The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

Excellent episode.

Two games I'd like to see covered in a future "remake" episode would be:

Nights Into Dreams vs Nights Into Dreams HD
Donkey Kong Country vs Donkey Kong Country Returns
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Xak

I am playing Metroid Zero also but got stuck?? I suck. The Flashback game looks great. I did not like the Castlevania remake, half the charm is the beautifully drawn sprites and backgrounds
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

sirhcman

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/27/2013, 12:25 PMExcellent episode.

Two games I'd like to see covered in a future "remake" episode would be:

Nights Into Dreams vs Nights Into Dreams HD
Donkey Kong Country vs Donkey Kong Country Returns
Is Donkey Kong Country Returns a remake? I only played it a short amount of time (hated the controls) so I wasn't sure if it was a remake or just a new edition to the franchise..

BlueBMW

Yeah I guess its not really a remake, but they reused a lot of the music so it felt like a remake to me.

And they actually covered it in their Donkey Kong / Valis episode:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Xak

Is BlueBMW David?

BlueBMW

Nope, the Game Sack guys are in Colorado, I'm in Tennessee.  Though hopefully by summer I'll be out there too.

Xak

Is Dave on this forum or just the Sega16 one?

Joe Redifer

If he's here he only lurks. He loves to lurk.

Xak

Lurky Twerky like Miley Cyrus?

or Cyrus from ChronoTrig?

Psycho Punch

How did I miss the Flashback remake, I'll buy it right now
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/27/2013, 05:40 PMIf he's here he only lurks. He loves to lurk.
he always forgets to take his daily obey pills.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 10/27/2013, 07:51 PMHow did I miss the Flashback remake, I'll buy it right now
Yeah  :roll: :roll:
Flashback Review
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

It's weird. When I don't like a game that everyone else likes, they whine. When I like a game that gets bad reviews, people whine. My hypothesis: People's minds are usually already made up and it's usually what the rest of the hive mind thinks. And people DO NOT like it when you think differently than they do, it makes them uncomfortable.

EvilEvoIX

Flashback is my Favorite game on the Genesis, I may look at this Remake but I've heard it wasn't good?

Another classic Vid by Game Sack.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Mathius

I am glad someone other than me is complaining about the butt-stomp removal (sounds like a medical procedure) in Castle of Illusion.

Is the physical copy of Ducktails really supposed to come out in November? I bought my copy at Walmart last month. Maybe they put it out too early???

Speaking of Walmart, Joe, I would go to their chemicals department to see if they have any Dave White Traps. Seems you need to start setting traps and pitfalls in your game room to protect it from pests (read: Dave White).

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 10/28/2013, 08:20 PMI am glad someone other than me is complaining about the butt-stomp removal (sounds like a medical procedure) in Castle of Illusion.

Is the physical copy of Ducktails really supposed to come out in November? I bought my copy at Walmart last month. Maybe they put it out too early???

Speaking of Walmart, Joe, I would go to their chemicals department to see if they have any Dave White Traps. Seems you need to start setting traps and pitfalls in your game room to protect it from pests (read: Dave White).
AISLE 57: Rodenticide and Dave White Traps.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Psycho Punch

Quote from: TR0N on 10/28/2013, 02:13 AM
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 10/27/2013, 07:51 PMHow did I miss the Flashback remake, I'll buy it right now
Flashback Review
Ben Moore or Joe Redifer? I guess I'll go with Joe's review. :P
Good or bad I prefer seeing it by myself in this case.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 10/28/2013, 11:33 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 10/28/2013, 02:13 AM
Quote from: guest on 10/27/2013, 07:51 PMHow did I miss the Flashback remake, I'll buy it right now
Flashback Review
Ben Moore or Joe Redifer? I guess I'll go with Joe's review. :P
Good or bad I prefer seeing it by myself in this case.
Just a example,most reviewers have given then game a low score such as GT giving it a 3.4.I guess it find odd,that joe likes the game unless i missed some thing.Then again critics are not all ways right.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Mathius on 10/28/2013, 08:20 PMIs the physical copy of Ducktails really supposed to come out in November? I bought my copy at Walmart last month. Maybe they put it out too early???
November 12 is the release date. Do you have the game on disc? It's not something that just enables you to download it, is it? Pics please.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/29/2013, 02:43 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/28/2013, 08:20 PMIs the physical copy of Ducktails really supposed to come out in November? I bought my copy at Walmart last month. Maybe they put it out too early???
November 12 is the release date. Do you have the game on disc? It's not something that just enables you to download it, is it? Pics please.
It's a PS3 disc case with a collectable pin. No game. Just a download code.

Tatsujin

really good show this time.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Not truly physical but still cool. Kinda wish I knew about the actual physical release before I bought this copy. But these seemed to come to our store in small quantities so I snagged it.

/IMG_20131029_160732_zps6b94c9b6.jpg
/IMG_20131029_160744_zpsb5951fa8.jpg

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 10/29/2013, 04:15 PMNot truly physical but still cool. Kinda wish I knew about the actual physical release before I bought this copy. But these seemed to come to our store in small quantities so I snagged it.

/IMG_20131029_160732_zps6b94c9b6.jpg

/IMG_20131029_160744_zpsb5951fa8.jpg
Nice man,i wish more games by wayforward had a physical release most often there digital only.
IMG

Xak

wow, the hell was the point with no disc

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Xak on 10/30/2013, 09:31 AMwow, the hell was the point with no disc
^^^^
Second'd.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Mathius

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/30/2013, 12:03 PM
Quote from: Xak on 10/30/2013, 09:31 AMwow, the hell was the point with no disc
^^^^
Second'd.
Probably to help Capcom gauge people's interest in a physical release.

Xak

hmmm I would hope

Joe Redifer

I have my $20 for the REAL physical release! One guy commented on the video with something like "Physical release coming in November? It's been out for two months. Source: I work at the store that sells them". I guess he never noticed that the box said "Digital Copy Only" on the front. But hey, free pin. Yay? Hopefully your version didn't cost $20, Mathius.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/31/2013, 01:13 AMI have my $20 for the REAL physical release! One guy commented on the video with something like "Physical release coming in November? It's been out for two months. Source: I work at the store that sells them". I guess he never noticed that the box said "Digital Copy Only" on the front. But hey, free pin. Yay? Hopefully your version didn't cost $20, Mathius.
Yep. 20 clams.

TR0N

IMG

Tatsujin

watched :)

digged the galaxy force II Defeat BGM, even it was very short :)

BlueBMW

And now I'm going to go play some excite truck.... :D

Joe Redifer

Hey guys, someone just posted this comment on our Valis & Donkey Kong Country episode:

"Overall, Turbo Grafx games seem over saturated."

Take that, Turbo users!

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/11/2013, 02:16 AMHey guys, someone just posted this comment on our Valis & Donkey Kong Country episode:

"Overall, Turbo Grafx games seem over saturated."

Take that, Turbo users!
Damn, we have to face the truth: the gratuitous use of colors has jaded our sensibilities. IMG

In other news:

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Psycho Punch

Genesis really does what NEC and Nintendon't: limit the on-screen color limit to 64.

Genesis does. And to think NES has 1/2 of the color limit (32 with 8 repeating colors), because of course 16/8bit = 64/32colors != 482/32colors, that's why Tuborgraphix isn't true 16 bit. DO THE MATH ! ! !

DragonmasterDan

Thanks for mentioning El Viento/ Annette Again on the disappointing sequel list!
--DragonmasterDan

TR0N

IMG

Tatsujin

cool episode.

liked the FM in WB in monsterworld  and the water in that jurassic park 2 game..

BigusSchmuck

More Devil's Crush and Wonderboy love. I love it!

Mathius

I've had a really shitty past couple of days. Car problems. Not sure if I am going to have a job at the end of the week. I threw on this ep of Game Sack and it really helped to cheer me up. Thanks, Joe and Dave.

I have made it nearly to the end of Legendary Axe but could never beat it. I have been trying for years. LA2 is good but my favorite part of the sequel is the music. I've said this before but it reminds me so much of Dungeon Explorer's music. And that isn't a bad thing.

Speaking of never beating a game. Pilotwings. Ugh. I love this game to death but I have been trying to beat the 2nd helicopter level for two decades! I didn't even know there was extra content beyond that.

Psycho Punch

Yeah that last "secret command" mission on Pilotwings is hard as hell! Not that the rest of the game was any easier...

The Game Center CX live challenge of pilotwings and all past episodes are great because they illustrate well how hard that game can be.

TR0N

IMG

Mzo

That was a good episode, and I couldn't care any less about sports games than I already do.

No Mutant League, though?  Or hockey?

And yeah, as soon as sports games got realistic I lost the little interest I had.  Oh well.

Always a fun watch!
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

turboswimbz

You missed out on the hockey games:
NHL 94 - 96 with the genny version getting the slight edge over the Snes games.  really fun games, not to serious, and they have fights.

Dave disappointed me, What was with the lack of love for the gameboy?  I use to love baseball, and also soccer mania.  I LOVE THE MUSIC in Soccer Mania.  I mean just look at it below!!  Play action football wasn't bad either at the time.

【GB】 サッカーボーイ (Soccer Boy) ★ Soccer Mania ★ GAME BOY

I also really like extra innings for a baseball game.
1080 snowboarding and cool boarders were awesome too.

I've also enjoyed some of the Mario sport games. Mario Tennis, Mario Strikers, hell even Mario Super Sluggers.

But i am a wierdo who doesn't mind sports game.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Tatsujin

lol i watched that.

Xak

MUTANT LEAUGE!!! whats wrong with you Joe? How did you forget that!:??? GREAT EPISODE. I grew up with madden 93 and taught me the rules and penalties on football before i actually got to play in HS. My friend used to get PISSED when  I would run a punt block on his run play LOL.

Segas NFL2K series is timeless and 2k5 IS STILL BETTER than the newest Madden which is sad. gameplay wise, animation wise, A.I. wise, and even STATISTICALLY ACCURATE to the current NFL. 1O years later!!!!

No captain tsubasa ? No Nekketsu Soccer?

"Dont watch it a buncha times, tell your friends"-joe LMFAO !!!!!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: TR0N on 12/08/2013, 02:07 AMGame Sack - Sports Videogames!
And secretly Joe has devised a way to sell all those rare sports games he has amassed, through spin and positive online media advertising. Now he will have a one up on all the other Sega Genesis sports game lot sellers. I imagine soon we will see something along the lines of this (scroll image over to reveal seller id :P) :

IMG

Xak

NHL Faceoff 97 for ps1 is the funnest hockey game I ever played. I dont watch it or play the sport so I dont care for it. But hockey video games are fun.

I used to like TV Sports Hockey, enough to write a review on it

http://www.gamefaqs.com/tg16/589152-tv-sports-hockey/reviews/review-34512

Joe Redifer

Ha ha but my sports games are CIB and 160 is the starting bid. BIN is $1000. THEY'LL SELL, I tell you!!!!

Psycho Punch

Where is the International Superstar Soccer??? :(