10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Membership has its privileges.. the "F@ck EBAY Club" card

Started by Sparky, 07/10/2010, 11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

You have to want to join! :P  And not just for the goodies, but rather for the sake of fighting against the gougery that is ebay!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

bartre

:lol:
yeah, i try to avoid ebay altogether, it's supposed to be an auction site, but it's hardly that anymore.
so let me rephrase that:

"please sir, i want to join."

BlueBMW

Quote from: bartre on 01/24/2011, 07:34 PMit's supposed to be an auction site, but it's hardly that anymore.
Quoted for truth :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

Oh so nice.  Please send me a bootie for my Sapphire booty.  8)

Ebay ain't all bad: my recent haul from hit-japan was $92.50 plus shipping, working out to about $10 per game shipped.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

chany60126

Hey guys, someone has offered me the US version of New Adventure Island with manual for $30 shipped. I have been wanting this game for quite some time. Do you guys think this is a good deal or should I wait?

NecroPhile

Quote from: chany60126 on 01/25/2011, 10:53 AMHey guys, someone has offered me the US version of New Adventure Island with manual for $30 shipped. I have been wanting this game for quite some time. Do you guys think this is a good deal or should I wait?
There's one up on eBay for the exact same price, so I wouldn't say that's a very good deal when the seller is saving the fees and you'd be forgoing eBay's protections.  If you're patient you should be able to find a better deal, even on eBay.

Sparky

Regarding the Sapphire inserts..... New members are always welcome but in this case these inserts are for existing members that signed up before Jan.1st 2010
Sorry i have to limit these & my time. There will be other Freebies so no worries to new members :)

bartre

Sparky

ok... send me your details and your ebay handle & will get this under way :)

Marll

Ohhh, can't wait to get mine. Thanks again Sparky, the printing work is top notch, couldn't be happier with the labels I already bought from you.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2011, 12:22 PMRegarding the Sapphire inserts..... New members are always welcome but in this case these inserts are for existing members that signed up before Jan.1st 2010
Sorry i have to limit these & my time. There will be other Freebies so no worries to new members :)
PM sent dude!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

did I need to send you my eBay handle?  - 'gamescapeonline'                  FTW
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

TGX16

The inserts arrived today Sparky, Thanks m8!
Now I've just have to find that jewelcase with the white tray I know I have somewere in the warzone I call a home :D

bartre

got my card today!
also, lovin the stickers that you sent with it sparky!
now, where to stick the stickers...

chany60126

I got my inserts today as well. Top notch stuff. I love how the borders of the back insert is
creased to fit perfectly in a CD case. Thank you so much, Sparky! :)

Mathius

Quote from: bartre on 01/31/2011, 03:41 PMgot my card today!
I didn't have the heart to use my stickers. I just couldn't bring myself to peel them off.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 01/31/2011, 05:29 PM
Quote from: bartre on 01/31/2011, 03:41 PMgot my card today!
I didn't have the heart to use my stickers. I just couldn't bring myself to peel them off.
Same here, all mine are still unused :P

Sparky

wow those inserts got to you guys fast, i only mailed them out last Wednesday!!! the postal service does not fuck around with F-ebay orders i guess :).

Glad you guys like the inserts. If you ever need to crease an edge yourself just use the back side of an xacto blade knife, make a light pass over the paper and ta daaaaa!!! :)

and use the stickers guys, i got lots.

NecroPhile

My insert arrived yesterday and it sure is purty sitting in its jewel case.  Many thanks to you, Sparky.

Marll

Got mine yesterday, top notch stuff as always. Now I just need to get a white CD case for it and it'll be perfect!

blueraven

My stickers remain unused almost a year? later.

Marll, is your avatar one of the suits the robot from Invader Zim wore?

Marll

It's actually a gif of one of the sprites from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

blueraven

JoshTurboTrollX

Got the Sapphire inserts, along with the sapphire booties it looks mighty tasty all together!!  WOO!!!  Thank you so very much!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gogan

Nothin beats the real thing.

PunkCryborg

I wanna join the club. I've never sold anything on Ebay, and all of the things I've bought from there I feel have been very fair or below average. I've actually have never sold any of my gaming stuff. I'm a big time local thrift store/game store hunter and all of my doubles have been given away to friends. One of my good friends got a modded Saturn in a carrying case and a starter set of games for his B-day, another sport fan freind got all of my NES sports titles and very clean NES for christmas.
Most of my PCE purchases have actually been from other forum members and I've had great communication with them and very fair deals.
I'll PM you my info Sparky

Sparky

elabit all looks good......card will be out on monday, follow the rules or we make a road trip to see ya :twisted: :P
IMG

PunkCryborg

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: elabit on 02/06/2011, 02:41 AMSweet, this is the best day of my life
ha ha ha its a brand new world now isnt it elabit
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

TGX16

He has seen the light....Halleluja! Praise the lord....ops, wrong forum sorry, ROTFL!!!

blueraven

bartre

Hey Sparky, I know i don't meet the cutoff, but could I buy the insert and such for Sapphire?
My copy is sad and lonely...

JoshTurboTrollX

Little video with new camera and sparks swell inserts!  :D

Sparky

Quote from: bartre on 02/09/2011, 07:18 PMHey Sparky, I know i don't meet the cutoff, but could I buy the insert and such for Sapphire?
My copy is sad and lonely...
sorry, sticking to my guns on this.... <<grabs holsters>>

enix2093

Wow.  Wish I read this shit before I posted my sale thread.  Could have save everyone a lot of heartache if I knew ebay pricing was so highly shat on here...not that ebay is highly regarded anywhere else, but ya know.

BlueBMW

Quote from: enix2093 on 03/02/2011, 10:09 PMWow.  Wish I read this shit before I posted my sale thread.  Could have save everyone a lot of heartache if I knew ebay pricing was so highly shat on here...not that ebay is highly regarded anywhere else, but ya know.
Ebay wasn't bad until everything went to Buy it Now.  No one auctions games for real market prices anymore, they just look at what everyone else is trying to sell them for and put theirs a little higher hoping someone will be stupid and buy it.

But yes, ebay has caused the prices on Turbo / PCE stuff to be grossly over inflated for no good reason at all, and as such few here are big fans of using ebay for anything Turbo / PCE related.

enix2093

Yeah, I looked on ebay when I was considering selling my TG16/CD systems and the fucking CD was like $400-ish....but at least there were other sensible resources for pricing on the net for the systems...unfortunately for me Beyond Shadowgate didn't have anything else I could find for pricing (except racketboy, which is also apparently frowned upon)

BlueBMW

Quote from: enix2093 on 03/02/2011, 10:33 PMYeah, I looked on ebay when I was considering selling my TG16/CD systems and the fucking CD was like $400-ish....but at least there were other sensible resources for pricing on the net for the systems...unfortunately for me Beyond Shadowgate didn't have anything else I could find for pricing (except racketboy, which is also apparently frowned upon)
To get an idea... I just a few weeks ago, paid about $145 shipped for a working good TG16 + CDrom setup.  (it was $175 shipped with an Arcade Card Pro)  That's about the top of what I'd consider a working good setup to be worth.

enix2093

Meh, doesn't matter to me...I couldn't bring myself to sell it, even at $400...not that I'd consider more.  I just can't get rid of the system.  Software, maybe...system, no.

NecroPhile

Quote from: enix2093 on 03/02/2011, 11:52 PMMeh, doesn't matter to me...I couldn't bring myself to sell it, even at $400...not that I'd consider more.  I just can't get rid of the system.  Software, maybe...system, no.
Sure you would, douchebag; you'd do anything for money.

Besides, who the do you think you're kidding?  We all know that the average TG-CD isn't worth anywhere near $400, not even on eBay.

PunkCryborg

Hey Sparky I got my card and stickers in teh mail. Thanks buddy!

Bernie

hmm..  Sign me up.  My ebay ID is bnjimi2009.

Sparky

Mishran

This is my kinda club... Haven't paid over 30 bucks for anything for the past 5 years. Rarely even use eBay really. Haven't really sold anything on there either for years. I'm a self proclaimed penny pincher. eBay sucks! EBay id: mstrsleuth

Sparky

Quote from: Mishran on 03/17/2011, 12:32 AMThis is my kinda club... Haven't paid over 30 bucks for anything for the past 5 years. Rarely even use eBay really. Haven't really sold anything on there either for years. I'm a self proclaimed penny pincher. eBay sucks! EBay id: mstrsleuth
Your approved!!! :)
IMG

Sparky

CGQuarterly

roflmao

I'll sign up as well.  eBay ID: danhutchins6zac

Thanks,
Dan

Sparky

Jibbajaba  & roflmao Your both approved!!!

IMG IMG

Your cards will be in the mail this monday (Our postal strike is over here in canada but giving them some time before i mail)

blueraven

First eBay game purchase in about 6 months:

Cadash (Complete) with a water-damaged manual (US)
Silent Debuggers (loose)
Bonk (lose)
Blazing Lasers (loose)
Legendary Axe 2 (loose)
Keith Courage (loose)

$34.