What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kosko99

kosko99

Well, yesterday I've been at the Zelda Symphony at Barcelona and couldn't resist to record the Ocarina of Time part... this live was simply amazing and I am still re-re-re-rewatching the video over and over haha

TR0N

This latest video has a turbografx 16 segment with joe&dave.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

IMG

TR0N

The last part on why the C64 version of parasol stars was cancel is crazy  :shock:
IMG

TR0N

IMG

xcrement5x

This is pretty neat!  The Hardcore Gaming 101 guy got some design docs of older Compile titles and made a video flipping through them.  I kind of wish it was a slide deck/pdf or something I could zoom in on though.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

kosko99

Nice one xelement :3

Latest one on my playlist:

cr8zykuban0

https://youtu.be/NXGaBzF1ekE

Subscriber giveaway im doing incase anyone would like to participate :)

o.pwuaioc

Enternal

grolt

Trying to get psyched for the new Star Wars:
I'm a notorious strange man.

kosko99

Time for bumpies
Seems quite a cool game so far.

Joe Redifer

Is that for consoles or is it some Steam-only bullshit?

technozombie

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/25/2015, 03:30 PMIs that for consoles or is it some Steam-only bullshit?
I'm guessing multi-platform, digital only. Someone on Neogaf was saying they are trying to get the rights from Sega to use the Wonderboy name, but I don't know if that's true.

http://www.monsterboy.com/blog/

Joe Redifer

Being developed by the French. So are the Japanese completely out of the biz now? Can they even do jack shit on their own any more?

technozombie

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/26/2015, 02:08 AMBeing developed by the French. So are the Japanese completely out of the biz now? Can they even do jack shit on their own any more?
According to that blog post:

We're so happy to be able to work on a cool project like Monster Boy but things are getting surreal now: Yuzo Koshiro and two of his friends (to be revealed later) have joined the team and will contribute music to it! Wow...O.o - We always wanted to work with great musicians from Japan and we couldn't be more proud and happy about it. 

Yuzo Koshiro is famous for his awesome soundtracks in many videogame classics like the Ys Series, Streets of Rage, Revenge of Shinobi, Actraiser and many more. 

So I guess the Japanese still like to make music lol.

esteban

Quote from: technozombie on 12/26/2015, 05:22 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/26/2015, 02:08 AMBeing developed by the French. So are the Japanese completely out of the biz now? Can they even do jack shit on their own any more?
According to that blog post:

We're so happy to be able to work on a cool project like Monster Boy but things are getting surreal now: Yuzo Koshiro and two of his friends (to be revealed later) have joined the team and will contribute music to it! Wow...O.o - We always wanted to work with great musicians from Japan and we couldn't be more proud and happy about it.

Yuzo Koshiro is famous for his awesome soundtracks in many videogame classics like the Ys Series, Streets of Rage, Revenge of Shinobi, Actraiser and many more.

So I guess the Japanese still like to make music lol.
Wow.  Pretty interesting development.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

Yes indeed. It will be interesting to hear what they come up with because Monster World tracks are usually pretty laid back but extremely catchy (at least in the case of Wonder Boy 3 The Dragon's Curse).

Psycho Punch

Look at the first 30 secs of that video, which is the 1995 E3 Sony Keynote about the upcoming Playstation. Can you guess what game they showed as an example of a "Substandard 2D game"? Yes, that's right, Irem's NINJA SPIRIT for the Turbografx!

What an odd choice.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

kosko99

Hah.
Never seen this conference, funny they used it.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/28/2015, 01:33 AM
Look at the first 30 secs of that video, which is the 1995 E3 Sony Keynote about the upcoming Playstation. Can you guess what game they showed as an example of a "Substandard 2D game"? Yes, that's right, Irem's NINJA SPIRIT for the Turbografx!

What an odd choice.
GREAT FIND!

I agree, it seems odd that Sony would choose an old, relatively unknown title to represent the "archaic" 2D genre of gaming.

Of course, that could have been the point: choose a relatively unknown game as a *generic symbol* for "the old way"...nobody's feelings are hurt, no Mario/Sonic fans (with fond memories of playing prior generations of games) get their hearts broken...

And, on a corporate/business level, no relevant publishers or third party companies are publicly mocked.

Still, it seems like an odd choice.

I feel like we could list many SNES/Genesis games to be the generic symbol for "2D"  (even if we have to be careful not to offend folks)...

Choosing a game that was well-received by critics, such as Ninja Spirit, was a good decision (assuming any thought was put into it)...it strengthens Sony's argument that even "good 2D games" are going to be destroyed by modern 3D revolution.

Poor Ninja Spirit.

NightWolve

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/25/2015, 03:30 PMIs that for consoles or is it some Steam-only bullshit?
Were you really asking ? Exactly 1 minute in the video you see for Steam, PS4, XBOXONE.

Joe Redifer

Yeah I rarely watch internet videos. But my question had been answered before you posted but thanks anyway. Even though it's digital only I'll for sure get it.

grolt

Quote from: guest on 12/28/2015, 01:33 AM

What an odd choice.
The irony is that they cite the shitty Mortal Kombat 3 as being the new cutting edge of immersive gameplay.  That game's a turd.

Answering the OP's question though, I've been playing this video repeatedly throughout the day:
It's kind of cathartic hitting the "2" button on your keyboard just looping the dog launch over and over.  I'd seen the gif before but it's somehow funnier hearing the bounce sound the ball makes and then the shocked reactions of the people in the park right after.  Simple pleasures, I know.
I'm a notorious strange man.

NightWolve

An awesome find by nully! It's real catchy for an improvised rap too!
Say naawww, whaaat, the roof building is on fire!!

geise

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/02/2016, 04:18 PM
Were you really asking ? Exactly 1 minute in the video you see for Steam, PS4, XBOXONE.
That is amazing!  Something to actually play in 2016.

kosko99

wilykat

and similar video.

Sort of mesmerizing when those rail seems to never move. No stop sign every few miles, no idiot drivers, no police car in hiding, nothing, just a long run with only infrequent animal crossing to worry about.

Can almost see why train engineers tended to doze off, a long run with nothing to keep you alert like normal road can make one forget one still have to man the brake.

Psycho Punch

That looks like footage for a cancelled Railfan DLC. I kinda like that kind of stuff, it is relaxing.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

esteban

Quote from: wilykat on 01/18/2016, 10:34 PM
and similar video.

Sort of mesmerizing when those rail seems to never move. No stop sign every few miles, no idiot drivers, no police car in hiding, nothing, just a long run with only infrequent animal crossing to worry about.

Can almost see why train engineers tended to doze off, a long run with nothing to keep you alert like normal road can make one forget one still have to man the brake.
With a few tweaks, Covell's F-Zero Turbo Racing game could become a PC-Steam-Engine Simulator!

Truth.

NightWolve

That is cool. I liked trains a lot as a kid. ;)

kosko99

and similar video.

From the related vids, I did like this one:
Quite cool view

Psycho Punch

Quote from: esteban on 01/18/2016, 11:39 PM
and similar video.

With a few tweaks, Covell's F-Zero Turbo Racing game could become a PC-Steam-Engine Simulator!

Truth.
To be honest if anyone could do some solid FMV on the turbo you could.

JoshTurboTrollX

Any of you follow New Japan Pro Wrestling?

Yonosuke Kitamura's theme song that Nakamura uses (used? :( ) in NJPW has a serious Ys vibe to it doesn't it?
IMG

Or am I crazy...?  Give it a listen!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sarumaru

Sarumaru

NightWolve

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 01/28/2016, 05:27 PMAny of you follow New Japan Pro Wrestling?

Yonosuke Kitamura's theme song that Nakamura uses (used? :( ) in NJPW has a serious Ys vibe to it doesn't it?
IMG

Or am I crazy...?  Give it a listen!
Yeah, there are parts in there, if only briefly, that almost match parts from "To Make the End of Battle" I'd say.
I'd say like from 0:14-00:18 on the Ys track to 1:14-1:18 on your link have a similar sounding match.

Bloufo

NightWolve

^^ Woah!

For Mortal Kombat fans.
HAHAHAHA!!
Oh Anita you! She doesn't think it's fair that da ladies can't get a good glimpse of Batman's butt in this segment and feels this is generally true in other videogames, male characters come with "strategic butt coverings" while the females are rendered as sexed-up whores with lovely butts and emphasis is drawn to them... Awwwww.

But WOW, the hyper-analysis she goes through to find offense/critique and the conclusions that she reaches! No more sexy ladies/characters in videogames if she had her way!

xcrement5x

Killin some invasive fire ants and making neat artwork:
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Just think how much easier it would've been if Buzz had a bunch of molten metal - no more clunky side scrolling!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/04/2016, 05:27 PMKillin some invasive fire ants and making neat artwork:
That is amazing. I thought it would be bigger, actually.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: guest on 02/04/2016, 05:27 PMKillin some invasive fire ants and making neat artwork:
And I used to think that I was being too cruel to the ants by throwing boiling water in the nest. This not only genocides a whole colony of ants but also creates some nice artwork. lol

NightWolve

VestCunt

Probably my favorite video of all time
Topic Adjourned.

NightWolve

Namco's "Taiko no Tatsujin" with Ys II track "To Make the End of Battle"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiko_no_Tatsujin
Here's what these machines look like in their full glory.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 02/06/2016, 02:10 AMNamco's "Taiko no Tatsujin" with Ys II track "To Make the End of Battle"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiko_no_Tatsujin
Here's what these machines look like in their full glory.
IMG
That's great. :)

I spent a few years playing taiko drums in grad school. It was therapeutic and I was rarely entrusted with anything beyond an old tire wrapped in tape. Poor man's drum. :)

We never, ever dreamed of playing along to contemporary music, especially something as epic as Ys II. :)

Teacher was very old-skool, but that made it fun.

I would love to try all those crazy "beatmania" and drumming games...I've never had an opportunity to play one.

esteban

Quote from: vestcunt on 02/05/2016, 01:58 PMProbably my favorite video of all time
I know :)

I know I am behind the curve on some netwebz culture, but when one of our fellow pcefxers posted that video—damn. I wish I could hug the person who created it.

:)

HailingTheThings

Zeta got a shout out and a few mentions of the forums. Yay or something.
IMG