@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

PCE Software Bible updates

Started by _Paul, 06/11/2006, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/28/2015, 02:40 PMI really like the track which is mostly ambient sounds and no tune. Reminds me of Jarre.
If you are referring to LeFrenchyComposeur, then...hmmm, I never made that connection before!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

_Paul

Not strictly an update but it's PC Engine day on my YouTube channel which means this little experiment:
Best enjoyed full screen HD.

savageone

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2015, 05:38 AMNot strictly an update but it's PC Engine day on my YouTube channel which means this little experiment:
That is great, nice surreal vibe to it. If enough of them existed I could definitely see letting a playlist of them run on my old HDTV that I converted into a big old digital picture frame.

Keep up the great work on the site, one of my all time favorites. I wish the music was hosted as individual tracks somewhere.

esteban

BRILLIANT.

Simply brilliant.

From TubeYou comment:

QuoteSTOP EVERYTHING ELSE YOU ARE DOING AND MAKE MORE OF THESE!

This is a brilliant extension of the Pixellence feature that would occasionally appear in the PCE fanzine. I would not hesitate in moving beyond character sprites or revisiting Vigilante (in the future) to showcase the other frames of animation for nearly all of the sprites (indeed, the bosses had several unique frames of animation).

Finally, the soundscape (atmospheric, brooding) version of the chiptune perfectly matched the presentation. Don't change this aspect at all. I'm glad the shrill, harsh IREM sound, albeit in altered form, accompanies this art. :)

_Paul

I have made more, they will be rolled out in the next few months, and I think they are getting better each time.

I was really happy the way the sound felt when processed like this - not so much with Vigilante, but with future ones it really sounds like a steady breathing which really gives them a nice vibe.

esteban

Yay!!!! I am eagerly waiting for the FUTURE POWA to be published on TubeYou.

tknjin

I was looking for this thread!  I wanted to ask if sunteam paul would like some scans of these games and their spines n such :).  I had to go through your entire library to see which games of your bible that I own personally, and would love to help out the page.  here is the list.  They are all specifically for pc engine hence the spine card and what not lol.  Would you be interested in these by chance?  I would love to help the site to get people to know what the extra things look like. 

valis 2=spine
Valis 3=spine
Valis 4=Spine
VASTEEL=spine
Xak 1/2=Spine
YS 1/2=Spine
YS 3=Spine
YS 4=Spine
Urusei Yatsura=Spine
Tenchi Wo Kurau=Spine
Gunbuster Vol. 2=spine/reg
Travelers=Spine
Sailor Moon Collection=Spine
Side Arms Special=Spine
Snatcher= regular spine
Star Parodier=Spine
Steam Hearts=Spine
MACROSS - ETERNAL LOVE SONG =Spine/reg card
Pop n Magic=Spine/reg
nexzr=Spine/reg
Mad Stalker=Spine
Mahjong on the beach=Spine*not in hands yet*
MAKAI KARA NO TENKŌSEI =Spine
MAMONO HUNTER YŌKO TŌBI YOBIKOE=Spine/reg
Elfine=Spine
moonlight lady-spine/reg/paper
metamor jupiter=Spine/reg
motteke tamago=everything
mystic formula=spine
L Dis=Spine/Reg
lINDA3=RegCARD
Kiaidan 00=spine
Jim Power=Spine
iga ninden gao=spine(note in hands yet)
image fight 2-spine
horror story=spine/reg(not in hands yet)
galaxy deka gayvan-spine/reg
genso tairiku aurelia=spine/reg
exile- spine
exile 2-spine
Double Dragon-Spine
Dungeon explorer-spine
dynastic hero=spine
CD Denjin=Spine
Cosmic Fantasy 2=Spine
Cotton=Spine
Baby Jo The Superhero=spine
Basted=Spine/Regcard
Blood Gear-Spine/RegCard
Alshark=spine/reg card
Alzadick SUMMER CARNIVAL '92=Spine/Reg
Ane-San=spine/reg

_Paul

Yes, that would be fantastic! You might want to send a sample first so I can make sure they're gonna be OK. They need to be 300dpi. If your printer has a descreen option then turn it on. If it doesn't, can you scan at 600dpi? Might be best to try a scan of a cover rather than a spine as it's easier to check quality - also, if you crop them down, please try not to chop off anything.

I have a bunch of outstanding files still to add, so I can confirm what I need later.

SuperPlay

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2015, 05:38 AMNot strictly an update but it's PC Engine day on my YouTube channel which means this little experiment:

I like this very much :-)

_Paul

Music added for Iga Ninden Gao (complete soundtrack).

tknjin

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2015, 02:40 PMYes, that would be fantastic! You might want to send a sample first so I can make sure they're gonna be OK. They need to be 300dpi. If your printer has a descreen option then turn it on. If it doesn't, can you scan at 600dpi? Might be best to try a scan of a cover rather than a spine as it's easier to check quality - also, if you crop them down, please try not to chop off anything.

I have a bunch of outstanding files still to add, so I can confirm what I need later.
Sorry I haven't gotten back to ya.  I did a test run with my scanner, and the quality is just absolutely poopy.  I can't really see where to change the settings on it either, so I am wondering if there is a way I can send it to you or a forum member to have them scan it for ya if you would like :)

_Paul

PC Engine Visual Scenes: Eikan Wa Kimi Ni opening

@tknjin I wouldn't worry too much if it's a major hassle. I already have a folder full of scans that I've not yet added, so it's not as though I'm running out.

_Paul

Music added for Coryoon (complete soundtrack).

_Paul

Hey folks, here's another one of them Pixellence video thingies I made.

esteban

I know the games you love.

:)

_Paul

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 09/26/2015, 06:07 AMMusic added for Coryoon (complete soundtrack).
Hey Paul, any plans for Volume 2 to the PCE game review compilation you published a year or two ago?

ClodBusted

I loved the first book and would like to see a second volume, too. I think there are still articles left from the PDF magazines that weren't published in printed form yet, were they?

_Paul

Volume 2 likelihood is undetermined at present.

Writing that stuff is reeeealy hard and time consuming. I've currently got Saber Rider upcoming as well as the Pixellence book and weekly videos to make for YouTube, and Grelox, and etc etc.

Yes, I'd like to do a volume 2, but can't say when.

Regarding the articles, some are exclusive to the web based zine, so anything that appears in volume 2 will be 100% new stuff.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/09/2015, 01:39 PM
You. Or me. Or somebody has to make a chiptune vs. Red Book vs. __________ comparison mp3/video.

We have a few candidates....Daisenpu is one of them. Sidearms. Raiden (but the Red Book is orchestral...but that would still be kool to compare)...

:)

Keep working on the pixel art for the games :)

Elder

Quote from: guest on 10/10/2015, 04:13 AMVolume 2 likelihood is undetermined at present.

Writing that stuff is reeeealy hard and time consuming. I've currently got Saber Rider upcoming as well as the Pixellence book and weekly videos to make for YouTube, and Grelox, and etc etc.

Yes, I'd like to do a volume 2, but can't say when.

Regarding the articles, some are exclusive to the web based zine, so anything that appears in volume 2 will be 100% new stuff.
I've got to add that I loved Volume 1, and would also love to see an eventual volume 2.  Do what you need to though, as I know it'll be worth the wait :D

_Paul

Visual Scene Video added for Mamono Hunter Yōko - Makai Kara no Tenkōsei.

_Paul

_Paul

High resolution scans added for Alshark, Ane-san, Dead of the Brain, Dracula X, Faceball and Horror Story.

_Paul

_Paul

_Paul

...and on the subject of Pixellence, I've got the first sample prints of the new book :)

IMG

NecroPhile

Aww yeah.  That's lookin' sweet!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SuperPlay

Hell yes, the book is looking good :-)

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 11/06/2015, 01:01 PM...and on the subject of Pixellence, I've got the first sample prints of the new book :)
IMG
That is looking great!!! A lot of tedious/meticulous work goes into something like that no doubt and few have the staying power to press on for that sort of thing, so the fact that you're still at it for all these years shows exceptional dedication. I notice how you even still update your PC Engine Bible thread over at the Magic Engine forums. ;)

_Paul

Yep, nobody reads the Magic Engine forums but I update them anyway :)

Elder

_Paul

pixeljunkie

shawnji

Oh, boy.  I want one.  I need WAY more gaming books for my coffee table, and WAY, WAY more for the Turbo / PC Engine in general.

jtucci31

Man this looks awesome! Do you still sell that other book that had either Ys or Star Parodier on the cover? I remember you retired the Star Parodier cover, can't remember if you still make those

_Paul

Quote from: guest on 11/08/2015, 02:14 PMMan this looks awesome! Do you still sell that other book that had either Ys or Star Parodier on the cover? I remember you retired the Star Parodier cover, can't remember if you still make those
Nope, those are no longer available. But in consolation, here's the soundtrack to Legend of Valkyrie:

_Paul

High resolution scans added for CD Pachisuro Bishōjo Gambler and Dennō Tenshi - Digital Angel. Thanks to SuperPlay.

_Paul

_Paul

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 12/04/2015, 11:38 AM
Great soundtrack!  I still have my Red Alert from back in the day and it was one of the ones I would pop in my CD Walkman often.  (Also to enjoy the top notch acting, of course.)  Yoo-rai-knee-ka!

_Paul

_Paul

High resolution scans added for Image Fight II, Loom, Metamor Jupiter and Slime World. Thanks to SuperPlay.

deubeul

Received the book yesterday, what a beauty. Loved it as I loved the previous one, and will love the next one for sure. Thanks for allowing us to have/read a book on the turbo/PcE, in 2015 !! Who could have imagined that back in the dayz ?!

esteban

WTF??!!

What is this new TG-16 book I see?

I swear, every time I go AWOL, interesting stuff happens here...

_Paul

_Paul

imparanoic

just ordered my and friends copy, mailed to my friend's address in france, then their parents are moving over to hong kong in march, i get my copy

Teknoman

Just gotta say how amazing the site is. Everytime I skim through, something else catches my eye, and then I end up spending even more time researching that.
IMG

"There are many difficult times ahead, but you must keep your sense of humor, work through the tough situations and enjoy yourself".

_Paul