RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Coolest/Rarest/Favorite item in your game collection

Started by drdre, 09/07/2008, 12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdre

So here's the question, everybody:  What is the coolest/rarest/favorite item in your game collection?  It could be a game, a console, an accessory, even gaming related memorabilia (toys, posters, etc.)

Not really looking for the highest priced item in your collection per se, more your favorite or what you have that is unique.

Mine?  Right now, I would actually have to say either Pyramid Intruder for the 3DO because it's so obscure, or my Virtual Boy w/ Insmouse no Yakata (for the same reason)  :mrgreen:

So what's yours?
Arms installation is complete....good luck

SignOfZeta

I guess it would be my copy of Jesus for FC. That, or my copy of Aim for the Top!: Gunbuster Vol 2 which I had signed by Toshio "Otaking" Okada in '95 when, for some reason, he was in Jersey.
IMG

termis

I don't think it's worth much, but I have a shrink-wrapped Samsung edition of Virtual On for the Saturn. 

Most people don't even know such an item exists.  :o
IMG

kid_rondeau

Well, it would be either Magical Chase (is that game anywhere near as rare or valuable as people make it out to be??) or Intelligent Qube for PSOne.

Tatsujin

some of em which are deep in my collectors heart :)

Special Hueys:
/specialhueys1op2.jpg

Darius Alpha and other hibaihins:
/pcespecial20080624vk8.jpg

Motteke Tamago complete/mint:
/motteketamagoum5.jpg

Ginga Fukei Densetsu - Sapphire:
/yunacol1fg3.jpg

Bazaaru de Gozaaru no Geemu de Gozaaru (and various collector items):
/bazaarucolxg9.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

drdre

Very nice with the Darius Alpha!  My envy  is starting to rise  :evil:

Joe Redifer

This is my rarest game:

dracxhu1.jpg

Alt-Nintega

Easily my Dracula X and Nexzr. Both are so freaking expensive even used.  :shock:

IMG

Also my Far East of Eden RPGs. Pity they never got English versions because they kick ass :D

IMG

jboypacman

I would say my copies of Dracula X and Spriggan. :D

Tablet

I like threads like this, I had to actually think about this

/1220816406.jpg

Firstly Coolest, that would of course be my core grafx for the simple reason that no matter where I take it or who I show it to they all fall in love with it, heck I even took it down to London with me on my last trip down. The PCE must officially be the easiest home console to transport.

Secondly most rarest, I recently placed second on a destructoid contest and won some Civilization Revolution goodies in the package was this 360 faceplate, limited to 2000 I have number 664 so I guess that is the rarest gamimg item I own though I was tempted to use star ocean 2 just because of its painfully small production run over here.

And Finally favorite, Now this was the bit I had to think about, at first I wanted to have my master system 2 with Alex Kidd built-in but I don't really go back and play that too often anymore so for now Kirby's Adventure is my favorite gaming item in my collection

ooPo

Say what you want about it, but I absolutely love my Supergrafx. Ever since I saw it long ago in EGM I knew I had to have one. I was very disappointed that it never achieved success or even a wide release.

It just feels 'cool' to have one, like I'm owning a part of gaming history that was never meant to be. If someone asks to see something different or unique from my collection, its the one I pull out.

As soon as I find a copy of 1941 in great shape for a fair price, I'll have the complete set.

Ninja Spirit

Arkhan Asylum

I has a Ghaleon Punching Puppet and Goemon plushie from working designs!  Those are the coolest.

Rarewise: hrmm...

well, I have the ENTIRE working designs game library.  This includes Sega Ages, the fan-art Lunar for PSX, and well, everything.  I'd say that's pretty rare, cool, and my favorite, all in one.

That or every Ultima game, boxed...!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SuperDeadite

Quote from: guest on 09/07/2008, 08:40 PMI has a Ghaleon Punching Puppet and Goemon plushie from working designs!  Those are the coolest.

well, I have the ENTIRE working designs game library.  This includes Sega Ages, the fan-art Lunar for PSX, and well, everything.  I'd say that's pretty rare, cool, and my favorite, all in one.

Do you have the Working Designs PC Spreadsheet software?  I've never seen a copy.  Also how about the Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case? I want those so bad...
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

bust3dstr8

My coolest most favoritest item would have to be my Deep Blue ashtray/slash/coaster.

/~fawst/db2.jpg
/db2(1).jpg

/1884363556.jpg
This post was posted from 100% post consumer recycled post material
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

rolins

ZANAC. Definitely the fav in my entire collection. In case your wondering, the white box is from europe and the game was released on cassette tape. Plays the same as the japanese cartridge but takes 5 minutes to load.  :lol:
/zanacxp7.th.jpg

I also have a vintage issue of MSX-FAN from Oct-Nov 1993 that has strategy guide of the original Zanac. Even includes a retro release of the game on floppy disk.
/msxfannp4.th.jpg
/msxfanoe0.th.jpg

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/07/2008, 11:20 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/07/2008, 08:40 PMI has a Ghaleon Punching Puppet and Goemon plushie from working designs!  Those are the coolest.

Do you have the Working Designs PC Spreadsheet software?  I've never seen a copy.  Also how about the Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case? I want those so bad...
well I has the assassin case and crap, but...... the spreadsheet software isnt a game.... sooo. ^_^

Working Designs put out some great non-RPG games.  Too bad WD is no more......

that Deep Blue coaster ash tray set is nice..... !
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SuperDeadite

All my US stuff, and most of my Saturn collection is in a storage place.  Here's my favorite stuff that I have here in my tiny Japanese apartment:

IMG
IMG
IMG

I love how the THE IDOLM@STER LE is bigger then the actual 360's box  8)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Digi.k

OMG i want that idol master 360 set!! GIB RARZ NAO!!!  (sorry thats how they kinda speak on phantasy star universe)...

This used to be my rarest saturn game till I sold it a few years back on ebay... one of those games where you don't play it because you're afraid to scratch the disc.. I decided that was crazy thinking and off to ebay it went...
/DSC01818.jpg

now I just have a few rare stuff

drdre

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/08/2008, 03:19 AMAll my US stuff, and most of my Saturn collection is in a storage place.  Here's my favorite stuff that I have here in my tiny Japanese apartment:

IMG
IMG
IMG

I love how the THE IDOLM@STER LE is bigger then the actual 360's box  8)
Gaaahhh!!!!!  Pulstar AND Blazing Star?!?!  Ugh, now I feel sick with envy  :cry:

All I have for my NG is Mutation Nation, Aero Fighters 2, and Robo Army

NecroPhile

It's far from rare or expensive, but my favorite quirky item in the ol' collection is my PCE mouse.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: rolins on 09/08/2008, 02:37 AMZANAC. Definitely the fav in my entire collection. In case your wondering, the white box is from europe and the game was released on cassette tape. Plays the same as the japanese cartridge but takes 5 minutes to load.  :lol:
/zanacxp7.th.jpg

I also have a vintage issue of MSX-FAN from Oct-Nov 1993 that has strategy guide of the original Zanac. Even includes a retro release of the game on floppy disk.
/msxfannp4.th.jpg /msxfanoe0.th.jpg
Dude you have the PS1 Zanac X Zanac? Now that one is rare.

Alt-Nintega

I recent got my hands of these. Super Darius II was an awesome find for me. Only $30 :D

IMG

rolins

Quote from: guest on 09/08/2008, 12:36 PMDude you have the PS1 Zanac X Zanac? Now that one is rare.
Nope. I'd buy it for $90 a fair price I think but most sellers want $120+. I'm not that crazy to spend so much for a decent (not awesome) shmup.

Zanac and Zanac EX were also release on the Zemmix which are extremely hard to find. Those I'll hand over my soul to have them.  :twisted:

guyjin

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/07/2008, 11:20 PMDo you have the Working Designs PC Spreadsheet software?  I've never seen a copy. 
I've never even heard of it till just now. crazy.

Quote from: Digi.k on 09/08/2008, 07:17 AMOMG i want that idol master 360 set!! GIB RARZ NAO!!!  (sorry thats how they kinda speak on phantasy star universe)...
Thanks for the reminder of why i shouldn't play PSU.

Duo_R

Snatcher for PCE - yeah don't laugh it isn't that rare but it is one of my favorite items. Has the sticker sheet intact. I also enjoy my Working Designs collection (still have some more to complete the collection).

And then items - I have almost every TZD catalog, and random catalogs that were ever mailed to me. I also have a couple Turbo magazines, and even Video Games and Computer Entertainment magazines with reviews on old school games like Bonk's Adventure, Cadash, Military Madness, etc. Someday I should scan and post that stuff....it is funny to read those old turbo reviews.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Duo_R

The exact reason I sold Bonk 3. Before looking on ebay it was just another random game. Then I realized I had $350 just sitting there in a jewel case... and cashed it in!!!

Quote from: Digi.k on 09/08/2008, 07:17 AMOMG i want that idol master 360 set!! GIB RARZ NAO!!!  (sorry thats how they kinda speak on phantasy star universe)...

This used to be my rarest saturn game till I sold it a few years back on ebay... one of those games where you don't play it because you're afraid to scratch the disc.. I decided that was crazy thinking and off to ebay it went...
/DSC01818.jpg

now I just have a few rare stuff

Arkhan Asylum

I hate you all!

>_< lol

is Phantasy Star Universe still a hacked joke of an online game? lol

Duo_R

This is on the way from Japan....

/c0418a.JPG
/c0418b.JPG

SignOfZeta

I pre-ordered that SFC controller from NCS almost a year ago and it just never came. I never got an email or anything. Kind of miffed about that, actually.
IMG

Duo_R

NCS - one of the places that were selling it? I am stoked on getting this, and of course I am going to have to peek under the hood since no one is posting that (who cares about Youtube videos on opening the package, I want to see the internals).

SignOfZeta

Well they claimed to be one of the places selling it. I'm pretty sure they mentioned getting the Mario Galaxy OST, which was also a Club Nintendo exclusive, but I never saw this pad on their daily news update. I suppose I should call them and ask them. Sometimes things happen and shipments show up super late.
IMG

drdre

I posted on the 'other systems you play' thread, so I feel like I should elaborate on my rare/favorite games....
SNES:  Complete Chrono Trigger/Complete Earthbound
Genesis:  Musha (seismic version)
FDS:  Otocky/ Arumana no Kiseki
PC-FX:  Zenki FX
Duo:  Kaze Kiri, Dracula X
Saturn:  Panzer Dragoon Saga, Dungeons & Dragons Collection
N64:  Sin & Punishment
3DO:  Pyramid Intruder
Virtual Boy:  Insmouse no Yakata
Sega CD:  Snatcher (U.S.)
Dreamcast:  Power Stone 2/Gunbird 2/Marvel Vs. Capcom
Playstation:  I dunno, probably one of the many, many RPG's I have

mobiusclimber

Gotta say, you guys have got some great collections!

I posted most of this on the "Systems You Own" thread but...

1) Final Fantasy II Wonder Swan box set. It even has the cell phone strap.
2) Kenshin Dragon Quest. It's a sword and shield that plugs into your tv. The shield is like a wireless device that sends a signal to the sword, like the Wii and a Wiimote.
3) PC-Engine CD. Even tho I haven't gotten it to full work yet! :)
4) Sega CD-X. It looks like a space ship with the 32X sitting on top of it.
5) My Japanese games. Stuff like Bahamut Lagoon (cib), Lady Stalker (cib), Fantastic Night Dreams Cotton (cib), Phantasy Star Adventure, etc etc.
6) Dragon warrior I - IV on the NES, including complete DWI & III.

Ratix

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/07/2008, 12:16 PMThis is my rarest game:
dracxhu1.jpg
are you for real?

also here's a few things i got
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
while most games i got are not really rare i do find them to be quite fun. blaster master is indeed rare to me because its a special version
IMG

Joe Redifer

What's the game on the PCB above the Special Version of Blaster Master?

Ratix

thats IS blaster master outside the case. i didn't think it'd take up the whole NES cart. not many games i know took up that much room.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Any in-game differences between it and the real version?

Ratix

level select and i think i noticed a in-game sprite being all jacked up.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Nice!  I could use a level select in that game if not only to record the great music.

drdre

Quote from: Ratix on 09/24/2008, 04:13 PM
dracxhu1.jpg
are you for real?

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
while most games i got are not really rare i do find them to be quite fun. blaster master is indeed rare to me because its a special version
How is Lagrange Point?  Do you need to know alot of japanese?

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2008, 05:07 AMis Phantasy Star Universe still a hacked joke of an online game? lol
How do you mean Hacked ? O-o i know its had some glitches that people exploited but these have been patched but its never been hacked like the old Phantasy Star Online days.. some people have claimed that they got their accounts hacked but I think they were idiot enough to have been fooled to give out their gamertag login details away..

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: drdre on 09/25/2008, 11:18 AM
dracxhu1.jpg
are you for real?

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Lagrange Point is VERY good, and yes you have to know it, I made a vid of the first 15 minutes of it on YouTube, and I knew a little bit enough to add captions to the video of items I picked up.

And I recognize Ratix! I saw his videos on YouTube where he got the VRC7 to sing through an NES.

guyjin

Quoting this again, just because I can and because everyone else is.
Page stretching GO!

dracxhu1.jpg
are you for real?

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Turbo D

Quote from: guyjin on 09/25/2008, 07:11 PM
Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 09/25/2008, 05:49 PM
Quote from: drdre on 09/25/2008, 11:18 AM
dracxhu1.jpg
are you for real?

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Lagrange Point is VERY good, and yes you have to know it, I made a vid of the first 15 minutes of it on YouTube, and I knew a little bit enough to add captions to the video of items I picked up.

And I recognize Ratix! I saw his videos on YouTube where he got the VRC7 to sing through an NES.
Quoting this again, just because I can and because everyone else is.
Page stretching GO!
I'll join in! I'm always up for a good page stretchin'. Arggh! ( like a pirate for some reason, lol!)  :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Digi.k on 09/25/2008, 11:31 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/09/2008, 05:07 AMis Phantasy Star Universe still a hacked joke of an online game? lol
How do you mean Hacked ? O-o i know its had some glitches that people exploited but these have been patched but its never been hacked like the old Phantasy Star Online days.. some people have claimed that they got their accounts hacked but I think they were idiot enough to have been fooled to give out their gamertag login details away..
From what I understand, the PC/PS2 servers are lost, but the 360 version is just fine.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!