Sega Lord X reviews the Street Fighter II Champion Edition PC Engine port.
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho Punch

Quote from: esteban on 01/11/2016, 12:38 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/10/2016, 11:01 PMGentlegamer I'm not sure why you're always so pissy towards me on any given forum, but it's definitely something consistent that I've noticed. Do you have something you wanna say? Just get it out right here and now.
Let me be the first to say: whatever happens, please hug afterwards. :)
Hah.

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 01/11/2016, 12:38 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/10/2016, 11:01 PMGentlegamer I'm not sure why you're always so pissy towards me on any given forum, but it's definitely something consistent that I've noticed. Do you have something you wanna say? Just get it out right here and now.
Let me be the first to say: whatever happens, please hug afterwards. :)
Maybe they need to settle it in the ring  :roll: :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

geise

Kaillera wrestling match time!  Live on youtube!  Wait it wouldn't be live.  Regardless it'd be fun to watch.  Wrestling is kinda like hugging so they would also be pleasing esteban.

Medic_wheat

Not a favorite video of mine. But it is very hard for me to have interest in something I do not activity enjoy.

With that said the production was always very well and I found at lest one game I am interested to play despite my disinterest in sports games.  Wreaking games being top shelf lack of interest for me.

BigusSchmuck

I'm actually kinda surprised this didn't make the list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_WrestleMania_%28video_game%29
Though I'm not much of a wrestling fan, this one sticks out as I remember renting this as a kid and very catchy music. Not to mention it features Andre the Giant..

johnnykonami

I didn't watch this yet, and I'm not a wrestling fan per say, but I'm not one of football, baseball or many other sports and I've enjoyed the odd video game about them.  So I'm not sure if it was included, but I always kinda enjoyed Mat Mania by Taito back in the day.  Also Monster Pro wrestling on the PCE kinda intrigues me.  Making wrestling an intergalactic battle between different species of aliens is pretty cool.  Honestly if you put an outer space or future theme on any sport I usually like it better.  Case in point, Base Wars!

NightWolve

That Pro Wrestling game was a guilty pleasure of mine back in the NES days. Logged many many hours on it. Had a certain charm to it. Dunno why though, but no other wrestling games ever interested me after that, never ran into one that was as fun/enjoyable. The genre just wasn't on my radar much I guess, also a factor. But yeah, I really liked that NES game BITD.

TR0N

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/12/2016, 12:59 AMThat Pro Wrestling game was a guilty pleasure of mine back in the NES days. Logged many many hours on it. Had a certain charm to it. Dunno why though, but no other wrestling games ever interested me after that, never ran into one that was as fun/enjoyable. The genre just wasn't on my radar much I guess, also a factor. But yeah, I really liked that NES game BITD.
This and tecmo world wrestling for me as well beside WWE The arcade game,Saturday Night Slammasters.There's been a few times i wanted to try the fire pro wrestling series but i never did.
IMG

Joe Redifer

If we do another wrestling episode, at least now I can stay away from the mega-popular ones that I struggle to maintain interest in and instead cover something like Ringside Angel which I played after the episode was completed. It was actually kind of interesting. Not an amazing game by any means, but something I'd find more interesting to talk about. We're in no hurry to do that and I totally understand this not being a favorite episode of some people. It's not one of my favorites, either. But at least it's better than that Call of Duty episode we once did. Dave wanted to nab some of the modern gaming market and he chose a couple of FPS games to do it. I think it might still be our least viewed episode despite me cramming some retro stuff in there. I think we can nab an audience who ALSO enjoys some modern games as well as retro stuff by just talking about interesting games no matter the generation. Just because it isn't retro doesn't mean it isn't good. In fact I just got the Target Earth remake on the PS4 and it's pretty fun!

ClodBusted

I think you and Dave did pretty well with your wrestling episode. It's refreshing to get the point of view from somebody who is kind of new to the genre.

If you've got any if the Rumble Roses titles, you could try showing it in the next one.

Tits.

sirhcman

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/12/2016, 04:47 AMJust because it isn't retro doesn't mean it isn't good.
Spot on!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/12/2016, 04:47 AMIf we do another wrestling episode, at least now I can stay away from the mega-popular ones that I struggle to maintain interest in and instead cover something like Ringside Angel which I played after the episode was completed. It was actually kind of interesting. Not an amazing game by any means, but something I'd find more interesting to talk about. We're in no hurry to do that and I totally understand this not being a favorite episode of some people. It's not one of my favorites, either. But at least it's better than that Call of Duty episode we once did. Dave wanted to nab some of the modern gaming market and he chose a couple of FPS games to do it. I think it might still be our least viewed episode despite me cramming some retro stuff in there. I think we can nab an audience who ALSO enjoys some modern games as well as retro stuff by just talking about interesting games no matter the generation. Just because it isn't retro doesn't mean it isn't good. In fact I just got the Target Earth remake on the PS4 and it's pretty fun!
Well if and when you do another episode on wrestling throw in Rumble Rose for the LOLZ.

The fact that I had no idea you did a episode onCOD or FPS in general speaks to it being your least viewed. I thought I had seen every episode honestly.

I agree if you show fun games nearly any system and generation of gaming can be enjoyable. Heck I have based MUCH of my library on some of your recommendations.

majors

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 01/11/2016, 01:21 AM...it seems like there is a small but vocal contingent of people who dislike Game Sack but make it their mission to watch every episode just so that they can talk shit.
A view is a view, make 'dat YT moneyz, yo! "There is no such thing as bad publicity"

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/12/2016, 04:47 AMIn fact I just got the Target Earth remake on the PS4 and it's pretty fun!
TE one of my top 5 for Genny but alas, no PS4 for me currently.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

CGQuarterly

Quote from: majors on 01/12/2016, 12:12 PM
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 01/11/2016, 01:21 AM...it seems like there is a small but vocal contingent of people who dislike Game Sack but make it their mission to watch every episode just so that they can talk shit.
A view is a view, make 'dat YT moneyz, yo! "There is no such thing as bad publicity"
Negative comments on my videos used to get me down, but then my buddy (quoting a football player) told me "If they ain't talkin' shit, you ain't doin' shit."  That made me feel better.

geise

Hah.  That's actually a good quote and makes total sense.  Even if I don't like a show/review channel I won't go and talk shit in their comments.  I still never understand that.  I guess people need  to do it to make themselves feel better.

NightWolve

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 01/11/2016, 01:21 AMMaybe I'm just getting more sensitive to it because my channel has gotten big enough that I'm starting to get them myself, but it seems like there is a small but vocal contingent of people who dislike Game Sack but make it their mission to watch every episode just so that they can talk shit.
Yeah, Joe's definitely got twerp Nemesis Nintega types that are always just there ready to thumb the next video down and heckle him... It seemed like really sad/lame to me he felt he had to take some time in this video to have to tell people what they should already know, if you don't have the same tastes/likes in videogames with somebody else, that is not a declaration of war! How immature is the crowd he's having to deal with if you gotta cautiously preface your opinions in that manner every now and then ? ...

geise

Well...they are youtube commenters so...

NecroPhile

I don't expect much from youtube commenters (especially not if they're CoD or wrasslin' fans), but I suppose a view is a view.  Thanks for ad revenue, hatters!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/12/2016, 04:13 PMI don't expect much from youtube commenters (especially not if they're CoD or wrasslin' fans), but I suppose a view is a view.  Thanks for ad revenue, hatters!
Mad hatters!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

technozombie

Joe any chance you'll be going to the Retropalooza in Houston? I prefer to make my asinine comments to your face. aaaaaawwwww yyyeeeeeeaaah

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 01/12/2016, 09:51 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/12/2016, 04:47 AMJust because it isn't retro doesn't mean it isn't good.
Spot on!
Hey it's Game Sack, not Retro Game Sack. Review whatever the hell you want to review. Get Sacked!

Joe Redifer

Quote from: technozombie on 01/12/2016, 05:36 PMJoe any chance you'll be going to the Retropalooza in Houston? I prefer to make my asinine comments to your face. aaaaaawwwww yyyeeeeeeaaah
Ha ha, no. Unfortunately we won't be able to do any conventions this year.

technozombie

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/12/2016, 07:33 PM
Quote from: technozombie on 01/12/2016, 05:36 PMJoe any chance you'll be going to the Retropalooza in Houston? I prefer to make my asinine comments to your face. aaaaaawwwww yyyeeeeeeaaah
Ha ha, no. Unfortunately we won't be able to do any conventions this year.
Dang, I missed the last one in Arlington. Gamesack is the only panel that I would be interested in going to.

NightWolve

Quote from: geise on 01/12/2016, 03:26 PMWell...they are youtube commenters so...
Awww yeah, an oldie but goldie! Get ready for...Youtube Comment Fight!!!

majors

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/12/2016, 07:33 PMUnfortunately we won't be able to do any conventions this year.
This makes me sad. I do several cons and you guys(and gal) was the only panel or meet'n greet I ever gave a sack about.

IMG
TG/PCE Collection.

TR0N

IMG

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 01/17/2016, 03:45 AM
I have not watched this yet, but I love the category....so much more fun than simply entitling it "family-friendly"...

ClodBusted

Man Joe, you nailed the Crazy Taxi voice.
A friend of mine eventually managed to beat the challenge mode for CT1. I think the hardest part was doing a perfect bowling run.

Great episode, as always! And you made me curious about if the next episode will be really super brutal violent.

Enternal

I'm going to take a stab at the extremely violent games.

A Manhunt game
Postal
Deathrace

And Time Killers if they want to re-feature it.

BigusSchmuck

I'm very surprised you guys haven't done an ep on bad ass sounding Famicom games that weren't released here in the U.S.
Seriously, this is pretty good stuff. :)

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/21/2016, 10:17 PMI'm very surprised you guys haven't done an ep on bad ass sounding Famicom games that weren't released here in the U.S.
Seriously, this is pretty good stuff. :)
That is impressive.

ccovell

Considering Konami's FM prowess, and even their RPG soundtracks, I always felt Lagrange Point was a huge missed opportunity.

Too "Jazz Fusion" when it could have been something else.  Heck, Snatcher is the closest game thematically, and check out THAT awesome soundtrack.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: ccovell on 01/22/2016, 07:15 PMConsidering Konami's FM prowess, and even their RPG soundtracks, I always felt Lagrange Point was a huge missed opportunity.

Too "Jazz Fusion" when it could have been something else.  Heck, Snatcher is the closest game thematically, and check out THAT awesome soundtrack.
Right, but this is on the Famicom! I'm curious to what other enhanced sound carts are like for it.

ccovell

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/22/2016, 10:14 PMRight, but this is on the Famicom! I'm curious to what other enhanced sound carts are like for it.
Much better.

For example, Gimmick!, Akumajou Dracula, Madara, King of Kings, a bunch of FDS games.......
FM went to waste in this one example on the Famicom.

TR0N

IMG

ClodBusted

Hahaha, great you brought Postal² up. To me, this is the spiritual sequel to Duke Nukem 3D.
Joe, I bet your throat was hurting after this episode, wasn't it?

KnightWarrior

Great Episode

What are you guys going to do next?

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 01/24/2016, 11:30 PMGreat Episode

What are you guys going to do next?
Cartridges that have enhanced sound perhaps? *nudge nudge* :P

esadajr

to think rated M games are "watered down" products.
Gaming since 1985

NightWolve

So cats are only good for 9 shots when repurposed as a silencer, eh ? Good to know!

Bloufo

Just saw the post on their facebook page.

Hope your hiatus isn't of the eternal variety. :p

But yeah when you do come back, bi-weekly would seem the way to go.

ClodBusted

Weekly was awesome, but as I said somewhere in this thread before, bi-weekly is totally fine for me. Or monthly. Quality > Quantity. You do all this stuff voluntarily and thus sacrificing free time. I have the nothing but a lot of respect for your hard work. I'm sure the majority of your viewers do, too. But it's usually the hateful commentary that gets posted in the end, which is a shame.

However, the most important thing is that you and Dave are doing well.

majors

Dave and Joe decided to take a break from the release grind so they can party hard with Blue and Xel...lots of Colorado obey debauchery going to take place! Dave's vlog about beer is a tip off.
TG/PCE Collection.

seieienbu

Weekly was nice but if you can't keep it up don't stress it.  I much prefer things that I want to watch because they're good to things that I can watch a lot of because no effort went into it.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

xcrement5x

Quote from: majors on 01/27/2016, 07:57 AMDave and Joe decided to take a break from the release grind so they can party hard with Blue and Xel...lots of Colorado obey debauchery going to take place! Dave's vlog about beer is a tip off.
Marijuana is even "legal" here, lol.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

captain_n77

I saw there wasn't a new Sack episode up tonight and immediately came to this thread for answers! It took some time but I finally found the facebook post that was mentioned(when did FB get so stupid and not have activity in sequential order? Must admit I hardly use FB any more). Well of course I'm sad I won't be getting any weekly Sack, but it's most definitely a well-deserved break. I've often wondered how Joe keeps cranking these episodes out weekly, even with Dave doing his own capture footage these days.

I have also noticed Joe seems to take things pretty personally. You know what? I probably would too if I were in his shoes. My channel is TINY but even I get the occasional troll. I can imagine a big channel like Sack must get them by the truckload. Joe, if you read this, I just want to say thanks for all the good times you and your crew have given us. It's an awesome experience to watch Gamesack and the vast majority of us will still be around whenever you guys make your return. Heck, I'll even bet money you guys will have lots more subscribers when you return. Looking forward to more Sack and the opportunity to go back and re-watch some older episodes(like the Ys episode for the 10th time).
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"

Medic_wheat

I say passion projects need a break every now and again or you burn out.

NightWolve

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/31/2016, 11:18 AMI say passion projects need a break every now and again or you burn out.
Yes!

technozombie

Whenever your hobby becomes a chore it isn't fun anymore, and its time to step back and take a break. Joe, I think you should edit  some of your old clips together and make some compilations  For example, you often say we aren't covering X game because we already did. So you might end up with a video that has every RPG you have ever covered in one. It's something I'd like to see and it would be less work and still get a few ad dollars.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: technozombie on 01/31/2016, 01:14 PMWhenever your hobby becomes a chore it isn't fun anymore, and its time to step back and take a break. Joe, I think you should edit  some of your old clips together and make some compilations  For example, you often say we aren't covering X game because we already did. So you might end up with a video that has every RPG you have ever covered in one. It's something I'd like to see and it would be less work and still get a few ad dollars.
Plus you might be able to fix old audio or video issues and add different captured footage. Your editing has most likely improved over time and I bet some of your older videos (although I love them) to you as a content creator might make you crying and think man if only I could have changed this or added that.

That's right. Get all Georg Lucus on us!

Just please no Jar Jar.