OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Game Blast - Sega Master System

Started by _Paul, 03/18/2009, 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Paul

guyjin

NecroPhile

Nicely done.  Some of those games look so good, making the NES look like a 2600 in comparison.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

Nice!  I even recognized each piece of music.

ooPo

I'm amazed at how colorful those games can be.

Tatsujin

great work. hang on was such ahead of its time.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CrackTiger

This is easily the best SMS compilation video I've seen on youtube. I particularly liked that you used the seldom-heard ending music from Y's.

Although many games didn't take advantage of the hardware (just like with the PC Engine), whether you go by just the visually better games or even everything overall, it really is more of in the realm of 16-bit console quality graphics than 8-bit or NES range. All without any enhancement chips. And North Americans still couldn't be bothered with it.

History is repeating itself right now with the Wii outselling the 360 & PS3, only this time it can't be argued that there's a better selection of games gameplay-wise.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Tatsujin

my SMS definitely needs some more food!

next games i'll try to hunt down:

- fantasy zone II
- rastan (was there even a JPN release?) :-k
- choplifter (was there even a JPN release?) :-k
- Wonder boy III, dragons trap oversea vers. (so need that backbone adaptor for playing it on the JPN version. FM, I come!!)
- dynamite düx
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

torgo

Awesome, I just received my Japanese Master System a few days ago (better sound :-P )
PS Nation

PCEngineHell

Nice vid, by far the best Master System vid up I think. Good stuff man.

Joe Redifer

Tats I don't think there was a Japanese version of Rastan.  That's OK, though.  The US and Euro SMS games have far better boxes.  They are made out of dead dinosaurs instead of dead trees (wimpy trees, at that).

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/19/2009, 01:39 AMTats I don't think there was a Japanese version of Rastan. 
:cry: but thanx.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/19/2009, 01:39 AMThey are made out of dead dinosaurs instead of dead trees (wimpy trees, at that).
:lol:

pceslayer

Awesome! I <3 SMS, it is one of my top 3 fav consoles.

I named about 90% of those games(choked on the sports games).

CrackTiger

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/18/2009, 11:18 PMmy SMS definitely needs some more food!

next games i'll try to hunt down:

- fantasy zone II
- rastan (was there even a JPN release?) :-k
- Wonder boy III, dragons trap oversea vers. (so need that backbone adaptor for playing it on the JPN version. FM, I come!!)
- dynamite düx
I have the Tototek SMS to Mark III converter and none of the copies of Wonderboy III that I have play FM sound. However, Turma da Monica does. :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

guyjin

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/18/2009, 11:18 PM- rastan (was there even a JPN release?) :-k
Sounds like someone needs to get started on SMSDaisakusen  :twisted:

Quote from: guest on 03/19/2009, 07:31 PMI have the Tototek SMS to Mark III converter and none of the copies of Wonderboy III that I have play FM sound. However, Turma da Monica does. :P
:-k

rag-time4

What are the titles of the westerns at 6:17 and 2:39 ??

EDIT: Got a reply from sunteam Paul on youtube: 6:17 is Wanted ( a light phaser game) and 2:39 is Back to the Future 3.

I added Wanted! to the list of western video games on wikipedia

CrackTiger

Quote from: rag-time4 on 04/03/2009, 09:32 PMWhat are the titles of the westerns at 6:17 and 2:39 ??

EDIT: Got a reply from sunteam Paul on youtube: 6:17 is Wanted ( a light phaser game) and 2:39 is Back to the Future 3.

I'm not allowed to add to wikipedia, but two games you can add to the list are Express Raider and Tengai Makyou: The Apocalypse IV.

guyjin

Quote from: guest on 04/05/2009, 05:14 PMI'm not allowed to add to wikipedia, but two games you can add to the list are Express Raider and Tengai Makyou: The Apocalypse IV.
why aren't you allowed to add to wikipedia?

CrackTiger

Quote from: guyjin on 04/05/2009, 05:17 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/05/2009, 05:14 PMI'm not allowed to add to wikipedia, but two games you can add to the list are Express Raider and Tengai Makyou: The Apocalypse IV.
why aren't you allowed to add to wikipedia?
I have cable internet and my shared IP addresses always get me blocked as well as keep me from downloading much from servers like Megaupload.

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 04/05/2009, 05:14 PM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 04/03/2009, 09:32 PMWhat are the titles of the westerns at 6:17 and 2:39 ??

I'm not allowed to add to wikipedia, but two games you can add to the list are Express Raider and Tengai Makyou: The Apocalypse IV.
Thanks for the games Black Tiger!! Got em added to the list!

RCduck7

Hi there, i think it's been a year ago or something since i posted here.
Had been busy moving, working, wife is pregnant...  =P~
I just seen the video.
One of the consoles i have the best memories of, it was my first true love.
I recently finished spellcaster, wonder boy in monsterland, played choplifter (cheated to finish that) and golvellius (is on hold).
I think i didn't see "Quartet" in the movie, maybe a little bit forgotten but very good game!
It is showed in this commercial to.
I have almost any game i want for SMS (the ones i think are worth playing).
don't be human... be peacefull

Arkhan Asylum

wow.

look at how it dwarfs the NES visually! O_O

sega always gets hated on by USA -_-
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SNKNostalgia

I never really got to experience that much of the SMS back then. I had only 2 friends that had it. One friend had Ninja and Choplifter and the other friend just had Altered Beast. Altered Beast impressed me as being very arcade like for an 8-bit system back then. I only owned the NES (1987), TG-16 (1991), SNES (1993) and then the Genesis (1995). I played some more SMS games on the emu, but I much rather play on the real hardware.

I am thinking of buying a SMS or a Power Convertor for the Genesis. Is the Power Converter good enough to a get an overall good experience or should I just get a SMS? The japanese units have the extra sound channel built in to the later models right? Also, give me a good 10 game start list  8) .

CrackTiger

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 04/28/2009, 09:31 PMI never really got to experience that much of the SMS back then. I had only 2 friends that had it. One friend had Ninja and Choplifter and the other friend just had Altered Beast. Altered Beast impressed me as being very arcade like for an 8-bit system back then. I only owned the NES (1987), TG-16 (1991), SNES (1993) and then the Genesis (1995). I played some more SMS games on the emu, but I much rather play on the real hardware.

I am thinking of buying a SMS or a Power Convertor for the Genesis. Is the Power Converter good enough to a get an overall good experience or should I just get a SMS? The japanese units have the extra sound channel built in to the later models right? Also, give me a good 10 game start list  8) .
The PBC is fine if you have a model 1 Genesis.

It depends on your taste in genres, here's some great North American games-

Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Wonderboy
Wonderboy in Monsterland
Wonderboy III
Phantasy Star
Miracle Warriors
Fantasy Zone II
Golvelius
Zillion
Ultima IV
Golden Axe Warrior
Psycho Fox
Rastan
Spellcaster

Foreign(?) gems-

Bubble Bobble
Sagaia
Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2
Mickey Mouse Castle and Land of Illusion's
Power Strike 1 and 2

Joe Redifer

Of the games BT listed, I still need to get Wonder Boy, Bubble Bobble and Sagaia.  I'd love to get Power Strike 2 but I hear that is mega R@R3.

_Paul

I would go for:

Wonder Boy
Wonder Boy 3
Alex Kidd and the Lost Stars
Out Run
Zillion
Shinobi
Rastan
Spellcaster
Phantasy Star
Space Harrier

oh and so many more...

SignOfZeta

Damn, I couldn't ID even half of those games. My SMS collection kind of sucks.

Fantastic video.
IMG

SNKNostalgia

A lot of those games seem really good. Of course most of the unkown games must be Japanese, Brazilian and Game Gear. I remember Vampire or Dracula being a good castlevania clone. I played it on my friends Game Gear for a bit back in 92. I definitely would get Ninja as it was a fun but hard classic that I even enjoy playing on the emulator.

Dark Fact

Watching that compilation video makes me ashamed that I hadn't given the Sega Master System more of a chance than it really needed.  I ought to find a few games and play them.  Looks like I missed out BIG. #-o
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!