@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Is fast food just a little unhealthy or could it put you in the hospital?

Started by Shrapnoid, 02/04/2012, 07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soop

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 11:20 AMI like meat too much to be a tree hugger.

Corndogs and chicken wings = success.  Vegetarians are idiots.
Dude, it's vegans I can't stand.  I had what pretty much amounts a flame war on my friends facebook wall. She's a vegan and so are her friends, and they were being all high and mighty about how superior and good they all were.  Dicks.  I pointed out a huge list of things that meant they were all going to hell, including bottled water, cocacola, driving a car, owning and consumer electronics or cheap clothing, Nikes, drug use etc.

It was as close as you can get to punching someone through the internet.  God they pissed me off.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Arkhan Asylum

I think vegetarians / vegans in general are just stupid.  We are made foar teh meats.  We have teeth for it.  We've been eating it since forever.

That's fine, though.  They can be retards all they want.  More steak for me.

But what you just described, that is when I really hate a vegan/vegetarian.  Eat what you want but don't preach to me that I'm a murderer for eating a cow.  That high and mighty vegan foofoo crap makes me really annoyed.

I usually tell these idiots to go tell Mr. Lion that they don't eat meat.  I'm sure he'll appreciate your stupidity as he claws your face and eats your insides.

then I tell them bunnies are decapitated by those things that harvest shit out in fields.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Shrapnoid

Quote from: soop on 02/06/2012, 11:31 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 11:20 AMI like meat too much to be a tree hugger.

Corndogs and chicken wings = success.  Vegetarians are idiots.
Dude, it's vegans I can't stand.  I had what pretty much amounts a flame war on my friends facebook wall. She's a vegan and so are her friends, and they were being all high and mighty about how superior and good they all were.  Dicks.  I pointed out a huge list of things that meant they were all going to hell, including bottled water, cocacola, driving a car, owning and consumer electronics or cheap clothing, Nikes, drug use etc.

It was as close as you can get to punching someone through the internet.  God they pissed me off.
There are some people that just wont listen but, I wouldn't say that all vegans are generally bad. Some of them may honestly believe that they're doing something worth while.
It's when they go in to stores and start slapping little stickers on meat products that read "Animals suffered to make this product" that I draw the line.

Seriously. This happened at the Super Wal-Mart Center just up the road a few years ago.
I took some of the stickers home with me and put them on my bicycle.
Even the butcher in the grocery department had them stuck on his hat.

soop

Shrapnoid

Quote from: soop on 02/06/2012, 11:57 AMHah, awesome.  You should have stuck one on a dog.
Dude, you just made me laugh so hard, I sprayed spittle on my monitor.
Now I have to go get something to wipe it off with.

Arkhan Asylum

vegan food is ok sometimes, but it's usually served by some loud mouth chick in a tablecloth dress, preaching about how cows are mistreated.

They were protesting at a concert once, against KFC.

and talked about cows.

I said "the C stands for CHICKEN, not cow.  You're all dumb!"

then we ordered some KFC and convinced them to deliver it to the venue.  We ate KFC while watching the anti KFC video.

lulz were had.

tears were shed.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

soop

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 12:02 PMthen we ordered some KFC and convinced them to deliver it to the venue.  We ate KFC while watching the anti KFC video.
Dude, that's amazing.  I award you an internet :D

Burnt Lasagna

This entire thread just makes me think of this song...
Gatto go finish up my tub of lard now.
IMG
I've been putting off eating the rest for to long. Thanks to this thread for reminding me :wink:
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 11:13 AMAll those health fads are annoying.  I like when fat vegetarians tell me that McDonalds is going to make me fat.  Eating vegetables covered in ranch dressing and cheese is just as bad, dumbshits.  That's why you're a 300lb vegetarian.

I just eat healthy during the week...usually it's like tuna, fruits, salady crap, soup whatnot.  It's all pretty decent.

the weekends:  Twinkies, slim jims, beefaroni, big macs, whatever.  Usually ends up being Rally's or Taco Bell.  I don't binge eat the stuff, I just go out and get enough to stop making me hungry.

Bottled water is stupid.  I like drinking metal.

I also exercise enough to make me not worry.  I'm at the age where I don't have to quite yet, but might as well get a head start.
I agree with everything you just said.

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/06/2012, 11:02 AMThis is insane.  I hit my late 20s - say 28 and was just sick of being overweight.  Cutting Soda was an EPIC win.  I dropped 20 lbs within two months, then kicked in some exercise (nothing crazy) and am proud to say I'm in the best shape of my life!!  My diet is also very similar to yours.......  However, I do splurge with the occasional Subway Tuna Sammich  ;)

It's like we're twins BR!
Lol. Crazy isn't it?

-----

And regarding vegans, I know some who wear wool and aren't B7 deficient. Yes, some, perhaps MANY annoying-ass wingers are SO obsessed with animal rights and the ethics of eating meat, and wear nothing but annoying rayon/polyester jumpsuits and throw PETA literature into your minivan when they pass you on the freeway. Some do it because it because of severe food allergies, and could care less, some because they have to work with animals and it grosses them out, and some do it because it because of the positive energy benefits like training for a marathon or having a low-energy impact on the environment.

I say fuck it. If it makes you feel good, do it. For my uncle, that was red meat 3 days a week, half a pack of luckies and 2 scotch hi-balls a night.

Arkhan Asylum

/404835_2491700623670_1587395150_31746780_1440147524_n.jpg

I'm cool with vegetarians/vegans with real reasons for doing it.

Wanting to preach like a pretentious sperm burper is not a real reason.

I know this girl that doesn't eat meat because she gets sick when she does.  So she just eats vegetables and shit.  Sometimes she'll eat meat, and be like FUCK.  DAMNIT. 

HercTNT

what do you call a vegetarian with the flu?..............................  A SALAD SHOOTER!!!  Whoo hoo.......yipee...........eh..........er...nevermind. Yea, i have no problem with how anyone lives their lives as long as they are not trying to push it on me. A friend of mine used to tell me he would pray for me because I did not believe in god and someone had to save my soul. Those kinds are one of the few people that can actually get under my skin, and yet we were still friends. I tolerated it, sometimes.

Zeta, i dont disagree with you at all, but i'm honestly not sure what you said has to do with my point. My point in a nutshell is that it concerns me that some foods have added chemicals to improve shelf life and appearance that go beyond whats printed on the label. Often we dont find out about them until they cause anal leakage, or cancer.  Yes, just about anything can be bad for you if not used or eaten properly. Thats not the same thing though as really nasty chemicals thrown into food for who knows what reason.  Is it your opinion that Ammonia Hydroxide is no big deal? Does it bother you at all that Europe wont allow Mcdonalds to put that crap in their food, but our FDA will?  I have a feeling a happy meal wont look so pristine 6 months later once you remove whats basically a bleaching agent.

SignOfZeta

Whatever McD puts in their fries, they don't do it to "improve shelf life". The fries there only sit in the fry thing for a max of 15 minutes or so. A jug of factory farm milk at the grocery store has WAY more completely fucked up chemicals in it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be concerned about food, I'm saying that unless you are informed and on-topic you're just going to eat your way on a wild goose chase. Bullshit is bullshit, period.
IMG

HercTNT

Right, i agree with that. I have a few friends around here that will only eat "organic" food because its gonna protect them from disease. It drives me batty because the definition of organic varies so much depending on whats being grown, and were its being grown. Not all of it is as pure as they think it is just because its labeled organic.

soop

I have to say, one thing I tend to notice the difference in that respect is dairy products.  I hardly ever drink organic milk, though I have done, and it is stronger, a hint grassier (not necessarily a good thing - I can only stand skimmed milk, which tastes quite weak), but definitely free range organic eggs over here tend to taste much richer - a really good thing if you're making pasta or an ommelette.

Chickens too tend to taste much nicer the better they've lived (and the more expensive they are)

HercTNT

I will take your word for it. I used to live on a diary farm and we raised chickens. I could not tell the difference.

soop

Quote from: HercTNT on 02/07/2012, 07:12 AMI will take your word for it. I used to live on a diary farm and we raised chickens. I could not tell the difference.
Is that in terms of eggs or chickens?  I guess it may be because you've never had really bad side.  Incidentally, the FDA insists on washing eggs which we don't in this country, which is why you guys have to store your eggs in the Fridge (we don't).

It may be because I have a good pallete (especially for a smoker), but eggs and chickens = massive difference when it comes to organic + free range Vs battery.

When it comes to organic veg though there's little difference - and I don't mean vs home-grown, which doesn't have the same checks, and things like strawberrys and tomatoes can be fresher, but that an organic supermarket leek compared to a regular supermarket leek are the same damn flavour.

Shrapnoid

True, you aren't likely to find real organic food in a grocery store. You're better off sticking with some heirloom seeds and your own garden, to help avoid the gmo crap.

As far as milk goes, I've read enough and seen enough videos that, I believe that pasteurization, and homogenization kills lactase.

Lactase has been proven to make some people who are lactose intolerant, healthier and even able to tolerate some commercial dairy products.

Okay. You can scream at me now.

HercTNT

I have no idea honestly, I just may not be able to taste the difference. I'm not saying there isnt one, i may not be able to tell. some people have better senses. I have had fresh chicken and store bought, i have had fresh eggs and store bought. They taste the same to me.  Milk on the other hand is a whole different animal (sorry bad pun). Fresh milk is completely different then what you get in the store. I think the culprit is pasteurization. we pasteurize everything over here and it makes it taste like poo. imported cheese is way better tasting than domestic cheese in my opinion for example.

Arkhan Asylum

Organic food is bullshit.  Gimme the chemically altered stuff.  I want to grow extra limbs.

I ate organic steak one time.   Yknow what it tasted like?

Outback Steakhouse.   

"ohhh but the cow got to eat grass and wander around"

that's nice.  Then it got shot in the forehead and sliced up.  What's the difference.  How nice you treat the cow doesn't matter if you're blasting its brains all over a barn wall.  It's more like teasing the thing.  "Here have a nice life so I can unload my 12 gauge into your face in a month"

and free range chickens.  It's an egg.  it comes out of the chicken either way.   Let it run around and peck grass.  Feed it fist fulls of seeds in a barn.  Who cares.  It's an egg.   They all taste the same.  I've tried them all.  Amish eggs, organic (theyre all organic. aren't they?!), ones from the discount food marts.   They all taste like eggs.  Whoop. dee. doo.   The only difference is, the eggs from Save A Lot cost like 30 cents for 900 of them.   The stupid organic ones are like 30$ for half a carton.  Once you launch them into a pan they all taste the same.  Salty / Garlicky, and then ketchupy when you dip it in the catsoup.

Organic milk is dumb.  I want Dairymens blue-cap milk with nesquik in it.  Screw this silky soy jive. 

Foofoo expensive organic food is a waste of money.  My friends mom buys organic black pepper.  ITS BLACK PEPPER.

6$ for a frigging shaker of this crap. 

Shrapnoid

soop

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/07/2012, 09:31 AMWell, you know what they say... You *are* what you eat.
Hahah, touché!

On the steak note Arkhan, a lot of Americans dislike the taste of European beef because ours are predominantly grass fed rather than corn fed.

But Ketchup on an ommelette?!  Bleagh!

And I don't know about organic pepper, but fresh cracked > that dust crap

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/07/2012, 09:31 AMWell, you know what they say... You *are* what you eat.
I am not beefaroni.

I don't like European beef because it calls me a cunt every time I try to cook it!

soop

NecroPhile

So that's why people keep calling me a pussy.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2012, 11:48 AMI think vegetarians / vegans in general are just stupid.  We are made foar teh meats.  We have teeth for it.  We've been eating it since forever.

That's fine, though.  They can be retards all they want.  More steak for me.

But what you just described, that is when I really hate a vegan/vegetarian.  Eat what you want but don't preach to me that I'm a murderer for eating a cow.  That high and mighty vegan foofoo crap makes me really annoyed.

I usually tell these idiots to go tell Mr. Lion that they don't eat meat.  I'm sure he'll appreciate your stupidity as he claws your face and eats your insides.

then I tell them bunnies are decapitated by those things that harvest shit out in fields.
(1) We, as humans, are perfectly designed killing machines. Evolution has perfected every aspect of our physical and structure to intelligently and swiftly kill our opponents, be they human, animal, mineral, or ephemeral.

It is perfectly natural to kill, and I hate how society ("morality") constrains and oppresses my natural right to kill. I mean, some people are REALLY ANNOYING. I should be able to eradicate them, as the Daleks say, on mere whim.

(2) Humans, as social creatures, are perfectly designed to be fodder for the cruelest and most cunning exploiters. We are designed to be exploited. We exist to be exploited. How dare you, Arkhan, invoke BULLS*T notions of "justice" when you are treated unfairly. Life is not fair. That's the point. And you have no right to expect anything but exploitation.

(3) Smile :)

(4) Seriously, though, I'm not going to preach to meat-eaters. But don't call me an idiot or a douchebag, either. Let's have some mutual respect.

(5) Back on topic: I don't think it is good to have too much fast-food. As Zeta said, a balanced diet (the fresher, less poisoned the ingredients, the better) is the most important thing. Certainly enjoy some fast-food if you like it (life should be enjoyed :) ), but don't be completely irresponsible about your diet.

(6) I think I can speak for all vegetarians/vegans when I say that Burgertime! is still an awesome game, we are not offended when Simon Belmont grabs a drumstick, etc.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SignOfZeta

Yeah, human teeth indicate that we are obviously designed to eat meat. However human teeth evolved when rape and murder were a daily normal occurrence and the average life span was 15. Its called "progress".

As for organic stuff: Its depressing that the legal definition of organic is so loose in the US. You can't count on it to mean as much as you'd like. When it comes to milk though there is a HUGE fucking difference. Factory farm milk has an expiration date of about 2 weeks after you buy it. Organic milk is 4-6 weeks, and even at that point it smells more fresh. This is *without* antibiotics and drugged up cows. Obviously if the factory farm milk rots three times as fast, despite being pumped full of drugs, something is wrong.

I won't go into the details, look it up yourself, but there really is some wrong shut about factory farm milk. The cows' utters are so oversized the milk is already spoiling in the cow, so they have to pump it full of drugs to keep the milk from being really bad right away. Once the milk leaves the cow though they can't control this fucked up process so it starts to rot right away. Once you've gotten used to organic milk, a fresh jug of factory farm milk smells weird to you even if it just came off the truck.

The eggs, I can't tell the difference. I do buy them though.
IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/07/2012, 01:25 PMYeah, human teeth indicate that we are obviously designed to eat meat. However human teeth evolved when rape and murder were a daily normal occurrence and the average life span was 15. Its called "progress".
The human body is a pretty good indicator.  On one hand, we still have a few canine teeth, on the other, our colons are so long that meat starts to rot before it reaches the other end (apparently the Inuit actually have shorter colons from their dependency on meat).  Ideally, humans are probably supposed to eat nuts and fruit and once in a while get lucky and kill something.

I don't eat much meat because I don't like our production system.  That said, I can understand Arkhan's and others' contempt for vegans/vegies:  the last wave of dreadlocked, judgmental, anthropomorphizing college students we saw in the early-to-mid 00's were so insufferable they probably caused the current pro-meat backlash.  Hipsters proudly eat at McDonalds again, veggie pizza is hard to find, and foofoo wine bistros sell hamburgers for $15.
Topic Adjourned.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guestOrganic food is bullshit.
^This.  Anyone who thinks that organic food will magically make them better is full of it.  Full of what, you ask?

QuoteYou *are* what you eat.
Then you *are* bullshit.  Your body is pretty damn versatile in what it can accept and use to make the proper fuel we need out of.  If someone wants to be a vegetarian because they don't like the taste of meat, then that's cool.  But if someone is doing it for the supposed health benefits, then screw them!  Vegetarian Woody Harrelson, for example, says things like "Every time I ate a burger, I'd get so tired."  No, you idiot!  You got tired because you smoked a pound of weed every two hours.  

I like fruits and a few vegetables, but to be honest, I very rarely eat them.  Usually it is meat, processed sugar, fast food and other pure crap.  I certainly could be more healthy but I'm still under 200 pounds at 6 feet tall.  A little more exercise and a touch less food intake (not much) and I'd be in prime damn shape.  Laziness is the biggest factor here, not what foods I am eating.

Bernie

SNKNostalgia

Sadly I have been gaining weight slowly due to age, diet and mostly physical inactivity. I have been eating more healthy but my age and inactivity outweighs it literally. Winter time, bummed foot for the past 6 months has kept me from being able to get to it with the exercising like I want. I almost never eat fast food on a regular basis.

I may get a Papa Johns pizza once every 6 weeks or eat a few tacos from Taco Bell late night every 2 weeks. Those are usually due to no groceries in my fridge or I am too lazy that particular time to cook a meal. I generally eat low-fat food for the most part, but it is impossible to avoid it really without completely changing what I eat. Giving up a little butter on my veggies is just damn hard for me. I really don't use that much, but it still takes its toll.

HercTNT

You know Zeta, you make a really good point about the milk. Despite all the stuff they pump into regular milk, that stuff has a very short shelf life.  Its the exact opposite of the happy meal.  There is one good outcome. You look at all the growth hormones they shove in that stuff and look at how the girls are developing these days, Yikes!!.  When I was in high school there was a two or three girls with big boobs and curvy bodies. Now they all look that way!

On a lighter note, we have alot of anti hunters in my area.  They crack me up. These people we deal with have a huge problem with you going out and shooting a turkey with a bow and arrow. They see hunting as horrible mistreatment of animals. Then on thanksgiving they go down to the grocery store and buy one and cook it up. Translation (If i dont know how it died, then its ok to eat it. If you want to go out and kill one, your evil)

blueraven

Gogan

I won't eat anything my dog wont eat. He hates mcD's fries. If a DOG won't eat it, it can't be good for you.

That said, I won't everything my dog does eat.

You wanna be healthy? Get off your ass and exercise.  Take all food in moderation. It's not difficult to do, but people are fuckin lazy.
Nothin beats the real thing.

Arkhan Asylum

Gogan

Quote from: guest on 02/10/2012, 01:07 PMmy dog eats its own poop and wont eat grapes.
Lol. Same here! But if I peel it, he eats em up. He eats used tampons from the garbage too.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gogan on 02/10/2012, 01:04 PMI won't eat anything my dog wont eat. He hates mcD's fries. If a DOG won't eat it, it can't be good for you.
I don't know about that.  My long gone doggie wouldn't eat any fresh veggie or fruit (except bananas).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gogan

Quote from: guest on 02/10/2012, 01:11 PM
Quote from: Gogan on 02/10/2012, 01:04 PMI won't eat anything my dog wont eat. He hates mcD's fries. If a DOG won't eat it, it can't be good for you.
I don't know about that.  My long gone doggie wouldn't eat any fresh veggie or fruit (except bananas).
I know, don't take it as gospel, but it's interesting, cuzfries taste really good, so you would think he'd mow em down. Lots o fruits n veggies don't have much of a smell, which I would think is why they are turned off by it.

RIP necro's dog

Arkhan Asylum

my dogs wont eat anything thats juicy.  If they bite and it sprays/squirts/goes all gooey, they spit it out and walk away.

I gave them both those little red tomatoes one time

that was a mess

Gogan

Haha, mine stole a taco off my plate as I went to get something to drink. He knew it was wrong, so ate it really fast while I was out of the room.  I put REALLY hot sauce on my tacos, so he learned his lesson there.

guyjin

Quote from: guest on 02/10/2012, 01:11 PMI don't know about that.  My long gone doggie wouldn't eat any fresh veggie or fruit (except bananas).
My late Sadie would eat anything -except- bananas, and peas. Once we put a single pea in a bowl full of mashed potatoes and gravy (one of her favorite table scraps). The bowl was licked clean, except for that single pea.
She'd also delicately take the silverware off a plate if you 'served' it to her that way.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guest on 02/10/2012, 01:11 PMI don't know about that.  My long gone doggie wouldn't eat any fresh veggie or fruit (except bananas).
For a very brief instant, I read this as "My long gone doggie wouldn't eat any fresh vagina..."

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/10/2012, 06:21 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/10/2012, 01:11 PMI don't know about that.  My long gone doggie wouldn't eat any fresh veggie or fruit (except bananas).
For a very brief instant, I read this as "My long gone doggie wouldn't eat any fresh vagina..."
HAHAHAHAHAH!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Starfighter

As have been said. Fast food is not very healthy, but that's it.

But our different food industries are the center of many relevant issues so it makes me wonder what more the "people who doesn't give a fuck", doesn't give a fuck about. I take ignorance as a sign of weakness. Play hard, think hard. Drink hard. Hehe.