OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/26/2012, 12:37 PM...what...what is that?
An adapter for connecting a SGX to a briefcase.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

alexsduo

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/23/2012, 03:40 PMSweet pick up.  Those blue ice scrapers are uber RARE!  8)
I paid $1500 for the scraper.  I am done with the Cheap $200 dollar ones...
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

alexsduo

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 07/23/2012, 02:43 PM
Quote from: alexsduo on 07/23/2012, 02:34 PMMy job here is complete...

The funny part is the stuff came in an old box, "Bob's Turbo Graphics"

I wonder if "Zach" is like the Dell guy, who got busted with drugs after his commercials.... can we find that guy and see what he is up to?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Curtis_%28actor%29
Yes, that is a link to Ben Curtis's Wikipedia page, whom we know has an addiction problem.  However, the young man in question is the guy on the Turbo Grafx box.  I would like to know his name, his whereabouts and what he is wearing.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: alexsduo on 07/26/2012, 01:00 PM

I wonder if "Zach" is like the Dell guy, who got busted with drugs after his commercials.... can we find that guy and see what he is up to?
Yes, that is a link to Ben Curtis's Wikipedia page, whom we know has an addiction problem.  However, the young man in question is the guy on the Turbo Grafx box.  I would like to know his name, his whereabouts and what he is wearing. 
Link was posted to give more insight into the Dell guy himself. A lot of people actually don't remember him or have any idea who that clown was, so your brief mentioning of him may hold no meaning for some. Same as if out of no where I made a comparison to the Rallys cha ching guy. A lot of people don't remember him, and most seem to not realize it was Seth Green. As for your Turbografx kid, odds are no one will ever know who he is. Its not worth pondering over.

FiftyQuid

Bought me a NES Control Deck today!  Picked it up from Weirdguy on the CGCC forums.  Clean unit, with 2 controllers, original paperwork, original hook-ups and near mint box/packaging.  $50!  I'm super stoked as I've been looking for a NES for a few months now.  I've found at least 3 units before, but they were all in the USA and shipping to Canada always put them over $60 (US Dollars).  $50 CAD was my limit so the price was perfect.  Pics to come!!!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PikachuWarrior

did it come with game and light gun or was that a different packaging?
IMG

PikachuWarrior

So my $30 Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition came in (Xbox 360), but it arrived with the plastic torn, so back it goes! If you aren't a sealed game collector, you wouldn't understand the fixation. It's amazon's fault for not using proper shipping packaging. The replacement is being overnight shipped--should arrive tomorrow!

/20120726172849.jpg
IMG

Opethian

...sealed...game....collector....
I'm uncomfortable
IMG

PikachuWarrior

Not every single game, just certain ones, and only current-gen for the most part.
IMG

Sparky

Quote from: Opethian on 07/26/2012, 08:22 PM...sealed...game....collector....
I'm uncomfortable
Storino03 is our very own sealed sheriff..
IMG

PikachuWarrior

I don't have any old sealed games, unless you count Gamecube/Playstation 2 era as being old, so I don't know what you're talking about.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Opethian on 07/26/2012, 12:29 PMIMG
its called an RAU-30
That still won't work otherwise I would have been all over that for the SuperGrafx episode of Game Sack.  For whatever idiotic reason (and it has been proven that NEC is nothing if not idiots) the shape of the expansion port is different in the US than it is in Japan.  Plus there is a giant wire coming out of the side, right where it needs to NOT be,  My TG-CD interface is modded with an RGB out which I can transcode to component or s-video.  I would have loved to make higher quality recordings for the episode.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/26/2012, 04:57 PMdid it come with game and light gun or was that a different packaging?
It's just the base console, but he tossed in a light gun for $5 as well.  I figure the kids could use it.  I never had one growing up.  I was never a fan of the Zapper.

esteban

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/27/2012, 02:13 AM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/26/2012, 04:57 PMdid it come with game and light gun or was that a different packaging?
It's just the base console, but he tossed in a light gun for $5 as well.  I figure the kids could use it.  I never had one growing up.  I was never a fan of the Zapper.
Hogan's Alley is fun for kids (and you). Simple, classic, solid game, IMHO. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: esteban on 07/27/2012, 06:01 AM
It's just the base console, but he tossed in a light gun for $5 as well.  I figure the kids could use it.  I never had one growing up.  I was never a fan of the Zapper.
Hogan's Alley is fun for kids (and you). Simple, classic, solid game, IMHO. :pcgs:
It's been 25 years since I held a Zapper in my hand so maybe I'll give it another chance.  It's already paid for itself, my 3 year old son ran around the house yesterday shooting his 1 year old sister yelling "You're dead!  You're dead!"  Awe... children are so special.  Memories that last a lifetime.

esteban

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/27/2012, 10:11 AM
Quote from: esteban on 07/27/2012, 06:01 AM
It's been 25 years since I held a Zapper in my hand so maybe I'll give it another chance.  It's already paid for itself, my 3 year old son ran around the house yesterday shooting his 1 year old sister yelling "You're dead!  You're dead!"  Awe... children are so special.  Memories that last a lifetime.
Cherish these moments :pcgs:.

DrBread

Gauntlet Seven Sorrows and Cadash.

IMG
I really like video games...

Nando

CADASH!!!!

how was seven sorrows btw? wasn't that the one with Romero doing the levels?

DrBread

Quote from: Nando on 07/27/2012, 12:09 PMCADASH!!!!

how was seven sorrows btw? wasn't that the one with Romero doing the levels?
I haven't gotten to playing it yet. I always loved the gauntlet games.
I really like video games...

alexsduo

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 07/26/2012, 01:07 PM

Link was posted to give more insight into the Dell guy himself. A lot of people actually don't remember him or have any idea who that clown was, so your brief mentioning of him may hold no meaning for some. Same as if out of no where I made a comparison to the Rallys cha ching guy. A lot of people don't remember him, and most seem to not realize it was Seth Green. As for your Turbografx kid, odds are no one will ever know who he is. Its not worth pondering over.
Um, have you seen some of the pointless, dumb, and not worth pondering over moments, mostly posted by me?  I want to know what he knows, and see what he has seen.  I am sure we can figure this one out...

PCEngineHell

Quote from: alexsduo on 07/27/2012, 01:58 PMUm, have you seen some of the pointless, dumb, and not worth pondering over moments, mostly posted by me?  I want to know what he knows, and see what he has seen.  I am sure we can figure this one out...
He has seen the vast endless black horrors of deep space. He has fought against the Tyranid invasion, and against Ork, Eldar, and Daemon alike. He, along with fellow space marines Brad and Toast fell on a space hulk in the service of the Emperor of Mankind.

Thats all you need to know.

/fallenspacemarines.png

8bitForLife

Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

8bitForLife

Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

PikachuWarrior

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 07/27/2012, 03:01 PM
Quote from: alexsduo on 07/27/2012, 01:58 PMUm, have you seen some of the pointless, dumb, and not worth pondering over moments, mostly posted by me?  I want to know what he knows, and see what he has seen.  I am sure we can figure this one out...
He has seen the vast endless black horrors of deep space. He has fought against the Tyranid invasion, and against Ork, Eldar, and Daemon alike. He, along with fellow space marines Brad and Toast fell on a space hulk in the service of the Emperor of Mankind.

Thats all you need to know.

/fallenspacemarines.png
I wonder if they still have any Turbo swag for being a promotional figure and all.
IMG

PikachuWarrior

Got my replacement FFXIII-2 CE in great condition today. Now I can send the other back.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: alexsduo on 07/27/2012, 01:58 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 07/26/2012, 01:07 PM

Um, have you seen some of the pointless, dumb, and not worth pondering over moments, mostly posted by me?  I want to know what he knows, and see what he has seen.  I am sure we can figure this one out...
I'm with alexsduo, I would love to know WHERE the dude from the TG-16 box is, WHAT he's doing now, and IF HE EVEN KNOWS THAT WE LOVE HIM.

There aren't too many communities that openly embrace the male model(s) featured on packaging of consumer electronics.

We are such a community.

And I'm serious about wanting Joe to make a mini-documentary "Where is he know" video.

Samurai Ghost

Wait so is his name officially Zach now? Because I think it really suits him.

Mathius

Here is some of my VGS haul plus things I didn't post due to a missing camera...

/105_0499.jpg
My newly FM modded Sega Master System. Thanks to Jeff Lewis my little SMS is rockin to teh FM!

/105_0500.jpg
Here is the business side. Playing in S-Video is the only way to go with early SEGA consoles

/105_0498.jpg
Picked the loose Soldier Blade up at a retro gaming store in downtown Chicago.
The Star Ocean is a repro with English patch. From RetroUSB.
Picked that complete Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts up at the show along with Bonk (GB) for $15. The SGnG looks unused!

And the main event...

/105_0501.jpg
This is a first generation X68000 from BlueBMW. She may be old but she can still sing her heart out. There is nothing quite like FM synth.
As an added bonus I received a complete minty Phalanx for the X68k. Thanks again, Beems! :D

Mishran

Hell, guys... As far as anyone knows, that could have been just a random pic of some guy that the box designers found and thought "looked" the part. He may have no real connection with the system or NEC.

esteban

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 07/27/2012, 06:18 PMWait so is his name officially Zach now? Because I think it really suits him.
His name has to be Zach.

Quote from: Mishran on 07/27/2012, 09:15 PMHell, guys... As far as anyone knows, that could have been just a random pic of some guy that the box designers found and thought "looked" the part. He may have no real connection with the system or NEC.
This is precisely the sort of information I want to clarify. For real.

PikachuWarrior

How much was the Soldier Blade at the store? What store in Chicago lol (I'm close by :))
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/27/2012, 10:02 PMHow much was the Soldier Blade at the store? What store in Chicago lol (I'm close by :))
I dont know what he paid, but it was at People Play Games near downtown.  They did have a boxed soldier blade there too.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

I paid $70 for the SB. They wanted almost $400 for the boxed copy. No thanks. They can keep it for that price.

PikachuWarrior

IMG

Frank_fjs

Nice modded Master System! P.s. screw s-video, they natively output RGB!

Mathius

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 07/27/2012, 11:50 PMNice modded Master System! P.s. screw s-video, they natively output RGB!
RGB isn't an option for me. Plus, s-vid is just fine for me at the moment. It's still beautiful! :D

meka

I sold a IFU 30 with CD ROM2 and Pc Engine

Bernie

Quote from: meka on 07/28/2012, 12:03 PMI sold a IFU 30 with CD ROM2 and Pc Engine
:lol:  This is the "What did you buy today thread" not the "What did you sell".   #-o   :mrgreen:

BlueBMW

Got in the motherlode today:

All X68000 games:

Valis 2, Garou Densetsu 2 + pad
/68khaul1.jpg

Image Fight, Scorpius, Geograph Seal, Etoile Princesse, Cotton, Parodius Da!
/68khaul2.jpg

Space Harrier, Galaga 88, Dragon Spirit, Fantasy Zone, Ys 1, Xevious
/68khaul3.jpg

Sylvalion, Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari (river city ransom, Kunio Soccer, Cockpit, Populous, Cloud Master
/68khaul4.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Samurai Ghost

PCEngineHell

Impressive haul, but what will you do when the diskettes fail? Are you able to make backup copies of the games with standard diskettes?

Mathius

BlueBMW

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 07/28/2012, 04:04 PMImpressive haul, but what will you do when the diskettes fail? Are you able to make backup copies of the games with standard diskettes?
You can either attempt to rewrite the originals, or write copies from images.  I've had a few bad disks, but so far I've been lucky and have been able to repair / rewrite them.

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/28/2012, 04:34 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 07/28/2012, 04:04 PMImpressive haul, but what will you do when the diskettes fail? Are you able to make backup copies of the games with standard diskettes?
You can either attempt to rewrite the originals, or write copies from images.  I've had a few bad disks, but so far I've been lucky and have been able to repair / rewrite them.
Yeah as long as you have the capability to write images to disks then you should be fine. The packaging/instructions is mostly where it's at anyway (aside from the actual game!).

Nando

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 07/28/2012, 04:48 PMThe packaging/instructions is mostly where it's at anyway
I was so impressed by these.

esteban

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/28/2012, 03:46 PMGot in the motherlode today:

All X68000 games:

Valis 2...
You had me at "Valis 2"... Please do a very thorough review and post it here for me. I'm pretty sure you played through the PCE Valis II. If so, compare/contrast, when possible!

GODDAMN, all those classic games on the X68000.... :pcds:

TheClash603

Beamer gets all the coolest toys.  I gotta ask my gf if I can have permission to go over and play at your house.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: esteban on 07/29/2012, 12:13 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/28/2012, 03:46 PMGot in the motherlode today:

All X68000 games:

Valis 2...
You had me at "Valis 2"... Please do a very thorough review and post it here for me. I'm pretty sure you played through the PCE Valis II. If so, compare/contrast, when possible!

GODDAMN, all those classic games on the X68000.... :pcds:
X68k Valis II has very nice graphics, smooth scrolling, and fantastic music.  However the control is beyond terrible, the worst control in the entire series, and that's saying something.  You are essentially locked to a grid (think Tomb Raider), but no "walk button" so you constantly run off platforms to your death, plus UP to jump and you need good momentum or you will not make the jumps.  The music is so good I keep playing it anyway though.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

BlueBMW

Anyone passing through Knoxville is welcome to stop by.

Mishran

Knoxville, eh? Passed by there on my way to Arkansas, which is where I am at the moment and for the next two weeks. Love it down here! :dance: