The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 10/26/2015, 11:15 AMAh Bloomington, if you keep heading south in IL let me know what you think of Live Action Games in Champaign.  I went there about a year ago and they were decently priced on a lot of stuff, no stellar deals though.
I'll be there tomorrow.

Quote from: agent_orange on 10/26/2015, 03:20 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/26/2015, 03:03 PM
Quote from: agent_orange on 10/26/2015, 10:45 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/26/2015, 10:41 AM
Quote from: agent_orange on 10/26/2015, 08:37 AMwhen does the tour finally end so you can spare us of these posts?
I'm sorry sweety, you know you can simply not read my posts?  I mean no one is forcing you?  I'll be traveling for a while now.
I'm just ribbing on you.   It's actually good to know some first hand opinions in case anybody wants to visit these places.
It's also good to know you are buying all the crap, so there would be less for somebody else to sift through.
Crap like US AES titles and a NEO GEO bag?
yes, crap, just like that.
Fair enough.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

tknjin

/xgsfei/20151026_223622_zpsg3mlqrhu.jpg

Happiness~

munchiaz

Recently got back from my trip to Japan, where i got engaged. That was probably the best moment of the trip, but here are a bunch of smaller good moments i came across and picked up.

First up is the big purchase. A Vega Jr. controlbox (supergun) I've been wanting to dabble in arcade games for awhile now. I took my first step awhile back with my Neo Geo big red, and like many have said it sure is a slippery slope. 
IMG
This thing is a beast and I love it. Got seimitsu buttons and LS30 semitsu sticks. They all feel great, and the build quality is top notch.

Couldn't get the awesome supergun without getting at least one game to play. So i picked up one that i have enjoyed playing casually (will really learn the game now) Great Mahou Daisakusen.....DIMAHOO!!!
IMG
Picked up a CPS2A board as well (cracked plastic in shipping, still works fine) it came with the marquee as well and arcade instructions
IMG

Now i didn't forget about my obey. I didn't pick up a lot this time, but i got some quality titles
IMG

Now i've always wanted one of these just because its a neat piece, and I found one for a good price so decided to pick it up
IMG

Got some more modern things as well.
IMG

The main thing i wanted to get on this trip were some sticks for some of my older consoles. I was able to do that for the Saturn,SNES,and PCE.
IMG

The only figure i got this time. Couldn't pass up on some YuYu Hakusho stuff,
IMG

Mathius

nectarsis

/20151030_163439_zpsptzqkvfi.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

vmorr

Didn't realize all of the little pickups I've made recently until I decided to put a pic together :s

Been buried in school work, only have played Nemesis out of this pile for a little bit. Although most of these aren't exactly quick plays...

/xptzc8.jpg

EvilEvoIX

Got all these today from Indianapolis IN at various chains like "Disc Replay" and "The Exchange" which is an amazing chain that has damn near everything Video Games, Music (So many Box sets and limited sets), and Movies.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Got me a ton of clear cases, they were 50 Cents each so why not.  All the Genesis games are complete and Tin Head is brand new.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

sn0zc0r3

It's been a hell of a week for pickups.

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: munchiaz on 10/28/2015, 06:51 PMRecently got back from my trip to Japan, where i got engaged. That was probably the best moment of the trip, but here are a bunch of smaller good moments i came across and picked up.
I hear the Tokyo Super Potato is picked over. Where did you do a lot of your shopping?
--DragonmasterDan

Psycho Punch

IMG

Just paid $35 for Buster Bros. and $30 for Space Harrier, am I ineligible for the f-ebay club?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

EvilEvoIX

Today was a good day in terms of random finds as I visited Game World in Bloomington Indiana not expecting too much except the $25 Mario 3 Cart.  Nice little chain that sells classic games to brand new games and GREAT staff, true game fans and they even mentioned Game Sack.  They had some Neo Geo Games that have been sitting since 2012 and gave me a smoking deal on both of them and threw in the boxed NES games for free.  I love finding Neo in the wild and paying less then half what eBay charges, deals can be found for sure.  They had some Turbo stuff but VERY Expensive.  Bonk's Adventure was $44, Tiger Road was $55.  Nes games were a lil pricey but they had the rarer ones.

IMG

IMG

IMG
IMGIMGIMG

xcrement5x

IMG2015-11-02 Breach & Clear by LimitedRunGames by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Got my copy of Breach & Clear by LimitedRunGames for the Playstation Vita.  Came with the game itself, a postcard, sticker, and promo leaflet.  Hopefully this is the first of a long run of physical titles that they continue to produce.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Psycho Punch

Ready-to-Gouge Software is going to be my new publishing label.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

munchiaz

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/02/2015, 12:08 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 10/28/2015, 06:51 PMRecently got back from my trip to Japan, where i got engaged. That was probably the best moment of the trip, but here are a bunch of smaller good moments i came across and picked up.
I hear the Tokyo Super Potato is picked over. Where did you do a lot of your shopping?
I got the vega jr. and dimahoo from a store called beep. I got the PCE shuttle and the PCE and splatterhouse SD from mandrake. I got kid Dracula from super potato. Super potato still has a good amount of stuff. Its just really pricey there.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 11/02/2015, 05:37 PMReady-to-Gouge Software is going to be my new publishing label.
:lol:

synbiosfan

I haven't been very active lately because I've bought some cabs over the last few months.

Over the Summer I saw a 1 slot Neo cab that needed some tlc. I still plan on tinkering with it.
IMG

I made a new control panel for it and got a new bezel (still need a glass bezel).

The last time I was visiting relatives in England (84) I played Mystic Marathon and found one a couple months ago.

IMG

Then I saw a CL ad and picked up these.

IMG

I've made the Capcom cab a 6 button a player and put a cps2 multi kit in it. Changed it from mono to stereo.

The Dynamo cab has needed a lot of work and I'm still working on it. The flyback on the chasis needed to be replaced, I'm replacing the power supply, control panel, controllers, buttons and adding stereo. I plan on using it for vertical games.

The Sega Titan needed to be taken apart to get in the house :lol: I have a ST-V multi kit in it. It has dual mono but I'm changing it to stereo.

I've got Mystic Marathon and the Titan upstairs while the rest are in the basement.

Bits and pieces are arriving daily. It's been a lot of fun tinkering with them...annoying too :wink:

Opethian

nice neo synbios
sportin wood!
IMG

xcrement5x

Dang man, you've entered the world of cabs head first!  Some very cool stuff there, I really want to pick up a CPS2 Multi myself as I've heard they are just a phenomenal way to play so much stuff easily. 

That Mystic Marathon cab looks pretty trippy though, I love the art on the control panel.  If I was a kid I'd be buggin' Mom for quarters just because of that. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

synbiosfan

The cps2 multi is totally worth it.

Head first is right, I was nervous about everything with the Neo. It quickly changed to excitement.

I need to dig out my Splatterhouse pcb.

My Pandora's box 4 & 19-1 arrived today. I plan on playing some Robotron very soon!

LOL

IMG

Gredler

I bought the parts to mod out my PC/PS4/PS3-2-1 madcatz brawl stick, so now I have seimitsu ls-32 stick and sanwa buttons in this guy, and it's a lot of fun to use :)

IMG

xcrement5x

IMG
Comics from the thrift by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I randomly went by the thrift last night and found four bags full of comics marked at $5 each.  In total I got about 65 comics from the whole thing so I paid about the original cover price of each in the 35c range.  Most look like they're from the late 70s or so, a real random assortment.  Some are missing covers but in general they're all in pretty good condition, a combination of DC and Marvel but mainly DC stuff.

I showed this picture to my boss who is a comic guy, he thought I did pretty well but given the collection he guessed it was some casual reader of the time.  Will probably sort through them and look for any gold or hand them to my brother in law who is also a comics collector.  I had a heartily laugh at the single issue of Howard the Duck though, apparently that one didn't warrant future purchases.

lwizardl

completed a trade with someone on assembler and it arrives safely today I got my IS Nitro Capture for DS.

IMG

jtucci31

Quote from: Gredler on 11/04/2015, 02:24 PMI bought the parts to mod out my PC/PS4/PS3-2-1 madcatz brawl stick, so now I have seimitsu ls-32 stick and sanwa buttons in this guy, and it's a lot of fun to use :)
Damn that turned out awesome!! I'm jealous. I've been wanting to do this to mine for about a year but have just been too damn lazy. I may come to you if I have any questions

bartre

Quote from: synbiosfan on 11/02/2015, 08:32 PMIMG
dude, fuck that Die hard cab.
In the ass.
I had to fuck with one for work, hated every minute of it.

InfraMan

Holy crap, I haven't thought about Mystic Marathon in YEARS! :D

I loved that game as a kid, but somehow I completely forgot about it. It's like it just disappeared from my memory or something. Thanks for posting the pic!

I would imagine that a dedicated cabinet version is fairly rare? I only ever saw it in one location back in the day.

NecroPhile

Yesterday's mail brought me an Ave Pad 6 box (thanks Gohan!), dem booties (thanks Bernie!), and Breach & Clear collectard fodder.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

synbiosfan

Quote from: bartre on 11/05/2015, 02:00 AMdude, fuck that Die hard cab.
In the ass.
I had to fuck with one for work, hated every minute of it.
I've heard bad things about all three. :lol:

I can definitely see it being a bear to do simple fixes compared to other cabs.

Right now the Dynamo is the one I hate.

Quote from: InfraMan on 11/05/2015, 09:05 AMHoly crap, I haven't thought about Mystic Marathon in YEARS! :D

I loved that game as a kid, but somehow I completely forgot about it. It's like it just disappeared from my memory or something. Thanks for posting the pic!

I would imagine that a dedicated cabinet version is fairly rare? I only ever saw it in one location back in the day.
On KLOV they say there were only 5 dedicated cabinets made, mainly for trade shows, expos, etc. Three of those were converted to whatever Williams made next, one was destroyed in a fire and the other is owned by someone.

I just liked it and always wanted one after playing it. I like Bubbles and think MM is more fun, I'm in the minority. It didn't do very well in general so most who bought the kit converted it back or to another game. It's not very common so collectards want it :cry:

I kept hoping it would show up on one of the multiboards but it hasn't yet.

munchiaz

Quote from: synbiosfan on 11/03/2015, 06:11 PMThe cps2 multi is totally worth it.

Head first is right, I was nervous about everything with the Neo. It quickly changed to excitement.

I need to dig out my Splatterhouse pcb.

My Pandora's box 4 & 19-1 arrived today. I plan on playing some Robotron very soon!

LOL

IMG
What do you think of the pandora 4? i've been thinking about picking one up, and what is this 19-1 you speak of?

synbiosfan

I haven't spent too much time with either.

The 19-1 has DEFENDER, STARGATE, BUBBLES, JOUST, ROBOTRON, BLASTER, SPLAT, RALLY X, BATTLE CITY, MARIO BROS, NEW RALLY X, GHOST' n GOBLINS, SOLOMON's KEY, GRADIUS, SKY KID, ICE CLIMBER, SUPER MARIO BROS, DO! RUN RUN, KICK RIDER

I have played Robotron, Joust & Ghosts n Goblins briefly.

InfraMan

Quote from: synbiosfan on 11/05/2015, 01:01 PMI just liked it and always wanted one after playing it. I like Bubbles and think MM is more fun, I'm in the minority. It didn't do very well in general so most who bought the kit converted it back or to another game. It's not very common so collectards want it :cry:
That's a shame. It's definitely a better game than Bubbles... I can see why it's not for everyone, though.

Quote from: synbiosfan on 11/05/2015, 04:25 PMThe 19-1 has DEFENDER, STARGATE, BUBBLES, JOUST, ROBOTRON, BLASTER, SPLAT, RALLY X, BATTLE CITY, MARIO BROS, NEW RALLY X, GHOST' n GOBLINS, SOLOMON's KEY, GRADIUS, SKY KID, ICE CLIMBER, SUPER MARIO BROS, DO! RUN RUN, KICK RIDER
That is one weird mix of games... lots of Williams goodness, though! I always thought Blaster was really cool, but it's another strange one.

EvilEvoIX

Found some good stuff in Hickory North Carolina at a shop called Red Fox Gaming.  They appear to be a brand new store with a lot of rarer titles and even turbo stuff.  They had a boxed Air Zonk and Bomber man as well as MANY Neo Geo AES titles as well as MVS.  I only got the one game as I had the rest of their titles and the boxed Pro Stick was nice as well.

https://www.facebook.com/redfoxgamingllc

IMG

IMG

IMG
IMGIMGIMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 11/06/2015, 12:22 AMFound some good stuff in Hickory North Carolina at a shop called Red Fox Gaming.  They appear to be a brand new store with a lot of rarer titles and even turbo stuff.  They had a boxed Air Zonk and Bomber man as well as MANY Neo Geo AES titles as well as MVS.  I only got the one game as I had the rest of their titles and the boxed Pro Stick was nice as well.

IMG

IMG

IMG
You're in NC?  If you're in the Charlotte area, check out Save Point and The Grid.  Haven't been to the latter in awhile, not sure what kind of stuff they've got now.  You could also venture over to Huntersville & check out Video Game World, they have just a ton of stuff.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 11/06/2015, 03:50 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 11/06/2015, 12:22 AMFound some good stuff in Hickory North Carolina at a shop called Red Fox Gaming.  They appear to be a brand new store with a lot of rarer titles and even turbo stuff.  They had a boxed Air Zonk and Bomber man as well as MANY Neo Geo AES titles as well as MVS.  I only got the one game as I had the rest of their titles and the boxed Pro Stick was nice as well.

IMG

IMG

IMG
You're in NC?  If you're in the Charlotte area, check out Save Point and The Grid.  Haven't been to the latter in awhile, not sure what kind of stuff they've got now.  You could also venture over to Huntersville & check out Video Game World, they have just a ton of stuff.
Thanks for the heads up!!   I'm actually in Columbia today and just visited Software Seconds down here.  I'll post up that place later.
IMGIMGIMG

VenomMacbeth

Ewwww, software seconds.  Hope you like overpriced re-shrinkwrapped Genesis sports games & street fighter II
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

InfraMan

Sweet, I didn't know there was anything gaming-related in Hickory. I'll have to stop by next time I'm on the way to Asheville! :)

geise

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 11/06/2015, 03:30 PMEwwww, software seconds.  Hope you like overpriced re-shrinkwrapped Genesis sports games & street fighter II
Haha!  Man I started shopping at Software Second around 95 since I lived in Columbia at the time.  They basically started out from buying all the closeout stock from "Power Up".  The main owner at the time (Mike) was awesome and nice.  They had amazing prices and I got most of my Saturn import and domestic collection from them.  Really most of the 32-bit and DC era imports are from that store.  Now mustache man runs it.  For the past 10 years it has been a shit store.  Sad. 

BTW Evo do you just travel around and look for games?  Are you starting a youtube channel?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: geise on 11/06/2015, 05:36 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 11/06/2015, 03:30 PMEwwww, software seconds.  Hope you like overpriced re-shrinkwrapped Genesis sports games & street fighter II
Haha!  Man I started shopping at Software Second around 95 since I lived in Columbia at the time.  They basically started out from buying all the closeout stock from "Power Up".  The main owner at the time (Mike) was awesome and nice.  They had amazing prices and I got most of my Saturn import and domestic collection from them.  Really most of the 32-bit and DC era imports are from that store.  Now mustache man runs it.  For the past 10 years it has been a shit store.  Sad. 

BTW Evo do you just travel around and look for games?  Are you starting a youtube channel?
Naw been traveling a lot for work so I have been taking advantage.  Sunday I'll be in Atlanta so I'll check out that scene.  Maybe I'll post up my finds and certainly review some rarer items.  I have been on a Neo Geo onslaught lately and cannot believe how inexpensive the games have been on this trip.
IMGIMGIMG

dingsbums

I finally got one of these  :dance:  after a 1200 km tour 8).

IMG
IMG

I haven't done anything to it yet - but I plan to do a complete restore on it 8) .

ToyMachine78

IMG

IMG

IMG
Are you on the gaming world tour or something? WTH lol

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 11/07/2015, 03:01 PM

IMG

IMG

IMG
Are you on the gaming world tour or something? WTH lol
Yup.
IMGIMGIMG

bob

The world would be a dirty place without trash collectors.

sirhcman

Quote from: agent_orange on 11/07/2015, 07:39 PMThe world would be a dirty place without trash collectors.
Thank goodness we have you!

bob

Quote from: guest on 11/07/2015, 10:43 PM
Quote from: agent_orange on 11/07/2015, 07:39 PMThe world would be a dirty place without trash collectors.
Thank goodness we have you!
lol...says the guy buying saturn.

lwizardl

NightWolve

Quote from: lwizardl on 11/07/2015, 11:50 PMGot these today
IMG
Ha, I just bought that District B13 at the dollar store today! Of course I've seen it already, twice, but at $1 to own it on a nice new DVD, I said what the hell. It has a 'Making Of' special, outtakes and an extended fight scene, so why not.

lwizardl

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/08/2015, 01:35 AMHa, I just bought that District B13 at the dollar store today! Of course I've seen it already, twice, but at $1 to own it on a nice new DVD, I said what the hell. It has a 'Making Of' special, outtakes and an extend fight scene, so why not.
Yup same place I got it from

EvilEvoIX

Oh sweety.....Oh  :-({|=
IMGIMGIMG

nectarsis

Thanks to jtuuc for the sweet raffle win+ extras ;)

/20151106_172409_zpszddqm4eb.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

Quote from: nectarsis on 11/08/2015, 04:25 PMThanks to jtuuc for the sweet raffle win+ extras ;)

/20151106_172409_zpszddqm4eb.jpg
Congrats buddy! Now all we have to do is get you back into a nice shiny Duo w/ Arcade Card. :)

xcrement5x

Quote from: dingsbums on 11/07/2015, 01:31 PMI finally got one of these  :dance:  after a 1200 km tour 8).

IMG
IMG

I haven't done anything to it yet - but I plan to do a complete restore on it 8) .
That looks pretty badass man, is it already working at least?