@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Xele, that's a beautiful setup! I have the same CIB Mega Drive you have though I've always wanted a minty Mega CD. Congrats dude! Again, one of the prettiest setups in classic gaming.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Mathius on 12/16/2015, 09:52 PMXele, that's a beautiful setup! I have the same CIB Mega Drive you have though I've always wanted a minty Mega CD. Congrats dude! Again, one of the prettiest setups in classic gaming.
Thanks man!  I think that Sega had some pretty awesome designs for hardware back then and I am still a sucker for them to this day. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

munchiaz

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/16/2015, 09:20 PMIMG

Originally Devils Thrid wasn't on my radar. I saw a review and figured oh good another $12 game to pick up like the majority of my WiiU games.

But then I saw people posting on FB that it has a limited physical print and its quickly selling out.

So I picked up a copy. Long story short I traveled to Edinburg TX from San Antonio for a day and while traveling I checked the GameStop app to see if any where available. A few places had one but they where all on hold or being shipped out to another store.

I gave up once I got to my home town and checked for Pikmin 3. The store that had a copy I asked if they had Devils Third expecting a no.  But they said YES. But it was a pre order. I was surprised they held onto a pre order that long but the guy thought the game came out yesterday. I was all no it'd been it for a few day. He double checked and was all oh. Wow. I guess you can have it.

So I told him to hold both games sonincan pick it up the next day as it was almost 10PM and I wouldn't make it.

So yeah. Picked it up today. I don't expect much from the game honestly but that might actually increase my enjoyment.
So far the single player is mediocre. The multiplayer however is a lot of fun

esadajr

Quote from: guest on 12/16/2015, 12:03 PMI finally got a chance to post pictures of this recent arrival from Japan! 

I was extremely lucky on my bidding for a Mega Karaoke unit, probably one of the rarest 16-bit peripherals that Sega released for the Mega Drive and Mega CD in Japan.  I have been wanting one of these for a VERY long time and even in Japan they are normally pretty expensive, but I lucked out on an inconspicuous auction and won the karaoke unit (complete in box with paperwork) for 1000 yen.  That was about $8 USD at the time of purchase back in October.  Completely ecstatic I decided to finally grab a Model 1 Mega CD and Mega Drive (AV Intelligent Version) to complete the set and ship them all via slowboat.  They just arrived a couple weeks ago and I couldn't be happier with everything, going to spend most of the holidays messing around with them I think.

I did also get some games in the Mega-CD bundle, but nothing amazing worth posting a picture about.  Some Mega-CDs, Puyo Puyo MD, and some Japanese EA games. 

Up close shot of the Mega Karaoke Unit.  There are jacks in the back to accept audio in from the Mega CD, and then do audio out as well.  It actually is quite light and almost feels kind of cheaply made to be honest, but I am still happy to add more Mega-CD to my life.
Damn! This has to be the "teh what did you buy today" post of the year. That's the best Mega CD setup I've seen on the internet. Please post a pic of it with a 32x.
Gaming since 1985

EvilEvoIX

Always a good week with more Neo.  My collection has gone from scare to barely respectable this year so I am glad.

IMG
IMG

Again a really good deal from a Doc's Video Games, a  classic game store over in Aurora Colorado.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

EvilEvoIX

Arcade Card, Finally!!1   Great Deal and was too cheap to pass up.  GREAT condition.

IMGIMGIMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

VenomMacbeth

I don't feel like futzing with trying to post an image, so here's a quick run down of what I bought in my pre-Christmas splurge:

NES:
Star Tropics
Zoda's Revenge
Faxanadu
Crystalis (LOVING this one!)

SNES:
Axelay (wish I'd picked this one up sooner, probably the best shooter I've played on the system thus far)
Votoms: Battling Road (SFC)
Carrier Aces
Operation Logic Bomb
BS Legend of Zelda repro

Also got a black & purple PCE pad to match my Duo, an NES Advantage stick, and a copy of Virtua Tennis for the Dreamcast.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

technozombie

Well I got an Famicom Everdrive N8 for Christmas. Now I just need to find a good organized romset

Bernie

Quote from: technozombie on 12/25/2015, 08:44 PMWell I got an Famicom Everdrive N8 for Christmas. Now I just need to find a good organized romset
PM me for my romset.  :)  I will send ya the dropbox link.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

EvilEvoIX

I found this at 2nd and Charles in Virginia.  Great store and has many classic games and books, toy, new games, records.  Amazing resource and MANY classic games.  I want to the locations in Ohio, South Carolina, and then Gainsville.  Always a great selection.

IMG

Santa brought me this.
IMG
IMGIMGIMG

Mathius

Quote from: technozombie on 12/25/2015, 08:44 PMWell I got an Famicom Everdrive N8 for Christmas. Now I just need to find a good organized romset
I got a little Christmas cash from the folks. I may spring for one now.

VenomMacbeth

I've not opened all my presents, but so far I've gotten CIB copies of Elemental Gimmick Gear for the Dreamcast, and Alien Soldier for the Mega Drive!  I parted with my repro of that one awhile ago, before prices went crazy, so I wasn't expecting to ever get a legit copy.

Unlike Radiant Silvergun, Alien Soldier is one Treasure game I don't ever see myself getting rid of. :3

Oh, and I also got Season 4 Vol. 2 and Season 5 of The Venture Bros on DVD.  Woot!
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

johnnykonami

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 12/26/2015, 11:06 AMI've not opened all my presents, but so far I've gotten CIB copies of Elemental Gimmick Gear for the Dreamcast, and Alien Soldier for the Mega Drive!  I parted with my repro of that one awhile ago, before prices went crazy, so I wasn't expecting to ever get a legit copy.

Unlike Radiant Silvergun, Alien Soldier is one Treasure game I don't ever see myself getting rid of. :3

Oh, and I also got Season 4 Vol. 2 and Season 5 of The Venture Bros on DVD.  Woot!
Alien Soldier is one of my favorite games of all time.  I got a nice copy years and years ago, and I will definitely never let go of it either.  I hope you can beat your old times on your new copy!  I also love my Radiant Silvergun too though :)  Those are without a doubt the best two Treasure games in my mind, with no disrespect to Guardian Heroes and Gunstar Heroes which are also amazing, as are most of the games they put out.

Necro!  I went to my Mom's house last night and look what she got me:

IMG

New!   Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen a sealed in box GB game, like since when I was a kid.  Don't worry though, I'm gonna open er' up.  There's a nice little faux "VGA graded" box on the outside (it's just thin plastic) but I am gonna keep the box in there after opening and playing it.  I should get some of these for my other boxes, so cool!

CatPix

Not bought today, but received today :

IMG

And, more in line with here :

IMG

Not the console itself, but everything else.

esteban

Quote from: CatPix on 12/26/2015, 01:10 PMNot bought today, but received today :

IMG
What?! I never heard of the fantastically-named "Mega Duck"...I am intrigued.

QuoteIMG

Not the console itself, but everything else.
Great bunch of games. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 12/26/2015, 11:06 AMI've not opened all my presents, but so far I've gotten CIB copies of Elemental Gimmick Gear for the Dreamcast, and Alien Soldier for the Mega Drive!  I parted with my repro of that one awhile ago, before prices went crazy, so I wasn't expecting to ever get a legit copy.

Very nice. EGG is a fun game and someone must really like ya to get Alien Soldier for a present. :D

I grabbed The Legendary Axe and Dungeon Explorer today. Happy to add both into the fold and play through them.

CatPix

Quote from: esteban on 12/26/2015, 02:03 PMGreat bunch of games. :)
Lotsa fun coming.

And I realise I forgot to picture the Famicom and FDS games I received at the same time :o

Quote from: esteban on 12/26/2015, 02:03 PMWhat?! I never heard of the fantastically-named "Mega Duck"...I am intrigued.
The Mega Duck appears to be the efforts of a team of two French companies, Creatronic and Videojet, and of one Dutch company, Timlex. (tho, as Creatronic appears to have a very sparse and suspisciously low account of machine mades between the late 70's and early 90's, I suppose that it's just a nameholder for another company. I would think ITMC/Yeno, or Videojet themselves)
It was released around 1993, mostly in France, Germany and the Netherland.
It also found a way to South America where it was sold under the even more hilarious name of COUGAR BOY (as you can see on some of the game carts I have).
All of the games appears to have been programmed by the famous Taiwanese company Sachen.
They are of decent quality. I suppose, if it had received the backing and publicity the Watara Supervision received, it might have been more successful. But it didn't and quickly faded into obscurity.

And the Famicom and FDS games :
IMG

Gredler

My family was super generous this year, I feel so lucky and blessed :)

My brother went the amazon route,
Hyrule Warriors Wii U
Shovel Knight Wii U
Duck Tails Remastered Wii U
Majora's Mask 3DS
Saturn SVideo Cable
Dreamcast VGA cable
PlayStation Component Cable

My Fiance found a brick and mortar cheap copies of BloodBorne and Alien Isolation for PS4.

My Mom who is in Montana found a bunch of thrift shop games and gifted them to me, some of which I already had but it really warmed my heart that she tried and found me anything at all :P

Iron Sword NES
Solstice NES
Super SpyHunter NES
Star Wars Shadow of the Empire N64
GoldenEye 007 N64

But there was a cool few I didn't have too,

RoboWarrior NES
Toxic Crusaders Gensis
Superman 64  N64 ( I hear good things about this hidden gem)
Perfect Dark N64
Army Men Sarge's Hero's 2 N64
Blast Corps N64

So I was really blown away. I never expected to get such rad variety and quantity of games. My collectardation increased significantly this Christmas.

I usually treat myself to something this time of year because the family usually supplies me with undergarments and household wares, which made this year even more excessive because of my independent acquisitions outside of the gifts.

I got a great deal on a 32x loose but with all the parts (clips and cords and ac adapter) and 5 games,
Doom
After Burner II W/Manual
Star Wars Arcade CIB
Virtua Fighter CIB
And the crown jewel, Virtua Racing CIB.

I also picked up the two Turbob Express sets. The other recently purchased item, and the only thing out of all of these I've played yet, is Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U. I love the game so far and can't recommend it enough if you enjoy exploration and beautiful open world RPGs. Japanese sci-fi skyrim or fallout with better combat.

I am so busy with family, travel, and personal projects this time of year I can't find the time to enjoy all this stuff right now, but I am well.supplied for some time to come :p Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone

Bernie

Ninja Spirit

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

johnnykonami

Man, it's been a long time opening a new GB game for me, I was hit with a massive nostalgia bomb.  This shit even came with a cool poster!  I'm gonna get a frame for it and hang it up, too.  Does anyone have any idea where to score these thin plastic protective boxes?  I kept almost all of my GBA cardboard boxes and three GBC ones, I should do what this seller did and plop them in there.

IMG

johnnykonami

Quote from: schweaty on 12/26/2015, 10:27 PMvideogameboxprotectors.com/online-store
videogameboxprotectors.com/online-store/Turbo-Grafx-c4337854
Thanks Schweaty!  I'm not a really a box collector so I didn't know about these, but I have a couple boxes I've been keeping anyway - they just look damn cool sitting on your shelf.  Gotta box up my US Cosmic Fantasy 2 from forever ago so I can enjoy that fantastic artwork forever.

cr8zykuban0

some stuff i got this week! some nintendo and pop toys.
Plus thanks to emperoring for the great sale on browning and to shadowkitty for throwing such an awesome raffle.

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: johnnykonami on 12/26/2015, 12:01 PMNecro!  I went to my Mom's house last night and look what she got me:

IMG

New!   Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen a sealed in box GB game, like since when I was a kid.  Don't worry though, I'm gonna open er' up.  There's a nice little faux "VGA graded" box on the outside (it's just thin plastic) but I am gonna keep the box in there after opening and playing it.  I should get some of these for my other boxes, so cool!
Sweet!  Let us know what you think of it once you've had a chance to play for a bit.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 12/28/2015, 11:37 AM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 12/26/2015, 12:01 PMNecro!  I went to my Mom's house last night and look what she got me:

(Cosmotank Image)

Sweet!  Let us know what you think of it once you've had a chance to play for a bit.
I love the music, finding the dungeon crawl parts a little confusing, I might have to break out some graph paper or something!  Overall very cool and a game I always wondered about.  If you saw my other post where I opened it up, there's a poster with the cover artwork in there and I'm totally framing it and hanging it up.

TR0N

Got this book as a christmas gift.
IMG
It takes the mega man and mega man x complete works and combines it into one.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

retro junkie

Got these as Christmas gifts. Busy working my way through Persona 4 story mode right now.

IMG

vmorr

Haven't picked anything up for the PSP in so long...

IMG

EvilEvoIX

Minor pickup, but my Jaguar Collection has gotten serious this year.

IMG
IMGIMGIMG

NecroPhile

The mailman and a delayed x-mas gathering brought me a few goodies over the long new year's weekend.  :mrgreen:

I bought myself a copy of Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (no pic because its not cool enough) and some nice bazzy mousepads -

IMG

For x-mas, I got Walking Dead Season 2 for the vita and some Simpsons Legos -

IMG

And I got a Lego TARDIS! -

IMG

.... which is bigger on the inside, of course. -

IMG

roflmao

Those Bazzy mousepads are adorable. I want one. And I don't even have that game. :)

xcrement5x

Those bazzy pads are pretty awesome, and let me know what you think of Walking Dead when you get to it, it's on my playlist.

Anyway, here are the gaming related Christmas gifts I got over the holidays!

IMG
Christmas Gifts! by xcrement5x, on Flickr

DJ Max Techika TUNE [Vita]
Ready Player One [Book]
Nayuta no Kiseki [PSP]

Shovel Knight for the Wii U
Deception IV: Blood Ties for the PS3
Code Name: STEAM for the 3DS

In the upper right is a new Hakko Tip Cleaner for my iron, gonna ditch the sponge finally, woohoo!  Also received but not pictured is the book Console Wars, that sucker is big and will be a neat read I think.  Ready Player One has already sucked me in quite well though, and I would recommend it to most folks on here.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

sn0zc0r3

Ready Player One was a pretty fun read and full of all kinds of nostalgia. Had a blast with that one.

Shovel Knight is a damn gem. That and Rogue Legacy were all I played for weeks.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/05/2016, 11:39 AMAnd I got a Lego TARDIS! -

IMG

.... which is bigger on the inside, of course. -

IMG
Damn! In have to get this for my daughter.

Do the Daleks come with it? Or was that homemade/separate?

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 01/05/2016, 07:28 PMDo the Daleks come with it? Or was that homemade/separate?
They're part of the set, along with the weeping angel, Clara, and both Doctors.

I kinda want the two Dr. Who Lego Dimensions pack, but they're awfully expensive if don't give a hoot about the game aspect.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: dingsbums on 01/06/2016, 10:13 AMIMG
IMG
Ex-Ranza is one of the few games I've considered getting on the Mega Drive even though I already have Ranger-X on the Genesis.  Such an awesome game.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

johnnykonami

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 01/06/2016, 08:04 PMEx-Ranza is one of the few games I've considered getting on the Mega Drive even though I already have Ranger-X on the Genesis.  Such an awesome game.
I'd love to get Ex-Ranza one day too.  I don't have a very big Genesis library, my crown jewel is Alien Soldier (NTSC version of course), and I have some beater copies of Gunstar and Headdy.  Nice taste in arcade games too, Knights of the Round is one of my favorites.  So cool how your armor and weapons get better and better as you level up, and Percival slowly goes bald.  Awesome.

Speaking of Genesis stuff, my GF showed some interest in TMNT: Tournament Fighters.  I was gonna get it for her, but I wondered if anyone here preferred the SNES or Genesis version for any reason?  I know there's some differences with the import, I doubt I'll take it that far though.

xcrement5x

IMG
Super Famicom Games and Misc Books by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I picked up some random cheap Super Famicom games recently and they just game in a bit ago on the slowboat:
Yoshi's Road Hunting (Yoshi's Safari)
Brandish
Mario's Super Picross

Plus a random Popful Mail doujin called Outlanders, and a little book called the PC-FX Best Characters: Official Digital Originals Collection Vol.3.  There are lots of character shots in the collection book from several PC-FX games, then in the back there is a CD that can be put in your computer to pull all the files off and look at.  I haven't tested the CD yet but I'm betting the resolution on them is not that good. 

IMG
Lots of Japanese PC Magazines and Random Comics by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Two bundle of stuff here.  On the left are some Japanese PC magazine called (I think) Comptique which had some neat stuff in them.  They were relatively cheap and definitely fun to look though, many still have their appendices as well, so that means mini-comics and little random inserts or CDs.  I've had a blast digging through one volume already, there is a picture of a very confused American next to a guy in a gigantic Bonk mascot outfit.

Last but not least, one of my coworkers had a friend that was dumping all his old comics from when he was a kid.  It was a lot of 90s junk so nothing too cool, but there were a couple neat looking issues I pulled out.  I'm a big fan of Xenozoic! so seeing the first issue of Cadillacs and Dinosaurs was a fun find and I grabbed it. 

NecroPhile

Popfuru!!!  :D

How many volumes total are there of the PC-FX book?

xcrement5x

I think there are only 3 volumes in total.  I've only got this one though, I may hunt out the others though if I can find them cheap :)

Flare65

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Been a while since I posted in this thread.  This is everything for the past four months.  Not pictured is a used copy of Double Dragon for the Gameboy Advance that I found up in Green Bay WI.  Work has had me on the road and working crazy hours so I have not been able to play games much.  Got lucky being at the right place at the right time to pick up Devil's Third and Giana Sisters.

Was expecting Chibi Robo to play more like a Castlevania game....but I'm still enjoying it.  Can't wait for Axiom Virge to hit the Vita, but it looks like it will only be digital download only.  :(

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Flare65 on 01/13/2016, 09:23 PMIMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Been a while since I posted in this thread.  This is everything for the past four months.  Not pictured is a used copy of Double Dragon for the Gameboy Advance that I found up in Green Bay WI.  Work has had me on the road and working crazy hours so I have not been able to play games much.  Got lucky being at the right place at the right time to pick up Devil's Third and Giana Sisters.

Was expecting Chibi Robo to play more like a Castlevania game....but I'm still enjoying it.  Can't wait for Axiom Virge to hit the Vita, but it looks like it will only be digital download only.  :(
What store is selling Gonana Sisters?  I see Amazon still has some at $34.

NightWolve

http://www.microcenter.com/Radeon_HD_5450_Low_Profile_1024MB_DDR3_PCIe_20_Video_Card

IMG

Bought this video card the other day to keep my old Vista rigg chugging along because I wanted a cheap solution to output a HDMI signal with audio included, instead of a DVI situation and relying on the TV to support processing the audio there separately with another wire. Newer TVs aren't usually supporting that scenario for older cards with DVI-only and a HDMI adapter.

So, $29.99 on sale but with rebate of $10 ($19.99) - However, I am el cheapo and it was hard enough to justify not trying to pick out a whole new PC, so I went for the open box/used one with the Microcenter discount for $23.96 rather than wait 10 weeks for a $10 gift card...

Well, suffice to say, it does the trick and was only a few bucks more than the cheapest eBay solution of a DVI+SPDIF to HDMI mixer/converter box which is normally in the $40 bucks range with S/H (This type of device).

I didn't believe the guy at the store that the video card would process the audio without having to attach a wire from the sound card to it, but no, the video card can talk with the Operating System after the HDMI audio driver is installed and achieve the result without connections to your sound card!

Anyway, I tried running "Ys [III]: The Oath Felghana" with maximum settings in its native resolution and WOW, I sure was missing a lot! IT'S GORGEOUS! I didn't have a 1080p TV/monitor till recently as well, so I never saw the game in its full glory... It is something to behold, that's for sure!

Pretty stupid then that I spent $10 bucks on a female DVI to male HDMI adapter not too long ago... And then another $4 bucks on a complete DVI to HDMI cable to keep supporting the old video card which used cheap gauged cable and actually picked up interference that totally ruined the picture. :/ $2 bucks on another adapter that didn't work... I guess though you'd still need those adapters if you ever get a system with 4k output because that usually will mostly work from the DVI slot for a lot of video cards I see based on the specs of models I browsed on the Microcenter website.

Mathius

I saw Giana Sisters at Game Stop. ^^

Nice haul, Flare. I was wondering when someone was going to buy that enormous box of boobs for the 3DS.

johnnykonami

Ordered a few items from videogameboxprotectors.com, some SeymourOnion hu-card sleeves and a couple boxes because what the hell, why not?  Looking forward to clothing my all too naked loosies and replacing some of the original gunky ones.  Is there any value to keeping the sticky/yellowing original sleeves?  Do you guys just chuck them?  I tried washing them with dish soap some time back with OK results, they were still tacky.  I remember that New Adventure Island had a different sleeve when I had it, the textured one.  How did that one hold up?

Btw, I went back to that local retro game store today to look at that Jack Nicklaus (turbochip version) again, thinking I might buy it depending on the price.  Manual was in pretty rough shape, but it had the original case, and the card was in decent enough looking shape.  No sleeve.  They wanted $16.99 though, so even though I like golf I understand it's not a great game especially for that money.  Mighta just picked it up for $5-8 but not for $17.  If anyone is interested in it though, let me know.  Seems higher than ebay pricing from a cursory glance.  They have a TG-16 console there now too, couldn't get the price because the cashier was taking forever.  It's in so-so looking shape, missing the back piece and there was a little melted/burn mark on there like when you get chemicals on plastic that don't belong there.  It was a small mark and would be covered up if you could get the cover or a turbo booster.  Anyway, if someone needs a system I can look into it for you.

esteban

Quote from: johnnykonami on 01/14/2016, 12:19 AMOrdered a few items from videogameboxprotectors.com, some SeymourOnion hu-card sleeves and a couple boxes because what the hell, why not?  Looking forward to clothing my all too naked loosies and replacing some of the original gunky ones.  Is there any value to keeping the sticky/yellowing original sleeves?  Do you guys just chuck them?  I tried washing them with dish soap some time back with OK results, they were still tacky.  I remember that New Adventure Island had a different sleeve when I had it, the textured one.  How did that one hold up?

Btw, I went back to that local retro game store today to look at that Jack Nicklaus (turbochip version) again, thinking I might buy it depending on the price.  Manual was in pretty rough shape, but it had the original case, and the card was in decent enough looking shape.  No sleeve.  They wanted $16.99 though, so even though I like golf I understand it's not a great game especially for that money.  Mighta just picked it up for $5-8 but not for $17.  If anyone is interested in it though, let me know.  Seems higher than ebay pricing from a cursory glance.  They have a TG-16 console there now too, couldn't get the price because the cashier was taking forever.  It's in so-so looking shape, missing the back piece and there was a little melted/burn mark on there like when you get chemicals on plastic that don't belong there.  It was a small mark and would be covered up if you could get the cover or a turbo booster.  Anyway, if someone needs a system I can look into it for you.
(1) Yellow sleeves: it's funny how badly yellowed/tacky some batches of sleeves have become. Many of mine are very yellow. I have never replaced them. Maybe I should. But don't hold your breath. You could always ask if someone here wanted them.

(2) Jack Nicklaus is for folks who are PATIENT, since you visibly see the course redraw onscreen (any movement/panning of background is slow).  Otherwise, you can certainly enjoy it if you give it a chance. I find it oddly enjoyable. It's messy looking (aesthetically), but the mechanics are fine. DISCLAIMER: MOST folks will not like this game, however.

xcrement5x

Quote from: johnnykonami on 01/14/2016, 12:19 AMOrdered a few items from videogameboxprotectors.com, some SeymourOnion hu-card sleeves and a couple boxes because what the hell, why not?  Looking forward to clothing my all too naked loosies and replacing some of the original gunky ones.  Is there any value to keeping the sticky/yellowing original sleeves?  Do you guys just chuck them?  I tried washing them with dish soap some time back with OK results, they were still tacky.  I remember that New Adventure Island had a different sleeve when I had it, the textured one.  How did that one hold up?

I see so many systems with those burn marks on them I think it must have happened at the factory or something. 

Last night I hit the thrift and found a couple decent PS1 games for $2 each: Silent Hill, Jersey Devil and Gex.  Silent Hill will be an upgrade to my copy since it's pretty beat up, but I'll keep Gex since I only have the 3D0 version and Jersey Devil since it looks weird. 

johnnykonami

Quote from: esteban on 01/14/2016, 07:39 AM(1) Yellow sleeves: it's funny how badly yellowed/tacky some batches of sleeves have become. Many of mine are very yellow. I have never replaced them. Maybe I should. But don't hold your breath. You could always ask if someone here wanted them.

(2) Jack Nicklaus is for folks who are PATIENT, since you visibly see the course redraw onscreen (any movement/panning of background is slow).  Otherwise, you can certainly enjoy it if you give it a chance. I find it oddly enjoyable. It's messy looking (aesthetically), but the mechanics are fine. DISCLAIMER: MOST folks will not like this game, however.
Yellow doesn't bother me too too much, but sticky/tacky is kinda worrisome and a little gross to handle.  I'll try to clean them up and decide what to do with them then I guess. 

As for Jack Nicklaus, I would definitely give it a whirl - just need a good price/slightly better condition (or lower price for the condition this one is in). I love golf video games, I even did QA on one of them once (Outlaw Golf).  I wish there were more mini-golf games though.  Seems like the only great one I can think of is Zany Golf, maybe Putt & Putter on SMS.  One of the game ideas I'd like to get out one day is a mini-golf game with a specific theme I had in mind...

Quote from: guest on 01/14/2016, 11:36 AMI see so many systems with those burn marks on them I think it must have happened at the factory or something. 

Last night I hit the thrift and found a couple decent PS1 games for $2 each: Silent Hill, Jersey Devil and Gex.  Silent Hill will be an upgrade to my copy since it's pretty beat up, but I'll keep Gex since I only have the 3D0 version and Jersey Devil since it looks weird. 
That's weird but I think now that you mention it, I think I've seen it before on others!  Silent Hill for $2 bucks is a steal, especially if it was an upgrade for you.  Lot of love out there for SH2, but for me SH1 is where it's at.  That soundtrack and atmosphere was incredible.  Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of SH2 as well, but I'd like to see more people give due credit to the original game.  It's so good!