OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

Quote from: DQ187 on 09/02/2016, 12:07 AMGot ahold of this SNES sign recently! :) has been my favorite console since i was a kid! Was really happy to finally get this!
SNES-LEDSign.jpg
Why?

DQ187

Local video store i use to rent games from use to have it displayed and i always loved it! :)

bob

Quote from: DQ187 on 09/02/2016, 12:16 AMLocal video store i use to rent games from use to have it displayed and i always loved it! :)
no, why was it your favorite system?

DQ187

Quote from: gynt on 09/02/2016, 12:17 AM
Quote from: DQ187 on 09/02/2016, 12:16 AMLocal video store i use to rent games from use to have it displayed and i always loved it! :)
no, why was it your favorite system?
Played it the most growing up. Favorite line up of games. Great memories! :)

wiseau

Quote from: DQ187 on 09/02/2016, 12:07 AMGot ahold of this SNES sign recently! :) has been my favorite console since i was a kid! Was really happy to finally get this!
SNES-LEDSign.jpg
Is that Soldier blade in one of those VGA 1000+% bricks?

DQ187

No, its not graded, not into that nonsense, just a case u can open whenever. I had got it in a deal a while ago with Sinistron i think. My favorite Turbo game & probably my favorite cover art so i put it in the case and posted it on display there.

EvilEvoIX

Some good finds over the past couple of weeks.  Get this, almost everything was found in antique shops.  Sitting next to 18th century furniture, Hess Truck Collections, vintage clothing, and the like was classic games and equipment mixed in with records/cassettes/CD's.  Always good to find a new outlet.

IMG

This is a great controller for the NES, clicky Joystick and buttons certainly not trash with suction cups on the bottom to stick to smooth surfaces.  I like it better than the Advantage for sure.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

Found a boxed Turbo local on the cheap, couldn't believe my luck I as checking Craigslist and it appeared within a mile of my house for a stupid price and I picked it up after being on Craigslist for less than an hour.  came with Keith Courage and a complete copy of Splatter house.  Nice to have some cardboard for once.

Batman & Robin rules, easily one of my top Sega Genesis games.  Such high quality sound and grafx and zero slowdown in all the madness.  Tough as nails, certainly harder than Gunstar Heroes and on par with Contra or Ninja Gaiden

Lynx Sun Visor, NOS why not for my growing Lynx Collection. 

IMG

IMG

IMG

Bionic Commando.  What a spectacular NES game!!  Top 5 for me.  I had to beat it and it took hours of mastering.  What a great gem.

IMG

IMG

Local finds as well.  Really enjoyed Déjà Vu.

IMG

IMG

Thunderblade Master System.  Great Game, way better than I though.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

SuperDeadite

Been a long time since I've picked up anything at all, but this randomly appeared and was cheap.

Hattary Plus, this is actually a collection of 4 doujin games (plus an extras disk), from 2 different dev teams.  And oddly, it includes a home made soundtrack for Nemesis 90 Kai on cassette tape lol.

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/05/2016, 05:42 AMBeen a long time since I've picked up anything at all, but this randomly appeared and was cheap.

Hattary Plus, this is actually a collection of 4 doujin games (plus an extras disk), from 2 different dev teams.  And oddly, it includes a home made soundtrack for Nemesis 90 Kai on cassette tape lol.

IMG
So, are you thinking the cassette was made by recording directly from x68000?

I assume Nemesis '90 Kai included a sound test... Otherwise, someone had to get damn good at the game to record it live whilst playing (SFX turned off, if possible).

Ahhh.... I made tons of analog recordings from old consoles BITD...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

I recently picked up a copy of Lego Batman 3 for the Vita.

I also learned that I can't play Walking Dead Season 2 on my PSTV.  It's listed as a compatible game, but as near as I can tell they mean only the digital download version is compatible.  Boo-urns!  :|
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Man, I love the artwork on that X68000 doujin set.  It just screams 80s/90s anime. 

I was back in my hometown over Labor Day for some family stuff, and found a copy of The Evil Within for $7 brand new from Target and grabbed it.  It's got some special lenticular sleeve and I'm a sucker for that crap, plus is was sub $10 and I was already getting diapers. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

wiseau

i.imgur.com/vU09gyu.jpg

I splurged a little too much recently, pic related probably isn't even a 1/4th of what i got, but none of that stuffs come just yet.

EvilEvoIX

Ohhhhhhh dreamcast, on its anniversary no less.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Medic_wheat

What was the last dreamcast game I picked up and played? 

Oh I remember. berserk. Got it a few months ago while in Corpus Cristi. Pretty good granted I think in my head I hyped it to much which lead to a little bit of a let down.

Gypsy

Quote from: wiseau on 09/09/2016, 10:59 PM*MASSIVE PIC*
I splurged a little too much recently, pic related probably isn't even a 1/4th of what i got, but none of that stuffs come just yet.
Ah yes the pain. I'm currently in wait mode as well. For Saturn goodies mostly. It had been awhile since I got anything good for Saturn, and it kinda just worked out that I bought some stuff, and managed a nice trade for some Saturn imports as well. Good times ahead.

To comment on the games pictured I will say I really like Jet Grind, and Heavy Metal Geomatrix isn't bad.

xcrement5x

Vintage Stock did me well recently.  I have a 20% off new customer coupon I printed but hadn't used and it expires on the 15th so I gave them one more shot on Friday and found a DC game I needed (Ultimate Fighting Championship) for about $5 which was nice.  Doing pretty good there, I think I've got just over 2/3 of the library, thankfully most of the expensive stuff is out of the way.

Then to my surprise I located a CIB copy of Ghouls 'n Ghosts for the Sega Master system.  Got it for about $60 after the coupon which is a lot, but still pretty low for the US version.  I may head back for a 16GB Vita card they've got, after coupon it'd be about $26.  Not sure I wan't to spend so much in one weekend, I want to believe Vita cards will drop in price eventually.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

ToyMachine78

A few miscellaneous gets...

IMG

And from the family reunion this weekend...  brought home some of the finest Mountain Dew Franklin County Va has to offer:

IMG

Damson Berry and Indian Peach.

Gredler

Gredler

Moonshine is great, there is a distillery by my house that has a great selection of them.

http://www.twistedmanzanita.com/our-spirits/

They have various ones that switch out (looks like most right now a fruity).

They have various wood soaked ones (All nasty to me, but someone must enjoy that shit)

My favorite was the bacon moonshine, where they literally soak bacon in the shine and then filter and bottle the liquid after, my fiance loves the lemon cello - it is delicious but very sweet.

Tasty - shine is on the rise!

ToyMachine78

I haven't found any commercial stuff I like. Most of it is too diluted, and has too much added sugar.

My dad's family has been shining for over a century in Callaway and Boone Va. Its the real deal.

Gypsy

Divinity Original Sin is awesome. Nice get.

wiseau

i.imgur.com/7jKBAnt.jpg

Part 2 of the lot, mostly just COMIX and crap i found for cheap, nothing amazing. tomorrow is going to be huge though.

Gypsy

Project Justice! Pretty fun one even if it's not in my regular Dreamcast fighter rotation (LB2, Garou, KoF 98, KoF 02, Cap v SNK 2001).

Sparky

Where is your rob? it is.... Stinky!

IMG

wildfruit

Got this for pretty cheap. Any must have recommendations? It's multi region.

IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: wildfruit on 09/14/2016, 07:59 AMGot this for pretty cheap. Any must have recommendations? It's multi region.
IMG
Anything Working Design related.
Mr. Bones
Clock Work Knight 1&2
Panzer Dragoon 1&2 (Saga is just to pricey these days)
Burning Rangers (get the JP copy)
Nights into dreams (don't forget the Christmas edition)
Power Slave
Duke Nukem 3D
House of the Dead (JP copy)
Three dirty dwarfs
Layer section

Man there are so many more.

Gypsy

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/14/2016, 09:23 AM
Quote from: wildfruit on 09/14/2016, 07:59 AMGot this for pretty cheap. Any must have recommendations? It's multi region.
SHEGA SHATURN PIC
Mr. Bones
Clock Work Knight 1&2
Power Slave
Duke Nukem 3D
Three dirty dwarfs
Layer section

As far as the WD titles go, I think Albert Odyssey is kind of well, not good. Dragon Force and MKR though. <3

There are quite a few really good compilation discs on the Saturn. If I could only have one older system it would probably be the Saturn for that reason. Twinbee Deluxe Pack, Parodius Deluxe Pack, Thunder Force Gold Packs, Salamander Deluxe pack (Salamander 2!), Gradius Deluxe Pack, Konami Antiques, Capcom Generations etc...

If you like pinball, Last Gladiators is a slam dunk purchase. I'm so nice, I'll even provide a link to the cheapest one up on Ebay right now, just $6!

xcrement5x

IMG

Got an awesome Bonk plushie made by my friend the other day! This little guy looks great and protects me from King Drool while gaming :-)

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

That's pretty neat looking Ele. Needs female Bonk to go with him. :D

wildfruit

Medic_wheat

IMG

Haven't really been posting much. But here is what came in the mail today.

Back art for my bomber man. Sweet!

Got me a PS4 copy of Retro City. Didn't realize it was going to come with a PSP (no D) copy. That's neat.

Use to watch Sailor Moon when it was still a thing. Heard there is a new series that's suppose to be more Manga faithful. Think it's up to season 3 but only the first seasons been released. In either case might be a fun distraction.

SuperGrafx

I got that new Target exclusive Super Mario 3D World "New" Nintendo 3DS console bundle.
I love the white color and Super Fami style buttons on this unit.
Plus it's smaller and less bulky than the XL

For $149, you cannot go wrong!

Mathius

The wife and I just got our Sailor Moon Crystal on launch day. I miss the 90s style animation but all around good stuff so far.

Digi.k

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Digi.k on 09/15/2016, 07:45 AMmy recent stuff

IMG
I'm envious of your getting DQ VII a day early
--DragonmasterDan

esadajr

Quote from: Gypsy on 09/14/2016, 09:38 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/14/2016, 09:23 AM
SHEGA SHATURN PIC
Mr. Bones
Clock Work Knight 1&2
Power Slave
Duke Nukem 3D
Three dirty dwarfs
Layer section

As far as the WD titles go, I think Albert Odyssey is kind of well, not good. Dragon Force and MKR though. <3

There are quite a few really good compilation discs on the Saturn. If I could only have one older system it would probably be the Saturn for that reason. Twinbee Deluxe Pack, Parodius Deluxe Pack, Thunder Force Gold Packs, Salamander Deluxe pack (Salamander 2!), Gradius Deluxe Pack, Konami Antiques, Capcom Generations etc...

If you like pinball, Last Gladiators is a slam dunk purchase. I'm so nice, I'll even provide a link to the cheapest one up on Ebay right now, just $6!
Sweet! thanks!
Gaming since 1985

Gypsy

Quote from: Gypsy on 09/11/2016, 07:04 AMAh yes the pain. I'm currently in wait mode as well. For Saturn goodies mostly. It had been awhile since I got anything good for Saturn, and it kinda just worked out that I bought some stuff, and managed a nice trade for some Saturn imports as well. Good times ahead.
Maybe not on part of it. Seller still hasn't shipped a week since the order so I'll probably have to just have the order canceled any move on to other sellers. Meh. In the meantime, I should at least have 3 solid Saturn imports in my clutches by Monday. Win some lose some I suppose.

Quote from: esadajr on 09/15/2016, 11:09 AMSweet! thanks!
You will enjoy it I reckon. It's a lot of fun.

Mathius

Blindly picked this up from a friend last week. It's for the Vita and that's all I know about it.
/20160916_162427_zpsnqqgiiw5.jpg

Gypsy

It's a dungeon crawler. I thought it looked solid so I bought it. Not really a fan though.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 09/16/2016, 05:51 PMIt's a dungeon crawler. I thought it looked solid so I bought it. Not really a fan though.
Same here. Picked t up because it was fairly priced CE for the Vita. But the game feels a little slow paced. Or maybe I have low tolerance for dungeon crawlers.

Gypsy

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/16/2016, 06:41 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 09/16/2016, 05:51 PMIt's a dungeon crawler. I thought it looked solid so I bought it. Not really a fan though.
Same here. Picked t up because it was fairly priced CE for the Vita. But the game feels a little slow paced. Or maybe I have low tolerance for dungeon crawlers.
That might be the case, it seems to be a love/hate genre. I'm generally lukewarm on it and have to be in the mood. I really dug into Demon Gaze (thought Op Abyss was meh though) and Class of Heroes 2G. There seems to be an influx of them from Japan.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 09/17/2016, 06:39 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/16/2016, 06:41 PM
That might be the case, it seems to be a love/hate genre. I'm generally lukewarm on it and have to be in the mood. I really dug into Demon Gaze (thought Op Abyss was meh though) and Class of Heroes 2G. There seems to be an influx of them from Japan.
Same here. There are some dungeon crawlers I get sucked into. Dark spiral and some other on the DS.

Gypsy

Well, first of the Saturn games trickled in today.

IMG

Will be odd to have a disc that isn't Last Gladiators in my Saturn lately.  :lol:

Groover

I just got my First PVM. I really like it. My time stalking Craigslist paid off.
IMG
IMG

johnnykonami

Quote from: Groover on 09/17/2016, 03:57 PMI just got my First PVM. I really like it. My time stalking Craigslist paid off.
IMG
Nice find, man!  I check back on CL too everyday but I just don't think I'm gonna get lucky.  I am thinking I'm just gonna go the XRGB mini route for now.  Just out of curiosity though, how much/what area are you in/any search tips?

Groover

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/17/2016, 05:24 PMNice find, man!  I check back on CL too everyday but I just don't think I'm gonna get lucky.  I am thinking I'm just gonna go the XRGB mini route for now.  Just out of curiosity though, how much/what area are you in/any search tips?
I just searched PVM. They where selling them for $150 each and they had about 6. I tested them all. I would say about 4 of them where just fine. I'm in Austin Texas. They said they get them every now and again from the local Hospital. So you could ask around the hospitals near you. I also have an XRGB mini I have had for about 2 years. It is the device that got me into RGB. With my recent gSCARTsw switcher I have them both hooked up.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Groover on 09/17/2016, 05:34 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/17/2016, 05:24 PMNice find, man!  I check back on CL too everyday but I just don't think I'm gonna get lucky.  I am thinking I'm just gonna go the XRGB mini route for now.  Just out of curiosity though, how much/what area are you in/any search tips?
I just searched PVM. They where selling them for $150 each and they had about 6. I tested them all. I would say about 4 of them where just fine. I'm in Austin Texas. They said they get them every now and again from the local Hospital. So you could ask around the hospitals near you. I also have an XRGB mini I have had for about 2 years. It is the device that got me into RGB. With my recent gSCARTsw switcher I have them both hooked up.
Shot you a PM I am near Austin

johnnykonami

Quote from: Groover on 09/17/2016, 05:34 PM
Cool, thanks for the info.  Maybe one day I'll strike oil.