OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: TR0N on 07/30/2012, 08:27 AM
Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 07/30/2012, 03:12 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 07/29/2012, 08:08 AMJoe has the latest episode up now the madness know as fmv games  :shock: :shock:
Holy crap, best ending ever!!
I found it hilarious as well.Still it's a shame that fmv was wasted on the sega-cd.If it had more games like sonic-cd,lunar tss&eb,popful mail etc it could have had a better run.
There are some decent shooters for the Mega CD in Japan, but I agree. Then again, I can see why they went that route. It was something completely new at the time so they thought they could have a whole new market of interactive media to themselves.

Also, for a future Game Sack episode, how about unlicensed games? I'm not sure how many you guys have in your collection, but I'm always interested in unlicensed and homebrew games and would like to hear your opinions on them.

esteban

I can't wait to watch the latest episode of Game Sack. Where are my damn headphone? I just had them....
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

GohanX

Joe is a better actor than Ghost, confirmed.

Mathius

Great ending!

The rest of the show made me realize how many of these FMV games I actually enjoyed as a kid. Cobra Command was my favorite.

KnightWarrior

I like the ending also

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Mathius on 07/31/2012, 12:30 AMGreat ending!

The rest of the show made me realize how many of these FMV games I actually enjoyed as a kid. Cobra Command was my favorite.
Yeah seeing that one brought back some memories. I had totally forgotten about that game. I also bought Night Trap at full retail price when it came out. I remember playing through it with my dad.

guyjin

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 07/31/2012, 03:49 PMI also bought Night Trap at full retail price when it came out. I remember playing through it with my dad.
First of all, I'm sorry. ;)
Second, how did your dad react to the controversy about it later, given that he played this game with his kid?

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: guyjin on 07/31/2012, 06:37 PM
Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 07/31/2012, 03:49 PMI also bought Night Trap at full retail price when it came out. I remember playing through it with my dad.
First of all, I'm sorry. ;)
Second, how did your dad react to the controversy about it later, given that he played this game with his kid?
I don't know, I don't remember hearing about the controversy at the time. I think my parents figured I was intelligent enough to distinguish a game from reality.

Even then, I still don't think there's anything really objectionable about the content of the game at all (other than the horrible acting, dull gameplay, etc). The whole premise is that you are supposed to be saving these girls from random attackers who will somehow hurt them. The fact that there is a scene or two hinting they will actually get hurt if you fail seems like a no brainer. How else would you be able to make the game? Plus the actual scenes were no worse than anything for some crappy made-for-TV movie at the time, anyway. Just a big part of the whole anti-gaming witch hunt, or some marketing ploy by Nintendo.

TR0N

Game Sack WTF Episode
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

Gamesack Genesis/Mega Drive Shoot'em-Ups
IMG

Ji-L87

Great episode, makes me want an import Mega Drive more than ever *looks at my PAL MD II*
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

KnightWarrior

I didn't know Truxton was on the PC Engine

What's the Japanese name of it??

Joe Redifer

Tatsujin!  It's closer to the arcade and the music is godly.

KnightWarrior

I saw it on ebay and my jaw dropped, Dam

The Earth Defend at 21:58

Look's like it could be done on the Master System

Joe Redifer

Do not insult the Master System!  Same with Xenon 2, actually... with the exception of the multilayered scrolling.

Mathius

Want to know who I heard really did the Thunder Blade port on the Genesis, Joe? Yuji Naka. Seriously.

Looks like I need to quit being lazy and buy Gairies. A damn beautiful game!

Joe Redifer

Yeah I heard the Yuji Naka thing, too!  If that's true he must have hacked that together in a few days for practice or something.

KnightWarrior

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/26/2012, 07:29 PMDo not insult the Master System!  Same with Xenon 2, actually... with the exception of the multilayered scrolling.
I would never insult the Master System in anyway

I was just saying

Joe Redifer

SuperPlay

Still loving Game Sack :-)

Great piece of work.

KnightWarrior

TR0N

Gamesack N64  ](*,)
IMG

Mathius

The N64 is my girlfriend's fave system. She'll love this episode!

I agree on Majora's Mask. I couldn't get into it either. MM is only one of two console based Zeldas that I never did complete. Skyward Sword on the Wii being the other. What does that say about that game? :|

I still haven't picked up the Cruisin' games (despite enjoying the arcade version), nor Conker. I need to rectify that.

Joe Redifer

Make sure you don't spend too much on the Crus'n games.  They're decent but not great.  Very arcadey and that's their main draw for me.

motdelbourt

You know what I like about the 'Sack? You guys don't ghetto-ize lesser known systems like the Turbo. Every other show and podcast out there does their "TG 16" or "Jaguar" etc. special episode, and then resumes talking about NES games or some such, never to mention the lesser known platform again. You guys actually put that shit in context where it belongs, or at least do a "shooties" episode instead of just one overview.

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 09/09/2012, 10:33 PMThe N64 is my girlfriend's fave system. She'll love this episode!

I agree on Majora's Mask. I couldn't get into it either. MM is only one of two console based Zeldas that I never did complete. Skyward Sword on the Wii being the other. What does that say about that game? :|

I still haven't picked up the Cruisin' games (despite enjoying the arcade version), nor Conker. I need to rectify that.
I watched it and it was a good review 'but i never liked the N64.I'll just say my least favorite console by nintendo.Mostly because most of it's good games were first party and there were not many good ones by thirds either.Not to mention i couldn't stand it's controller i found it to arkward to use.By the way funny you mention how much you liked cruis'n usa,now i really liked it in the arcade but the N64 version sadly was a poor port.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Oh we include the Turbo as often as we can.  In my opinion, it's the most underrated console out there, at least from a US standpoint.  And while we mention the NES from time to time, it's probably one of the systems we cover the least.  It gets about as much, if not slightly less coverage from us than the Master System.  Everyone else already does the NES to death.

Tatsujin

lol, that was a painful episode to watch through.
N64 just gives me nothing.
The rest was top as all the time :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

roflmao

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/11/2012, 06:21 PMOh we include the Turbo as often as we can.  In my opinion, it's the most underrated console out there, at least from a US standpoint.  And while we mention the NES from time to time, it's probably one of the systems we cover the least.  It gets about as much, if not slightly less coverage from us than the Master System.  Everyone else already does the NES to death.
And I thank you for that. :D

Joe Redifer

I'm honestly not sure which I like less, the N64 or the Wii.  I think I'm going to say the Wii.

roflmao

I'd have to agree with you Joe.  I've never owned a Wii, so I guess by default the N64 ranks higher in my book because at some point it interested me enough to purchase one.  The Wii has never been able to pique my interest.

BlueBMW

Im in the minority here... I love the N64 :)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Lilgrafx

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/11/2012, 08:37 PMIm in the minority here... I love the N64 :)
I agree with you, excellent first party games and some kickass multiplayer game. I don't know why people bitch about it so much.

Mathius

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 09/11/2012, 09:14 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/11/2012, 08:37 PMIm in the minority here... I love the N64 :)
I agree with you, excellent first party games and some kickass multiplayer game. I don't know why people bitch about it so much.
Me either. My only real complaint is the lack of sprite-based 2D games. I would be interested to see how the N64 fairs against the Saturn for sprite-based 2D goodness.

KnightWarrior

You didn't show Doom 64 or Quake 64

Joe Redifer

You are correct.  We did not.

KnightWarrior

Why is that Joe?

Was it cuz of being just a PC Port

Joe Redifer

I thought about Doom 64 briefly.  But then I dismissed it.  I initially wanted to focus on N64 exclusives, but then Dave started talking about some games that weren't, like Conker.  They could have been included, I suppose.

BlueBMW

Glad to see Banjo Kazooie and Mischief Makers getting a mention :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 09/11/2012, 10:33 PM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 09/11/2012, 09:14 PM
Me either. My only real complaint is the lack of sprite-based 2D games. I would be interested to see how the N64 fairs against the Saturn (and PS) for sprite-based 2D goodness.
THIS!

also one other sprite based game which could have been included into gamesack was bakuretsu muteki bangaioh. it showed at least some impressive sprites handling. but with millions of these on screen, also a n64 goes into its knees :lol:
but I would have loved to see a lot of mid 90s 2D arcade ports on the N64.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SuperPlay

Been watching quite a bit of Game Sack again today.  Up to Episode 36 - Happy Christmas!

Keep up the great work Guys ........ almost forgot Jen as well :-)

esteban

Quote from: SuperPlay on 09/16/2012, 03:11 PMBeen watching quite a bit of Game Sack again today.  Up to Episode 36 - Happy Christmas!

Keep up the great work Guys ........ almost forgot Jen as well :-)
I have to do this one day. I have missed about 30 episodes. Just when I am about to watch an episode sitting on my "To Watch" list, a new is released by Joe & Company... :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TR0N

Game Sack-Left in the Arcades 2  =D&gt;
IMG

Bernie

I actually enjoyed the video.  I am a big fan of the N64, and pre ordered mine, then stood in line on release day to get it.  But, overall, I have to say it kinda let me down with the games.  There are some VERY good games on the system, that I really enjoy, so dont get me wrong.  I just felt they could have done much better.  Some of my favorites from the system were, Mario 64, Turok, Shadowgate 64, OoT, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil 2, the Cruisin series, and a handful of others.  I did NOT enjoy Majoras Mask at all, for the same reasons stated in the video.  I thought it was kinda lame actually...  Anyway, thanks for another great video.  I actually seen a few games played in it, that I never thought to buy.  :)  So, its off to add to my 64 collection.  :)

KnightWarrior

I been watching Game Sack from episode 1

Out Run and the Street Fighter 2 is one of my Fave Episodes

roflmao

I miss the episodes where they picked random games out of a sack and compared them. :)

Joe Redifer

Dave doesn't like to do those.

Bernie

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/28/2012, 06:15 AMDave doesn't like to do those.
You should let Dave know who the BOSS is!!!  lol

Joe Redifer

LOL.  Those are tough to do because they truly are random and everything needs to be done on the spot.  We don't have a lot of time to meet up to record the show.

Tatsujin

isch en guete special gsi :)