10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

Damn that blower works pretty well. I don't see any snow anywhere!

Flare65

Lol........bought it early for the enevitable snow storm we will get here in Chicago.  These things usually sell out everywhere once the first snow hits.

NecroPhile

Thanks to Geo, I got working copies of Defender and Combat to replace my borked 2600 carts.  He also tossed in a copy of Star Raiders.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: Flare65 on 11/20/2016, 07:31 PMLol........bought it early for the enevitable snow storm we will get here in Chicago.  These things usually sell out everywhere once the first snow hits. 
A wise idea.  We have the same problem here with snow shovels once the first storm hits, people go CRAZY.

Gypsy

Yeah if you live in an area where it's going to snow it's best to have that stuff handy. I have some heavy duty shovels for the occasion.

bob

Quote from: guest on 11/21/2016, 10:30 AMThanks to Geo, I got working copies of Defender and Combat to replace my borked 2600 carts.  He also tossed in a copy of Star Raiders.  :mrgreen:
looking for any more?  i have a bunch of 2600 carts laying around

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 11/21/2016, 02:01 PM
Quote from: Flare65 on 11/20/2016, 07:31 PMLol........bought it early for the enevitable snow storm we will get here in Chicago.  These things usually sell out everywhere once the first snow hits. 
A wise idea.  We have the same problem here with snow shovels once the first storm hits, people go CRAZY.
That looks like a heavy duty blower.  I have a snow "thrower," and it doesn't clear slush at all, which is a real nuisance on the sidewalk where the snow plow pushes its salted snow from the road.  I need a better snow blower, but all my money just goes to games...

NecroPhile

Quote from: gynt on 11/21/2016, 08:50 PMlooking for any more?  i have a bunch of 2600 carts laying around
I'm not really looking to build a big library (maybe I'll get a harmony thingy), but I wouldn't mind getting a River Raid, Moon Patrol, and Pitfall II.  All buying is off limits 'til after x-mas, though, as I don't want to mess with Santa's plans.

xcrement5x

Quote from: TheClash603 on 11/22/2016, 08:10 AM
Quote from: guest on 11/21/2016, 02:01 PM
That looks like a heavy duty blower.  I have a snow "thrower," and it doesn't clear slush at all, which is a real nuisance on the sidewalk where the snow plow pushes its salted snow from the road.  I need a better snow blower, but all my money just goes to games...
I normally just hand shovel, but there are areas near my house were we get the slush, and it's shaded so then it freezes and it's a sheet of ice until it warms up enough. 

Digi.k

for the animal crossing fix...

IMG

and a bunch of 2nd hand ones I got with credit.
IMG

bob

Quote from: guest on 11/22/2016, 09:41 AM
Quote from: gynt on 11/21/2016, 08:50 PMlooking for any more?  i have a bunch of 2600 carts laying around
I'm not really looking to build a big library (maybe I'll get a harmony thingy), but I wouldn't mind getting a River Raid, Moon Patrol, and Pitfall II.  All buying is off limits 'til after x-mas, though, as I don't want to mess with Santa's plans.
the only one i thought i had was moon patrol which i would have given you for no dollaz.
but oddly, i dont have it.  hmmmm.  could have sworn i did.

EvilEvoIX

Been a good week, got a couple of things I've wanted to add and fix.

First up is a Boxed Nintendo Power Set.  Pretty much complete, the NES itself is gamer condition and will need new pins BUT the Power pad is brand new, never used.  Glad I have a boxed NES now.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

I've been looking for a new 25" Arcade monitor for my Neo Geo MVS cab as mine has a build date from Jan 19th 1992 and really needed a cap kit because it would take a while to warm up and get fully bright, had a frozen width coil and the screen was too wide, and recently had complete horizontal collapse.  I've have been searching for a while and even took my old one apart to ship out the board to a guy in Wisconsin and wait 3 to 6 months for a turn around when some guy literally 1 mile from my house had a 25" Wells Gardner from a Big Buck Machine with a build date of 2000.  Completely different animal over my old Kortek unit, simply much more modern and the price was stupid low.  You can control the width via the board up front and not the old Width coil method so you have complete control over the screen size and colors, everything.  I have the brightness turned all the way down up front and on the transformer in the back meaning it has years left in it.  I'm thrilled it was barely used and should last a LONG time.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG
Installed!!!!

IMG

IMG

IMG

The guy turns out to be an old arcade supplier and has a huge storage facility with tons of old Arcade stuff.  He has a ton of MVS carts too which I plan on picking up shortly.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Bloufo

My mini NES now has a companion,

IMG

Those mini Fami's controllers are really tiny.

IMG

A few MVS carts,

The top one with the worn out label is 'Fight Fever'.

IMG

I opened them up and three of them are genuine 'SNK' products.
The one I really wanted to be authentic but isn't is 'SVC Chaos'. Bit bummed out about that.
It's as fake as fake can get. It has these weird one-third size boards.

IMG

IMG

I fired it up and I see it's one of the SVC Chaos "Plus" variants.

NightWolve

IMG

LG's 2016 43" LED smart TV model.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-43UH6030-43-4K-Ultra-HD-2160p-60Hz-Smart-LED-HDTV-4K-x-2K/54316474

Was a pretty awesome Black Friday deal at Walmart for $297!!! It supports 75 Hz at 1920x1080 with custom resolution hacking, and with picture mode set to Game, 444 + PC mode turned on the HDMI ports, you get a kickass monitor for the price of a smart TV!!! Best TV I ever bought, this being my 2nd one! If you're a big spender though, look for LG's OLED models for real, pure blacks. Those are the best TVs on the market that also come in curved form.

Technically, I bought it from Microcenter, and used a print-out of Walmart's $297 price to get a price match. They had it for $299.99, so I saved $3 bucks.

SuperDeadite

Found an old SG01k locally.  :dance:

IMG

Testing with Doom:
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

NecroPhile

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/28/2016, 07:57 PMTechnically, I bought it from Microcenter, and used a print-out of Walmart's $297 price to get a price match. They had it for $299.99, so I saved $3 bucks.
Heh, nice.  I bet the salesclerk gave you a goofy look, but three bucks is three bucks.  :mrgreen:

Gredler

This came in today, I will be playing this aggressively over the next few weeks :)

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 11/29/2016, 09:33 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 11/28/2016, 07:57 PMTechnically, I bought it from Microcenter, and used a print-out of Walmart's $297 price to get a price match. They had it for $299.99, so I saved $3 bucks.
Heh, nice.  I bet the salesclerk gave you a goofy look, but three bucks is three bucks.  :mrgreen:
It's nearly a 1% discount!
--DragonmasterDan

schweaty

other than the 4 games i was able to snag from limited run games, the last of the BF purchases has arrived.  my wallet is puking in the corner
IMG

Joe Redifer

I'm curious as to why extra controllers are sold. Do ANY PS4 games have local split-screen multiplayer? Any at all? Well I guess if they break then it's good to be able to get another one, but is there even such a thing as "player 2" any more?

schweaty

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/03/2016, 02:04 PMI'm curious as to why extra controllers are sold. Do ANY PS4 games have local split-screen multiplayer? Any at all? Well I guess if they break then it's good to be able to get another one, but is there even such a thing as "player 2" any more?
I mostly got it because it was $30 and if something happens to my main, I have a cheap backup.  That being said, I know Star Wars Battlefront does have split screen couch co-op/multiplayer.  I'm still new to the system so I am not aware of others.

Bloufo

Genesis/MD bootlegs.

IMG

First time I've seen this type of cartridge shell for Genny/MegaDrive knock-offs.

IMG

IMG

IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: schweaty on 12/03/2016, 02:14 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/03/2016, 02:04 PMI'm curious as to why extra controllers are sold. Do ANY PS4 games have local split-screen multiplayer? Any at all? Well I guess if they break then it's good to be able to get another one, but is there even such a thing as "player 2" any more?
I mostly got it because it was $30 and if something happens to my main, I have a cheap backup.  That being said, I know Star Wars Battlefront does have split screen couch co-op/multiplayer.  I'm still new to the system so I am not aware of others.
Sports games and fighting games are the ones I play with friends in person, but having 4 controllers for hockey seems to make people happy when they come over.

PS 4 Pro sucked for me, it isn't compatible with my 2015 M Series Vizio TV.   Had to move it to my only other 4k TV that's in the house, which is a not very good LG in the bedroom that I had no intention of playing games on.  PS VR is still hooked up to the old PS4, and the better VR experience is the main reason I bought a Pro.

schweaty

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/03/2016, 03:00 PMPS 4 Pro sucked for me, it isn't compatible with my 2015 M Series Vizio TV.   Had to move it to my only other 4k TV that's in the house, which is a not very good LG in the bedroom that I had no intention of playing games on.  PS VR is still hooked up to the old PS4, and the better VR experience is the main reason I bought a Pro.
I believe I saw that Sony is working with the tv manufacturers to update there software to fix HDR compatibility issues.  Hopefully your issue will get resolved soon.  My LG OLED works perfectly.  I got lucky.  I didn't realize there were so many TV compatibility issues until after I had bought the system

Medic_wheat

I ah e a lot to post as I haven't had access to my Photobucket for awhile. However I got excited because my first shelf came in. It will probabaly another three months before I get another.

IMG

Quickly rant out of adjustable shelfs as I am using third books case as a media shelf.

IMG

After hitting up Lowe's today I had some shelfs cut to size. How've now I rant out of pegs for the shelfs to be put on. The only had three baggies of them available. With the current weather and rain I didn't feel like driving to another Lowe's. So for now I'll leave my shelf like this. Plan to stain the litter parts later as well. Granted "later" could be years. The only thing I'd complain about honestly is that I have every shelf with two rows so I still have to look behind to see what games to play. However it's MUCH more accessible then havin. Them in boxes on top of boxes on top of boxes.

IMG

Got ride of a few boxes.

I think. Honestly. I will need four more of these shelfs.

One more for my remaining games

One for my various moves dvds and blue rays. Possibly can fit my Megger music cd and record collection.

One for my various books, art books, guides, and magazines/Nintendo power and Heavy Metal and vintage play boys.

And the fourth for my figures.

I have decided a rack mount might fight my needs to organize and set up the various systems. I might get two depending on the set up. This is still in planning.

But yeah. Apart from all of that the comic collection will also need some sort of set up as well. However I have other plans for that and feel capable of doing that with some wood and calling it a day. We shall see. I have a feeling my loft will have a lot of shelfs.

Flare65

The Vita collecting continues....

IMG

IMG

IMG

Not that impressed with One Way Heroics.  I was hoping for a more Zelda/Neutopia clone, but it just seems to play a bit slower and the controls are clunky.  Probably will dump it on ebay sometime...

Was also hoping for some voice lines out of the Loonytunes game, but nothing.  Not even a 'That's All Folks!"  The mini games on it seem like ports of IOS games you can get for free off the Apple store.

Other than those two titles, I'm happy with the purchases.

xcrement5x

What's the skinny on that gold wireless stereo headset?

I did a quick Google of it and it looks like it is compatible with PS3 and PS4, plus has a mic?  Is the quality on it pretty decent?

schweaty

I like it for the price.  I wouldn't consider it audiophile quality, but you aren't going to find a wireless rechargeable 7.1 headset for even close to the same money from another brand.

TheClash603

Medic_Wheat, I have been slowly doing what you've been doing with shelves.  It sucks because it isn't fun and it is all time I would rather spend gaming, but at the same time it will be worth it in the end.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/04/2016, 06:54 PMMedic_Wheat, I have been slowly doing what you've been doing with shelves.  It sucks because it isn't fun and it is all time I would rather spend gaming, but at the same time it will be worth it in the end.
It will be with it in the end. What's the point in having things. If you can't use them.

bob

i found an OG XBOX for $6 today at a thrift.  dirty case, but i took a chance.  just hooked it up and it works great.  played some battlefront and crimson skies.

TheClash603

Quote from: gynt on 12/04/2016, 08:06 PMi found an OG XBOX for $6 today at a thrift.  dirty case, but i took a chance.  just hooked it up and it works great.  played some battlefront and crimson skies. 
Crimson Skies on XBox Live was a good 2 months of my life, haven't played in years, but a fantastic game.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

Those Shantae games are loads of fun.

esadajr

Bought these goodies from our own Xelement. Haven't touched my PS3 for like a couple months. Last GTA game I played was GTA 2 on the Dreamcast (I know, not even SA). After enjoying TLOU decided it was a good time to enjoy the Uncharted series. LBP a nice kinda platformer revolutionary for its time. The football game was a freebie, a reminder of a time when we had choices.

IMG
Gaming since 1985

Gypsy

Quote from: gynt on 12/04/2016, 08:06 PMi found an OG XBOX for $6 today at a thrift.  dirty case, but i took a chance.  just hooked it up and it works great.  played some battlefront and crimson skies.
Right on. Xbox rocks. I just picked up Grabbed by the Ghoulies cheap so that should be good for some entertainment.

Picked up a free Wega tv today from an older dude. I was offered a free cat (or two) but I told him I couldn't take on any more kittehs. SMOKE CITY. Felt like everything in the house has a nice coating of cig tar. Lower end Wega, but better than the other standard def tvs I have lying around. Really only use them for light gun games. The quest for super fine pitch continues (just took this one without probing too much due to it being free).

bartre

Quote from: Flare65 on 12/04/2016, 05:03 PMNot that impressed with One Way Heroics.  I was hoping for a more Zelda/Neutopia clone, but it just seems to play a bit slower and the controls are clunky.  Probably will dump it on ebay sometime...
yeah, that's not what the game was going for at all.
I played the original on steam quite a bit, it's more of a roguelike RPG than anything.
my advice is take your time and give it a few real goes before you dump it, it might surprise you.
I recall it taking a good 5 tries or so in order to get into it.

xcrement5x

Quote from: schweaty on 12/04/2016, 05:31 PMI like it for the price.  I wouldn't consider it audiophile quality, but you aren't going to find a wireless rechargeable 7.1 headset for even close to the same money from another brand. 
Thanks for the mini-review.  I will keep an eye out for them. 

schweaty

Quote from: guest on 12/05/2016, 04:01 PM
Quote from: schweaty on 12/04/2016, 05:31 PMI like it for the price.  I wouldn't consider it audiophile quality, but you aren't going to find a wireless rechargeable 7.1 headset for even close to the same money from another brand. 
Thanks for the mini-review.  I will keep an eye out for them.
they go on sale regularly in the $70 range.  good luck

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/05/2016, 09:25 AMThose Shantae games are loads of fun.
They sure are i can't wait for shantae half genie hero either,coming out in december the 20th.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TR0N on 12/06/2016, 01:55 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/05/2016, 09:25 AMThose Shantae games are loads of fun.
They sure are i can't wait for shantae half genie hero either,coming out in december the 20th.
I pre ordered the vit copy myself. Fingers crossed it is ps tv compatible.

I mean to day the Ridleys Beats game that's coming out on the 15th.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/06/2016, 03:33 PMI pre ordered the vit copy myself. Fingers crossed it is ps tv compatible.
It's not.  Wayforward considers it a dead platform and they will not support it, which is why I won't be buying Shantae, at least not right now.  I'll wait 'til I get a 'real' vita and pick up Shantae for cheap.

gheebee

Been watching the release date for the Wii U game get further and further away on Amazon over the past few months but I'm glad to see that the 12/20 date appears to be official. Never played any of these but it looks like fun and I'm looking forward to it.

TR0N

Quote from: gheebee on 12/06/2016, 11:30 PMBeen watching the release date for the Wii U game get further and further away on Amazon over the past few months but I'm glad to see that the 12/20 date appears to be official. Never played any of these but it looks like fun and I'm looking forward to it.
None of them !? Shantae and the pirates curse you can download from the e-shop for the wii-u.Start there if you want to know what the series is like.
IMG

SuperDeadite

Tower of MIDI Power has grown again. :)

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Medic_wheat

Lol well
I don't really know what I am looking at. But I will say it looks very late 80s early 90s lol. Stack those electronic up.

gheebee

Quote from: TR0N on 12/07/2016, 02:05 AMNone of them !? Shantae and the pirates curse you can download from the e-shop for the wii-u.Start there if you want to know what the series is like.
Never even heard of the series until Amazon recommended the pre-order, I'll probably hold out for the new game but it's good to know there is another to play if I like it and ever hook my console up to the internet!

Gypsy

If you end up liking the series, Risky's Revenge is pretty cheap digitally. I nabbed it and Pirate's Curse for about $7 total on GOG back during the introductory sale.

EvilEvoIX

Some Nice Neo Geo pickups over last weekend.

First is the Neo Geo Pocket.  Never had one, found one in the box for $30 with one game.  Plays great and controls amazing, basically the same as a Neo Geo CD Pad.  Nice little system.

IMG

IMG

IMG

Next up I'm super proud of.  A Neo Geo CDZ, and not just an CDZ but my old one.  I sold it years ago with about 30 games for god knows why.  I found the old email from the Craigslist add I sold it to back in 2010 and contacted the guy and he sold it back to me at a fraction of what I sold it to him for.  This is the very same CDZ that Classic Game Room borrowed from me to review as well as my MAS Arcade stick and some CD games.

link:   https://youtu.be/Z0jdvL5jln0

IMG

IMG

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

esadajr

That's awesome, like finding your old car.
Gaming since 1985