OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 12/10/2010, 10:02 AMSome PSP games arrived in the mail:Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles.
That game is such a bargain. It has the original version, an enhanced version, and Symphony of the Night!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

geise

It is a good bargain, but I swear to god that the pce DraculaX plays a tad faster than on original pc-e hardware.  I'm not a fan of the remake all that much but having SotN is a great addition.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Mathius on 12/10/2010, 01:06 AM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 12/10/2010, 12:16 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 12/09/2010, 11:36 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 12/09/2010, 11:13 PMInspector Gadget!  8)
I hope you mean the cartoon series.  :P
haha. I'll get you next time Mathius...next time.
Heh, I am sure that was supposed to be said in Dr. Claw's famous vocal cord stripping bellow. :lol:
Is there any other way of saying that?  :lol:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Colossus1574

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/08/2010, 03:17 AMI got the barebones Inception Blu-ray.  I don't need an included DVD or "Digital Copy".  I don't need a t-shirt, shooting schedule or keychain.  Just want the movie.
Only $3 price diff, so ended up getting the bundle pack, and since I got it on the 1st day...came with a free Tshirt, who CAN'T use a free Tshirt??? haha

/dscf0529-0.jpg

Since i finished NGaiden Sigma 1 few weeks ago, decided to hunt down part 2, and dunno why impulsed and bidded on a "rare" as he advertised Poster. Funny thing was even though i won them on different days and game came from Florida, poster from Liverpool...they showed up on my doorstep on the same DAY! Must be because the postoffice knew they'd make a great package  :dance:

/dscf0524-0.jpg

And finally did some Xmas shopping but snagged a couple of deals... Doomsday $13 which i saw at a buddy's place and the 1st 15mins alredy hooked me in, Lost Boys $6 because i spent over $20 in store at HMV.

/dscf0533-0.jpg

TR0N

/NESrecaa.png
/Ps3bl.png
/pceslng.png
/gooniesbr.png
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

RoyVegas

Love love love Goonies...  Pure awesomeness.
All is well. :)

Opethian

Tr0n: Been playing Borderlands on PC the game is fun as hell. With all the DLC content the game is huge!
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: Opethian on 12/16/2010, 08:41 AMTr0n: Been playing Borderlands on PC the game is fun as hell. With all the DLC content the game is huge!
Borderlands was the last PC game I really enjoyed.  Diablo 3 in 2012 may be the next.

henrycsc

HANATAKADAKA!   =D>  Awesome Tron!  ...one of my favorites!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

BlueBMW

Picked up a few things this week :P

Got my SS gift, and an extra gift from none other than PC Henler :D

/Video%20Game%20Stuff/Games.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

Rocket Coaster makes me drool.

TR0N

Quote from: Opethian on 12/16/2010, 08:41 AMTr0n: Been playing Borderlands on PC the game is fun as hell. With all the DLC content the game is huge!
Yeah,that's why i got the goty edition of borderlands.When i do start the game finally i'll have some thing to play for a long while with it's dlc.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: henrycsc on 12/16/2010, 10:41 PMHANATAKADAKA!   =D&gt;  Awesome Tron!  ...one of my favorites!
Thanks i been meaning to get that one for a long time now.I did stop buying pce games for a few years now.Then i started again trying to find hanatakadaka for some reason that,game is hard to find as of late.Luckly for me jgs had a copy so i bought it from there but it was pricey.....
IMG

JapanTokei

Tron - hanataka is a great game.. one that is still missing from my collection!   enjoy it.  I think its like a Coryoon clone.

Quote from: TR0N on 12/16/2010, 11:59 PM
Quote from: henrycsc on 12/16/2010, 10:41 PMHANATAKADAKA!   =D&gt;  Awesome Tron!  ...one of my favorites!
Thanks i been meaning to get that one for a long time now.I did stop buying pce games for a few years now.Then i started again trying to find hanatakadaka for some reason that,game is hard to find as of late.Luckly for me jgs had a copy so i bought it from there but it was pricey.....

JapanTokei

Hoobs:  do you like F Armour?  I found it very simplistic... chick in half naked armous with mario action etc.. seems like a lot of divide on this game's worth in terms of gameplay.  let us know what you think.

Quote from: hoobs88 on 11/29/2010, 11:20 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 11/29/2010, 06:25 PM:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: Superb deals to

/2d2fa336.jpg
What is the game on the left called?

Tatsujin

Quote from: JapanTokei on 12/18/2010, 11:23 AMHoobs:  do you like F Armour?  I found it very simplistic... chick in half naked armous with mario action etc.. seems like a lot of divide on this game's worth in terms of gameplay.  let us know what you think.
This is not F Armour, this is F Amour ;)

I like the game very much. Some of the best redbook tunez and fantastic arts as well color use.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

henrycsc

Coryoon it's not, but still an excellent game.  Lots of fun!  Also a lot cheaper than Coryoon.

Quote from: JapanTokei on 12/18/2010, 11:19 AMTron - hanataka is a great game.. one that is still missing from my collection!   enjoy it.  I think its like a Coryoon clone.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

BlueBMW

My laseractive arrived this week!  Way cool system!  It sustained some damage in shipping, but fortunately I was able to repair it!  And I got some good Laseractive pron shots while I was at it!  Also, Henrycsc sent me a few extras as an extra Christmas gift!

/laseractive1.jpg

ProN shot!
/laseractivepron.jpg

Henler's little gift :D
/henlerxmas.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbogrfxfan

I got my sgx on thursday and it took less than a week to get.  Shipping from japan was fine.  also got God panic, and 3 fu unexpected fu movies from NECT!!!!  I also got my secret santa frim blueraven and I got l-dis which ive been wanting for a very long time.  Awesome x-masss.  thnx guys!!!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Opethian

IMG

JapanTokei

ho ho ho merry Xmas!  picked this nice set of PCE Shuttle in box - up for myself for the holidays  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Inlaws in Japan will be bringing it for me... will post actual pictures once I get my hands on the goodies.

it comes with some obscure memory add-on set designed just for the PCE shuttle that I have no clue about...

(シャトル専用バックアップユニット PI-AD9(5,800円))  <--- anyone can shed light on this?

auction pictures below. 

IMG
IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

that is way tooooo coool. congrats :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

IMG

nectarsis

Only the Shaw Brothers Blu's were full price...Best Buy giftcard goodness  :dance: :dance:

/c4500392-1.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

BlueBMW

Mmmm...  I still need to get FF7 AC on bluray.... The DVD is great, but... :lol:

Opethian

I'll sell you mine Beamer. I got the cardboard sleeve on mine still lol it looks amazing on bluray
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: Opethian on 12/26/2010, 10:14 PMI'll sell you mine Beamer. I got the cardboard sleeve on mine still lol it looks amazing on bluray
I thought it looked amazing on DVD!  I'm just curious to see how much better it might look on Bluray.  Some movies dont make the jump too well, but anything CG like FF7 AC usually is pure WIN on bluray.  Shoot me a price for it alone, and it with your PCE/IFU/CD2 setup :P

Sparky

The stuff i got for xmas... loving the PS3 Move controller so bought EyePet today for my little girl & me as well :P, good times.
Also hoping to trade Castlevania or Black ops for Splatterhouse  :-k

IMG

Opethian

IMG

Senshi

Sparky, how is that dead rising 2 special edition? is it worth it?
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Sparky

Quote from: Senshi on 12/30/2010, 09:41 PMSparky, how is that dead rising 2 special edition? is it worth it?
my wife bought it for me off amazon... $69 compare to $39 for the regular.. here is what ya get... 2 disc set... i like it but glad someone else bought it :)

IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: nectarsis on 12/26/2010, 09:44 PMOnly the Shaw Brothers Blu's were full price...Best Buy giftcard goodness  :dance: :dance:

/c4500392-1.jpg
as for the left side of this picture ->  =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt;

Ceti Alpha

hahaha tats. Nice Blu-Rays, for sure! I haven't watched Close Encounters all the way through in such a long time. It's gotta be done. Get the popcorn ready and power up the GnG cab, neccler!  :lol:

But Tokei, that's an uber haul, right there.  =P~
IMG

SuperDeadite

Hmm, not sure what I'm going to do with this yet, but for 1,780yen, I had to take this little guy home with me.  :D

IMG
IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

nikdog

IMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMG

Mathius

BlueBMW

Will trade sapphire booties for super grafx... :lol:

Tatsujin

BlueBMW

Not turbo/pce related but...  something really cool arrived yesterday!  This expensive little adapter allowed me to run 3 monitors off my new video card AND be able to play games across all 3 screens.  Before I was using two video cards to run the 3 screens, which was great for windows, but games still only utilized the one screen.  Now I am teh ubergeekt!

/adapter.jpg

Here's Crysis on 3 screens!

/crysiswide.jpg

And Civilization 5!

/civ5wide.jpg

Mathius

Opethian

damn I dont even have room for that many monitors lol. wonder how driving games are with that setup
IMG

BlueBMW

I was going to download F1 2010 on steam to try just that Ope!  I'm just impressed that the one video card is capable of pushing that high a resolution (3840x1024) at a decent framerate!  Its amazing how far computer tech has come.  I remember when VGA was cool!  :P

BTW, does anyone here need a decent video card?  I have no use for my old one now that I've replaced it.  Its a BFG Geforce 8800 GTS 512mb.  If someone wants it, let me know!

Ceti Alpha

Your vid card wouldn't work with my AMD processor, would it? I think we already discussed that before, though. lol

Anyway, love the set up. Those are nice monitors. Are they 4:3?
IMG

Duo_R

Ill snag the card if ceti doesn't want it.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Joe Redifer

That's really cool, but it'd be even cooler if they were 16:10 monitors instead of 4:3.  Make it happen!  :)

BlueBMW

Quote from: ceti alpha on 01/01/2011, 03:32 PMYour vid card wouldn't work with my AMD processor, would it? I think we already discussed that before, though. lol

Anyway, love the set up. Those are nice monitors. Are they 4:3?
The monitors are all Samsung SyncMaster 930Bs (came out maybe 5 years ago?)  5:4 ratio, native 1280x1024)  19"  :P

My old video card should work on any machine with a PCI Express slot I believe :P  So whichever of you two wants it, or I could flip a coin :lol:

As far as using 16:10 monitors... someday perhaps!  But monitors aint cheap and as was pointed out, space is a concern.  These already take up the entire desk.  And honestly, any wider and I'd have to start swiveling my head quite a bit to see everything.  If anyone's curious, the card I'm using is a Radeon 6850.  This particular card is about $170 or so.  The adapter is a display port to DVI-D "active/powered"  which was about $80 alone.  In order to run the 3 screens off the one card, you must either use one "display port" type monitor, or an adapter like that.  (the other two monitors can be HDMI or DVI/VGA)

Sadly, everything seems to be going widescreen these days, so no more squarish monitors :(  But I guess the next step that people have taken is to use 5 widescreen monitors arranged side by side but vertical instead.  The display port connection can support up to 6 screens on its own.

/vidcard2.jpg

nikdog

Well the more monitors you add, the more strain you add on the Video Card. Pretty much why alot of people use 2 video cards to drive 1 2560×1600 display at max settings.
IMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: nikdog on 01/01/2011, 08:52 PMWell the more monitors you add, the more strain you add on the Video Card. Pretty much why alot of people use 2 video cards to drive 1 2560×1600 display at max settings.
The guy I bought the 6850 card from offered me a second identical card and I'm halfway considering getting it and running a second card for the very reason you just mentioned.  At the least it might offer me a few years of future proofing, which is probably about how much longer I have with my current mobo / cpu / ram combo.

Opethian

I have a 7300GS PCI-e card if anyone wants it as well for shipping costs!
IMG

BlueBMW

Should we rename this thread to "teh what did you give away today" thread :P