The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/22/2008, 08:01 AM/haulspce081121nc5.jpg :)
Damn Tatsujin, your collection significantly improves like every week  =P~ . You should show another collection pick sometime. One of the big pluses of living in Japan.

Tom Phobos

guyjin

ooh, Elite 2. People rave about the original like it's the best game ever. have you played it?

rolins

Latest stuff to arrive.

Cross Blaim and Super Laydock for the MSX
/msx1dc0.jpg

Ikari Warriors pcb with 2x NOS SNK LS-30 rotary sticks. The pcb was non-jamma so I built a jamma adapter, its the board with green mop top.

/ikarikw9.jpg

mobiusclimber

Some recent acquisitions:

Shin Seikoku: La Wares (complete in box) - Super Fami
Silent Hill Homecoming - Xbox 360
Infinite Undiscovery - Xbox 360
Sakura Taisen Limited Edition A-Type - Saturn
Might and Magic: Gate to Another World (complete in box) - Sega Genesis
Spectral Tower - Playstation
Princess Minerva - PC Engine CD
Faerie Dust Story - PC Engine CD

These are just the games I've bought for my own collection, not to resell or trade. I'm still waiting on a couple games to arrive in the mail, too.

Tatsujin

finally i got one :)

/wondermegabh5.jpg
/wondermega2qc7.jpg
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

Are you using the built-in S-Video?

Tatsujin

yes i do. is there an other one?

drboom

Recent buys - got each of the BB Crisis DVD's for cheap locally. Playing Chrono Trigger at the mo for the first time - super good. Reprint of Persona 2 snagged off of Amazon during that 'ultra-limited' sale.

IMG
https://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/drboom/DVC00590.jpg

Turbo D

I scored these from various sellers. Now, I just have to wait for my replacement fds belts to come in! :x

IMG
https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/photodavid/fcmarios.jpg
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/29/2008, 10:59 AMyes i do. is there an other one?
Well I guess you could mod it for s-video and have two, or use an external RGB to s-video converter.  But I was referring to using it instead of composite.  Some peeps might not believe that an actual Mega Drive compatible device was released with a tr00 2 god s-video jack.

guyjin

an actual Mega Drive compatible device was released with a tr00 2 god s-video jack? I don't believe it!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/29/2008, 07:53 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/29/2008, 10:59 AMyes i do. is there an other one?
Well I guess you could mod it for s-video and have two, or use an external RGB to s-video converter.  But I was referring to using it instead of composite.  Some peeps might not believe that an actual Mega Drive compatible device was released with a tr00 2 god s-video jack.
yeah..that was one of my two major reasons why i wanted a wondermega so bad, that i can use carts & mega-cds in one and have a tr00 2 god s-video output :) plus, it's so damn good looking^^

i still like to hook up all my things via RGB, but since it's so damn hard to find a RGB-CRT over here (hard to believe but true), i'm just fine with s-video for the time being.

Tatsujin

nin-stuff
/haulnintendo081128gy3.jpg
pce/mc & misc stuff
/haulpceetc081128aa8.jpg
psx/ss stuff
/haulpsxss081128qk3.jpg

rolins

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/29/2008, 11:28 PMi still like to hook up all my things via RGB, but since it's so damn hard to find a RGB-CRT over here (hard to believe but true), i'm just fine with s-video for the time being.
I always thought japanese TVs came with JP21pin for RGB are common like composite video... :-k

Sparky

picked up at a fleamarket today...

ps1...Tail Of The Sun
SMS..Dead Angle
Atari 7800.. Centipede, Food Fight, Galaga, Asteroids
Atari 2600.. Taz, Rampage & Porky's from the 1983 movie :P

Never any turbo/tg16 goodness to found at those places for me :(

Tatsujin

Quote from: rolins on 11/30/2008, 01:30 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/29/2008, 11:28 PMi still like to hook up all my things via RGB, but since it's so damn hard to find a RGB-CRT over here (hard to believe but true), i'm just fine with s-video for the time being.
I always thought japanese TVs came with JP21pin for RGB are common like composite video... :-k
nope, unfortunately not, and only very few came with RGB anyway like sonys line-up but with a different plug like that from the playstation.

blueraven

on eBay: Ninja Warriors. Got to level 3 the first night.

TH0R

street fighter for pce... :-k are there supposed to be two games in this double case?

PCEngineHell

I have had too much stuff arrive over past few weeks, so here are some basic pics of some of it. I simply dont have the time to take pics of everything right now, and more stuff is still on the way too, Joe figures, Ghost in the Shell CAV LD, ect. .

/SUC50753.jpg
/SUC50755.jpg
/SUC50756.jpg
/SUC50757.jpg
/SUC50758.jpg
/SUC50759.jpg

Was a sad, lonely, bare 2-Slot pcb. Had a top and bottom cut, and got it all together sturdy and consolized it. Will prob break back down when weather is warmer, and varnish wood, or whatever. Too cold to do so right now.

/2-slotmainpic.jpg

NecroPhile

^^^ Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 2, and Blade Runner.  =P~

Quote from: TH0R on 12/01/2008, 10:41 PMstreet fighter for pce... :-k are there supposed to be two games in this double case?
Yes; the other side is supposed to contain a copy of Dracula X: Special Version.  :D

Seriously though, no.  The extra space was to provide adequate room for the hump in the HuCard and the thick(ish) manual; the same was done with Populous.  I imagine it was also for marketing purposes, since the immense awesomeness and gigantic 20mb HuCard couldn't possibly have been contained in a mere single sized case.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

I got a narfed Turbo Express with a rotten (wet) battery port (4 of 6 were salvagable) for $13. Now I have to make a new battery connector from wire and solder the damn thing. At least it came with a working TV tuner!!

Pics posted soon; My camera is junk.

somery

QuoteI have had too much stuff arrive over past few weeks, so here are some basic pics of some of it. I simply dont have the time to take pics of everything right now, and more stuff is still on the way too, Joe figures, Ghost in the Shell CAV LD, ect.
Damn, could they get any lower-cut on that low-cut Lady Jaye shirt?

(I hope so. She was one of my faves back in the day. Remember the episode where she got shrunk and.... nevermind.)

TH0R

Quote from: guest on 12/02/2008, 10:07 AM^^^ Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 2, and Blade Runner.  =P~

Quote from: TH0R on 12/01/2008, 10:41 PMstreet fighter for pce... :-k are there supposed to be two games in this double case?
Yes; the other side is supposed to contain a copy of Dracula X: Special Version.  :D

Seriously though, no.  The extra space was to provide adequate room for the hump in the HuCard and the thick(ish) manual; the same was done with Populous.  I imagine it was also for marketing purposes, since the immense awesomeness and gigantic 20mb HuCard couldn't possibly have been contained in a mere single sized case.
that dracula's soo expensive....is there a u.s version

Tatsujin

/megacdhaulrw9.jpg
/divershaul081202jl2.jpg

guyjin

Ceti Alpha

I love the Arkanoid paddle!  =D&gt; Much fancier than the one I had.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

yeah..it needed some maintenace, but now it paddles just very well :)

TR0N

Quote from: ceti alpha on 12/04/2008, 11:22 PMI love the Arkanoid paddle!  =D&gt; Much fancier than the one I had.
The one Tat shows is a pack-in for arkanoid 2 on the famicom.

I have,the game and it's paddle cib too i will say the paddle for it is nice and the cord length is just right too.

Though...i can't say the same for the oirginal on the famicom wich i have as well too cib.

The paddle for it is black with a red knob but i find it's cord length is too short.

Still there is one neat feature for it you can plug the paddle in from the original, arkanoid and into the other and use it for a vs play on arkanoid II.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

right tron :)

there is also a cib "Revenge of Doh" in the other shop near by me for about $18 which i ogle with :-k but at the moment the two losey just do it fine :)

TH0R

p-47 for pce but it doesn't work, white screen. maybe it's broken or cracked   ,did clean it . avenue pad 6 works good

JoshTurboTrollX

Time Splitters Future Perfect and Crimson Skies on XBMC
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ninja Spirit

After 3 weeks of waiting...
IMG IMG
Fatal Fury 2 [ACD]

Vid of myself unpacking it

Tatsujin

yeah..now you own the probably cheapest seald game ever produced in lifetime of mankind =D&gt; :mrgreen:

in a quite big box it came :shock:

rolins

Armed Police Batrider - A dream come true...I'm playing Batrider on real hardware.
/batriderpo0.jpg

Panasonic FS-A1FX MSX2+ - Not bad deal for $80 shipped. It's missing a disk drive but I plan to install a common PC floppy drive to fill the empty space.
/fsa1fxhv5.jpg

Ikari Warriors CP - My HRAP2 didn't have enough space to mount a LS-30 joystick. So I bought a used joystick enclosure that had a 3inch clearance, a perfect fit for the LS-30. I installed some yellow happ buttons, white yenox buttons, and hole plugs that bought from LizardLick.
/ls30joystickys2.jpg

NecroPhile

Bought one of these today:

/buytoday01zd2.jpg

$563 later and my ABS works again.  Yay..... I guess.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

somery

Got this in the mail today.  :mrgreen:

(Not the anime girl, but I had to add something to spice the picture up.)

/metalslugaeo6.jpg

TR0N

Quote from: somery on 12/08/2008, 06:44 PMGot this in the mail today.  :mrgreen:

(Not the anime girl, but I had to add something to spice the picture up.)

/metalslugaeo6.jpg
Have fun with the controller lag hey that's what i hear the most about,msa for the PS2.
IMG

Tatsujin

somery

Quote from: TR0N on 12/09/2008, 12:39 AMHave fun with the controller lag hey that's what i hear the most about,msa for the PS2.
I've only heard that about the Wii and PSP versions. So far it seems fine to me.

TR0N

Quote from: somery on 12/09/2008, 02:02 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 12/09/2008, 12:39 AMHave fun with the controller lag hey that's what i hear the most about,msa for the PS2.
I've only heard that about the Wii and PSP versions. So far it seems fine to me.
For most it's supose to be bad on ms 1-3 and the rest ok.

Though if you ever try to 1cc it then see what happens afther that.
IMG

drboom

Quote from: rolins on 12/07/2008, 01:05 AMArmed Police Batrider - A dream come true...I'm playing Batrider on real hardware.
/batriderpo0.jpg

Panasonic FS-A1FX MSX2+ - Not bad deal for $80 shipped. It's missing a disk drive but I plan to install a common PC floppy drive to fill the empty space.
/fsa1fxhv5.jpg

Ikari Warriors CP - My HRAP2 didn't have enough space to mount a LS-30 joystick. So I bought a used joystick enclosure that had a 3inch clearance, a perfect fit for the LS-30. I installed some yellow happ buttons, white yenox buttons, and hole plugs that bought from LizardLick.
/ls30joystickys2.jpg
Batrider is fantastic - huge Raizing fan (huger Cave fan though...). Good to see others here who are into the pcb thing. Nice MSX as well - been thinking about getting one, but it'd be mostly for show - not too many games I know of on it that I'd like. I'd like to try and play through the Castlevania version on there - the single screen jobber.

No pics, but I got Persona 4 today (yeah!!) and have a code for the closed beta of SMT: Imagine, the MMO game. Going to try that this weekend.
Persona 4 is fantastic so far. A lot like Persona 3, but even more polished.

Tatsujin

batrider is cool, but still nothing beats their debut work mahou daisakusen. my very best rizing oeuvre :D

drboom

Mahou and Shippu Mahou were both great, but I do like my shmups a bit more gritty, less fantasy. That being said, I'd love to find a Mahou board. There was a full kit that went virtually untouched on yahoo japan for 17,500 yen last year.  :shock:

Tatsujin

1.26Kg of finest swiss natural gruyere cheese:

/gruyeredn8.jpg

=P~

Turbo D

That's some sexy cheese you got there Tats! =P~

Here is what Michelle bought me for our anniversary. She really knows the way to my heart. :mrgreen:

IMG
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

blueraven

A precision Torx bit screwdriver set, 1 pack of Ernie Ball super slinky guitar strings, some rosin-core solder, 6 transistor caps  O:) and a 6-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon :twisted:

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/05/2008, 12:50 AMright tron :)

there is also a cib "Revenge of Doh" in the other shop near by me for about $18 which i ogle with :-k but at the moment the two losey just do it fine :)
I can see why just with the game and it's paddle it sure is cheaper.As for myself i'm just rather picky when i got arkanoid 1&2 for the famicom cib.I just like having it's box with the art-work,manual and all.

Though i've notice arkanoid II shows up more cib then what the original does.
IMG

guyjin

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/09/2008, 11:36 PM1.26Kg of finest swiss natural gruyere cheese:

=P~
But there are no holes! it must be fake!