@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Rumor price drop for sony PS3.

Started by TR0N, 07/07/2007, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

It's not like any body didn't see this coming  :wink:
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/05/rumor-circuit-city-drops-ps3-price-by-100-week-of-july-15/

Of corse i've herd, Circuit City is having poor sales and there stocks are in bad shape.

Still i've even herd target has done the same price drop for the PS3 as well.

If it's official by sony then good for them. Sure it isn't a huge drop in the price but it's a start.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

PCEngineHell

It wont help its selling point as a major contender anymore.At this point in time its major selling point is that it also doubles as a Bluray player. Yet another format by Sony with issues when they manufacture the disc. They made LDs too,and they were there worst in quality,as the vast majority of Sony lds would rot. Seems their Bluray disc are having similar issues,via mold.

ParanoiaDragon

Ok, so, if after this, it drops by another $300 or so, then I will get it :dance:  The price kills me, thankfully, there's nothing on it, that makes me tempted, but, if Suikoden 6 comes out for it, ........I might have a hard time resisting the PS3.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/08/2007, 01:45 AMOk, so, if after this, it drops by another $300 or so, then I will get it :dance:  The price kills me, thankfully, there's nothing on it, that makes me tempted, but, if Suikoden 6 comes out for it, ........I might have a hard time resisting the PS3.
I'm still debateing what i want still.

360 or PS3.

360 it has the games but there is the red ring of death problem....

PS3 expensive still but i wouldn't worry about it breaking so easily.

Dunno i'm still not in a hurry at this point.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Neither am I.  If anything, I may get the Wii before anyother current console.  The price is cheaper, there's atleast one game I'm excited about(Super Paper Mario), & apparently some of the bigger companies are shifting focus off of MS & Sony, & onto Nintendo.  But, only time will tell.  I'm sure I'll eventually get a 360, but nothing jumps out at me yet.  If Hudson was able to bring Ziria, then, that'd be a big temptation right there to get one soon!
IMG

Seldane

Quote from: <TRON> on 07/08/2007, 01:50 AM360 or PS3.

I agree. And the Wii is weak. Neither of these consoles interest me. Damn this generation, it truly is the worst yet! So far, at least.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Turbo D

I would only get the 360 for Halo 3, because most all of the good games on there are already out on the pc. As far as the ps3, I was just worried that if i bought it that sales would fail and they would quit making games for it and I would be stuck with a really expensive machine to watch movies. The wii is cool for gameplay as long as you don't mind the gay gamecubesc graphics, haha. At least nintendo has finally moved up to cd media, what was up with that retarded mini disc and not being able to play music cds in the gamecube. I mean wtf nintendo? I wanted to hear cds in my gamecube!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Seldane

I want a 360 for Halo 3 as well, but I will not even consider getting one until they've COMPLETELY fixed all the hardware problems. If that never happens (which is very likely, I mean - we're talking about "Micro-penis-soft" here), I'm going to have to wait twelve years for the game to come out on PC. It will be a Windows 7 exclusive, so I'll have to wait for the hackers to make it playable on Vista which I might have upgraded to by then. :wink:

I'm going to need to buy a PS3 when Final Fantasy 13 comes out. My wallet will experience a lot of pain. :cry:

I will never buy a Wii. I don't need another Gamecube, my old one's been collecting dust for years now. I don't need more dust-collectors.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

CrackTiger

The only thing I see the PS3 worth buying for now is as a 'cheap' bluray player. But thats only if you want to give into Sony's price fixing, since they put out the players for more than a player + next-next gen console.

If you're into the PS3/360 next gen, there's no reason not to buy a 360. At this point, if the entire market magically turns around, it'll still be 2 - 3 years before the PS3 has a better library. And thats just comparing them soley as game playing boxes. 360 still has Xbox live and for the next year at least all the major sought after games are either on both or 360 exclusive(there are actually more big 360 exclusives now than big cross platform titles), with the 360 already home to two major hits worth buying a console for.

But if you're more into something like the Wii or DS or current'ish gen doesn't interest you yet, don't bother. I'd still rather playing my Duo.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

nat

Quote from: turbo D on 07/08/2007, 08:56 AMwhat was up with that retarded mini disc and not being able to play music cds in the gamecube. I mean wtf nintendo? I wanted to hear cds in my gamecube!
Why? Do you not own a stereo?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

Quote from: nat on 07/08/2007, 04:50 PM
Quote from: turbo D on 07/08/2007, 08:56 AMwhat was up with that retarded mini disc and not being able to play music cds in the gamecube. I mean wtf nintendo? I wanted to hear cds in my gamecube!
Why? Do you not own a stereo?
Or a Turbo Grafx 16 CD? :D
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

CrackTiger

Or (the best)a Sega Saturn?  :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Turbo D

back when I was in highskool and bought that junk I only had it hooked up to my tv and expected more. It was all good though, I had plenty of fun playing all of nintendos super entertaining games. Especially my favorite for the gamecube; Animal Crossing, haha. When I need to hear music I would just hook up the system with the best cd player; the sega saturn :D I could watch that saturn space ship fly while I listen to music for hours.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

Oh. I guess it's just me-- I can't stand listening to music CDs through my TV. I guess I'm an audiophile of some kind-- I need the high quality hi-fi, man! I've never used a console as a CD player.

Well, I take that back. I once played around with the built-in CD player on the TG-CD in like 1997 just to see what it was. I remember it locked up on me because the CD I was trying to play had a scratch or a fingerprint or something. I then realized the ridiculousness of what I was trying to do (why the fuck am I trying to listen to a CD through my TV?!?) so I turned it off, slapped some sense back into myself and used a real stereo. I never again had any urge to try to listen to a CD through my TV.

Although maybe I'll go try with the Saturn so I can see this super-mega-awesome-powered spaceship everyone loves so much.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

MrFulci

I've played a CD in my US Duo a few times.

The most use a game system has had, with a music CD, has been my Sega CD. At the time, it was in a room that lacked any sort of CD player, boombox, etc. So, from time to time, I'd toss a CD in there.

As it is now, I don't ever lack a CD player anywhere. Most DVD's players play CD's, not much need to use any other item hooked up to a tv.

From what I recall, the Playstation 1, and the Jaguar had beat detection stuff built into the systems. I'd say if you're going to use any game system as a CD player, those 2 would be good choices. I recall the PS1's selection being a bit limited, and uncomplicated, but the display was still pretty decent.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

CrackTiger

Quote from: nat on 07/08/2007, 07:57 PMOh. I guess it's just me-- I can't stand listening to music CDs through my TV. I guess I'm an audiophile of some kind-- I need the high quality hi-fi, man! I've never used a console as a CD player.

Well, I take that back. I once played around with the built-in CD player on the TG-CD in like 1997 just to see what it was. I remember it locked up on me because the CD I was trying to play had a scratch or a fingerprint or something. I then realized the ridiculousness of what I was trying to do (why the fuck am I trying to listen to a CD through my TV?!?) so I turned it off, slapped some sense back into myself and used a real stereo. I never again had any urge to try to listen to a CD through my TV.

Although maybe I'll go try with the Saturn so I can see this super-mega-awesome-powered spaceship everyone loves so much.
The Saturn is the best not because of the spaceship(which is still cool), but because of the awesome controls and stereo cubes/spheres.

I line most of my consoles up to a stereo anyway. Except for my LCD, which has similuated surround sound that sounds better for games than using the room's speakers.

Keranu

Yes, those stereocubes are the shit!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

NecroPhile

The Jaguar's Virtual Light Machine is pure LSD fueled sexiness - much more funky than the Saturn.  Of course, it still looks like a toilet and most games play like what you'd find floating in 'em.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Turbo D

haha, I'll never forget when I realized that my jag+cd was a freaking toilet.
IMG IMG
IMG

guyjin

I would only take a PS3 if it were given to me.

and then I would make a video of myself destroying it.  :dance:

Turbo D

dude you could at least sell it for the sake of the person who thinks that ur worth slamming down 600 dollars, but then again it would  be hella fun to break something so valuable  :twisted:
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

I want a PS3 solely for the Blu-Ray player.  I want HD movies.  I have come close to buying the Xbox360 HD-DVD player, but it lacks HDMI and I am all out of component jacks.  The Xbox360 kind of looks like ass through component due to the switcher I have it hooked up to (the Pelican component switcher, which sucks horribly) and supposedly the component cables included with the 360 aren't exactly the best.  I'd probably also get Motorstorm, but there really isn't anything else worth getting for the system.  I'll probably hold off.

Also, the spaceship on the Saturn CD player is way better than a real spaceship.  I've been abducted by aliens many times and they don't even compare.  They are always sad when I tell them that they're not as good.

Turbo D

plus hd dvd is still restrictive on quality when compared to the awesome capacity of the blueray. We're talking about uncompressed hd audio and video  :)
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

I doubt we'll ever see uncompressed HD video on any of the consumer HD formats.  Digital cinema in real movie theaters isn't even uncompressed.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/09/2007, 03:50 AMI want a PS3 solely for the Blu-Ray player.  I want HD movies.  I have come close to buying the Xbox360 HD-DVD player, but it lacks HDMI and I am all out of component jacks.  The Xbox360 kind of looks like ass through component due to the switcher I have it hooked up to (the Pelican component switcher, which sucks horribly) and supposedly the component cables included with the 360 aren't exactly the best.  I'd probably also get Motorstorm, but there really isn't anything else worth getting for the system.  I'll probably hold off.

Also, the spaceship on the Saturn CD player is way better than a real spaceship.  I've been abducted by aliens many times and they don't even compare.  They are always sad when I tell them that they're not as good.
You could always get a 360 Super Wonder Mega You Suck & I Don't Elite Edition for the HDMI, but I think a stand alone HD-DVD player would be the better option if your not interested in the games.  From comparisons that I've read, the 360 doesn't do the best job with sound and video quality for movies when compared to dedicated players.

The Saturn CD player doesn't provide anal probing, so it's infinitely superior (or inferior, depending on which side you butter your bread) to alien spaceships. 

TR0N

Quote from: Seldane on 07/08/2007, 08:51 AM
Quote from: <TRON> on 07/08/2007, 01:50 AM360 or PS3.

I agree. And the Wii is weak. Neither of these consoles interest me. Damn this generation, it truly is the worst yet! So far, at least.
I'm satisfy with owning a, Wii so i knew i was getting a upgraded GC from the start.

Still i haven't play it much since those key titles like, Mario Galaxy and MP3 are not out yet.

For the most part.. i've been playing my older consoles more PS2,NEO and Famicom etc.

I'm not too concern over the current generation of consoles yet any ways.
IMG

TR0N

Bump!
Sony speaks on the price drop and announce a new, PS3 that will have a 80GB drive.
IMG

NecroPhile

The good news for 360 fans (all eighteen of 'em) is that Sony's price cut will put the pressure on MS.  Maybe they'll actually improve the cooling for the 360 when they switch to the 65nm processors and lower the price.  At this point, I'm guessing that MS will wait for the 360's replacement to sell a well built console.  And why not?  It worked for Sony.

Turbo D

haha, that was a funny video. I like how the news guy stuck it to the sony dude.
IMG IMG
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: turbo D on 07/10/2007, 01:38 AMhaha, that was a funny video. I like how the news guy stuck it to the sony dude.
Sure was beside Jack Tretton thinks sony is dominant still.

Wich they are not right untile it's get's cheap for every body and get's some killer apps, they will be behind on this console race.
IMG

2X4

I shelled out 6 cnotes for that thing, but I knew exactly what I was getting and what I was getting it for.  I wanted a blu-ray player, and the PS3 is one of if not the best on the market, as well as the cheapest, so with that alone I knew I was getting a bargain.  when you add its other potential as a media station for your entertainment center with upgradable hard drive, I think it is a great little machine.  Plus I can stream media from my PC wirelessly.  I know that the game library for it sucks right now, but I think that will change with the most recent development kit they've released to game developers that will help them harness the machine's testes.  And there are a few goodies out there, I have been playing the hell out of Blazing Angels, and there are at least 3 other games I would buy if I spent that kind of time and money on gaming.

I also think that a lot of people are under the impression that blu-ray and hddvd are evenly matched but that hddvd will become the winner of the format war.  The fact is that blu-ray has nearly twice the capacity of hddvd, so it is the superior format, period.  As far as manufacturer and studio support, it's nearly even, though blu-ray seems to have the upper hand right now. 

Need more?  Three words:  Guitar Hero 3.  Go get a PS3 now!
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

guyjin

Actually this isn't a price drop, really; you can just buy the 60 gig one for the same amount a 20 gig one used to cost.

CrackTiger

Quote from: 2X4 on 07/10/2007, 09:10 PMI also think that a lot of people are under the impression that blu-ray and hddvd are evenly matched but that hddvd will become the winner of the format war.  The fact is that blu-ray has nearly twice the capacity of hddvd, so it is the superior format, period.  As far as manufacturer and studio support, it's nearly even, though blu-ray seems to have the upper hand right now. 
Doesn't HDDVD have better features or something?

The film/video disc format or whatever, not the storage medium.

TR0N

Quote from: guyjin on 07/09/2007, 03:27 AMI would only take a PS3 if it were given to me.

and then I would make a video of myself destroying it.  :dance:
It happen all ready this guy did it at the launch  :mrgreen:
IMG

Joe Redifer

HD-DVD is known for using all MPEG 4 codecs whereas quite a few (not all) BluRay releases use MPEG 2.  MPEG 2 pretty much sucks.  It's what they use for DVD and also HDTV (over the air).  Even at 19 megabits per second, MPEG2 HD OTA can have lots of problems when things start moving fast.  MPEG4 (which is a container format like for the likes of H.264 and whatnot) can do more with less bandwidth.  Supposedly the MPEG 2 BluRay discs look pretty good, but they need like 18 gigs per second to achieve acceptable results.

Turbo D

hey joe, what do you think is a better investment, blu-ray or hd-dvd?
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Eh, I'd probably go with BluRay now since HD-DVD seems to be losing.  It wouldn't hurt to wait, either.

Keranu

IMG

Joe Redifer

SignOfZeta

Unless you are buying the XB360 add-on (which is basically a huge bargain at $200 if you already have a 360) I wouldn't buy either one until dual standard players are $400 or less. Until then its just two asshole companies fighting over turf with functionally identical products.

Shit pisses me off. Laserdisc was the premium product for 20 years, now we get this incremental BS.
IMG

2X4

Quote from: turbo D on 07/11/2007, 04:16 AMhey joe, what do you think is a better investment, blu-ray or hd-dvd?
You already know what I'm gonna say.  But there is another option, the dual format players that some manufacturers are selling.  I don't know if they cost more, but if you really want to stop buying dvds and don't want to commit yet, that's an option.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/11/2007, 04:02 AMHD-DVD is known for using all MPEG 4 codecs whereas quite a few (not all) BluRay releases use MPEG 2.  MPEG 2 pretty much sucks.  It's what they use for DVD and also HDTV (over the air).  Even at 19 megabits per second, MPEG2 HD OTA can have lots of problems when things start moving fast.  MPEG4 (which is a container format like for the likes of H.264 and whatnot) can do more with less bandwidth.  Supposedly the MPEG 2 BluRay discs look pretty good, but they need like 18 gigs per second to achieve acceptable results.
MPEG 2 is a less efficient codec  (squeezes less quality out of the same amount of memory), but blu ray doesn't need as much compression because of its capacity.  However I fully expect that MP4 will be used more in later blu-ray discs with much less compression than is used on HDDVD.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

CrackTiger

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/11/2007, 07:39 PMCED Videodisc!
I've got some He-Man & the MOTU CED discs that I've been dying to watch for some time, but I keep forgetting to track down a player.  :P

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/11/2007, 07:39 PMCED Videodisc!
I thought ab00t posting that, but changed my mind at the last second :D . Don't let Helgeson hear you say that.
IMG

NecroPhile

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/32894/118/

It appears that the $100 price cut was just to clear out the 60gb model to make room for the 80gb model.  Come on Sony!  If you're gonna bring out a 'new' model, can't ya go a little bigger than 80gb?  At least match the 50% larger drive in the 360.  Sheesh!

Turbo D

haha, Thats what I was thinking. I guess sony doesn't want you having that kind of power. I don't know what I'd fill it up with anyways, game saves are really small. Probably just musik and downloaded porn clips  :wink:
IMG IMG
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 07/13/2007, 12:32 PMhttp://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/32894/118/

It appears that the $100 price cut was just to clear out the 60gb model to make room for the 80gb model.  Come on Sony!  If you're gonna bring out a 'new' model, can't ya go a little bigger than 80gb?  At least match the 50% larger drive in the 360.  Sheesh!
I herd about that shesh i guess sony must realy want to lose this console race.

There sales are in a slump and yet they think this will improve things wtf  ](*,)

I was thinking of saving up for the 60gb model because of the price cut.

Looks... like i probably won't get a PS3 realy sony is making it easier for me, to pickup a 360 instead.

Some body needs to smack those ceo at, Sony because clearly they don't have a clue any more on how to run a business. While insulting there fans.. that stuck with them during there run of the PS1&PS2  :evil:

Unless this is just a stunt to boost sales.
IMG

Turbo D

I'm trying to stay away from all next gen consoles; they all seem to have one flaw. Ps3 flaw: insane price and poor selection of games. 360 flaw: faulty hardware can break down and most games are fps. Wii flaw: wiimote can go kamikaze through your new plasma and or window, also not that improved graphics over gamecube (from what I've heard that is).  So, I say stick with the turbo, it only has one flaw. Turboduo flaw: too powerful that it owns all other 16-bit consoles and even some 32-bit and 64-bit as well  :wink:
IMG IMG
IMG

TR0N

IMG

guyjin

The next final fantasy would have to be a system seller on par with FF7, for the ps3 to take 1st place. I highly doubt that will be the case.

The only question now is wether the Wii will overtake the 360 in NA and EU. In JP, Wii will be #1.

kenomac78

FF 13 is the only thing that has me wanting a PS3. of course that is a year or 2 after its release and i can find i for 20 bucks and a used  system for whatever it will be in 2009 or 2010.

but if FF 13 goes multi platform, i will likely never buy a PS3 as everything else is multi platform or not even on the PS3.  but the change from FF 6 to FF 7 was something extraordinary, what will make FF13 different? if anything FF 11 was he most innovative change in 7. not that 8 9 10 and 12 were bad, but much like 1-6 they are similar styled games with  only incremental differences. 

the wii has stolen  the idea of what 'innovative' is. games are going from 3-d on screen to 3-d in real life with controller movements.

even if you disagree with that, they at least own the buzz word to it for the time being, and i dont know what the PS 3 can do to get that back.   but i dont see it coming soon