10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/26/2007, 09:12 AMfascinating :)
Textbook shocker, they don't exactly work as intended on Youtube.

This one, the picture was too sharp and motionless, and the sound was WAY too loud, which actually prompts the user to turn the sound down, instead of it being too quiet, and getting them to turn the sound up.

That wasn't the Exorcist girl, so I'm guessing it's the "lake Jason" (It sure looks like it). The way it came out reminds me of the head in one of the later stages of Exidy's Chiller.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Kitsunexus

I dunno how I feel about this, but I'm more hating this than liking it:

CrackTiger

Vancouver Aquarium Otters

I think that the white one is the guy who just turned 19(?) years old and was rescued from the Exxon Valdez spill.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 09/26/2007, 04:49 PMThis one, the picture was too sharp and motionless, and the sound was WAY too loud, which actually prompts the user to turn the sound down, instead of it being too quiet, and getting them to turn the sound up.

That wasn't the Exorcist girl, so I'm guessing it's the "lake Jason" (It sure looks like it). The way it came out reminds me of the head in one of the later stages of Exidy's Chiller.
the picure was, let's say..a picture, that why it dosen't move a lot, even i used a cheap filter it revives it a little bit.

but yeah..u right there about the sound, will make it more quiet. the mask is from the movie "ghost story" > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082449/

:)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/26/2007, 08:13 PMthe mask is from the movie "ghost story" > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082449/
An 80's horror flick featuring Fred Astaire? On a scale from 1 to 10, that cranks it up to 11!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 09/26/2007, 08:50 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/26/2007, 08:13 PMthe mask is from the movie "ghost story" > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082449/
An 80's horror flick featuring Fred Astaire? On a scale from 1 to 10, that cranks it up to 11!
yeah, that movie is awesome. took me a hell out to find it, since i watched that one about 23 years ago and even didn't know its exactly name. then a friend of mine, listened to my story explanation and told me, that fred astair is playing in there. after that it was just peanuts to locate it :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 09/26/2007, 01:40 PM
Quote from: TRON on 09/26/2007, 02:43 AMObscure Game Theater-Holy Diver-Famicom
I just got this game to for the famicom and it is difficult.

Btw it kind of does play like castlevania.
Very Castlevaniaesque and nice looking, but some of the enemy respawning looks annoyingly cheap.
Yeah the respawning enemy's is rather cheap.

This is a game you realy have to memorize for each level if you want to beat it.

Still it's a good effort by irem it's a shame it didn't get a u.s release,the game plays in english to.

Acording to wiki the game has reference to the song...of the same name wich is by Dio.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Diver_%28video_game%29

Btw a link to the song hmm maybe it does.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/26/2007, 09:12 AMfascinating :)
:lol: :lol:
Here i thought the video was some kind of mind game.

Then a image pop ups at the end and yes i did jump for a bit.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Joe Redifer

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

QuoteThey need to make this now for the Wii.  Laughing
:lol: hehehe

That video was hilarious.

Mine isn't so funny. It's from an Italian Horror movie that I'm trying to learn the theme music for a Halloween gig. (We're doing 28 Days Later: In the house-In a Heartbeat - Halloween Theme - Suspiria Theme - and we haven't figured out the others yet.) Dario Argento is by far one of the best horror directors.  8)

Be warned. It's quite gruesome.  :-&

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Kitsunexus

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/27/2007, 11:17 AMMine isn't so funny. It's from an Italian Horror movie that I'm trying to learn the theme music for a Halloween gig. (We're doing 28 Days Later: In the house-In a Heartbeat - Halloween Theme - Suspiria Theme - and we haven't figured out the others yet.) Dario Argento is by far one of the best horror directors.  8)

Be warned. It's quite gruesome.  :-&

Suspria rules, I'd dare say Argento's most gruesome film though is Tenebrae. Here's the axe murder scene (exactly what it sounds like, so don't say I didn't warn you):
If the Youtube age filter won't let you see that (and you're too lazy to register an account), here's the embedded video (if you embed the video into another site, the age filter won't work).

http://www.geocities.com/kitsunedarkstalker/tenebrae.htm

God I LOVE 80'S slasher/horror flicks!

bust3dstr8

I was looking for a PCE City Hunter gameplay video and ran into this.......
   :shock: :shock:

I wish I could lie and say this didn't highly amuse me.   :oops:
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

City Hunter looks jawesome!!  is that Jackie Chan??

I thought it was excellent dude, now I just want to see the whole movie!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

That was funny, and Chun-Li was clearly being played by a man.  Looks like the movie is about Jackie Chan and his two young superfriends who go on amazing journeys with lots of hijinks!

Tatsujin

that's because chun li was played by jackie chan as well ;)

the movie was cult in germany/swiss back in the days.

Keranu

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 09/27/2007, 03:28 PMI was looking for a PCE City Hunter gameplay video and ran into this.......

That totally rocked! The optical effects in it were great too!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

TR0N

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 09/27/2007, 03:28 PMI was looking for a PCE City Hunter gameplay video and ran into this.......

That's how the live action SF should have been in the frist place.

I have city hunter on dvd and it's one of my favorite movies that,Jackie Chan did.

Still jackie chan has been "quoted" that he didn't like starring in that movie.
IMG

TR0N

IMG

Kitsunexus

OMFG CITY HUNTER MUST THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!

Joe Redifer

Kitsunexus

Ladies and gentlemen, when you mod something, this is how you mod it:

TR0N

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 09/28/2007, 03:22 AMLadies and gentlemen, when you mod something, this is how you mod it:
Wtf !? So that's how GTA sold so well in jpn....

Still they gota make every thing cute don't they  :-&
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: TRON on 09/28/2007, 04:51 AM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 09/28/2007, 03:22 AMLadies and gentlemen, when you mod something, this is how you mod it:
Wtf !? So that's how GTA sold so well in jpn....

Still they gota make every thing cute don't they  :-&
Hey hey now!  [-X That's my philosophy too!  :wink:

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

TR0N

SNL Michael Jackson TV Funhouse
IMG

Turbo D

rofl, I love when they make fun of micheal  :)
IMG IMG
IMG

Kitsunexus

This is a video of the awesome Roland MC-202, the Roland SH-101 with a sequencer. The SH-101, if you don't know is a little tiny battery powered synthesizer that has AMAZING sound. The sad thing is if you saw it in a pawn shop somewhere you could mistake it for an older Yamaha PSR, but the SH-101 and the MC-202 are powerful.

Listen as the MC-202 starts out doing basic TB-303 acid stuff, than later moves into NES and C64 territory:

Kitsunexus

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 10/01/2007, 04:16 AMMy opinion of Pac-Man.
Yakety Sax for the mother fuckin' win!  :lol:

TR0N

IMG

TurboXray

Yeah! A sequel to my all time favorite golf game and with FMV
and wtf? This isn't just a racing game

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 10/02/2007, 01:54 AMYeah! A sequel to my all time favorite golf game and with FMV
Dude I just watched this video on YouTube like 20 minutes ago before I saw this post! I left a comment, it does look pretty cool!

Quote from: Bonknutsand wtf? This isn't just a racing game
Dude I just bought this game off D-Lite! Quit giving me deja-vu or something! Unfortunately the language barrier in Zero IV Champ 2 is pretty strong, a lot tougher than the first one (which was pretty cool!).
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

TurboXray

???

hmm....ok. What about this then?
That won't give you deja-vu.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: TurboXray on 10/02/2007, 09:55 AM???

Is this the Zuntata vid from Ninja Warriors?

NecroPhile

Quote from: TurboXray on 10/02/2007, 01:54 AMand wtf? This isn't just a racing game
WTF indeed!  Mini games galore - walk a dog, eat some sushi, exterminate rat infestation, battle doll wielding thugs, fly a chicken, get robbed, gamble in Vegas, have a wild west shootout, etc.  Eat your heart out Mario Party 87,549.

Keranu

DUDE WHAT IS THAT GAME CALLED!? That was toooooo funny!
IMG

Ninja Spirit

This long forsaken Nickelodeon gem.

rag-time4

Quote from: TurboXray on 10/02/2007, 01:54 AMand wtf? This isn't just a racing game
:shock:  ....

Somehow, I think I'm going to have to get this game due to the Western portions.... but.... what a wild game!  :shock:

rag-time4

Quote from: Keranu on 10/02/2007, 06:52 PM

:shock:

CrackTiger

Apparently its part of Mitsubachi Gakuen.

I have to actually try this game now. I've owned it for years, but probably would never have considered playing it before learning japanese. :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Quote from: Ninja SpiritThis long forsaken Nickelodeon gem.
Haha, I used to watch that show, it's even funnier watching it now :lol: . I like the one where the little bro's head gets shaved and they said he looked like Charles Barkley.

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2007, 03:56 PM

Apparently its part of Mitsubachi Gakuen.

I have to actually try this game now. I've owned it for years, but probably would never have considered playing it before learning japanese. :P
Thanks a lot for telling me the name! I'm definitely gonna keep an eye out for that one :D . I love to collect those crazy Japanese PCE games, even when I don't understand them. Speaking of which, I still need to play through Baku Den!
IMG

TR0N

Since this is october and all.
Ghostbusters-Ray Parker Jr.
Youtube Poop-Top Ten Moments of as of September 29 2007
IMG

Turbo D

great video,... Great signature  :wink:
IMG IMG
IMG

rolins

I finally finished watching all 76 episodes + movies of Hajime no Ippo. Story revolves around Ippo, a wimpy kid, turned feather-weight pro boxer who eventually becomes national champion. Definitely worth checking out if your into anime, boxing, and comedy. I'm currently trying to catch up on the manga.

Ippo vs Sendo's last match
Hajime no Ippo AMV - Chance

TR0N

Quote from: rolins on 10/05/2007, 01:41 AMI finally finished watching all 76 episodes + movies of Hajime no Ippo. Story revolves around Ippo, a wimpy kid, turned feather-weight pro boxer who eventually becomes national champion. Definitely worth checking out if your into anime, boxing, and comedy. I'm currently trying to catch up on the manga.

Ippo vs Sendo's last match
Hajime no Ippo AMV - Chance
I've herd of the serise and i've all ways thinking of checking it out.

Btw it was release in the u.s under the name fighting spirit.
IMG

Kitsunexus