Alpha Denshi Co.

Started by MotoRoaderMike, 10/20/2007, 04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoRoaderMike

You probably never heard of them, and I could understand why, because many of their games are highly un-memorable, but something really interests me about many of their games. Here's some of the games they've made and a brief synopsis of them:

High Voltage:
hvoltage1.png hvoltage2.png 
First person shooting game with pretty impressive graphics for 1985. KLOV says that the game had speech, but I don't remember getting to any parts of the game that had speech back when I played it.

Time Soldiers:
IMG IMG
Your comrades have been captured and have been forced to travel back in time by Gylend! Now you must save them! Overhead shooter game similar to Ikari Warriors. The music in this game is really weird, I don't even think the way it sounds in MAME is the way it sounds on the actual PCB/arcade cabinet.

Sky Soldiers:
IMG IMG
Basic vertical scrolling shoot 'em up. The plot of the game according to the flyer is:"EXPERIENCE THE PAST......TO PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE". Wait, why do we need to go back in time to prepare for a future war? That makes no sense! We should just go over and kick the enemy army's ass. Anyway, not a bad game. The music sounds exactly the same as in Time Soldiers, and I also think that how the music in the game sounds on MAME is not how it sounds on the actual PCB/arcade cabinet.

Gang Wars:
IMG IMG
A beat 'em up with the most GENERIC storyline you could ever think of. Some girl is kidnapped by some dude, and two other dudes go to rescue her. Generic story aside. Pretty interesting. And before each level, you can raise your characters stats such as defense and offense and speed.

Blue's Journey:
IMG IMG
Cutesy platformer where you rescue a princess or something (Yay, another generic story!), and a pretty good game. One of the company's best IMO.

Ninja Combat:
IMG IMG
This is a title of theirs that I saw ALOT back in the early 90's. To guys named Joe and Hayabusa go to beat the ninjas in the ninja tower, but the game doesn't tell you why. Probably one of their more well-known titles. It's gotten compared to "Gang Wars", but I can't really see the similarities other than that both games were directed by Tsutomu Maruyama, and a city backdrop in the game looks like the one from the first level of Gang Wars.
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

SignOfZeta

Yeah, those and World Heroes.
IMG

ccovell

Don't forget the peerless Magician Lord!

oh, and Twinkle Star Sprites!

ADK was an SNK subsidiary, and you can see their progression from crap games -> campy crap games in the 80s and 90s.

CrackTiger

Time Soldiers and Sky Soldiers were two big games in my hometown.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

I like the colors in High Voltage.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

PCEngineHell

Ninja Masters also. Most of their games had ninjas and time travel or past related themes.

Turbo D

I really like Blue's Journey. Its actually fun and cool.  8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: guest on 10/20/2007, 06:53 PMTime Soldiers and Sky Soldiers were two big games in my hometown.
Where ya from?
/forumsiggs6.jpg

rag-time4

Ninja Combat was one that I saw a lot in local arcades in the early 90s.

I always liked the variety of chracters that you could morph into. A very cool take on the classic beat 'em up.

MotoRoaderMike

QuoteADK was an SNK subsidiary
No it wasn't. There were other companies that published their stuff, like Sega and Tecmo.

Anyway, "Sky Soldiers" would've been a good game on the Turbo.
/forumsiggs6.jpg

nat

Twinkle Star Sprites is fucking awesome.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Joe Redifer

I cannot forgive you for forgetting Magician Lord which is, in my opinion, their best game evar.

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/21/2007, 02:25 AMI cannot forgive you for forgetting Magician Lord which is, in my opinion, their best game evar.
I didn't forget Magician Lord, I was just listing examples of some standout games of theirs.
/forumsiggs6.jpg

Tatsujin

yeah..magican lord is/was amazing!! when e first saw the pics in the mags back then, i was blown away from its color palette! the BGM was amazing as well.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Hobo Xiphas

How can you guys forget

Agressors of
Dark
Kombat

It is a pretty okay game, although the controls can get pretty crusty mustard.  [-(

TR0N

I've liked ADK for Magician Lord,Twinklestar Sprites,Crossed Swords,Time Soliders and for World Heros Prefect plus Blue's Journey as well.

Btw snkp is gonna release the wh collection for the jpn ps2.

Just thought i throw that out.

Also for any body that wounders what crossed swords is.
http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/neo-reviews/CrossedSwords/crossedswords.html
Think punch out yall but with a fantasy theme.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Hobo Xiphas

Crossed Swords 1&2 are awesome but they get old really fast

I swear Crossed Swords 2 seems like it is six hours long  :?

TR0N

Quote from: Derrek Lee Missed His School Bus on 10/21/2007, 04:34 AMCrossed Swords 1&2 are awesome but they get old really fast

I swear Crossed Swords 2 seems like it is six hours long  :?
Yead it can 1p can be boreing while 2p is more fun.

I never played 2 since the damn game is NGCD only.

To bad snk never gave it a aes or mvs release of then of corse,there's rumor of a proto for it but i find that hard to beleave.
IMG

Keranu

Crossed Swords kicks so much ass, definitely a Keranu game.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: Derrek Lee Missed His School Bus on 10/21/2007, 04:21 AMHow can you guys forget

Agressors of
Dark
Kombat

It is a pretty okay game, although the controls can get pretty crusty mustard.  [-(
Yeah, and that Westfield chick is hot too!
/forumsiggs6.jpg

Kitsunexus

CROSSED SWORDS, BABY.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

nat

Anyone wanna sword fight with me?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

SNKNostalgia

Also, they did Ninja Commando an overhead shooter and Ninja Masters which was a pretty damn good 1 on 1 fighter for ADK. They also did Thrash Rally and Over Top both overhead racing games with warning arrows for the turns. All are of course Neo Geo titles. Ninja Masters and Over Top are very pricey and somewhat rare.

I own these ADK titles: Magician Lord, Cross Swords, Blues Journey, Thrash Rally, Ninja Combat, Ninja Commando, and World Heroes 2 Jet. These games are all dirt cheap, except Ninja Commando which can go for $100.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: MotoRoaderMikeI didn't forget Magician Lord, I was just listing examples of some standout games of theirs.
Standout titles?  And you didn't list Magician Lord?  Double no forgiveness!!!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: rag-time4 on 10/20/2007, 09:44 PMNinja Combat was one that I saw a lot in local arcades in the early 90s.

I always liked the variety of chracters that you could morph into. A very cool take on the classic beat 'em up.
Mm, I think you're thinking of the Sengoku series, which was also on Neo Geo.  Unless you could change in Ninja Combat, I don't recall being able to do that.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 10/21/2007, 08:40 PMAlso, they did Ninja Commando an overhead shooter and Ninja Masters which was a pretty damn good 1 on 1 fighter for ADK. They also did Thrash Rally and Over Top both overhead racing games with warning arrows for the turns. All are of course Neo Geo titles. Ninja Masters and Over Top are very pricey and somewhat rare.

I own these ADK titles: Magician Lord, Cross Swords, Blues Journey, Thrash Rally, Ninja Combat, Ninja Commando, and World Heroes 2 Jet. These games are all dirt cheap, except Ninja Commando which can go for $100.
I hope you mean,AES i all ways see them loose dirt cheap on MVS  :wink:

I wouldn't mind giving ninja commando a try but from most reviews it seems kind of short.
IMG

WoodyXP

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 10/22/2007, 03:00 AMMm, I think you're thinking of the Sengoku series, which was also on Neo Geo.  Unless you could change in Ninja Combat, I don't recall being able to do that.
It's kind of like Double Dragon 3 for the NES.  You meet a new character, they join your team
and then you can choose to play as one of them before you go to the next level.
"I bathe in AES carts."

MotoRoaderMike

I hope Blue's Journey and Ninja Combat eventually find their way onto the Virtual Console.
/forumsiggs6.jpg

Ceti Alpha

Yeah, Time Soldiers was pretty huge here as well. I remember all those games from back in the day. I think I have most of them on MAME. I should play a few.  :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"