RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: esadajr on 12/09/2016, 09:24 AMThat's awesome, like finding your old car.
They Guy never used it; he's a major collector too.  His entire house is filled with either games or Arcade machines in hoarder fashion.  He bought it as a backup and it sat in his closet for the entire time.  The guy has tons of AES games, big money carts just stacked.  The system still had all my old game saves, I doubt he played it.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/09/2016, 01:30 PM
Quote from: esadajr on 12/09/2016, 09:24 AMThat's awesome, like finding your old car.
They Guy never used it; he's a major collector too.  His entire house is filled with either games or Arcade machines in hoarder fashion.  He bought it as a backup and it sat in his closet for the entire time.  The guy has tons of AES games, big money carts just stacked.  The system still had all my old game saves, I doubt he played it.
That's a cool story. However doesn't that kind of bother you that someone just hordes stuff and never used it?  I know it would bother me a little bit. What's the point in having so much stuff if you never take the time to enjoy any of it?

Granted you said in this case it was a back up. So maybe the system he uses daily works fine and he never needed the back up to start.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/09/2016, 01:39 PM
That's a cool story. However doesn't that kind of bother you that someone just hordes stuff and never used it?  I know it would bother me a little bit. What's the point in having so much stuff if you never take the time to enjoy any of it?

Granted you said in this case it was a back up. So maybe the system he uses daily works fine and he never needed the back up to start.
He has all 8-16-32 bit machines hooked up to various crts and arcade machines in either working or parts so he's very much entrenched in the hobby.  The guy plays and yes his neo geo collection was bought at the time it came out, so it's simply an accumulation.  The guys happy and who am I to judge?
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/09/2016, 07:01 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/09/2016, 01:39 PM

He has all 8-16-32 bit machines hooked up to various crts and arcade machines in either working or parts so he's very much entrenched in the hobby.  The guy plays and yes his neo geo collection was bought at the time it came out, so it's simply an accumulation.  The guys happy and who am I to judge?
It's the internet we MUST a judge other without knowing them.

It's like the law.

Bloufo

A Composite/S-Video switch box.

IMG

IMG

A few D-VHS movies,

IMG

A few parts for my CED player.

Stylus cartridge, "3rd reduction gear", and a drive belt.

IMG

That little plastic gear is meant to replace my old one which has a couple broken off spokes.

IMG

IMG

Bioshock LP,

IMG

IMG

Picked up one of these on the cheap,

IMG

IMG

Found a loose GG Halley Wars cart. It was full of grime and whatever else. Cleaned it up good. Works fine now.

IMG

Gaming related cables,

IMG

IMG

Sweet Home for the Famicom.

Gonna grab the translation patch for this and pop it in the Retron 5.

IMG

xcrement5x

Official GCN component cables, damn.  Those are insanely priced now.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

Wow D VHS.

I have toyed with the idea of getting one of the players. But he price just doesn't make sense to collect for

Bloufo

Quote from: guest on 12/10/2016, 01:09 PMOfficial GCN component cables, damn.  Those are insanely priced now.
Locally, for your equivalent of about $20.
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/10/2016, 01:40 PMWow D VHS.

I have toyed with the idea of getting one of the players. But he price just doesn't make sense to collect for.
Keep an eye out on evilbay. One will pop up that should be "affordable". Most probably the JVC HM-DH30000U model. That's the one I have.

bob

I am keeping an eye out for that GC component cable as well.  nice score.

The flea market got me for $100 today.

dotsandloops.com/games/DSCN5111.JPG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Bloufo on 12/10/2016, 02:04 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/10/2016, 01:09 PMOfficial GCN component cables, damn.  Those are insanely priced now.
Locally, for your equivalent of about $20.
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/10/2016, 01:40 PMWow D VHS.

I have toyed with the idea of getting one of the players. But he price just doesn't make sense to collect for.
Keep an eye out on evilbay. One will pop up that should be "affordable". Most probably the JVC HM-DH30000U model. That's the one I have.
These things are awesome.

Picked up a JVC HM-DH5U HDMI model for $5 at a Salvation Army a while back. Was looking for years. :3
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: gynt on 12/10/2016, 03:34 PMI am keeping an eye out for that GC component cable as well.  nice score.

/games/DSCN5111.JPG[/img]
This might be more me not knowing prices but what in that lot pushed it to $100?

bob

well, I paid 40 for Vanguard Bandits and 15 for Strikers 1945.  All the others were 5 each.
I have built a pretty good relationship with the guy over the last couple years.  To the point now where he picks up lots and holds them until I see them before he puts them out.  His asking prices are always lower than ebay, so I never really need to haggle him.

Bloufo

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 12/10/2016, 08:14 PMPicked up a JVC HM-DH5U HDMI model for $5 at a Salvation Army a while back. Was looking for years. :3
Nice!

Mine is the "entry level" player. The JVC HM-DH5U is a higher-end model. Your player has alternate audio track capabilities. For example: it can also do DTS with those D-Theater tapes that support it. Mine is "only" Dolby Digital compatible. That difference is a matter of taste, but at least you have the choice.

Gypsy

Quote from: gynt on 12/10/2016, 03:34 PMI am keeping an eye out for that GC component cable as well.  nice score.

dotsandloops.com/games/DSCN5111.JPG
Nice. I love Vanguard Bandits. To irrational levels really.

cr8zykuban0

know i haven't posted here in a while. just wanted to show some cool stuff i recently picked up. hoping to be posting more often here.

IMG
IMG
IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Bloufo on 12/10/2016, 10:02 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 12/10/2016, 08:14 PMPicked up a JVC HM-DH5U HDMI model for $5 at a Salvation Army a while back. Was looking for years. :3
Nice!

Mine is the "entry level" player. The JVC HM-DH5U is a higher-end model. Your player has alternate audio track capabilities. For example: it can also do DTS with those D-Theater tapes that support it. Mine is "only" Dolby Digital compatible. That difference is a matter of taste, but at least you have the choice.
That sounds hot, will have to monkey with it sometime, don't have any dvhs movies atm. Just been playing standard vhs tapes here and there. lol
IMG

Bloufo

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 12/11/2016, 01:39 AM
Nice!

That sounds hot, will have to monkey with it sometime, don't have any dvhs movies atm. Just been playing standard vhs tapes here and there. lol
Oh you'll definitely get a kick out of seeing 720p/1080i coming from a videotape cassette. haha

LostFlunky

Quote from: Bloufo on 12/10/2016, 05:46 AMPicked up one of these on the cheap,

IMG
Please don't play any decent records on that Crosley...

Bloufo

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 12/11/2016, 09:44 AM

IMG
Dang, you can't escape it. lol
Is there any place where these don't get a bad rep? :P

So they'll damage the records, yeah?

LostFlunky

Quote from: Bloufo on 12/11/2016, 09:59 AM

They will, plus they don't sound very good... It would be fine for scratched up thrift store records.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 12/11/2016, 10:17 AM
Quote from: Bloufo on 12/11/2016, 09:59 AM

They will, plus they don't sound very good... It would be fine for scratched up thrift store records.
Those record "players" make me want to vomit.

At least good vintage stuff is still easy to find even on a budget. And I h we Japan still makes more modern quality players at a higher price point.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Bloufo on 12/11/2016, 02:21 AM
Nice!

Oh you'll definitely get a kick out of seeing 720p/1080i coming from a videotape cassette. haha
When researching the player after I got it I came across a video from Techmoan on youtube. I was just like "What?" Really don't recall ever seeing DVHS anywhere BITD when they were available.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 12/11/2016, 08:59 PM
Nice!

When researching the player after I got it I came across a video from Techmoan on youtube. I was just like "What?" Really don't recall ever seeing DVHS anywhere BITD when they were available.
That's the same youtuber where I first heard of these type of players. I honestly never knew they existed until recently.

Bloufo

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/11/2016, 06:25 PMThose record "players" make me want to vomit.

At least good vintage stuff is still easy to find even on a budget. And I h we Japan still makes more modern quality players at a higher price point.
I just noticed that it doesn't play any of the 45s I have right to the end. It kinda grinds to a stop three quarters of the way in. lol

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/11/2016, 09:30 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 12/11/2016, 08:59 PM
Nice!

That's the same youtuber where I first heard of these type of players. I honestly never knew they existed until recently.
He's definitely fun to watch and listen to. I've learned about so many random gizmos from him. lol
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: gynt on 12/10/2016, 09:42 PMwell, I paid 40 for Vanguard Bandits and 15 for Strikers 1945.  All the others were 5 each.
I have built a pretty good relationship with the guy over the last couple years.  To the point now where he picks up lots and holds them until I see them before he puts them out.  His asking prices are always lower than ebay, so I never really need to haggle him. 
What color is the mech on the disc for Vanguard Bandits if you don't mind me asking?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bob

Quote from: guest on 12/12/2016, 11:37 AM
Quote from: gynt on 12/10/2016, 09:42 PMwell, I paid 40 for Vanguard Bandits and 15 for Strikers 1945.  All the others were 5 each.
What color is the mech on the disc for Vanguard Bandits if you don't mind me asking?
i have lots of paints and markers.  what color would you like it to be?  i can make it happen.

xcrement5x

Quote from: gynt on 12/12/2016, 12:34 PM
i have lots of paints and markers.  what color would you like it to be?  i can make it happen.
Lol, well Vic did variants on VB when he printed it.  There is a variant with a white mech and another with a yellow mech that are known.  They yellow one is pretty uncommon compared to the white mech one. 

Medic_wheat

Quote from: gynt on 12/12/2016, 12:34 PM
That made my day.

I vote blue

NightWolve

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/30/2016, 07:10 AM
Quote from: guest on 11/29/2016, 09:33 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 11/28/2016, 07:57 PMTechnically, I bought it from Microcenter, and used a print-out of Walmart's $297 price to get a price match. They had it for $299.99, so I saved $3 bucks.
Heh, nice.  I bet the salesclerk gave you a goofy look, but three bucks is three bucks.  :mrgreen:
It's nearly a 1% discount!
I told the MicroCenter clerk who helped me, and he printed it out right quick - no biggie. You could also just show a better deal on your phone from a retailer website to get a price match.

gheebee

Quote from: gheebee on 12/06/2016, 11:30 PMBeen watching the release date for the Wii U game get further and further away on Amazon over the past few months but I'm glad to see that the 12/20 date appears to be official. Never played any of these but it looks like fun and I'm looking forward to it.
Guess I spoke too soon, Amazon has already changed 12/20 to 12/27... :/

TR0N

Quote from: gheebee on 12/14/2016, 07:42 PM
Quote from: gheebee on 12/06/2016, 11:30 PMBeen watching the release date for the Wii U game get further and further away on Amazon over the past few months but I'm glad to see that the 12/20 date appears to be official. Never played any of these but it looks like fun and I'm looking forward to it.
Guess I spoke too soon, Amazon has already changed 12/20 to 12/27... :/
That is annoying,PS4&Vita version are set for the 20th while the wii-u version got pushed back for the 27th.I was watching gamexplain quick look of it.People who back it's kickstarter have the game all ready.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

Weren't Amazon prime member suppose to get the games cheaper when preordered?  Seems to be at the regular MSRP

bartre

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/15/2016, 08:46 AMWeren't Amazon prime member suppose to get the games cheaper when preordered?  Seems to be at the regular MSRP
there should be a note below the list price that says "your price at checkout is...."
should be $24

Gypsy

Quote from: bartre on 12/15/2016, 10:12 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/15/2016, 08:46 AMWeren't Amazon prime member suppose to get the games cheaper when preordered?  Seems to be at the regular MSRP
there should be a note below the list price that says "your price at checkout is...."
should be $24
I can confirm this. I ordered the game from Amazon and it was $24 before tax.

xcrement5x

I just got three additional Zero Time Dilemma watches in the mail for absolutely no cost.  Huzzah.

bartre

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2016, 03:24 PMI just got three additional Zero Time Dilemma watches in the mail for absolutely no cost.  Huzzah.
nice!
how's the quality on those ones?

Gypsy

This crap virus is going away now, at least enough for me to check my mail.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401238325926?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This was there and it does in fact work. I went ahead and reimbursed the seller for shipping.

esteban

Quote from: Gypsy on 12/16/2016, 02:01 PMThis crap virus is going away now, at least enough for me to check my mail.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401238325926?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This was there and it does in fact work. I went ahead and reimbursed the seller for shipping.
RANDOM TRIVIA: That item is shipping from Little Falls, which I know well. It's not far from me.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

gheebee

Picked up used copies of Ghost Squad and Redneck Jamboree for $0.99 each at Gamestop today. Already had Ghost Squad but picked it up because I remember the animations between the levels lagging a bit and always figured it was because my disc was pretty scratched up, but when I got home I realized that the game that did this was Target Terror and not Ghost Squad... :/

bob

Quote from: gheebee on 12/18/2016, 06:52 PMPicked up used copies of Ghost Squad and Redneck Jamboree for $0.99 each at Gamestop today. Already had Ghost Squad but picked it up because I remember the animations between the levels lagging a bit and always figured it was because my disc was pretty scratched up, but when I got home I realized that the game that did this was Target Terror and not Ghost Squad... :/
ghost squad is terrific.  such a good time for how cheap it is everywhere.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: gheebee on 12/18/2016, 06:52 PMPicked up used copies of Ghost Squad and Redneck Jamboree for $0.99 each at Gamestop today. Already had Ghost Squad but picked it up because I remember the animations between the levels lagging a bit and always figured it was because my disc was pretty scratched up, but when I got home I realized that the game that did this was Target Terror and not Ghost Squad... :/
So what I hear you saying is you have an extra copy of ghost squad.

gheebee

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/18/2016, 08:26 PMSo what I hear you saying is you have an extra copy of ghost squad.
Yeah, for now. Really wish this had been the game I was thinking of when I bought it!

bob

Quote from: gheebee on 12/19/2016, 12:06 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/18/2016, 08:26 PMSo what I hear you saying is you have an extra copy of ghost squad.
Yeah, for now. Really wish this had been the game I was thinking of when I bought it!
.99 would have been a steal for target terror.

Bloufo

Managed to get me one of these. The build quality is fantastic. The microswitch stick is ace!

I got it mainly for use with the VC games on the Wii/Wii U. I'll also use it on my original NES via the 8bitdo receiver syncing with the Wii remote.

Apparently, Pat the NES Punk "reviewed" it quite negatively, based on the fact that it doesn't work with the NES mini right out the box (without an adapter).

Fair enough, but that doesn't mean it's not a quality product.

IMG

IMG

Managed as well to source one of those "Classic Edition Adapter" for use with the NES mini.

i63.tinypic.com/t5hfgx.jpg

Warbucks

I finally picked up Bubble Bobble 2 this past weekend.

IMG

IMG

schweaty

BF purchase from LRG finally showed up today

IMG

Gypsy

Sony KD-34XBR960

Very nice tv!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 12/19/2016, 08:02 PMSony KD-34XBR960

Very nice tv!
I have been on the hunt for that model tv. The hunt continues.

Gypsy

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/19/2016, 08:07 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 12/19/2016, 08:02 PMSony KD-34XBR960

Very nice tv!
I have been on the hunt for that model tv. The hunt continues.
You will not be disappointed. Quality is very good. I paid $20.