@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seieienbu

Looking forward to getting these but of course I don't mind the wait.  Thanks for putting all of this together guys.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Bernie

Quote from: NightWolve on 10/31/2015, 04:13 PMOne obvious way to try to avoid resellers of course is to limit the sale of these to one CD per person. If a buyer is trying to get 2 or more of the same CD, there's your warning indicator. So, if it's about getting these to as many people as possible sans "premium pricing plans" Tobias-style or the eBay rollercoaster, that's one way to help.
Yeah, that's what we're doing.  Everyone gets one copy each.  :)

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

wyndcrosser

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

neopolss

I would like to get a disc too.  Im glad these are clearly labeled as repro and offered cheaply.

martinine

How incredible! Thanks to everyone who made this happen. Can't wait to play Dracula X on my Duo!
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

Brraap

It's an unwritten law in Japan that every shooter series has to have it's own ''parody''

Sarumaru

I was quite skeptical about this whole thing until I spoke with the Wolves of Night about it. It's also quite the gesture on Tobias' part. Honestly, I never thought this sort of thing would happen as there was always such a stigma with repros here. I've expressed this before but I never thought repros were a bad idea especially if they are marked as such. Now, does this mean that there will be less scrutiny on the forums toward those who buy things from PCE Work/Tobias after such a gesture? Well, that still remains to be seen ;) Also, does anyone think this will drive down the price of some of these games since the market will slowly have abundance of these repros floating around? I imagine that some of these will wind up on eBay or social media sales threads/forums just by the fact that I'm starting to see new faces jump out of the wood work here. Maybe a minimal post count may have not been a bad idea but I digress. All that aside, I wouldn't mind having an English language version of Dracula X myself and will definitely be shooting Bernie a pm. This is a great thing from all those involved, I'd like to volunteer to help in any way possible .

BlueBMW

I dont know that it will have much effect on the price of repros.  I gave out 400 discs of Sapphire a few years back and still the price of that one is high for a repro.  The originals seemed largely unaffected in price.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

I seriously doubt what we are doing will affect the original game price, or Tobias's sales.  This is aimed at the folks just wanting the game itself.  There will always be others that want his full package.  Lets face it, the man does beautiful work.

Alt-Nintega

Can you burn HuCard games onto CD? or it's always CD to CD?

Gentlegamer

IMG

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/01/2015, 06:38 PM
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 11/01/2015, 06:35 PMCan you burn HuCard games onto CD? or it's always CD to CD?
wut
For Example: Can they put Magical Chase from HuCard to CD?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Sarumaru on 11/01/2015, 03:48 PMI'd like to volunteer to help in any way possible.
Could make adorable chibi ver. covers for the repro games.
IMG

elmer

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 11/01/2015, 06:42 PMFor Example: Can they put Magical Chase from HuCard to CD?
Sure ... it's a great way to create a PCE-themed beverage coaster.

If you actually want to play the game, then it's not such a good idea.

If you just want to play it without buying it ... Turbo Everdrive.

If you want a physical copy ... https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=19848.0

seieienbu

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/01/2015, 04:14 PMI dont know that it will have much effect on the price of repros.  I gave out 400 discs of Sapphire a few years back and still the price of that one is high for a repro.  The originals seemed largely unaffected in price.
I've been wanting a copy of Sapphire (repro or otherwise) for a while so I've been trying to keep track of it and hopefully find a reasonable deal.  Even after giving out all of the repros the price of the original has actually gone up rather steadily.  Ironically, even the Sapphire repro seems to be worth some money now and that's ignoring the unscrupulous people who try to pass off the repro as an original on ebay.

Mathius

Quote from: seieienbu on 11/01/2015, 07:55 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/01/2015, 04:14 PMI dont know that it will have much effect on the price of repros.  I gave out 400 discs of Sapphire a few years back and still the price of that one is high for a repro.  The originals seemed largely unaffected in price.
I've been wanting a copy of Sapphire (repro or otherwise) for a while so I've been trying to keep track of it and hopefully find a reasonable deal.  Even after giving out all of the repros the price of the original has actually gone up rather steadily.  Ironically, even the Sapphire repro seems to be worth some money now and that's ignoring the unscrupulous people who try to pass off the repro as an original on ebay.
I wouldn't put it past Tobias to repress the Sapphire bootie once he exhausts his future plans.

NightWolve

...it's called the Super HuCard ISO.

https://www.zeograd.com/super_hucard_download.php

About 75 games work off a CD bootable menu. There are varying degrees of bugs, but they're mostly playable. Only games that are 256KB or less can be converted to be played this way since that matches the CD RAM size. But yes, it's possible and the idea obviously started with the Gate of Thunder 4-in-1 CD where Hudson made Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge and Bomberman playable off a CD.

780racer

I cannot wait to get a PM back and play these great games. I have not been able to get a Rondo ISO to work correctly on my DUO since purchasing it..... so i am more than excited for this.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/01/2015, 09:25 PM...it's called the Super HuCard ISO.

http://www.zeograd.com/super_hucard_download.php

About 75 games work off a CD bootable menu. There are varying degrees of bugs, but they're mostly playable. Only games that are 256KB or less can be converted to be played this way since that matches the CD RAM size. But yes, it's possible and the idea obviously started with the Gate of Thunder 4-in-1 CD where Hudson made Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge and Bomberman playable off a CD.
IMG
IMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/01/2015, 09:25 PM...it's called the Super HuCard ISO.

VERY COOL.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Bernie

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/01/2015, 09:25 PM
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 11/01/2015, 06:42 PM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/01/2015, 06:38 PM
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 11/01/2015, 06:35 PMCan you burn HuCard games onto CD? or it's always CD to CD?
wut
For Example: Can they put Magical Chase from HuCard to CD?
Yes, it's called the Super HuCard ISO.

They are playable enough to let you know if it's something you want to buy.  I dont think I ever found one that didnt eventually crash, freeze, glitch out, ect..  But yeah, probably something that could have been proven to work really well if it had continued to be worked on.  Shit, imagine if a finished product got pressed.  :)

Bernie

Had some help today.  :) 

IMG

IMG

And this isn't counting spindle of aprox 100 I am sending to fellow forum member Josh to help with shipping. 

Like I said before guys, I am seeing your PMs.  :)  I do so many a day, and then call it a night.  We should have plenty to go around.  So, until you see us post otherwise, just hang in there.  BlueBMW, I dont see how the hell you did this all by your lonesome a few years back...   8)

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 11/02/2015, 06:39 PMOh man I can't wait to have mine shipped!
I hope I make the cut, the CD-Rs make me more paranoid every time I pop them in :P

Bernie

If you have PMd me , you'll be in.

Groover

IMG

Gentlegamer

IMG

Dicer

T2KFreeker

Well, threw my hat in the ring. Let's see if it pans out. PM sent Bernie. You guys rock.
END OF LINE.

Bernie

I've decided to melt the remaining discs with my hair dryer.  :)

K-2

I sent an email through pce memories site about getting a Drac x disc and it came yesterday. I'm assuming you guys are the same people running the requests that get sent from there.

Thanks very much for all your philanthropic efforts this is awesome!

Bernie

Quote from: K-2 on 11/03/2015, 10:41 AMI sent an email through pce memories site about getting a Drac x disc and it came yesterday. I'm assuming you guys are the same people running the requests that get sent from there.

Thanks very much for all your philanthropic efforts this is awesome!
Not quite.  You got it from Tobias himself.  I can only assume it will be us for now though.  It saves him time and money to let someone else handle the loose discs. 

LostFlunky

Quote from: Bernie on 11/03/2015, 09:59 AMI've decided to melt the remaining discs with my hair dryer.  :)

You are already in the 30 Year Book, you don't need to overdo it!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Bernie on 11/03/2015, 09:59 AMI've decided to melt the remaining discs with my hair dryer.  :)

The curse! :P
Thanks again Bernie for doing this..

reno5

geise

Heh, I see Bernie is using slave labor again.

I kid.  You are busy Bernie.

Marto_Jo-ing

T2KFreeker

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, you guys still rock!
END OF LINE.

Bernie

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 11/03/2015, 02:21 PM

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, you guys still rock!
And this bird....you cannot change...

Scillianaire

I already have the translated dracula x but I want the others! BTW when is the next batch expected?
Thanks!

CrackTiger

This thread has set a new record for unfamilar/low-post-count usernames outside of a raffle thread.

I suspect that this period will also see a record number of new users.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 11/03/2015, 05:01 PMThis thread has set a new record for unfamilar/low-post-count usernames outside of a raffle thread.

Ive noticed that.  How I have been dealing with that is this.  When an old timer PMs me, he/she automatically goes to the front of the line.  I feel that is only fair, even though I am sure we will have enough to go around.

seieienbu

Is it wrong that I'd actually like to see a video of you melting one of each with a hair dryer?

geise

Quote from: seieienbu on 11/03/2015, 05:27 PM

Is it wrong that I'd actually like to see a video of you melting one of each with a hair dryer?
I see no problem with it at all. O:)

supraguy88t

Quote from: CrackTiger on 11/03/2015, 05:01 PMThis thread has set a new record for unfamilar/low-post-count usernames outside of a raffle thread.

I've lurked here mostly in the repair section for a while now but it's funny there was talk on another forum how this forum is weary about new users just looking for a deal to flip on eBay.

synbiosfan

Quote from: supraguy88t on 11/03/2015, 09:50 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 11/03/2015, 05:01 PMThis thread has set a new record for unfamilar/low-post-count usernames outside of a raffle thread.

I've lurked here mostly in the repair section for a while now but it's funny there was talk on another forum how this forum is weary about new users just looking for a deal to flip on eBay.
Most forums feel that way. :wink:

PukeSter

It's kinda disturbing that the virtual boy forum is almost as active as this place.

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=1&since=0

Pcefx is a sure with thousands of members, and only a few dozen posts a day.

Mathius

I was always under the impression that this place was always pretty lively.

Sarumaru

Bernie's gonna fart on em before he sends them. Maybe catch it on video.. It'll be the new cake farts. It'll go viral... Disc farts.