The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PukeSter

Quote from: esteban on 12/02/2012, 02:39 PMNOTE TO SELF: Stop looking at this damn thread. It just makes me lust for things I can't have.
You can if you're this guy :D

images.myspace /l.jpg

bob

aquired in a trade for the metal super mario tray I posted a page back or so...

/turbo/boy1.jpg

PunkCryborg

Quote from: dingsbums on 12/02/2012, 10:08 AMFirst things first  :D .
A long time ago I got a SegaSonic the Hedgehog PCB - and this thing has a suicide battery like this :cry:  : /suicideiq.jpg

Thanks to Rossyra (arcadeotaku) and his ROM burning skills the PCB is finally suicide free  :D  : /segasonic.jpg

Yesterday I went for a "little" trip  8) : /788km.jpg

I brought this home  :D : /allepcbs.jpg

The PCB's are (PCB first, then title screen):
/armedpolice.jpg
/battleba.jpg
/dogyuun.jpg
/finalstar.jpg
/ghoulsn.jpg
/ninjaqp.jpg
/outfoxies.jpg
/outzone.jpg
/rtypeleo.jpg

SorcerStriker-PCB.webp
SorcerStriker-1.webp
Holy crap Dingsbums that's the awesomest haul ive ever seen ever. worth the trip I'm sure :D

ApolloBoy

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 12/02/2012, 12:34 PMmust be an Asian PAL unit or something, because I could play my PAL copies of Sonic 2 & OutRun with it... :s
Sonic 2 and Out Run aren't region locked so they should play on any Genesis/MD regardless of region. If the MDs have RF output then they're definitely PAL units.
IMG

Ji-L87

Quote from: ApolloBoy on 12/02/2012, 11:57 PM
Quote from: Ji-L87 on 12/02/2012, 12:34 PMmust be an Asian PAL unit or something, because I could play my PAL copies of Sonic 2 & OutRun with it... :s
Sonic 2 and Out Run aren't region locked so they should play on any Genesis/MD regardless of region. If the MDs have RF output then they're definitely PAL units.
Huh. Didn't know there actually were region free games on the MD/Genesis :-k That's cool.
Can't remember if it has RF or not, need to check that when I get home.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: galam on 12/02/2012, 04:29 PMaquired in a trade for the metal super mario tray I posted a page back or so...

/turbo/boy1.jpg
Have fun with Dark Castle, probably the worst game I've ever played. If you think the genesis version is bad try the CDi one after that..... It IS good for a laugh though. The Apple version is supposed to be the definitive version and has a cult following of sorts.

bartre

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 12/03/2012, 02:36 AM
Quote from: ApolloBoy on 12/02/2012, 11:57 PM
Huh. Didn't know there actually were region free games on the MD/Genesis :-k That's cool.
Can't remember if it has RF or not, need to check that when I get home.
yeah, a good chunk of genny games are that way.
it was a cost cutting thing, iirc, they'd produce a whole bunch of carts at once, and then just slap different stickers on it.
I've seen copies of strider returns on genny with a genesis sticker over another one (that presumably says mega drive.)

majors

Quote from: dingsbums on 12/02/2012, 10:08 AMI brought this home  :D :

[pic's of SICK shit!]
Just WOW. I'm not jelly, I'm more a PB'n J, dripping out the sides impressed! That has got to be the best PCB haul I've seen this year. I hope you still have rent money after that purchase.

A local buddy is on the hunt for a Leo, I'll have to rub it in about your find :)

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 12/03/2012, 09:24 AMHave fun with Dark Castle, probably the worst game I've ever played.
We agree on something! Energy still no good to me and CDi can fall off a bridge.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Nando

Quote from: esteban on 12/02/2012, 02:39 PMNOTE TO SELF: Stop looking at this damn thread. It just makes me lust for things I can't have.
+1

BlueBMW

Quote from: dingsbums on 12/02/2012, 10:08 AMYesterday I went for a "little" trip  8) : /788km.jpg

I brought this home  :D : /allepcbs.jpg

The PCB's are (PCB first, then title screen):

SorcerStriker-PCB.webp
SorcerStriker-1.webp
SorcerStriker-2.webp
Ooh sorcer striker... yumm.  Ill just stick with the 68000 version as thats probably a stupid pricey pcb.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

Got a JVC Xeye in today, along with a few games.  The thing looks brand new and plays perfectly.  The JVC controller that came with it has issues tho.  Couple of the buttons don't respond right away, unless you really press on em hard.  I would thing this would be a simple fix though.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Bernie on 12/03/2012, 08:55 PMGot a JVC Xeye in today, along with a few games.  The thing looks brand new and plays perfectly.  The JVC controller that came with it has issues tho.  Couple of the buttons don't respond right away, unless you really press on em hard.  I would thing this would be a simple fix though.
Id just swap the guts out of a regular genny pad.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

bob

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 12/03/2012, 09:24 AM
Quote from: galam on 12/02/2012, 04:29 PMaquired in a trade for the metal super mario tray I posted a page back or so...

/turbo/boy1.jpg
Have fun with Dark Castle, probably the worst game I've ever played. If you think the genesis version is bad try the CDi one after that..... It IS good for a laugh though. The Apple version is supposed to be the definitive version and has a cult following of sorts.
Haha. Yeah i figured, The box makes it look like a poor mans Castlevania. I looked it up on gamefaqs, and it has a 1.2 rating. I think that's the lowest I've seen.

Bernie

Let me know how far you get.  Also, check out Angry Video Game Nerd's review of it.  Lol.  Dark Castle is one of those games I bought as  a kid, by judging the cover.....man was I pissed.

BlueBMW

Not video game related, but at least its from the right time period...

Finally got rid of the old boat BMW that was falling apart...

Not my first choice being a 'vert, but it was in good shape and is a whole lot easier to work on!

/Car%20stuff/Car1.jpg
/Car%20stuff/Car3.jpg

Opethian

IMG

Sparky

You know my feelings on bmw's :P but that's classy my friend. 8)

roflmao

hizaygizirlz

Here is most of my stuff over the last few months minus some Intellivsion stuff and GOG stuff.  Most of this has come in the last week and a half so I haven't really sampled it all.

Most of this was black friday besides XCOM and Halo.

IMG

This is from Ope, vestcunt, ebay, and some homebrews.  The remote I already own not sure how it snuck in there.

IMG

I am staying out of for sale threads and off ebay until late January.  There is only one game I want in Jan for PS3 (Ni No Kuni: Wraith of the White Witch) so hopefully I will be OK.  I will post the Inty stuff when I gather it up.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

CGQuarterly

Quote from: Bernie on 12/03/2012, 08:55 PMGot a JVC Xeye in today, along with a few games.  The thing looks brand new and plays perfectly.  The JVC controller that came with it has issues tho.  Couple of the buttons don't respond right away, unless you really press on em hard.  I would thing this would be a simple fix though.
Clean the contacts on the PCB with a white eraser (or a swab moistened with rubbing alcohol.) wipe the conductive rubber pads with a cotton swab moistened with rubbing alcohol.  Controller should work like new.

Chris

NecroPhile

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/03/2012, 10:40 PM/Car3.jpg
Is that wire sticking out of the console a pull for the ejection seat or some sort of cup holder (looks sturdy)?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BlueBMW

Cup holder, which is non existent in all old bmws.  Thats actually one of the best cup holder solutions Ive seen in these old cars.

Nando

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/04/2012, 11:20 AMCup holder, which is non existent in all old bmws.
(0_o) really?

What year is that one beemer?

Joe Redifer

OK here's what I have acquired in the last 2 weeks:

IMG

-Wii U (not pictured) but it came with that Nintendo Land game. - $349.95 (screw you suckers who paid $349.99!)

-Need for Speed Most Wanted: A Criterion Game (yes that's the actual title). - PS3 - $59.95. Great game. Not as cool as Burnout Paradise but still really, really good. Some things have improved upon Burnout Paradise's foundation, though.

-Little Big Planet Karting. -  PS3 - $19.95 at Best Buy (after $5 off coupon).  Worth it?  Yeah I dunno. Not horrible by any means but not amazing in any way. Haven't tried and user-created tracks or online yet.

-Sonic Generations - Xbox360 - $18.95 at Target. I waited for the price to drop on this and I'm glad I did. The main stages are really fun, but there's quite a delay between pressing the jump button and actually jumping. I don't like that I have to earn the boss fights by going back to each stage a few times and doing stupid shit like having Knuckles dig for treasure. Sonic still hasn't returned to his former glory. They just can't get a Sonic game right and keep trying to include all of this other extra shit that just gets in the way instead of adding to the fun. What's wrong with you, Sega?

-New Super Mario Bros U - Wii U - $59.95 - Target. It's weird paying $60 for the same exact game that's on the Wii. Is there any difference? I haven't noticed any yet. This is about as different as Madden 94 is from Madden 93.

- Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (yes, that's the actual title) - Wii U - $20 - Target. I originally bought the Wii U with 3 games, This, Mario U, and Batman Arkham City U. They were having a "buy two, get the 3rd for half price" thing, so this was $20.  Before I even got out of the store, I decided I didn't want Batman, so I returned it at Guest Services. They refunded the full $59.95 and I still kept this game for $20. It's about what it's worth. Sonic is featured more prominently and they dropped Sega from the title which was dumb as now the title doesn't make any sense. The game is nowhere near as good as the first one. The flying and boating are cool, but overall the game just isn't as fun and the tracks are not as well designed. It's hard to drift long enough to get a boost now and the difficulty is really ramped up as well. The selection of characters is also pretty lame. I have no idea how to unlock more despite me playing this far more than any other Wii U game. A serious downgrade from the first game. Despite being fun, it's still rather disappointing. This is the BONUS EDITION as you can tell by looking at the box. This means there are extra bugs and glitches that aren't in the 360 or PS3 versions.

-Wii U Xbox 360 controller - Wii U - Forgot the price, but fiance bought it for me. This works for only one game that I have. Why did I get this? It will never be supported in the majority of good games. I am an idiot. What's weird is that when I'm pressing the buttons with my right thumb, I instinctively want to movie it DOWN to touch the right analog stick, not up where it actually needs to go.

-The Dark Knight Rises - Blu-ray - Batman makes a couple of cameos in this movie.

-SD2SNES - SNES - $180 - This allows me to do suspicious, questionable and highly illegal things on my Super Nintendo. This can ONLY be used for illegal things. I made my own cart shell and label.

TheClash603

Hey Joe, you should give the Challenge Mode a shot on Mario U.  I am having a lot of fun (AND FRUSTRATION!) going for the gold medals.

I have played some multiplayer NBA 2k13 and the Wii U Pro Controller is required.  Also it is needed to do multiplayer COD, where one player looks at the screen and the other gets the TV.  I think you will end up happy you have one.  I am actually hoping that Toys R Us gets 2 in before their buy one get one 50% off sale on accessories is over.  Once I have 3, I will be all set for video game nights.

Seems like you are really down on the Wii U.

Joe Redifer

Any faults with Mario U and Sonic All Stars isn't the fault of the console. But I'm not interested in games like NBA 2K or Call of Duty.

NecroPhile

The mailman delivered a copy of Mysterious Song and the preorder bonus thing.  Woot!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mishran

Latest aquisition...

/img0596aw.jpg
/img0597r.jpg

System is complete in box with manual and antistatic bag. Also came with a bonus unused, good quality JAMMA harness.

Bukiri One looks like it was rode hard and laid out wet, but the other three appear to be full kits and look to be either new or VERY lightly used.

Speaking of other three, they are:
Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition
Samurai Spirits 64
Samurai Spirits 64: Warrior's Rage

Not sure why I'm in such a Neo craze lately, but this thing is fun as hell! Especially Warrior's Rage.

TheClash603

I always wanted to give those games a try Mishran, as I have never played any of them.  Very cool.

Mishran

It's just unfortunate that my home made "supergun" power supply is not sufficient to power this beast. Had to temporarily borrow my arcade cab from my MVS board to play it. Need to invest in a better power supply or perhaps another cab. Hmm. :-k

bartre

Quote from: Mishran on 12/05/2012, 05:35 PMIt's just unfortunate that my home made "supergun" power supply is not sufficient to power this beast. Had to temporarily borrow my arcade cab from my MVS board to play it. Need to invest in a better power supply AND another cab. Hmm. :-k
fixed that for ya.

VenomMacbeth

Still waiting on some stuff, but here's what I've gotten recently:

IMG
The screen is pretty scratched up, but it still works mostly.  I'll probably get the caps changed anyway, though.

IMG
I LOVE this thing.  It's missing the battery pack, but still, so worth it.

IMG

IMG
Thanks, Keith Courage!

IMG

IMG

IMG
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

sirhcman

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 12/07/2012, 03:27 PMStill waiting on some stuff, but here's what I've gotten recently:

IMG
I can't imagine Rolling Thunder being any good on the NES!

PunkCryborg

Venom, I might have a battery pack for your Nomad I'll check sometime soon

TR0N

IMG
/batsacandmetr.png
The device next to the sfc is a super everdrive  :mrgreen:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

hizaygizirlz

Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

NightWolve

Quote from: TR0N on 12/08/2012, 01:00 AMIMG
Did you get that Super Everdrive used or paid that $190 for it ?

TR0N

Quote from: NightWolve on 12/08/2012, 01:34 AM
Used from a person over at neo-geo . com and it has the dsp-1 chip in it as well.
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: TR0N on 12/08/2012, 01:39 AMUsed from a person over at neo-geo . com and it has the dsp-1 chip in it as well.
Lucky. I think I want one as it might possibly rekindle my gaming interest for that system (that's why I'm getting a Turbo Everdrive), but that's why it'd be hard to justify a $190 price tag. If I loved playing videogames like every weekend as I used to when I was young, then yeah, it's worth it. These days, if I beat 2 or 3 games a year, it's a miracle. SNES had a great, solid library, but do I still love it enough to spend that kind of dough is the thing and then I'll have to track down worthwhile ROM images to use it with.

Anyhow, there's still something different about using a real console and just settling for the emulator, I dunno why. 'Bout the only game I beat with the ZSNES emulator was Terranigma after learning it was a Quintet game that had been released in the UK in English, but not in the US. It was a pleasure to get to play that I recall, interesting story and good action RPG in the mold of the prior stuff Quintet did. The other game that I can think of was this Japanese Wild West shooting one that was kind of fun... I tried to play Secret of Mana 3 with the fan translation patch, but I quit, I dunno, I wasn't feeling it plus those days I was more interested in spending all my time mastering the creating of fan translation patches myself for Ys games, oddly enough.

Recently, I was having fun doing the YPbPr mod for my SNES and I wound up playing some Super Punchout with it the other week (Wish the game was longer, takes 2-3 days really to learn enough to beat it, but it was good fun). So yeah, modding work has sparked some interest in a system that was collecting dust for like 12 years... but then I think about all the PS1 and PS2 games I bought that are still sitting unplayed/untouched (a game stack that I put next to my workstation, in my face, to get me to eventually play them, though it didn't work)... Meh. I haven't really recovered from when I was working on my Bachelor's to my first jobs upon graduation where I transitioned from rabid game player to moderate/occasional game collector who might play a game or two per year (some exceptions were made for FF games). This is also why I have that stupid backloggery thingy in my signature, to help me try to *finally* knock off some PS2 games I've had for years and years... A constant reminder that I've got a good gaming collection that I need to finish.

IMG

TR0N

Quote from: NightWolve on 12/08/2012, 03:53 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 12/08/2012, 01:39 AMUsed from a person over at neo-geo . com and it has the dsp-1 chip in it as well.
Lucky. I think I want one as it might possibly rekindle my gaming interest for that system (that's why I'm getting a Turbo Everdrive), but that's why it'd be hard to justify a $190 price tag. If I loved playing videogames like every weekend as I used to when I was young, then yeah, it's worth it. These days, if I beat 2 or 3 games a year, it's a miracle. SNES had a great, solid library, but do I still love it enough to spend that kind of dough is the thing and then I'll have to track down worthwhile ROM images to use it with.

Anyhow, there's still something different about using a real console and just settling for the emulator, I dunno why. 'Bout the only game I beat with the ZSNES emulator was Terranigma after learning it was a Quintet game that had been released in the UK in English, but not in the US. It was a pleasure to get to play that I recall, interesting story and good action RPG in the mold of the prior stuff Quintet did. The other game that I can think of was this Japanese Wild West shooting one that was kind of fun... I tried to play Secret of Mana 3 with the fan translation patch, but I quit and those days I was more interested in spending all my time mastering the creating of fan translation patches myself for Ys games, oddly enough.

Recently, I was having fun doing the YPbPr mod for my SNES and I wound up playing some Super Punchout with it the other week (Wish the game was longer, takes 2-3 days really to learn enough to beat it, but it was good fun). But yeah, modding work has sparked some interest in a system that was collecting dust for like 12 years... but then I think about all the PS1 and PS2 games I bought that are still sitting unplayed/untouched (a game stack that I put next to my workstation, in my face, to get me to eventually play them, though it didn't work)... Meh. I haven't really recovered from when I was working on my Bachelor's to my first jobs upon graduation where I transitioned from rabid game player to moderate/occasional game collector who might play a game or two per year (some exceptions were made for FF games). This is also why I have that stupid backloggery thingy in my signature, to help me try to *finally* knock off some PS2 games I've had for years and years...
Yeah emulation isn't all ways a 100% so flash cartridges,such as the everdrive it gives me a reason to own the console again.Another thing being i don't have to worry about having a big collection either.I wasn't sure if i wanted a snes again since it's prices started to spike.When i heard about the super everdrive and seen what it can do i thought why not.Still "i will buy some for the sfc" but not to much for it.The super everdrive works great so far,now it can't run super fx games or even megaman x.Still that's no lost to me i can all ways buy those.Also ive tried sfc games that have the fan translation and they work great through it.
IMG

csgx1

$190? I don't think the regular Super Everdrive cost that much.  Its more like $80 for the loose pcb.  You might be thinking of the newer snes flash cart, SD2SNES which is the one that cost $200 since it supports more enhanced chips and has other features.

Joe Redifer

Yeah Super Everdrives are cheap (and quite slow loading, from what I hear). SD2SNES is like a Mega Everdrive compared to the original Everdrive. RAM-based, loads pretty much instantly and can do lots more nonsense.

MrFlutterPie

I got Shinobi for the 3DS and Adventure Time collectors edition and Green lantern for the DS.

TR0N

Quote from: csgx1 on 12/08/2012, 01:37 PM
The device next to the sfc is a super everdrive  :mrgreen:
$190? I don't think the regular Super Everdrive cost that much.  Its more like $80 for the loose pcb.  You might be thinking of the newer snes flash cart, SD2SNES which is the one that cost $200 since it supports more enhanced chips and has other features.
It did not cost $190.00 me it was less plus it has the dsp-1 chip in it,it is not the regular version.

As csgx1 stated nightwolve only the SD2SNES cost $200.00.
IMG

nectarsis

Free movie, and a SWEET deal on Baseball Stars 2  :dance: :dance:

/DSCN3318.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

jeffhlewis

Just got back from a trip to NYC - while I was there I got a chance to hit up VideoGamesNewYork in the East Village which I'd always wanted to check out. I will say the selection on the shelves was fantastic - lots of good domestics and imports, both new and old. The prices of course were a little much (as I was expecting).

IMG

I picked up a minty complete copy of Parodious Da for the Super Famicom along with R-Types for the PS1 for about $50 total.

I also dragged the lady over to the Nintendo Store by Rockefeller Center - they had a small museum area on the 2nd floor which was nice, though slightly underwhelming - nothing too rare on display. The only thing I picked up there was a cool little set of Nintendo commemorative Hanafuda playing cards that were tucked in the back of the store.

Sidearms Special comes courtesy of Bernie - thanks man!

IMG

Here's a shot of the Turbo/PCE section which was unfortunately sorely lacking and nuts expensive:

IMG
IMG

Yes that is Battle Ace loose for $29, haha.

BlueBMW

Hmm, the 32-bit Successor of the TurboGarfx-16?  Sounds interesting!

ApolloBoy

Bought a few loose Mark III games from hit-japan today for about $44 shipped, including Alien Syndrome, Out Run, Super Wonder Boy in Monster Land and The Ninja. I usually don't buy anything during December because of Xmas but I might be trading off my Japanese SMS for a Mark III so I thought I'd get prepared. :)
IMG

Mishran

Just got Metal Slug 5 MVS, which was the last slug game I needed for MVS.

The game is fun and has some cool features, but it just doesn't draw ya in and keep your attention like the others do. Just feels like its lacking something...

Nando

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/11/2012, 01:37 AMHmm, the 32-bit Successor of the TurboGarfx-16?  Sounds interesting!
I heard it had tons of anime boobies!'