RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Greetings from NC

Started by martinine, 06/03/2015, 10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinine

Hi All,

Longtime lurker here. Glad to finally be posting! I have owned a TG-16 since the late 80s, but have never been a big collector. I buy games when I want to play them. Lately the bug has bitten me though, and I jumped in head first by buying a Duo RX.

I'm playing Cosmic Fantasy 2 and Bomberman 94 right now. A friend just mailed me Final Soldier from Japan. I can't wait to dig into that. Soldier Blade is a favorite of mine.

I've been enamored with Keith Courage since I bought my Turbo (everything original and still working), and even though people hate on it, I'm a huge fan. I make my way through the Alpha Zones about on every week.

I've been a fan of the forums for a long time.

Thanks for having me,

Martinine
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

MotherGunner

Welcome!  I have to ask:  Are there any Marti's 1-8?  ;-)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

esteban

Quote from: martinine on 06/03/2015, 10:21 PMHi All,

Longtime lurker here. Glad to finally be posting! I have owned a TG-16 since the late 80s, but have never been a big collector. I buy games when I want to play them. Lately the bug has bitten me though, and I jumped in head first by buying a Duo RX.

I'm playing Cosmic Fantasy 2 and Bomberman 94 right now. A friend just mailed me Final Soldier from Japan. I can't wait to dig into that. Soldier Blade is a favorite of mine.

I've been enamored with Keith Courage since I bought my Turbo (everything original and still working), and even though people hate on it, I'm a huge fan. I make my way through the Alpha Zones about on every week.

I've been a fan of the forums for a long time.

Thanks for having me,

Martinine
I like Final Soldier, but folks here don't discuss it as much as the other Soldier games (perhaps they simply haven't played Final Soldier). 

Anyway, Keith Courage had potential to be a fantastic game...it just gets monotonous. I like the challenging, later underworld levels.

You can't go wrong with Bomberman '94

Welcome, comrade. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

cjameslv

Welcome to obey central!

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!

Anyone that hates Kourageous Keith can get fucked.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

VenomMacbeth

Welcome, fellow North Caroleener!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Warbucks

Bardoly

Welcome to PCEnginefx!

martinine

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 06/04/2015, 11:50 AMWelcome, fellow North Caroleener!
Thanks, great to finally join up!

Have you found much in the wild in NC? I've picked up a few things, but most don't even know what I'm talking about when I ask about Turbo gear.
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

martinine

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: martinine on 06/06/2015, 12:45 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 06/04/2015, 11:50 AMWelcome, fellow North Caroleener!
Thanks, great to finally join up!

Have you found much in the wild in NC? I've picked up a few things, but most don't even know what I'm talking about when I ask about Turbo gear.
Our situations are relatively identical; most, if not all Turbo-related questions are met with glazed looks & raised eyebrows.  However, there's a game store in Charlotte (Save Point) that will get some turbo stuff in every so often.  I actually got my Turbo Express from them a couple years back.

They just got a system w/turbo booster plus and a bunch of games yesterday I'm going to go check out a little later. 

But the short answer is no, Turbo stuff doesn't happen in the wild very often, but you do sometimes get lucky as with all things. ^-^
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

bob

welcome!  where in NC?

esteban

Quote from: martinine on 06/06/2015, 12:46 PMThanks for all the warm welcomes!
I actually never noticed the similarities between the cover art of KC and Turricant...

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ShadowKitty777

Welcome!
I used to live in NC (Durham area). Was just there not too long ago.

majors

Winston-Salem here. NC obeyers unite!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: majors on 06/09/2015, 11:24 AMWinston-Salem here. NC obeyers unite!
For real!  I think there are a couple guys on here from SC, too (toymachine?). 

One of these days we'll have to have a meet-up-get-together-brouhaha-shindig thingamajig.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

majors

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 06/10/2015, 02:22 AMOne of these days we'll have to have a meet-up-get-together-brouhaha-shindig thingamajig.
rolf and I got up a couple of years ago at my annual 4th of July cook-out. Not much playing, but many obey stories around the keg was shared.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

VenomMacbeth

I'm okay with this.  Beer, borgers & dawgs sound great.  That way y'all won't know how much I suck at vidya games >.<

If I can convince the lady, maybe I can host a thing.  I have a big yard, but a small TV...
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

martinine

I'm outside Charlotte.

ToyMachine78

Yeppers I'm in SC, greater Columbia area.

bob

Im in durham once a month right now