10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildfruit

Nice £6 lot. A complete steal for Gunhed. Ganbare golf boys seems OK but I'm sucking at it. The POS in the middle will be raffled.

IMG

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 06/30/2016, 01:53 PMNice £6 lot. A complete steal for Gunhed. Ganbare golf boys seems OK but I'm sucking at it. The POS in the middle will be raffled.
IMG
HOW DARE YOU!

And to think that you were the only pcefxer I would have given my life to save....

The Kung Fu is so utterly fantastic*

* see disclaimer in the @onlyraffle thread
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

wildfruit

esteban

wilykat

Bought this a while ago from Japan, they arrived today:
IMG
one controller was listed as flaky, replaced the internal with spare from "part" controller I kept around and now I have 4 working controllers plus a mouse.  (8 total controllers... where did I put my 5 players adapter?)

Gypsy

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 06/28/2016, 08:56 PMZone of the Enders (LOVING this one!)
The first one is solid if short. Just wait until you play the 2nd though. Still one of my favourite PS2 games.

Flare65

IMG

Eliminate Down and Megaman are repros from AliExpress.  Kirby is a fun game despite looking like a game for young kids - very bright and colorful.  The psp games I found used at a pawnshop.

IMG

Half of these I got in trades.  Oddworld was from Limited Run Games.  Finally gave in and bought Darius & Dead or Alive from Play Asia since the used copies I found were priced just as much as the new copies.

IMG

The Gameboy SP is a russian made clone system from Aliexpress.  Build quality is just as nice as an official Nintendo SP.  The screen is just as bright, if not brighter than the AGS-101.  I also got it new for a fraction of the price of a used AGS-101 system.  Only downside is that the battery is not removable unless you open the system up and it charges through a usb cable.  No big deal as I use the ac adapter on my Samsung phone to charge it.  Highly recommend it.  It also came with a 999 in 1 game cart.  About 50 GBA roms on, the rest are a mix of NES and chinese home brew games with a lot of duplicates titles.

TheClash603

I keep waiting for Toys R Us to do B2G1 deal so I can pick up Kirby.  Since Nintendo games seldom go on sale, that's how I get all of my fringe wants.

ClodBusted

Enternal

Some recent game pickups, and goodwill pickups that I will cycle into games.

IMG

Ivy the Kiwi was a 35 BIN. The price on this game is soaring, I've had an open backorder of 4.99 for the game @ gamestop for 8 months now. I expect them to raise the price on this game and then finally have copies "appear" in their inventory just so can cancel my order around that time.

Paid 28.01 for these at goodwill. My friend got a bag of 8 as well for 20.26. I knew they had value, but didn't realize how expensive some of these get.

IMG
IMG

All of mine except for the Lucy Ghostbuster was complete (missing stand)

IMG

My friend had Duke in his bag, he couldn't find the gun and I suggested maybe it was in the suitcase.... and it was  =D>

IMG

The maid's are from Queen's Blade and you can change parts of their outfit upstairs and downstairs  :shock:

IMG

I also had the milk parts to this rabbit girl from the same Queen's Blade toys... you can guess where the milk shoots from  :lol:

Pro Tip: Do you have too many hot babes knocking at your house, just put one of these near your front door and those women pests will be no more.

IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Enternal on 07/02/2016, 02:37 PMThe maid's are from Queen's Blade and you can change parts of their outfit upstairs and downstairs  :shock:
IMG
Now where have I seen those guys before ?? Can't quite place them but they definitely seem familiar...  :-k

Enternal

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/02/2016, 04:21 PM
Quote from: Enternal on 07/02/2016, 02:37 PMThe maid's are from Queen's Blade and you can change parts of their outfit upstairs and downstairs  :shock:
IMG
Now where have I seen those guys before ?? Can't quite place them but they definitely seem familiar...  :-k
You can find them under any woman's shirt :)

Mathius

Psycho Punch

Can you change the duke togo figurine's clothes too? Asking for a friend.
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 07/02/2016, 02:30 PMB2G1? Buy 2, get 1?
Toys R Us will do buy 2 get 1 free or buy 1 get 40% off pretty often on 3DS, thas when I grab a few.

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/03/2016, 05:17 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/02/2016, 02:30 PMB2G1? Buy 2, get 1?
Toys R Us will do buy 2 get 1 free or buy 1 get 40% off pretty often on 3DS, thas when I grab a few.
Since I rarely buy 3DS stuff, I didn't know this. This actually might help me in my next purchase.

Pokemon for the kids, Face Racers: Photo Finish for dad...

Enternal

Quote from: guest on 07/02/2016, 09:21 PMCan you change the duke togo figurine's clothes too? Asking for a friend.
Unfortunately his clothes weren't made to come off... at least by my hands. However, your.....friend may enjoy this with the lights off.

dingsbums

Games of the last couple of months  :D.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Medic_wheat

Battle mania or trouble shooters sure has gotten expensive for the import copy. The JP only sequel is even worse.

What GBA game was those two with the star?  I asunder the one with a 3 is the third game lol.

dingsbums

Thank god I have the 2nd Battle Mania already (Korean version though) - I thankfully got it when it was way cheaper  :dance:.

I'm really on a GBA kick lately - to me the GBA is the successor to the SNES.
The games with the stars are Densetsu no Stafy 1 + 3 (missed the 2nd part  :( ). Really nice 2D platformers.
Video of the first one:

Medic_wheat

Quote from: dingsbums on 07/04/2016, 07:13 AMThank god I have the 2nd Battle Mania already (Korean version though) - I thankfully got it when it was way cheaper  :dance:.

I'm really on a GBA kick lately - to me the GBA is the successor to the SNES.
The games with the stars are Densetsu no Stafy 1 + 3 (missed the 2nd part  :( ). Really nice 2D platformers.
Video of the first one:
Nice. I thought the GBA was considered a 32 but system though.

dingsbums

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/04/2016, 10:36 AMNice. I thought the GBA was considered a 32 but system though.
I didn't mean it in technical way - more like a lot of sequels, ports & 2D games that could have been released on the SNES also.

cr8zykuban0

new pickups! finally trying out some ys games. kinda late to the party but better late than never. also got 2 items i've been wanting for a great price! arcade card duo with slightly damaged manual for $45 and another cd controller for $35.

IMG

esadajr

Not much going on, the high note off course being the Harmony cart. Tons of Atari fun.

/w1645-h926-no

Had to get a balance disc to aid with my knee rehab and got some cheapie DVDs in order to get the free shipping.

The IDE to CF converter will be used on a Win95 project.
Gaming since 1985

Digi.k

a small BVM for the pce set up

/68cc43c8-5a17-443a-9e83-f1057ab48927.jpg

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Digi.k on 07/04/2016, 08:07 PMa small BVM for the pce set up
/68cc43c8-5a17-443a-9e83-f1057ab48927.jpg
So which is considered "best". The PVM or BVM?

Digi.k

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/04/2016, 09:29 PMSo which is considered "best". The PVM or BVM?
Sadly I don't have a pvm to compare so I cannot answer your question.  I just went for this because it was affordable for me and I didn't need to order any surplus cables and connections so I was able to continue using my existing stuff.
IMG
IMG

now I just gotta tweak it here and there

IMG
IMG

Groover

Congrats on the BVM. I have been on the look out for a PVM or BVM. To the question which is better BVM is but they are harder to find and more expensive.
I did just recently Buy a Famciom Disk System. I was happy to find out that the Disks I bought prior all work. Also the FDS Stick works for the most part.

IMG
IMG

Mathius

NightWolve

Quote from: Digi.k on 07/05/2016, 08:10 AMIMG
NOTHING but the BEST, sexy, over-priced MONSTER CABLES for ALL your needs!!!!!!!

xcrement5x

Happy days are here:

IMG
Sega Mega Modem and Mega Answer Ten Key Pad!

So after I managed to snag the Mega CD Karaoke unit awhile back, I figured I might as well go full bore crazy when it comes to the MegaDrive accessories.  It took awhile of looking at auctions in Japan that weren't overpriced but eventually a seller appeared with both a Mega Modem and the 10-key starting at about $10 each, I won both of these pretty close to that and then shipped them right over along with a couple other things!

The Mega Modem goes on the back of the Genesis and uses the EXT port, and even comes with a screw to help hold it place similarly to the Power Base Converter.  The Ten Key Pad has a regular Genesis/DB9 connector on the end and plugs into the controller ports of the Mega drive.

There are a couple ways the modem itself was released: standalone, bundled with games, or like the bundle I have now which was with a package called the MegaAnswer which was used with a Japanese bank.  To my understanding, the rest of the MegaAnswer system involved a printer if you wanted to print receipts, and a custom cartridge that was used to connect to the bank in question.  Then you would use the custom 10-key controller to navigate their bank system on your home MegaDrive.  By the way, there are actually more than 10 keys on the pad.  It gets its name from the 10 numeric keys on it like a regular office 10 key pad.

esadajr

Holy chicken enchiladas! Banking with mega power.

Another proof the Japanese were way ahead of time.
Gaming since 1985

esteban

Quote from: esadajr on 07/06/2016, 01:56 PMHoly chicken enchiladas! Banking with mega power.

Another proof the Japanese were way ahead of time.
Is that my high score in Blast Wind or the balance in my checking account?

HOLY SHITE!

It's the interest I owe on my mortgage.

Groover

Quote from: Mathius on 07/05/2016, 09:29 PMFDS Stick?
Yeah it a cool floppy disk 128Mb flash cart. It connects to the Famicom Floppy Disk System in two ways. Here is a pic. One way it connects to the RAM cart like in this picture. The other way take little modding to make a cable and on the drive. That will allow you to connect the Floppy Disk System into your computer to copy off the games and save games.
IMG

Here is more info.
http://www.fdsstick.com

US seller and nice simple video and more pictures
http://3dscapture.com/fdsstick/
IMG

SuperDeadite

Palit G-Panel.  I just have a thing for silly uneeded pc parts like this.

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

jtucci31

Got some cool stuff in the past month or so. 1cc sold some leftover shirts, couldn't get the x68k one though. I may screen print my own. Alzadick had the spine underneath the tray, and I got it from Nulltard who may not have known that. Also Shock Troopers came from nectarsis, thanks! Good luck with your wedding!

IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 07/08/2016, 12:40 PMGot some cool stuff in the past month or so. 1cc sold some leftover shirts, couldn't get the x68k one though. I may screen print my own. Alzadick had the spine underneath the tray, and I got it from Nulltard who may not have known that. Also Shock Troopers came from nectarsis, thanks! Good luck with your wedding!
Aww man, I wish I'd known that. I really wish I could have gotten one of the NEC shirts but they're still gone ;_;

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 07/08/2016, 12:40 PMAlzadick
So Nulltard gave you all za dick huh, not surprising, I assume you're trying to assimilate his tatsujin skills through the magic missile

bartre

Quote from: guest on 07/08/2016, 12:40 PMGot some cool stuff in the past month or so. 1cc sold some leftover shirts, couldn't get the x68k one though. I may screen print my own. Alzadick had the spine underneath the tray, and I got it from Nulltard who may not have known that. Also Shock Troopers came from nectarsis, thanks! Good luck with your wedding!
I hate you for getting windjammers.
the last neo game I'm going to the trouble of seeking out.

Medic_wheat

Got to love bulky item pick up day.

IMG
IMG

Got it for the price of free fifty.

schweaty

That's my TV of choice as well.  Some people don't like it because it doesn't  have scan lines

Medic_wheat

Quote from: schweaty on 07/11/2016, 10:05 AMThat's my TV of choice as well.  Some people don't like it because it doesn't  have scan lines
True no scan lines.

But it works great with my various systems.

PS2/3, PSTV, XBOX, 360, Game Cube, Wii, Dreamcast, Saturn, Analouge Nt, CMVS, PGM

I will need to check how it works with my other systems.

Mostly anything 16 and 8 bit. Some 32 bit systems

But that's why I have a PVM stashed away. For games that look best with scan lines and need light gun support. Granted the PVM has remained in its peel an box every since my move.

xcrement5x

IMG
Rare Popful Mail Pop-Up Counter Advertisement

I finally got a new incredibly rare piece of Popful Mail history! This is a pop-up counter display from Japan to promote the PC-88 version of the game. First one that I've ever seen and I'm glad to add it to my ever growing Popful Mail collection.  Starting to run out of space a bit actually :P

SuperGrafx

I got a new mouse:  Logitech M705

Actually it was paid for by my company.  But I like it just the same.

johnnykonami

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/08/2016, 10:25 AMPalit G-Panel.  I just have a thing for silly uneeded pc parts like this.
Sweet!  I always wanted a LCD panel for my computer, since the 90's.  Never got one or found one that was even affordable really.  Now I just kinda want one to sit somewhere for virtual pinball DMD.  I'm gonna look into that again.

I really bought it last week, while I was in TN, but I dropped $30 bucks to get Korg Gadget and Bilbao and Abu Dhabi, which I was wanting since I got my ipad but was sorta waiting for a sale.  I don't really like spending this much on "apps" but in this case it seems like a good purchase.  More relevant to you guys is the fact that one of the DLC synths they released was co-produced by Namco and it's called Kamata:
I want it pretty bad but I'm super cheap and am gonna wait for the next sale.  Besides, Gadget comes with another game synth called Kingston in the meantime:

EvilEvoIX

Picked up a common Neo Geo AES game.  Nothing special but was super cheap in NYC of all places.  I will use it as trade bait.

IMG
IMG
IMG

The next find was quite a surprise and I am quite grateful for it.  This was a free pickup from Craigslist.

DESTINATION II CRT MONITOR GATEWAY 2000 Model: DL31-1

Huge, it's 128 pounds and works perfectly.  It has so many settings to adjust every aspect of the screen and a degaussing button so no discoloration.  I hooked up my Dreamcast to it via VGA, perfection.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Medic_wheat

Picked up some stuff here and there.

First up got this video switch box. I feel it will pair Nicky with my PVM and what nots.

IMG

IMG

I also plan on putting together a fun little 70s Hi Fi audio set up. This might go towards that. Meh for $15 plus shipping it was an okay $35 buy off eBay. Most definitely cheaper then most audio video switch boxes and has that sexy industrial vib that gets my dick hard.

TR0N

Some recent and some is not.Buying has slowed down for me this spring/summer due to a lost in family recently.Also,copy you're seeing for crossed swords 2 for the (neo-geo mvs) is real.Last year a conversion was made by the creator of the universe bios.Most recently it's rom was released and now any one can make a copy.
IMG
IMG
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

schweaty

What happens when you have too much time on your hands when you are away for 4 months?  this is waiting for you when you get home.

IMG

NightWolve

Get ready for shovel justice!!!!! :)