, but I am open to selling everything if the right offer came around. I'm currently in the process of moving. The house is going up for sale next week and everything collection-wise is boxed up. I have the opportunity to build a new house but will most likely not be ready to move into that house for another year or more. In the meantime, since the collections boxed up, since I'm going to have a great deal of house building expenses I thought what the heck, why not list it all. One of two scenarios will happen. First, I get a good enough offer, sell the collection put 95% of that money towards the house and leave the remaining 5% for a new game collection. If that happens my next collection will be much more small scale. Local garage sale, thrift store finds.

And leeching on pcengine-fx.com
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

o.pwuaioc

No kidding, this was so big when it happened, that I had non-gamer friends email/message me about it. It hit the real news. I think it was the gorgeous organization that attracted their attention. Those wooden shelves...

PukeSter

I remember seeing these pictures on an n64 forum months back. Shit is crazy.

NecroPhile

The guy sounds like a real peach.

And people wonder why forum regulars usually bar noobs from their sales and/or raffles.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BigusSchmuck

Reminds me of Doctors having their kids play on their work computers and wonder why it's got viruses.

T2KFreeker

This kind of shit just makes me very, very sad. What an asshole.
END OF LINE.

esteban

I actually remember his forum name, even though he only had a handful of posts.

Crazy.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 09/29/2015, 12:42 AM...and I am surprised no one here has called him out on this!
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/12/2015, 02:21 PM
Quote from: NintendoTwizer on 09/11/2015, 01:18 PMI would love to give this game a try.  Sign me up! :)
Ain't you that one thing or something?
There, I tried. lol
IMG

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

Ozzy_98

NintendoTwizer is one of the nicest guys you could meet though, always helpful to people and never bashing others. He didn't "flip a collection", he sold it when he moved to a new house.

And he didn't just get into collecting a few years ago, his dad owned a game store, he was raised into gaming.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Ozzy_98 on 10/13/2015, 08:43 AMNintendoTwizer is one of the nicest guys you could meet though, always helpful to people and never bashing others. He didn't "flip a collection", he sold it when he moved to a new house.

And he didn't just get into collecting a few years ago, his dad owned a game store, he was raised into gaming.
Who gives a fuck?  None of that negates the fact that he's a leech, with more than half of his posts here asking for free stuff.

Ozzy_98

Quote from: guest on 10/13/2015, 09:18 AM
Quote from: Ozzy_98 on 10/13/2015, 08:43 AMNintendoTwizer is one of the nicest guys you could meet though, always helpful to people and never bashing others. He didn't "flip a collection", he sold it when he moved to a new house.

Who gives a fuck?  None of that negates the fact that he's a leech, with more than half of his posts here asking for free stuff.
I for one did, cause I like the guy. And the OP was posting wrong info about a guy.  I didn't say anything about it making a different about raffles or trying to justify what he did. I'm just correcting it some.

NecroPhile

The closest you can get to something incorrect will depend on how you define 'flipping'.  If you define it solely as short term buy and sell, then many of his games were acquired far to long ago to qualify; if you define it as selling for profit in general, then they all qualify.

You can argue that either way, but him being a nice guy, Roy Vegas-ing, or his dad owning a game store has fuck all to do with it.

sirhcman

Sorry but I don't see him helping others here and this is where he is posting for free hand outs. Also to avoid a whole semantics dispute I changed the wording from "flipped" to "SOLD" in the original post

Ozzy_98

Quote from: guest on 10/13/2015, 10:11 AM
Quote from: Ozzy_98 on 10/13/2015, 09:51 AM
Quote from: guest on 10/13/2015, 09:18 AM

I for one did, cause I like the guy. And the OP was posting wrong info about a guy.  I didn't say anything about it making a different about raffles or trying to justify what he did. I'm just correcting it some.
what "wrong" info was posted by OP?
I was wrong, it wasn't the OP who said the two years for the collecting part, that's the only wrong info I was pointing out. 

But if we're getting into the weeds, sure, he posted in a lot of raffle threads, but how many were AFTER it ended?  And for example in the duo raffle (A fuckin DUO raffle?!), he posted "Amazing raffle, very generous!  Good luck to those that are entered", and it required a 300 post count to enter.

It looks like he enters like 3-4 raffles to me, tops.

NecroPhile

Whether he met the raffle requirements or not isn't relevant.  The fact is he tried.

You're really not helping his case.

Ozzy_98

That doesn't look like he tried to join to me if you're talking about the duo one, he was being nice and saying congrats.

NecroPhile

Don't be obtuse.  I meant the ones where he posted some variation of 'sign me up', and the rest of his posts are mostly post count fodder so he can qualify for more raffles.

LostFlunky

Quote from: Ozzy_98 on 10/13/2015, 11:21 AMThat doesn't look like he tried to join to me if you're talking about the duo one, he was being nice and saying congrats. 
There are at least 8 raffles in his posting history where he asked to be included.  12 of his 23 posts are in raffle threads.  What conclusion should a reasonable person come to?

wildfruit

Ozzy_98

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/13/2015, 11:47 AM
Quote from: Ozzy_98 on 10/13/2015, 11:21 AMThat doesn't look like he tried to join to me if you're talking about the duo one, he was being nice and saying congrats. 
There are at least 8 raffles in his posting history where he asked to be included.  12 of his 23 posts are in raffle threads.  What conclusion should a reasonable person come to?
We're all seeing different numbers here so something's up. 

Going from here: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=5743;area=showposts;start=0
I see he has 23 posts, so that's easy to go over
#1,5,6,7  are all welcome posts to new people

#2 says "Sign me up!  Wait, dang it, I need to post more", with no edits, so he was just joking.  I sure can't count this one

#3 sets the count to 1 raffle.  Fighting street...

#4 is saying amazing raffle, congrats to all who enter.

#8-9 was a raffle for new people only, and he made a post wondering what his date was, and he didn't qualify.  So I'd say so far he's tried joining 1-2

#10 I have no idea here, I had to look into the thread to see this was him entering silent debuggers.  So 2-3 raffles joined, and I was not seeing this at first glance.

#11 was a raffle, so 3-4

#12 was a raffle... for a CD-r.  I'll count it as a real raffle, so 4-5

#13-14 gibberish

#15 Sealed final lap twin raffle, 5-6 total raffles

#16 nothing

17 - 18 8-9 raffle, so higher than I thought

All older posts, nothing. So I was wrong on the amount (Who the fuck enters a raffle with ...)

So in a nut shell, I can't fuckin count, ignore me. I only saw like 4 raffles where he actually entered.  I still like the guy though and know he's always been a nice and helpful guy on many forums.

sirhcman

I don't think anyone has ever questioned if he was nice or not, by his posts here (which you just detailed above) I can't draw any conclusion.

NecroPhile

GohanX

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Ozzy_98 on 10/13/2015, 12:06 PM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/13/2015, 11:47 AM
We're all seeing different numbers here so something's up. 

Going from here: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=5743;area=showposts;start=0
I see he has 23 posts, so that's easy to go over
#1,5,6,7  are all welcome posts to new people

#2 says "Sign me up!  Wait, dang it, I need to post more", with no edits, so he was just joking.  I sure can't count this one

#3 sets the count to 1 raffle.  Fighting street...

#4 is saying amazing raffle, congrats to all who enter.

#8-9 was a raffle for new people only, and he made a post wondering what his date was, and he didn't qualify.  So I'd say so far he's tried joining 1-2

#10 I have no idea here, I had to look into the thread to see this was him entering silent debuggers.  So 2-3 raffles joined, and I was not seeing this at first glance.

#11 was a raffle, so 3-4

#12 was a raffle... for a CD-r.  I'll count it as a real raffle, so 4-5

#13-14 gibberish

#15 Sealed final lap twin raffle, 5-6 total raffles

#16 nothing

17 - 18 8-9 raffle, so higher than I thought

All older posts, nothing. So I was wrong on the amount (Who the fuck enters a raffle with ...)

So in a nut shell, I can't fuckin count, ignore me. I only saw like 4 raffles where he actually entered.  I still like the guy though and know he's always been a nice and helpful guy on many forums. 
A lot of these examples show that he's really only "attending" raffle threads. He shows up, sees if there are new raffles to enter, and leaves. Even though I agree, NT is a nice enough dude, his behavior here is that of a mooch. Coupled with getting an insane $130,000 for video games, it just looks bad.

Just like GentleGamer's collectard posts are crap in the NA community, raffle-bombing is crap here at PCEFX.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Gentlegamer

Ozzy is NintendoTwizer's collector bro from Nintendo Age. That should shed some light on his defense of this poor misunderstood member.
IMG

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/13/2015, 04:56 PMOzzy is NintendoTwizer's collector bro from Nintendo Age. That should shed some light on his defense of this poor misunderstood member.
COLLECTARDS! COLLECTARDS! sdfhdafasdkjfakfsafdskjfdsakjfdjfhdsaljfdbaf
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Psycho Punch

SignOfZeta

When my hobby becomes completely overrun by a swarms of pog collecting 90s kids who "always loved the TG but could never afford it" and seem to enjoy commodifying the shit out of games in lieu of actually playing them...there isn't shit I can do about.

But when you tell me I have to like it? Well, there is only one thing I can do; tell you to go fuck yourself.

Collectards get to destroy my hobby by turning it into a giant used car lot and the only downside is that old hippie gamers insult you? That seems way more than fair to collectards.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/13/2015, 06:02 PMCollectards get to destroy my hobby by turning it into a giant used car lot and the only downside is that old hippie gamers insult you? That seems way more than fair to collectards.
Hahajahjahajajja :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

LostFlunky

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/13/2015, 06:02 PMCollectards get to destroy my hobby by turning it into a giant used car lot and the only downside is that old hippie gamers insult you? That seems way more than fair to collectards.
But you have to understand that a lot of these neophyte collectards are part of the "everyone gets a trophy" generation, and any suggestion that what they may be doing is less than praiseworthy, well, just HURTS A LOT. 

Ozzy_98

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/13/2015, 04:56 PMOzzy is NintendoTwizer's collector bro from Nintendo Age. That should shed some light on his defense of this poor misunderstood member.
Actually I know him first from thecoverproject.  Not that it matters, like I said, I thought he was a nice guy, and still feel this thread is over reacting.  He's not looking for handouts, he joined a few fun raffles, at least one for low post count, and was talking about one for new people.  This is hardly the person hurting the hobby.

And for the record, as I mentioned there, I'm an original duo owner, bought mine when it came out. I was in kabuki_danjiro's turbonetwork in the early 2000s on yahoo, was making demos I never finished in HuC shortly after it came out (HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DETECT COLLISIONS?!) .  I've seen crazy French guys named after stars of Ys selling great looking games for big bucks on ebay,, and listened to people call him crazy (Yet, it was still bought).  I've seen circus lido drop to 1/4 of it's old price.  I've seen someone start selling counterfeit sapphires he had pressed for care4data, and turn the whole "CDs are always legit" ideas on it's head.   Raising prices in PCE games has been going on for years and years, it's not new.  Sure they spiked a few years ago along with everything else, but we just got out of a recession. People have money now.  I'm not some "collectard" defending his collectard bros (Gah I sound stupid even saying that shit), I'm just someone who thought a nice guy was getting a bum wrap and having his stuff twisted around (Not nearly as fun as it sounds)

CrackTiger

Ozzy was a pretty cool guy bitd and I don't think that's changed.

With such a generous community here, we see way more raffles in particular, let alone all the community driven stuff like group buys, custom projects etc. As such, we've seen every possible variation of oblivious noob behavior, from those who start asking for anything and everything they can get, without bothering to browse the forum first and get a feel for the general atmosphere and popular stances on things like collectardization and new members trying to enter raffles they don't qualify for... to the morally bankrupt flippers and fraudsters who just want to wring everything they can out of this place as quickly and for as long as they can get away with it.

Ozzy: you shouldn't worry about what people who don't know your friend are saying about his history so far on this site and instead do what he should have and take your time to browse each section and read through popular threads to get a feel for the place.

Even if what NintendoTwizer has done wouldn't seem offensive in other places, a quick glance around the forum is all it takes to get a feel for how much it's frowned upon here. That's why people are upset about it and why there's no point in arguing about it.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Ozzy_98

Quote from: guest on 10/13/2015, 07:28 PMOzzy: you shouldn't worry about what people who don't know your friend are saying about his history so far on this site and instead do what he should have and take your time to browse each section and read through popular threads to get a feel for the place.

Even if what NintendoTwizer has done wouldn't seem offensive in other places, a quick glance around the forum is all it takes to get a feel for how much it's frowned upon here. That's why people are upset about it and why there's no point in arguing about it.
I do that every where I go actually.  Hence a year before I posted on NA and having a whole 10 posts here.

I just think people are twisting "Oh hey a free auction" around some.  I mean, if people get bent out of shape about people joining them, why have so many?  It's like entrapment or bait. Even if it's not a nice thing he did, is it really THAT bad, when two of them were designed for noobs?  I know this isn't a forum I call home, but as a PCE fanboy for over 20 years, it seems wrong forums would jump all over members like this.  Unless they're dickheads, then fuckem.  But Twizer isn't

Gentlegamer

Quote from: guest on 10/13/2015, 05:21 PMGentlegamer, I am having trouble pinpointing your agenda.
I'll help you out: there's no agenda.

I stopped hanging out in DoxPhile chat because my work schedule changed, and when I'd pop in, there's no one there.

Or if that's not acceptable: there's only so many times one can tolerate logging in to watch Nulltard live blog his bowel movements at work.
IMG

Gentlegamer

I think I may try to dig into Silent Debuggers soon, so I'll be sure to stop by DoxPhile and use you like a Nintendo Game Counselor.
IMG

VenomMacbeth

The purpose of this place isn't to acquire turbogoods.  I made that mistake when I first joined up, although I genuinely wanted to get into the system.  This is a FAN site where FANS can TALK about their love of turbob, not an online shop. 

The "entrapment" comment is just testicle poppycock.  We don't hold raffles simply to give away free stuff; we do it to generously spread the gaming goodness to people who are into the games.  I feel like lots of people just go OOH LOOK FREE SHIT & "enter me ploxxorz kthxbai."  You aren't obligated to enter just because it's free & you want more stuff.

Not saying your homie's a jerk, but if he expects a warm welcome round these parts, he's gonna have to take some medication for his collectardation & actually converse with us about games that HE LIKES TO PLAY.

Why the fuck would you even buy games to not play them, anyway??  I can understand if you're a fan of a particular series (I kept a copy of F-Zero sealed for display simply because I love F-Zero) but buying games to have them & not to play them is simply asinine.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Elder

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/13/2015, 08:19 PMWhy the fuck would you even buy games to not play them, anyway??  I can understand if you're a fan of a particular series (I kept a copy of F-Zero sealed for display simply because I love F-Zero) but buying games to have them & not to play them is simply asinine.
This is exactly what has killed my wallet in recent years.  I'm a massive SEGA Saturn fan, and I can't tell you how thankful I am that I have every game I wanted for that system.  Today it's insane how expensive games are because of people who just want them for the sake of having them.  I wish I could buy all the Turbo games I want, but alas I'm not a multi-millionaire.  People should buy games to play them, simple as that.

Sparky

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Elder on 10/13/2015, 08:27 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/13/2015, 08:19 PMWhy the fuck would you even buy games to not play them, anyway??  I can understand if you're a fan of a particular series (I kept a copy of F-Zero sealed for display simply because I love F-Zero) but buying games to have them & not to play them is simply asinine.
This is exactly what has killed my wallet in recent years.  I'm a massive SEGA Saturn fan, and I can't tell you how thankful I am that I have every game I wanted for that system.  Today it's insane how expensive games are because of people who just want them for the sake of having them.  I wish I could buy all the Turbo games I want, but alas I'm not a multi-millionaire.  People should buy games to play them, simple as that. 
This reminds how I need to look into the PseudoSaturn cart for playing burns.
IMG

Sparky

Haha, you did not start it, but good for you drinking on a Tuesday :P
(( sips wine ))

Gentlegamer

IMG

SignOfZeta

Apparently the guy isn't so bad that he deserved a whole thread attacking him, but in all seriousness...anyone who has ever had a complete NES set has something wrong with them. Maybe they've recovered, but that's some seriously collectarded bullshit. Complete NES...god, how many hundreds of terrible games is that?

And then flipping it for a house and asking for free shit...it's *really* hard to imagine that's going to a good home.

So if he doesn't go psycho on us, maybe he's actually cool. We'll see.
IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/13/2015, 10:10 PMApparently the guy isn't so bad that he deserved a whole thread attacking him
The point of the thread was to make future raffle holders aware of this guy, sorry if he is unfairly attacked but with the info given I don't see any other outcome. Hopefully he ends up being a nice guy and good member of the forums

crazydean