The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightWolve

Today's mail delivered the SNES30 GamePad from 8Bitdo ( http://8bitdo.com/snes30/ ) directly from China - Should complement Shovel Knight nicely! :) Has to be booted in Bluetooth keyboard mode for maximum compatibility, then likely can be used for any game on your PC, including retro DOS ones.

IMG

Groover

IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/17/2016, 10:38 PMToday's mail delivered the SNES30 GamePad from 8Bitdo ( http://8bitdo.com/snes30/ ) directly from China - Should complement Shovel Knight nicely! :) Has to be booted in Bluetooth keyboard mode for maximum compatibility, then likely can be used for any game on your PC, including retro DOS ones.

https://s5.postimg.cc/iagfs3c2v/8_BITDO_SNES30.jpg
Great news on this order: It properly boots in Bluetooth keyboard mode, I played about 2 levels of Shovel Knight today. Very important to verify this after charging it out of the box, as the one I bought from MicroCenter just didn't work properly, only in joystick mode. Definitely I had some kind of defect, but this one from eBay is rock solid and I'm very pleased with the purchase! It's a great SNES knock-off, very close in feel and weight to an original SNES pad ($25 with S/H). More thoughts/discussion here on my FB.

nectarsis

One of the best nerd weeks yet...and damn solid deals on most (was lucky to even get the Transformers steelbook)

/29154217004_a25a4a5bf1_z.jpg

One of my coolest hauls EVER...400+ Milwaukee County Historical Society letters/magazines/newsletters dating all the way back to 1941 2 stuffed boxes for $90

/29669609882_62a4e5a5f1_z.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Gypsy

I recall saying in another thread that I passed on Batsugun for some other games. But then, I dumped off some doubles and said screw it and ordered it anyway. Showed up today.

IMG

DQ187

^^^Nice pick up Gypsy! I really like Batsugun!

Picked up a couple game on friday! :) been glued to DQVII so i havnt popped in Leynos yet but maybe i will this evening!

IMG

Gypsy

Yeah I really enjoyed it. I look forward to trying out the extra mode since it loops. I'm probably going to be the last one here to get DQVII, as Amazon has been lazy about shipping it.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gypsy

Interested to hear what you think of the retrofreak, a friend of mine had his break down within 2 months of what I would call normal use.

Dicer

Got this lil gem of a receiver today...
IMG
Sounds crystal clear and it's in tip-top shape for it's age.

TR0N

Quote from: Gypsy on 09/21/2016, 08:40 AMInterested to hear what you think of the retrofreak, a friend of mine had his break down within 2 months of what I would call normal use.
Most of what i've heard it over heats so i don't know if that's true or not.So far it runs fine and it even plays the hucard reproductions i have.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Dicer on 09/21/2016, 03:45 PMGot this lil gem of a receiver today...
IMG
Nice about a month or so ago I picked up a big ass Pioneer stereo receiver at a thrift. It's now in use with a basement PVM setup I have.
--DragonmasterDan

Dicer

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 09/21/2016, 04:12 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 09/21/2016, 03:45 PMGot this lil gem of a receiver today...
IMG
Nice about a month or so ago I picked up a big ass Pioneer stereo receiver at a thrift. It's now in use with a basement PVM setup I have.
My current unit was having issues, and I've been crawling the thrifts and CL and stuff and this popped up for a song, so I grabbed it...literally 0.04% distortion which is less than my hairy old man ears can hear. It's not a tube amp or anything, but for such a random old unit, it sounds so damn nice. Very happy to have it. Now to re-belt or replace my turntable and be a true hipster lol.

NightWolve

From MicroCenter. Never pay full price, go for the open box returned specials! #cheapbastard

IMG

A much needed video card upgrade to make 1080p my desktop standard, run most games, and allow for 4K video viewing eventually if I can also upgrade the old CPU.

Gypsy

Nice on the receiver. I actually picked up a Technics receiver (sa-gx350) today at a thrift store for $5. Going to a friend for free most likely (provided it will suit his needs).

xcrement5x

IMG

Got some stuff signed recently at NDK! At top is the Macross Plus International Version Volume 1 LaserDisc which was signed by Shinichiro Wantanabe who worked on the OVA. He also directed a little anime you might have heard of called Cowboy Bebop.  He worked on that along with Dai Sato, so those are the signatures on the poster below.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Bloufo

No more trying to locate working Game Gear units.  :P

IMG

Medic_wheat

Woah hay wait. Would that game gear converter work on a real Genesis?

Sparky

Quote from: Dicer on 09/21/2016, 04:17 PMMy current unit was having issues, and I've been crawling the thrifts and CL and stuff and this popped up for a song, so I grabbed it...literally 0.04% distortion which is less than my hairy old man ears can hear. It's not a tube amp or anything, but for such a random old unit, it sounds so damn nice. Very happy to have it. Now to re-belt or replace my turntable and be a true hipster lol.
Nice Dicer! I love how the old units light up. Sexy!

ToyMachine78

Picked these up this weekend... Can't wait to get them out in the woods:

IMG
IMG

esadajr

Quote from: Gypsy on 09/15/2016, 04:22 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 09/11/2016, 07:04 AMAh yes the pain. I'm currently in wait mode as well. For Saturn goodies mostly. It had been awhile since I got anything good for Saturn, and it kinda just worked out that I bought some stuff, and managed a nice trade for some Saturn imports as well. Good times ahead.
Maybe not on part of it. Seller still hasn't shipped a week since the order so I'll probably have to just have the order canceled any move on to other sellers. Meh. In the meantime, I should at least have 3 solid Saturn imports in my clutches by Monday. Win some lose some I suppose.

Quote from: esadajr on 09/15/2016, 11:09 AMSweet! thanks!
You will enjoy it I reckon. It's a lot of fun.
Just got it, will play it tonight.

/w1227-h920-no
Gaming since 1985

xcrement5x

Recent pickup, finally entering the new generation of consoles!  Got a heck of a deal from a gent on another forum who happened to be in Denver so I met up with him on Saturday and got it from him.

IMG

Uncharted 4 Special Edition Playstation 4
Upgraded 2TB Internal Hard Drive
All paperwork and box in excellent condition
Playstation 4 Stand

Plus 14 games :D

Alien Isolation
Bloodborne
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Destiny
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
God of War III Remastered
Killzone: Shadow Fall
The King of Fighters XIV
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Metro Redux
Shadow of Modor GOTY Edition
Street Fighter V
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gypsy

Quote from: esadajr on 09/26/2016, 01:45 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 09/15/2016, 04:22 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 09/11/2016, 07:04 AMAh yes the pain. I'm currently in wait mode as well. For Saturn goodies mostly. It had been awhile since I got anything good for Saturn, and it kinda just worked out that I bought some stuff, and managed a nice trade for some Saturn imports as well. Good times ahead.
Maybe not on part of it. Seller still hasn't shipped a week since the order so I'll probably have to just have the order canceled any move on to other sellers. Meh. In the meantime, I should at least have 3 solid Saturn imports in my clutches by Monday. Win some lose some I suppose.

Quote from: esadajr on 09/15/2016, 11:09 AMSweet! thanks!
You will enjoy it I reckon. It's a lot of fun.
Just got it, will play it tonight.

/w1227-h920-no
I really like three of the four tables on it, but I have a clear favourite overall. Still waiting on DP Necronomicon in the mail. The "Dreamlands" table on that one looks completely mind blowing.

jtucci31

Sweet xele. Add me on PSN! I just picked up MGS 1-4 so that I can build my way up to Phantom Pain

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 09/26/2016, 06:26 PMI just picked up MGS 1-4 so that I can build my way up to Phantom Pain
Ah nice, I'd also like to do a start-to-finish playthrough of all of them in one sitting.

I haven't even unwrapped "MGS:3 Snake Eater" yet. I was talking to a random clerk at a local Game Stop and the MGS series got brought up, he emphasized that 3 was a great game - I myself stopped at MGS 2 before my long-term gaming backlog set in... From rabbit, beating a game every weekend, to turtle, beating a game a year or years apart/whatever... Almost broke my PS2 also when I couldn't find the lithium battery to change, had to do plenty of soldering work for the input port, heh.

Do have a question, I stuck with PS3 purchases up to V, but how much better is the PS4 version of V/Phantom Pain ?

jtucci31

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/26/2016, 06:40 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/26/2016, 06:26 PMI just picked up MGS 1-4 so that I can build my way up to Phantom Pain
Ah nice, I'd also like to do a start-to-finish playthrough of all of them in one sitting.

I haven't even unwrapped "MGS:3 Snake Eater" yet. I was talking to a random clerk at a local Game Stop and the MGS series got brought up, he emphasized that 3 was a great game - I myself stopped at MGS 2 before my long-term gaming backlog set in... From rabbit, beating a game every weekend, to turtle, beating a game a year or years apart/whatever... Almost broke my PS2 also when I couldn't find the lithium battery to change, had to do plenty of soldering work for the input port, heh.

Do have a question, I stuck with PS3 purchases up to V, but how much better is the PS4 version of V/Phantom Pain ?
I'd like to know that. I have every PS console except 3 funny enough, but I bought MGS 4 because it was $4. Not sure if playing all of these will get done anytime soon, but I figure it's time I finally play the damn series and see what's up

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/26/2016, 06:40 PM

Snake Eater is my favorite game in the series. I own Phantom Pain for PS3 but haven't gotten around to playing it.

I highly recommend playing through Snake Eater, though I'm not sure if the subsistence updates that fix the wonky camera and what not are present in the HD remake.
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

Sad thing is I have only ever played through the original MGS and not the sequels despite having most of them. 

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: guest on 09/27/2016, 03:04 PMSad thing is I have only ever played through the original MGS and not the sequels despite having most of them.
You're not missing much. The original was by far the best. MGS2 was too weird in some parts, and the blonde chic kid you play is no Snake. MGS3 was better than 2, but still doesn't come close to 1. Never played 4 or 5.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 09/27/2016, 05:44 PMYou're not missing much. The original was by far the best. MGS2 was too weird in some parts, and the blonde chic kid you play is no Snake. MGS3 was better than 2, but still doesn't come close to 1. Never played 4 or 5.
3>1>4>2
--DragonmasterDan

Gypsy

MGS 3 is really fun.

Also it has a James Bond intro song in it:

780racer

I am technically 24 hours late, but I think it still counts! A Used (But new to me) 2012 Taurus SHO!

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

NightWolve

Hm, I like it, and we don't usually see cars posted in here, so good sudden purchased product variety! :)

780racer

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/28/2016, 07:19 PMHm, I like it, and we don't usually see cars posted in here, so good sudden purchased product variety! :)
Thanks man,

I figured its kind of a big purchase, so why not? lol

esteban

Quote from: 780racer on 09/28/2016, 07:25 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 09/28/2016, 07:19 PMHm, I like it, and we don't usually see cars posted in here, so good sudden purchased product variety! :)
Thanks man,

I figured its kind of a big purchase, so why not? lol
You can also revive the "what car do you drive" thread...post the same photos :)

Other folks may be inspired, too.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gredler

I have a limited 2013 and love it. I wanted a shot but could not afford  onr. Bad ass man congrats!

Gypsy

IMG

Had a nice trade on another forum that came in today. I actually still had some of the movies in this set on VHS.  :lol:

Bloufo

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/22/2016, 10:24 AMWoah hay wait. Would that game gear converter work on a real Genesis?
I'll let you know once I get my GG stuff out of storage. :lol:

I did have a Mark III cart laying around, though. It works fine on real hardware.

IMG

esadajr

Satān Bonbāman FTW!

I still think Bomberman 94 is numero uno.
Gaming since 1985

esteban

Quote from: esadajr on 10/04/2016, 02:12 PMSatān Bonbāman FTW!

'93 and '94 are both lots of fun :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: esadajr on 10/04/2016, 02:12 PMSatān Bonbāman FTW!

It's so good. Still need to grab 94 at some point. 93 is also quite good.

Free fiddy via a CL posting
IMG

Picked this up cheap-ish. Will really need to get the ABT 102 card for it. Been very pleased with how the 30 performs with that card and this is the same thing minus some inputs. Mostly got it to get RGB with an HD CRT I'm using, then I'll compare how that looks vs a monitor with BNC inputs. It was actually cheaper than a good RGB to YUV transcoder and has more uses so yeah I just couldn't pass it up.
IMG

Flare65

IMG

Finally got my hands on an Everdrive.  Thanks to Jtucci31 for helping me set it up. 

Still buying Vita games...

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Flare65 on 10/07/2016, 02:17 PMIMG

Finally got my hands on an Everdrive.  Thanks to Jtucci31 for helping me set it up. 

Still buying Vita games...
Big fan of Vita. Have slowed my roll on picking up games as of late. Need to as I see some going for $14 and below.

Care to make a top 10 hidden gem recommendations? 

Must be exclusive to vita not a port available on other platforms. Or a vita game which was later ported to home systems. Looking at you Gravity Rush.

NecroPhile

Nice Vita gets, Flare.  Every game library needs more tittehs.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Flare65

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/07/2016, 02:41 PMBig fan of Vita. Have slowed my roll on picking up games as of late. Need to as I see some going for $14 and below.

Care to make a top 10 hidden gem recommendations? 

Must be exclusive to vita not a port available on other platforms. Or a vita game which was later ported to home systems. Looking at you Gravity Rush.
Look up Metal Jesus on youtube.  He has some vids on hidden gems for the vita and there is a great community over at The Vita Lounge .com that has a lot of forum threads on the best games for the system.

You can also do a youtube search for Latestvitagames as he posts often showing off new and upcoming releases.

Flare65

Quote from: guest on 10/07/2016, 03:07 PMNice Vita gets, Flare.  Every game library needs more tittehs.  :mrgreen:
Yeah!  =)   I liked the Senran Kagura games for the system so when they annouced that VD was made by the same guy/team, I preordered it from the UK.  Wish I waited as the basic game was all I wanted.  I also got taken to the cleaners over the shipping.  Game is a lot of fun though.

Gypsy

Got a nice package today, a scart to bnc cable from mickcris. Now I can have my Saturn and PCE hooked up w/ RGB at the same time.
IMG

Gypsy

Picked up a KV-34HS420 for free today on CL. Provided it works (need to summon up the strength to move this effer again, guy said it did, but y'all know how that goes) I will be putting it to work right away.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: 780racer on 09/28/2016, 07:03 PMI am technically 24 hours late, but I think it still counts! A Used (But new to me) 2012 Taurus SHO!

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Great car, you can make a lot of power with those especially with E85
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

TheClash603

Quote from: Flare65 on 10/07/2016, 04:16 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/07/2016, 03:07 PMNice Vita gets, Flare.  Every game library needs more tittehs.  :mrgreen:
Yeah!  =)   I liked the Senran Kagura games for the system so when they annouced that VD was made by the same guy/team, I preordered it from the UK.  Wish I waited as the basic game was all I wanted.  I also got taken to the cleaners over the shipping.  Game is a lot of fun though.
I could've sworn VD was made by a few guys on this forum, no need to go all the way to the UK for that.