OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

That TV Series You're Watching

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/22/2014, 08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

I'm a season behind, but that's pretty much how I feel too.  The writing has gotten really dumb, with way too many inconsistencies in how characters act, most major plot conflicts/resolutions relying on blind luck, flip flopping loyalties, and the slow speed of everything.

Also, it kinda pisses me off that they wasted Alicia Witt on a minor character.  The good guys could've used a sexy ginger on their side.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Well you guys made it a lot further into that show than I did.

xcrement5x

I enjoyed Stranger Things S2, it was weak in some spots but I personally love how much growth they are giving Steve.  Unlike everyone else he is just a normalish high school kid who got pulled into everything.

Digi.k

NecroPhile

I started re-watching Ash vs. Evil Dead season two over the weekend.  Such lulz.  Very gore.  Wow.

xcrement5x

Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/29/2018, 03:06 PMI started re-watching Ash vs. Evil Dead season two over the weekend.  Such lulz.  Very gore.  Wow.
I'm watching it for the first time, that second episode in season 2 is nuts.

Bloufo

Still trudging on with Sons Of Anarchy.
Almost at the end now. About four episodes left to go of the final season.

Ridiculous plotlines mar this series. The unintended humor keeps me watching.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 01/29/2018, 03:11 PMI'm watching it for the first time, that second episode in season 2 is nuts.
The morgue scene is crazy.  That, the possessed delta, and the puppet are my favorite bits of the season.

roflmao

Altered Carbon came out on Netflix today so I'll probably start watching that tonight. I just finished reading the first book yesterday, so perfect timing! The show looks pretty awesome.

TheClash603

Been watching old Johnny Carson interviews on YouTube if that counts?

Season 2 of Stranger Things gets too much criticism.  I didn't like the new mutant too much (non-spoiler I hope), but I think Sean Astin was a nice add.  Also loved Max's brother, the mom seduction scene was great.

I can't tell if I like the X-Files new season or hate it, but I can't stop watching.  Episode with the original X-File creator gave me quite a few laughs.  Were Mulder and Scully always bad actors though?

NightWolve

https://www.netflix.com/title/80097140
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altered_Carbon
http://www.metacritic.com/tv/altered-carbon

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/altered_carbon/s01/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/altered-carbon-review-netflix-spins-up-a-new-cyber/1100-6456241/

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/2/12/17004210/altered-carbon-netflix-blade-runner-aesthetic-cyberpunk-retro-futurism
Watched season one of a new NetFlix show, Altered Carbon, which may or may not be renewed. It has SciFi elements of Blade Runner, Matrix, Fifth Element, and some Zardoz given it explores quasi immortality if you're rich enough to keep clones around, periodically "back up" your brain contents to an implanted storage device, etc.

Season one is only 10 episodes so you can watch the whole thing over the weekend. I enjoyed it well enough although the plot could've used some more work. It's mostly a hardboiled detective/cop kind of show.

There are some SciFi cameos like the Max Headroom actor who plays a weird host of an underground fightclub ring, and Daniel Bernhardt who plays a type of relentless space cop/soldier - he's the cheap Jean Claude Van Damme knockoff who did "Bloodsport 2," and the main sunglass-wearing Matrix agent in "Matrix: Reloaded" since "Mr. Smith" went rogue.

Anyway, you won't be blown away or anything, I don't think, but it kept me very interested all the way through so definitely worth checking out for the casual SciFi movie fan. I give it a thumbs up!

NightWolve

https://www.netflix.com/title/80104198

REALLY recommend another new SciFi NetFlix TV series: "Lost in Space." All of season 1 is up (10 episodes) and season 2 is being worked on from what I heard.

TR0N

I'm looking forward to this show from netflik.I wasn't sure it would get another season but it has coming in june  =D>
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

seieienbu

While getting over being sick this week I binge watched Cobra Kai.  Hopefully without really spoiling anything, Cobra Kai to Karate Kid is like The Force Awakens to A New Hope.

If you liked Karate Kid?  I think I'd recommend it.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

DragonmasterDan

And my favorite show ever, at least for the first three seasons will be back before the end of the month. https://youtu.be/gXg2_yExgVY
--DragonmasterDan

Bloufo

The Handmaids Tale.

Season 2 starts off even more darker in tone. The performances, especially by the lead (Elisabeth Moss) is top notch.

LostFlunky

Gotta squeeze the Arrested Development season 4 remix in soon - Season 5 is out May 29th!

gheebee

I started and finished the first and only season of The Mist this weekend; it was better than the movie, which I hated, but at the same time I could kind of see why they didn't renew it for another season. That said I loved the way things end at the mall! lol

Quote from: Bloufo on 05/07/2018, 02:04 PMThe Handmaids Tale.
I've been wanting to check this out for a little while now but have been avoiding it because while it sounds really good it also sounds pretty depressing. One of these days though, I just gotta be in the right mood and remember it...

Warbucks

Cobra Kai

If you haven't seen it yet.. you need to.

It brings back a lot of the original Karate Kid.

Episodes 1 and 2 are on youtube.  The rest are on Youtube Red.
If you are savvy enough you can find them elsewhere.

Can't wait for season 2  O0

TDIRunner

Quote from: Warbucks on 05/11/2018, 02:29 PMCobra Kai

I just watched the two free episodes last night.  I enjoyed it enough that I will probably use my free trial of Red to watch the rest.

Funny thing is that I re-watched the original movie on Prime the other night completely randomly.  I was not aware of this new show and I didn't find out about the show until the day after watching the movie.  So by some strange coincidence, I was super excited to start watching the new series.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

NightWolve

I caught up with season 4 of Gotham the other day, I missed Joker's death a few weeks back and skipped forward to Ra's al Ghul's resurrection, followed by Joker's "resurrection" and battery bomb plot for half of Gotham in this week's episode... I'm confused... It's a dark mess, still nothing quite like it on TV AFAIK...

I am now wanting to see Cobra Kai also, I saw the trailers, wondered if this idea could work, now am seeing mostly good things being said about it on social media.

Bloufo

Just now caught up with the current season of Vikings.

All I can say is that lazy/bad writing permeates the whole thing. Park your brain at the door and come in just for the spectacle of the battles.

seieienbu

Quote from: Bloufo on 05/12/2018, 02:58 PMJust now caught up with the current season of Vikings.

All I can say is that lazy/bad writing permeates the whole thing. Park your brain at the door and come in just for the spectacle of the battles.
I stopped watching in like, Season 3 I think.  I randomly caught an episode where Ragnar's crippled son has almighty fighting skills because he rolls on the ground slashing swords as he's spinning?  Yeah, I think I made the right decision.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

NightWolve

Quote from: Warbucks on 05/11/2018, 02:29 PMCobra Kai

He is correct!!! Finished the Cobra Kai series also (only a 10 episode season), loved every minute of it!! :)

Everything good you heard is true, I can't believe it, they really made the concept work in bringing back Daniel LaRusso and Johnny Lawrence!

When the trailers were popping up a few months ago I had a lukewarm response. I thought it was cool the original actors were returning, but I didn't think it'd work as a TV series and I worried it'd be a disservice to the movie magic of the original, similar to the "sequelitis" effect with Karate Kid II/III, how they got progressively worse...

Anyway, it was all the positive reviews/vibes I was seeing on social media that led me to give it a try, glad I did!!!!

Best part, I think they used plot ideas from this funny Karate Kid parody video a few years back! Here it is:
So what the creator did is flip the script, portray Daniel as the real bully with selective editing, commentary, etc. It's hilarious! Even funnier there's a crazed troll that harasses the creator because he can't take the joke, he believes the creator is serious, and is angry that this somehow ruins the beloved memory of the movie, heh heh.

But yeah, in one of the episodes, Johnny is talking about how he was just trying to talk to his girlfriend, Daniel got in the way, "out of nowhere" sucker punches him so he did what anyone would do by defending himself! While he tells his "version" of events or "truth," footage from the original movie plays in the background so you're reminded of what really happened, hahaha! Fantastic!

I swear, they must've been influenced by the above parody video which went viral when it was released. That whole element plays out in the series where Daniel winds up being petty, vengeful, while Johnny is honestly trying to improve his life circumstances, etc.

Suffice to say, I loved it and I really think it has a chance to be picked up for several seasons! :)

xcrement5x

Watching Cobra Kai myself right now, it's pretty awesome.

SignOfZeta

I pretty much just watch Trailer Park Boys and old anime.
IMG

Bloufo

Watched the pilot episode of Yellowstone.

Modern western type themed show. Kevin Costner as the patriarch of the Dutton clan. Very seldom do you see Costner involved in a TV series.
Liked what I saw thus far. Hopefully it doesn't take a turn and become the full-on Western version of Dynasty.

NightWolve

IMG

No relation to SpectreMan as I first thought, a whacky Japanese live-action TV series I used to watch as a kid, heh.