RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

Damn you're almost starting to remind me of Helgeson, but he pulls it off better and doesn't sound butthurt doing it.

I respond very well to constructive criticism.  I get it all the time.  But yours basically boils down to an angry "u don't no how 2 pronounse granzort u suk u call urslef a mod lol u should no better lol u suk".  So yeah, don't watch the show because a viewer like you is not someone I care about. I honestly do not care what you, Arkhan, personally think.

PS - I don't know how much of the show you've seen but we've made fun of our delivery A LOT during several different episodes.  We keep getting subscribers.  I get people volunteering to send me stuff for the show so I must be doing something right.  Sorry if that flares up your hemorrhoids.

I'll stop feeding the troll now.

Arkhan Asylum

Remind me not to give JoeRedifer free games anymore.

What I said on AtariAge wasn't even angry.  I even separated the nitpicking.  Hell, what I said *HERE* was pretty tame too.   It was just *my* opinion of your show.  There aren't even any "Fucks" in it.   I think you're letting your bias towards me cause you to misinterpret anything I say to you as an attempt to piss you off. 

Quote from: Me on AtariAgeffs, who owns a Jaguar and doesn't own Doom for it?!

and, who doesn't own Battle Ace with a Super Grafx?! FFS! Par for the course, I guess.

Battle Ace isn't great, but it doesn't suck. It's snappy, has nice visuals, and sweet music. It's worth checking out, especially since you already dropped enough to get a SGX in the first place. Do yourself a favor and buy it. I got a copy for like 5 bucks.

The Jaguar is worth it for Defender and Tempest alone. There are enough other games that make it worth owning, much like the Super Grafx.

Try the Jaguar with a pro controller. It's way better.

I found the Flashback portion to be a waste of potential in the video. "Duh duh, it doesn't look any better than the 16-bit ones". It's a port. Not a remake. What'd you want them to do, redo all of the graphics?

Nitpicking:

You mispronounced Madou / Mado O (you can put the lines over the Os.). I expected better. Also, you mispronounced Tramiel. Get with it!

Just a question now, are you guys ever going to do videos where it doesn't sound like you're reading off of cue cards..? Everything sounds fake and forced. Like those videos Gamestop puts out. The video is great, except for the commentary. The flashback part sounded so goony it reminded me of Billy Madison when he talks about Donkey Kong with the little kids.

"I disagree! While Flashback is great, I think Blackthorne is a much better game", or something.

Tempest haters.
You, or Dave (I'm not sure who originally replied), felt the need to cry about it and say I am trolling, because I posted it on two forums.  With different audiences.  This is what you get for being a dipshit.  Now you get the angry (if its even angry?  I think it's more like "Wow, Joe Redifer is a dumbass") stuff.

That's cool you don't care what I think.  At least I can pronounce Tramiel.

That seems to be your modus operandi:   Say/do clueless or stupid shit, get mad when people point it out and laugh at you, tell those people you ain't give no fucks cause you're a GAME SACKER.

If you think my original post is angry or whatever, I fall back to my original statement that you are a pussy.

Anyway, that's cool you get subscribers.  I was just offering my opinion.  You don't have to listen.  You'd be wise to at least take away from this whole trainwreck that you now learned how to pronounce a word properly for future reference.

I watch your videos without watching them.  So, headphones + do other shit while you two ramble.  So, I don't catch everything on the first pass, and sometimes don't enjoy the video enough to watch again.

Plus, I figured you at least owned a SGX. 
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

Joe, I demand credit for your new avatar, you picture stealing shmuck.

Actually, I don't know who it goes to.

I have no idea who made it.  Someone did it in the shoutbox.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jeffhlewis

I enjoy the show guys - the production is fantastic. You had me at "Jet Set Radio Bitches...in your face"

Joe Redifer

OK Arkhan, thanks for the avatar!  I think it's hilarious!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/21/2012, 05:57 PMOK Arkhan, thanks for the avatar!  I think it's hilarious!
Credit goes to Elabit, I believe.  He made it, I kept it.

lol

blueraven

I wuz gonna troll, but Joe Red beat me to it.

Tatsujin

ARE YOU A TROLL?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

blueraven

nah, Joe already threw a bucket of water on the fireworks.

Tatsujin

Darn, wet fireworks, that sucks big balls.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Bernie

Did someone calleth me?! 
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

STAB JOEDO SACKINS.  HE HAS THE RING.

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 06/22/2012, 10:08 AMSTAB JOEDO SACKINS.  HE HAS THE RING.
ROFL

ONE SONIC RING TO RULE ALL OF TURBOLAND.

Arkhan Asylum

ONE W-RING TO BIND THEM

Opethian

In the Land of Obeydor where Shadow of the Beast lies
IMG

DragonmasterDan

I just saw the newest video. Good pick on Bubsy 3D, I've long bandied it as being one of the worst games ever.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/01/2012, 08:18 PMI just saw the newest video. Good pick on Bubsy 3D, I've long bandied it as being one of the worst games ever.
Yep looks like Joe's slackin' again. Here is the new episode of GameSack.

Game Sack - Western-Developed Games
I really need to track down that Lomax game for the PS1!

Having a soundtrack that is a fave of mine, Marble Madness was a always a headache for me to play on the compilations. Looks like I need to track down a copy of the NES version.

ANd....

I am still laughing at the Dave White game!

roflmao

That Dave White game was hilarious. :)

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 07/01/2012, 10:29 PMHaving a soundtrack that is a fave of mine, Marble Madness was a always a headache for me to play on the compilations. Looks like I need to track down a copy of the NES version.
How about of tracking down the PCE prototype for real obeyance?

Joe Redifer

Shit yeah!  And then giving me the ROM and I'll get a Turbob Everdrive and have a Marble Madness awesome-a-thon.  Just got the ROM for the Japanese Tengen Marble Madness for the Mega Drive.  Gonna play it in a few.

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/01/2012, 11:12 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/01/2012, 10:29 PMHaving a soundtrack that is a fave of mine, Marble Madness was a always a headache for me to play on the compilations. Looks like I need to track down a copy of the NES version.
How about of tracking down the PCE prototype for real obeyance?
I completely and totally forgot about the prototype. With it being originally a western developed game would you think the proto was actually meant for the TurboGrafx?

Tatsujin

very much possible.

Samurai Ghost

Awesome episode as usual!! Since I moved back to the US I've been buying a lot of the western developed games I dont have or werent released in Japan. Saved me a few bucks helping me avoid buying a few stinkers and inspired me to pick up a few more. So we're even I guess.

And I need a copy of Dave White Forever!! Releasing a Genesis version?

Mathius

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 07/02/2012, 01:47 AMAnd I need a copy of Dave White Forever!! Releasing a Genesis version?
I am sure they will. The SNES version will have to have the violence toned down.

Can you find the blood code in the Genesis version?

DrBread

I started watching this series about last week now I'm hooked. It's so great!
I really like video games...

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Mathius on 07/02/2012, 10:01 AMThe SNES version will have to have the violence toned down.
Not only that but when you start each stage it will zoom in just like Super Mario World zooms in at the beginning of each stage. ZOOOOOOOOM!  At least the magazines of the day called that effect zooming.

JoshTurboTrollX

dave white forever!! haha!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/02/2012, 05:10 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/02/2012, 10:01 AMThe SNES version will have to have the violence toned down.
Not only that but when you start each stage it will zoom in just like Super Mario World zooms in at the beginning of each stage. ZOOOOOOOOM!  At least the magazines of the day called that effect zooming.
Haha!

How about an Actraiser-like rotational zoom starting from high above the earth, then spiraling down into a pixelated Dave head? This, of course, would be accompanied by emotionally epic chip music.

JoshTurboTrollX

Great episode, I enjoyed the parts about Earthworm Jim.  I actually prefer the SNES/Gens versions over the Saturn one.  Mainly looking at the bouncing puppy stage and the graphics.  The SNES version has amazing scaling effects that they totally removed from the Saturn version.  What gives?

Another great episode.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

The Saturn version wasn't developed by Shiny.  As I was looking at the side-by-side I started to like the Genesis and SNES versions better myself.

Joe Redifer

Ji-L87

Nice shots of the LaserActive at the end :P

Edit:
You said that the Sega module could sound distorted when taxed sometimes but, I'm just wondering, how does the Sega module compare to the infamous Mega drive/Genesis II in general sound-wise? Just curious.
And did you notice anything of the sort with the NEC module?
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Joe Redifer

The sound generally seems pretty good unless you have it near a CRT.  At least I can only assume that was the issue.  Otherwise I didn't notice anything really objectionable in the sound.  It might be like a good Genesis 2 that's prone to RF interference.  The PC Engine PAC sounds fine from what I can tell as well.  Both output better composite video than the composite on the regular systems, but it's still composite.

Ji-L87

Alright, thanks for clearing that up : D
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 07/12/2012, 02:22 AMAlright, thanks for clearing that up : D
I've noticed with the Sega PAC there is a difference in color separation. Playing Aladdin on the LA compared to any of the Genesis configurations I have causes Aladdin to look quite a bit different.
--DragonmasterDan

VenomMacbeth

I know you guys get a slew of suggestions & whatnot, but I thought of something I'd like to see.

You should do an episode on mech games.  Who doesn't love giant robots blowing up shit?  I know you've already covered MUSHA, but you could do Metal Warriors, Cybernator/Assault Suits Valken, the Virtual-On games, Omega Boost...I can't think of any other notable ones at the moment but I'm sure there are more.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Ji-L87

^
Metal Wolf Chaos for the original Xbox! :lol:
CHECKPOINT!

Joe Redifer

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/15/2012, 08:36 PMNew episode:

Left in the Arcade
Good episode i've all ready list a few games that i wished had a console port.

By the way ever hear of demon front !? Think of it as i.g.s take on metal slug.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

VenomMacbeth

If you guys were ever willing to do an episode on shooters, SMS/GG vs NES style, I'd be willing to loan you some games (if you don't already have them, of course.)  Games like Recca, Crisis Force, Gradius II, and Tetrastar on the FC.  I also have Sagaia on the SMS, if you don't already have it, and an SMS repro of GG Aleste II.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Joe Redifer

Awesome, we'll keep that in mind.  It's a subject I'd definitely like to do.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/11/2012, 06:31 PMThe sound generally seems pretty good unless you have it near a CRT.  At least I can only assume that was the issue.  Otherwise I didn't notice anything really objectionable in the sound.  It might be like a good Genesis 2 that's prone to RF interference.  The PC Engine PAC sounds fine from what I can tell as well.  Both output better composite video than the composite on the regular systems, but it's still composite.
This seems to be a common issue amongst Sega PAC users.  I have no idea why, but it does seem to be environmental.  Somehow distortion is picked up.  Every sega PAC I've used (dozens!) has had the same issue.  It doesnt matter if you've replaced the caps in them or not, the problem is still there.  I'll notice the issue when I run a laseractive in one room but it goes away if i move the unit to another room.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SuperDeadite

Probably just interference.  There is pretty much zero shielding in them besides the PAC case itself.  And with so much jammed into that tiny PAC, really could have used a shielding plate between the boards imo.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/18/2012, 01:25 AMIf you guys were ever willing to do an episode on shooters, SMS/GG vs NES style, I'd be willing to loan you some games (if you don't already have them, of course.)  Games like Recca, Crisis Force, Gradius II, and Tetrastar on the FC.  I also have Sagaia on the SMS, if you don't already have it, and an SMS repro of GG Aleste II. 
Yeah this would be an awesome episode! Anyone have a copy of Power Strike II?

TR0N

Joe has the latest episode up now the madness know as fmv games  :shock: :shock:
IMG

DragonmasterDan

So is 32-bit FMV madness coming in two weeks? 3DO and CD-I stuff?
--DragonmasterDan

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: TR0N on 07/29/2012, 08:08 AMJoe has the latest episode up now the madness know as fmv games  :shock: :shock:
Wirehead is so underrated!  LOVE THAT GAME!!

TR0N

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/29/2012, 10:20 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 07/29/2012, 08:08 AMJoe has the latest episode up now the madness know as fmv games  :shock: :shock:
Wirehead is so underrated!  LOVE THAT GAME!!
I admit to liking some of the animated ones but that's far as it go's.Though it's some thing,how night trap became a cult classic for being such a bad game.
IMG

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: TR0N on 07/29/2012, 08:08 AMJoe has the latest episode up now the madness know as fmv games  :shock: :shock:
Holy crap, best ending ever!!

TR0N

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 07/30/2012, 03:12 AM
Holy crap, best ending ever!!
I found it hilarious as well.Still it's a shame that fmv was wasted on the sega-cd.If it had more games like sonic-cd,lunar tss&eb,popful mail etc it could have had a better run.
IMG