10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

xcrement5x

IMG

New Sega Master System pickups! This was a trade with an awesome Sega16 forum member in the UK who was able to find me Sonic 1, Spider-Man, and Strider all complete and in awesome shape!

I had been wanting all of these for awhile, and since the US and UK versions are exactly the same I saw no reason not to just get them from there instead of trying to find them here.  Happy to finally have them in my library, Sonic especially seems like it will be neat to play/compare :)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gypsy

After a long and trying journey, it arrives.

IMG

I was not disappointed.

esadajr

Quote from: guest on 10/11/2016, 04:31 PMIMG

New Sega Master System pickups! This was a trade with an awesome Sega16 forum member in the UK who was able to find me Sonic 1, Spider-Man, and Strider all complete and in awesome shape!

I had been wanting all of these for awhile, and since the US and UK versions are exactly the same I saw no reason not to just get them from there instead of trying to find them here.  Happy to finally have them in my library, Sonic especially seems like it will be neat to play/compare :)
Sonic 1 does not disappoint, granted you take it for what it is (a pretty good SMS platformer).
Gaming since 1985

NecroPhile

Gypsy: did you repeat Klaatu Barada Nikto before picking it up?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Klaatu Varada *cough cough cough*

bartre

no pics :(
but I've been on a Vita kick lately.
on the way/recently received:
Criminal Girls 2
Disgaea 4
Xblaze lost memories
Assassin's creed 3
Borderlands 2

technozombie

Quote from: guest on 10/11/2016, 04:31 PMIMG

Nice, i've been thinking about trying to import some SMS games from the UK since the pound has dropped compared to the dollar.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

IMG

IMG

So I got Cotton. Yeah me.

Escape from cyber city. I don't even have a CDI. However it's cheap and it caught my eye. The character designs also reminds me of railroad 666 and captain garlicky.

As for the DS games. Well I have a long list of wants and figured best get to picking them up while CIB is still easy to find and not overly priced. Oddly I was just looking for Demintium 1&2. Found this lot of four at a really good price. Don't need chronology trigger so that's up for trades toward more DS games.

esteban

HEY!

I never saw Escape from Cyber City before! That intrigues me ;)

TELL ME MOAR

:)

NightWolve

Ah, so a Philips CD-i game, thought it was an anime DVD at first glance.

Mathius

Rather than dedicate a whole thread to this I'll post this here for you guys to consider. Our friend Cobra, which appeared in two PC Engine CD adventures, is getting his entire video series released in America. Sadly it's only English subtitled. I'm not the biggest fan of Cobra to know whether this has seen release here before, but I still found this tempting.

http://www.animecornerstore.com/cobraanimation.html

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 10/14/2016, 05:15 PMHEY!

TELL ME MOAR

Escape from cyber city uses footage from galaxy express 999,so it's not a original fmv game.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Bloufo

IMG

Got very nice deals on the stuff below,

Not the "S", but this 1TB Xbone was at a clearance sale half price. I'll keep it or flog it. Still deciding.
It has a bunch of games pre-installed on the HD, incl Gears of War Ultimate Edition, and Rare Replay.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: TR0N on 10/14/2016, 10:48 PM
Quote from: esteban on 10/14/2016, 05:15 PMHEY!

TELL ME MOAR

Escape from cyber city uses footage from galaxy express 999,so it's not a original fmv game.
That and game play is similar to time gal.

Dicer

Got these part of a trade, some new FEKA for lil ole me...

IMG

:dance: Dat Shaq :dance:

TheClash603

I have been hanging out with Eddie Furlong and The Trickster ever since I plugged into my PS VR 2 days ago.  What is reality anyway?

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

Warbucks

xcrement5x

Quote from: esadajr on 10/17/2016, 02:15 PMNew spare

IMG
I keep on trying to find an extra used tire for the 15" rim for my Corolla so I can have a full sized spare.  Already have the rim, just need the tire.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gypsy

Medic_wheat

Need to remember to get those two outrun games for the Xbox.

Also that don pachi game for the Saturn looks like fun. And isn't cheap.

Gypsy

Outrun 2006 is stupid overpriced for the Xbox version. If you can find it for cheap that's cool of course, but the PS2 version runs a lot less.

OutRun 2 is great fun btw, already have hours into it.

DonPachi was $30 so not too bad. The load times are gnarly though (PS1 version is better I think, but I don't have a Japanese PS2 yet).

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 10/22/2016, 05:48 PMOutrun 2006 is stupid overpriced for the Xbox version. If you can find it for cheap that's cool of course, but the PS2 version runs a lot less.

DonPachi was $30 so not too bad. The load times are gnarly though (PS1 version is better I think, but I don't have a Japanese PS2 yet).
Wow $30?  Why the hell do I keep seeing it on eBay for $120 ish.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/22/2016, 06:28 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 10/22/2016, 05:48 PMOutrun 2006 is stupid overpriced for the Xbox version. If you can find it for cheap that's cool of course, but the PS2 version runs a lot less.

You must be the
Do you really know how to search ebay? First, you're probably thinking of DoDonPachi, since you can buy DonPachi right now for $48 including shipping.

But even for DoDonPachi, there's a BIN right now for $86 shipped.

You don't get $120 unless you're trying to buy both at the same time.

Gypsy

Huh, shouldn't be that much even on the Bay, though I haven't looked there much lately.

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2016, 06:38 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/22/2016, 06:28 PM

You must be the
Do you really know how to search ebay? First, you're probably thinking of DoDonPachi, since you can buy DonPachi right now for $48 including shipping.

But even for DoDonPachi, there's a BIN right now for $86 shipped.

You don't get $120 unless you're trying to buy both at the same time.
Those prices make a bit more sense.

Medic_wheat

IMG

Just looked it up. Wow. This was a $20 dollar game. It feel as though sellers are hyping the Ferrari angle. Where I couldn't care less. Only if it is a fun driving game.  Well that's one game I probably won't be picking up.

Medic_wheat

IMG

Oh that's not a bad price. Was I thinking of the PMG arcade copy?  Maybe that's why I had a different price in my head.

Gypsy

PS2 version can be had for $20 and under with patience (bins are more). I spaced on bidding on a copy last week that sold for $2.32 + shipping. Doh!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 10/22/2016, 06:43 PMPS2 version can be had for $20 and under with patience (bins are more). I spaced on bidding on a copy last week that sold for $2.32 + shipping. Doh!
IMG

That's more like it. Are they are differences between the Xbox and PS2 port. Game play and performance wise. Not "eatery". Wise.

Gypsy

Minor differences probably. Xbox version might look slightly better, but not worth the cost difference imo.

Mathius

PS2 version, plus Outrun 2 on XB is the way to go. PS2 version runs a-ok as well.  :)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 10/22/2016, 08:30 PMPS2 version, plus Outrun 2 on XB is the way to go. PS2 version runs a-ok as well.  :)
The Xbox Coast to Coast version and the XBLA arcade HD version are great too.
--DragonmasterDan

TheClash603

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/22/2016, 10:38 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/22/2016, 08:30 PMPS2 version, plus Outrun 2 on XB is the way to go. PS2 version runs a-ok as well.  :)
I have the XBLA version myself, which is great!  Too bad for digital stuff getting yanked so often.

sirhcman

Coast to coast was mentioned above.

Unfortunately outrun online arcade is delisted on both xbla and psn network :(

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 10/23/2016, 03:39 AM

I believe it has to do with Sega loosing the Ferarri license, which is actually the big reason why Outrun 2006 is so expensive as well.  It's pretty much guaranteed to never to have a re-release unless Sega picks up the licensing again. 

bartre

Snagged a vita off of letgo yesterday.
Oddly enough, it's a Japanese model.

IMG

Gypsy

Had a couple goodies show up today. One from a trade, the other bought from Japan.

i.imgur.com/FuE4NWi.jpg

Really pleased with how LG 9.7 plays. The Gladiator table is a bit tougher in terms of the ramp, but it was extremely easy before. Dragon Showdown and KOTR are vastly improved though. Much easier to hit the ramps. Dragon Showdown is still the toughest table though. Overall the ball gets stuck a lot less. Pretty much plays as smooth as DP Necro. For most people, this version likely isn't worth the price difference, but this is a game I play multiple times a week.

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

xcrement5x

That gun looks like serious business!

My box from Japan that I'd be waiting for finally showed up today.  I now have added two new ladies to my menagerie.  The Nendoroid will probably stay at work playing her JP Saturn.  I am living the Sega Hard Girls Dream!

IMG

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/27/2016, 10:16 AMLost: IMG_2125.jpg
MUST SEE DUNGEON HUNTER IN ACTION!!!!!!!

Get out your damn camcorder!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 10/23/2016, 03:39 AM

Can you drive as George Noory?

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

xcrement5x

Der shoveling!  Super good game!!

Second thing from Japan:

IMG

FInally got me a copy of the Falcom Special Box 93 soundtrack collection is a 4 disc set with each disc devoted to a different game/series by Falcom. Everything is tied together with a pretty chipboard box with a finish that's kinda of like a sparkly white on it. It's taken me a long time to locate a copy with the obi as well.

Discs are: Lord Monarch, Brandish, Popful Mail, and a Ys IV/Brandish 2/Legend of Xanadu Sampler.

I mainly got this because I love every and all Popful Mail related things.

Bloufo

I'm meant to go and pick it up this coming Friday.

Looks in great shape.

I'm told Metal Slug 3 is also included (it's inside the cab).

All for the equivalent of about $150.

i67.tinypic.com/ehaxio.jpg
i66.tinypic.com/2i7r2i1.jpg
i63.tinypic.com/29p8ej8.jpg

wildfruit

I got a chipped ps1 and world of final fantasy on PS4. I haven't played it but I watched my son have a go. It's a bit Pokémonfied

esadajr

got another Roku, a Roku 2. I needed the ethernet port for extra reliability but wasnt willing to shell out for a Roku Premiere +
Gaming since 1985

sirhcman

Quote from: esadajr on 11/01/2016, 09:23 AMgot another Roku, a Roku 2. I needed the ethernet port for extra reliability but wasnt willing to shell out for a Roku Premiere +
I use my Roku 2 XS all the time, it has paid for itself many times over! I wish the menus were a little more snappy and responsive but it has been going strong for 4+ years now and have no reason to upgrade at this point

Bloufo

^^
Some of the Roku "private channels" are decent value.