@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

If it was 60 pounds it had to be Fatal Fury 2 or later.  Megs weigh a lot.

Kitsunexus

OMG THIS ARCADE MACHINE BELONGS IN MY BEDROOM.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Ceti Alpha

Yeah, Roadblasters was an awesome game. But I don't remember this at all.  :-k Is this a cartoon or something? A CD port of the game with cutout scenes? Cus the old Atari game had none of this.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Turbo D

I think my bro has that on sega cd  :-k
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/19/2007, 11:12 PMYeah, Roadblasters was an awesome game. But I don't remember this at all.  :-k Is this a cartoon or something? A CD port of the game with cutout scenes? Cus the old Atari game had none of this.
Road Blaster (also Road Avenger) has nothing to do with RoadBlasters (a game that I also love <3). This Road Blaster is a laser-disc game (for arcade and Laseractive) that plays like Dragon's Lair. You make choices in the game, that affect what happens on the screen. Not very interactive, but very damn cool.

This game was also ported to SegaCD with a HORRIBLE American soundtrack. Well, it's not horrible, but not as good as the original soundtrack.

dragons-lair-project.com is the best place to find out more about laserdisc games.

The best laserdisc game is Interstellar Laser Fantasy.

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

QuoteThis Road Blaster is a laser-disc game (for arcade and Laseractive) that plays like Dragon's Lair. You make choices in the game, that affect what happens on the screen. Not very interactive, but very damn cool.
Ahhhh....hehe

See? And I was all confused and such.  ](*,)

I REALLY need to get a copy of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace for the PC. There's a double game package floating around in some places. I think I saw one in Staples and Zeller's.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/19/2007, 11:32 PM
QuoteThis Road Blaster is a laser-disc game (for arcade and Laseractive) that plays like Dragon's Lair. You make choices in the game, that affect what happens on the screen. Not very interactive, but very damn cool.
Ahhhh....hehe

See? And I was all confused and such.  ](*,)

I REALLY need to get a copy of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace for the PC. There's a double game package floating around in some places. I think I saw one in Staples and Zeller's.
Back when the mall had a KayBee Toy's (this was like in '95 or so), there was like a Windows 3.1 Dragon's Lair CD-ROM, for (I shit you not) $100. That store was way over priced.

Of course thanks to the awesome work of Digital Leisure we can play these games on our DVD PLAYERS! ^__^

Also, I emailed DL and it's true, THEY HAVE THE RIGHTS TO MAKE A DVD GAME BASED ON BRAINDEAD 13!!! If I can't find the PS1 version I'm going to get the DVD.

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

I prefer the US sounds on Road Avenger.  It sounds much better than Road Blasters throughout the entire game (which I have for the Saturn).  The opening song is cheesy, but that is part of the charm.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/19/2007, 11:55 PMI prefer the US sounds on Road Avenger.  It sounds much better than Road Blasters throughout the entire game (which I have for the Saturn).  The opening song is cheesy, but that is part of the charm.
But before they changed it it was awesome. Awesome > Cheesy.

Keranu

I like the Cyber Speedway soundtrack.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Joe Redifer

Nah.  Road Blaster's sound was never awesome.  Even the sound effects were changed for the better.  Bigger explosions instead of quiet wimpiness.

Kitsunexus

No, I like that kind of music (the original Road Blaster soundtrack). Ski or Die is chock full of that music, I love it! The Adlib is almost as good as the MT-32 version!

I have found an mp3 of the whole Adlib version of the downhill skiing song, but only a clip of the MT-32 version.

I think more rock should have saxaphones. ^__^

Keranu

Rock + saxophones only equals the most badass person in the world... TIMMY CAPELLO!
IMG

TR0N

Two Stupid Dogs-Hollywood's Ark  :lol:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

OMFG ROTFLMAO! I LOVED THIS CARTOON!

I see your "2 Stupid Dogs" and raise you "The Tick":
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

What happened to the world? Cartoons used to rule, now they're HORRIBLE. I blame Flash. It made people lazy.

Keranu

I love 2 Stupid Dogs! My favorite part in any episode was when they dropped a marshmellow off the top of a mountain and thought they would be safe if they jumped on it.  :lol:
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Keranu on 09/20/2007, 02:59 AMI love 2 Stupid Dogs! My favorite part in any episode was when they dropped a marshmellow off the top of a mountain and thought they would be safe if they jumped on it.  :lol:
I liked the museum episode with the plasma ball... "Electric city is your friend!" "Stupid dogs, I'm not YOUR friend..." BZZZZT!

TR0N

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 09/20/2007, 03:01 AM
Quote from: Keranu on 09/20/2007, 02:59 AMI love 2 Stupid Dogs! My favorite part in any episode was when they dropped a marshmellow off the top of a mountain and thought they would be safe if they jumped on it.  :lol:
I liked the museum episode with the plasma ball... "Electric city is your friend!" "Stupid dogs, I'm not YOUR friend..." BZZZZT!
That's my all time favorite episode when i frist saw that,i couldn't help but laugh like crazy.
IMG

Kitsunexus

YES I FOUND IT!!
And I forgot this series had Secret Squirrel, that rocked as well. :)

EDIT: I BUTCHERED that quote.  :lol: OMFG "CHICKENS, DO IT AGAIN!"  :lol: I LOVE this show!

Turbo D

looks like my two stupid dogs, lol
IMG IMG
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 09/20/2007, 03:43 AMYES I FOUND IT!!

EDIT: I BUTCHERED that quote.  :lol: OMFG "CHICKENS, DO IT AGAIN!"  :lol: I LOVE this show!
Thanks i was woundering what the title was for that episode.
IMG

Keranu

Haha, that episode is great. I love when the fat dog's skeleton gets turned inside-out and then the little dog swallows dinosaur bones to look like a dinosaur and then they scare each other! I also love how the fat dog told the little dog to put the chickens back in his mouth  :lol: .
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Keranu on 09/20/2007, 02:27 PM

Haha, that episode is great. I love when the fat dog's skeleton gets turned inside-out and then the little dog swallows dinosaur bones to look like a dinosaur and then they scare each other! I also love how the fat dog told the little dog to put the chickens back in his mouth  :lol: .
I love that too! I also love when he's inside the other dog, "PINOCHIO!"  :lol:

Keranu

Can someone explain to me exactly what this is?
IMG

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

I don't even want to know how you stumbled across that.  Sounds like the audio was run through the SNES with the amount of reverb it had,

TR0N

Castlevania-Bloody Tears
This theme done on a piano and it's not bad either.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Keranu on 09/20/2007, 11:02 PMCan someone explain to me exactly what this is?
Quite simply, it is THE GREATEST GAME EVER8)

Here's something:
< Shadowgate's music PWNS. Kemco could fucking ROCK the NES.

Here's something else:
< WHAT THE HELL?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Keranu on 09/20/2007, 11:02 PMCan someone explain to me exactly what this is? Crazy Jew Attack: Giant Left Arm Ghost Defender Revolution
Wow, that is super weird.  I translated the title for anyone interested.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Kitsunexus

This is older than the creation of the universe, but it's still hilarious:
p(^o^)q

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

Broken Pixels Episode 3
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4149
Seanbaby and crew play one fugly pc-fx game.
IMG

Kitsunexus

BEST VIDEO GAME COMMERCIAL EVER!

Keranu

Quote from: TRONBroken Pixels Episode 3
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4149
Seanbaby and crew play one fugly pc-fx game.
I've been wanting to play that game for like over a year now! It looks so hilarious!

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 09/22/2007, 02:23 PMBEST VIDEO GAME COMMERCIAL EVER!
That's one of my favs 8) .
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

I think this lesson is going to be lost among the snerds

TR0N

Quote from: Derek Lee Missed His School Bus on 09/22/2007, 05:22 PMI think this lesson is going to be lost among the snerds
I linked it befor let's just say it caused a riot  :shock:
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: TRON on 09/23/2007, 02:13 AM
Quote from: Derek Lee Missed His School Bus on 09/22/2007, 05:22 PMI think this lesson is going to be lost among the snerds
I linked it befor let's just say it caused a riot  :shock:
Yeah, fuck that shit, it's not funny.

TR0N

Philips CD-I Infomercial Part 1
Right it was the future of gaming  :roll:
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: TRON on 09/24/2007, 03:20 AMPhilips CD-I Infomercial Part 1
Right it was the future of gaming  :roll:
Thanks for linking that, I loved every bit of that video! Such a great set, actors, and sound!
IMG

Kitsunexus

That's fucking hilarious and awesome! I <3 CD-I.

rag-time4

An 11-clip series covering the Heisman Trophy season of Barry Sanders... the greatest football player of the Turbo era!  =D&gt; =D&gt;

Here is clip 1:

Ceti Alpha

That "crazy jew: revolution" clip is fucking nuts!!  :shock: haha
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 09/22/2007, 02:23 PMBEST VIDEO GAME COMMERCIAL EVER!
That is a great commercial!!!

They sure don't make em like they used to... :dance:

TR0N

Obscure Game Theater-Holy Diver-Famicom
I just got this game to for the famicom and it is difficult.

Btw it kind of does play like castlevania.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Wow, this is good, and directed by Martin Scorsese!

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ceti Alpha

HAHAHAHA!!!

I knew that was going to happen!!!  :twisted:  It startled me just a little as I was bracing myself, but even if you know it'll still get you even a little. hehe  :P
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: TRON on 09/26/2007, 02:43 AMObscure Game Theater-Holy Diver-Famicom
I just got this game to for the famicom and it is difficult.

Btw it kind of does play like castlevania.
Very Castlevaniaesque and nice looking, but some of the enemy respawning looks annoyingly cheap.

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/26/2007, 09:12 AMfascinating :)
Tee-hee!  Is it for realz, yo?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!