RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opethian

tfan: how do you like Aldynes? its one of the best reasons to own an SGX
IMG

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Opethian on 02/03/2011, 07:46 AMtfan: how do you like Aldynes? its one of the best reasons to own an SGX
well actually I just bought it I still have to get it in the mail...  lol kinda jumped the gun.  Its the game i wanted the most out of the sgx games and i got a pretty good deal as well.  56 bucks.  ill let u know!!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: henrycsc on 02/02/2011, 11:58 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/02/2011, 09:46 PMI like that mod!  I'd like to see something cool done to a TG16.  Plus those are cheaper and wouldn't be as sad to see cut.
Twas originally going to be on a TG16 - but the design would have been much smaller on it. 

I got the RX for a good price loose.  My boxed one won't be touched.

I also had a region switch added - the main reason I wanted it done on an RX - much more stable than the TGCD's until the gear/warm up issues are solved.
I want this done to one of my systems now.  HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?

Thats some cool ass modificationation.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

A semester's worth of school books, which is negative oBey for about a month or two.

Good excuse to get my clear ratio up. *is slacking*

henrycsc

Quote from: guest on 02/03/2011, 11:29 PM
Quote from: henrycsc on 02/02/2011, 11:58 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/02/2011, 09:46 PMI like that mod!  I'd like to see something cool done to a TG16.  Plus those are cheaper and wouldn't be as sad to see cut.
Twas originally going to be on a TG16 - but the design would have been much smaller on it. 

I got the RX for a good price loose.  My boxed one won't be touched.

I also had a region switch added - the main reason I wanted it done on an RX - much more stable than the TGCD's until the gear/warm up issues are solved.
I want this done to one of my systems now.  HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?

Thats some cool ass modificationation.
Ark,
Contact Red Ghost with what you are thinking of doing.  He was great to work with.  I'm sure he stays pretty busy (once I decided to have it done, I ended up being 3rd in line), but he'll get back in touch with you.   Here's some of his other stuff (with the OBEY now properly on top  :mrgreen: ): http://gametz.com/user/platinumfungi.html

This was the original concept that I had for the TG16.  He helped "evolve" it into a much nicer finished product while still retaining the feel of my original idea.
/zonknegplacement2.jpg
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

BlackandBlue

Thanks to play-asia for their 20% off-coupon for instock items ;)  Didn't want a kinect, but basically got it for free.
IMG
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

rag-time4

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 02/04/2011, 05:52 PMThanks to play-asia for their 20% off-coupon for instock items ;)  Didn't want a kinect, but basically got it for free.
IMG
If you weren't already aware, a cool think about owning a Japanese 360 is that most of the US games are region free.

JapanTokei

Henry, that is a masterful find.  The boxed SCD is so minty... and yes, the complete spined Downtown Nekketsru.   damn. 
and here I am still locked up in temp. housing in tiny Singapore... baaaahhhh... i need to get my gameroom back.... fast!

Quote from: henrycsc on 01/18/2011, 09:10 PMAfter 3 months of hard labor, my new baby finally arrived!  :)
/p1181808.jpg

Oh, and some big headed hunchbacks came too!   :mrgreen:

BlackandBlue

Quote from: rag-time4 on 02/05/2011, 01:35 AMIf you weren't already aware, a cool think about owning a Japanese 360 is that most of the US games are region free.
That's pretty cool. I knew a few weren't region coded, but I didn't know most werent.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: JapanTokei on 02/05/2011, 06:55 AMHenry, that is a masterful find.  The boxed SCD is so minty... and yes, the complete spined Downtown Nekketsru.   damn. 
and here I am still locked up in temp. housing in tiny Singapore... baaaahhhh... i need to get my gameroom back.... fast!

Quote from: henrycsc on 01/18/2011, 09:10 PMAfter 3 months of hard labor, my new baby finally arrived!  :)
/p1181808.jpg

Oh, and some big headed hunchbacks came too!   :mrgreen:
Dang! That is gorgeous, hennler!  =D> =D>

That setup is minty fresh - boxed and everything. Congrats, my man. You must be one happy camper. lol

Quote from: nectarsis on 02/04/2011, 05:11 PM/96b11b12-1.jpg
Spaceballs and Red Heat. Uber watching!  =D> :lol:

Some PSP Ys action isn't too shabby, either. But what is that package in the red wrapping?
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nectarsis

Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/05/2011, 11:32 AMBut what is that package in the red wrapping?
It is a box set (VCD) of all 4 of the Shaw Brothers Monkey Goes West/Journey to the West movies from the late 60's   :dance: :dance: :dance:  Oddly the third one got a R1 release... and the R3 dvd's are OOP and can be pretty hard to find.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: nectarsis on 02/05/2011, 12:39 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/05/2011, 11:32 AMBut what is that package in the red wrapping?
It is a box set (VCD) of all 4 of the Shaw Brothers Monkey Goes West/Journey to the West movies from the late 60's   :dance: :dance: :dance:  Oddly the third one got a R1 release... and the R3 dvd's are OOP and can be pretty hard to find.
Very nice! :)
IMG

Opethian

IMG

BlueBMW

Got in some new stuff this week.  An odd arrangement of stuff if I do say so myself. :P  The supergrafx was a local find.  The nuon, an impulse buy.  And the ipad was forced upon me at too low a price to say no.  (might be up for trade here soon, I have NO use for it really)

/newstuff.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 02/05/2011, 11:50 PMYou found a SGX locally???
It was on ebay, but I noticed the guys location was my city, so I broke ebay rules and contacted him and completed a deal outside :P  Turns out, the guy works maybe 5 minutes from my work.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SignOfZeta

Why is that iPad so thick looking? Is that what the 3G ones are like? Or maybe its actually a pirate Famicom or something? I bought one for my mother for Xmas and it was much thinner.

I don't have any use for one either. I played with the one I bought for my mother for quite a while getting it set up and stuff, and while it is absolutely fascinating and a total joy to use, its really just a toy and in reality I'd always rather use my Macbook.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/06/2011, 12:06 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 02/05/2011, 11:50 PMYou found a SGX locally???
It was on ebay, but I noticed the guys location was my city, so I broke ebay rules and contacted him and completed a deal outside :P  Turns out, the guy works maybe 5 minutes from my work.
Groovy  8)

BlueBMW

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/06/2011, 12:51 AMWhy is that iPad so thick looking? Is that what the 3G ones are like? Or maybe its actually a pirate Famicom or something? I bought one for my mother for Xmas and it was much thinner.

I don't have any use for one either. I played with the one I bought for my mother for quite a while getting it set up and stuff, and while it is absolutely fascinating and a total joy to use, its really just a toy and in reality I'd always rather use my Macbook.
It came with this bluetooth keyboard / hard case thing.  That's why its so thick.

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/06/2011, 08:47 AM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/06/2011, 12:51 AMWhy is that iPad so thick looking? Is that what the 3G ones are like? Or maybe its actually a pirate Famicom or something? I bought one for my mother for Xmas and it was much thinner.

It came with this bluetooth keyboard / hard case thing.  That's why its so thick.
Good move! That keyboad will make it so you actually use it!

SignOfZeta

I doubt it. It will just make the thing bigger.
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/06/2011, 11:33 AMGood move! That keyboad will make it so you actually use it!
It is pretty neat.  It makes you WANT to use it.  But like SoZ said, its a toy.  Even though my laptop is huge and has a fraction of the battery life, its just so much more usable.  If I need an ultra portable tablet I'll just use my droid phone or itouch.  I am letting my mother play with it to see if its something she might use.

SignOfZeta

For casual viewing of webpages the thing is unmatched. Its also pretty rad for ebooks, Netflix, and other ultra-casual "consumptive" internet behaviors like Facebook or just cruising through Flicker or eBay.

If you are into astronomy, there is SkySafari, which I used to help me track the most recent lunar eclipse. The interface is a bit smoother than what I use on my Mac (TheSkyX).

Another thing I like are those apps devoted to specify radio shows or webpages. The IMDB one is nice. The one for This American Life is pretty rad (if you like that show) because it also doubles as a donation to the show. It only costs a few dollars and you get all the TAL stuff organized in one place with a load of bonus junk too.

Now, all of this stuff can be done on an iPhone as well, but here's something that works much better on the larger screen: Virtuoso Piano.

/virtuoso-piano-2-ss1.jpg

At first glance it looks like a pretty no frills piano emulator, and it is, but what is totally cool is that you can chose which part of the keyboard those rows represent, and you can flip them to make it a versus dueling pianos thing, which is really fun if two people know how to play. You can probably do that on the iPhone/Touch version, but it would be much harder.

All of this stuff is, as I said, a distraction. I can do it all better with other hardware. If you add a keyboard all you have is a shitty laptop. Apple stuff is best enjoyed the way it is. If you fight the design, you just end up pissed off at it. If you have a lot of typing to do you should be using a real computer, not carrying around some stupid thing that triples the size of the iPad. Another thing to avoid: "free" apps. The ones that shove so many fucking adds in your face you might as well have bought a Toshiba netbook for half the price.

All of this cool stuff makes me hope that the huge success of the iPad brings me the product I've wanted for ages, a touch screen MacBook. Basically what I have already (a real CPU, OS, keyboard, etc at real resolution) but with a bendy touch screen. That would be so fucking rad, especially for music programs.
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Got my belated Birthday gifts from my brother last night! Woot!

The new Tron DS game. Online lightcycles on the DS? Sold! And non other than Rocket Robin Hood, season 2. This cartoon and the old 60s Spiderman cartoon are produced by the same Canadian production company. Season 2 of Rocket Robin Hood was particularly LDS...errr...LSD induced. A lot of the animation from this season can be seen on the old Spiderman cartoon. LSD must have been the popular lunch choice at that company because these shows will whack your brain. lol

IMG

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/06/2011, 02:41 PMFor casual viewing of webpages the thing is unmatched. Its also pretty rad for ebooks, Netflix, and other ultra-casual "consumptive" internet behaviors like Facebook or just cruising through Flicker or eBay.
Unmatched? The Motorala Xoom with Android Honeycomb (optimized for tablets) pretty much trumps the iPad in every department. I'd be very surprised if the iPad 2 will have half the features of Android Honeycomb. You're pretty much guaranteed that the iPad 2 won't have USB or an SD Card slot, which is unacceptable. Those are absolutely bare bones features on any media device and not including them is highly dubious. Just saying that the iPad isn't unmatched; in fact, Apple is going to have to really step up their game if they want to stay competitive in the tablet market. Even the Blackberry Playbook is a great alternative, if not better. I'm personally still not sold on the whole tablet wave, as my Android phone works just great for casual browsing.
IMG

Opethian

IMG
got Metal Eye for FM towns. was on the cheap heh
IMG

Mathius

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Opethian on 02/06/2011, 04:52 PMIMG
got Metal Eye for FM towns. was on the cheap heh
Did you get those from BESTYEAREVAR.com?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/06/2011, 03:58 PMUnmatched? The Motorala Xoom with Android Honeycomb (optimized for tablets) pretty much trumps the iPad in every department. I'd be very surprised if the iPad 2 will have half the features of Android Honeycomb. You're pretty much guaranteed that the iPad 2 won't have USB or an SD Card slot, which is unacceptable. Those are absolutely bare bones features on any media device and not including them is highly dubious. Just saying that the iPad isn't unmatched; in fact, Apple is going to have to really step up their game if they want to stay competitive in the tablet market. Even the Blackberry Playbook is a great alternative, if not better. I'm personally still not sold on the whole tablet wave, as my Android phone works just great for casual browsing.
Dude :) 

Up until this point, there really hasn't been any viable competition (in user experience)  to the iPad (a friend has Galaxy Tab...it's OK, but is not a workhorse like iPad: battery is annoying, frequent reboots, apps for tab...not here yet). And, honestly, it is far too early to suggest that the mere feature lists of the Xoom or PlayBook (both look very nice) will actually amount to something substantial (Xoom has Android Marketplace, but I am not sure if the PlayBook, with QNX, will blossom or wither). We will see.

Meanwhile, for nearly an entire year already, our iPad has been an absolute joy to use. My wife got the iPad at launch and it has been used constantly (me, wife, daughter) in our household ever since. We battle over the goddamn thing. Naysayers can nay all they want, but, if you can afford it, it's a welcome addition to any household: easy to use for luddites/clumsy kids, far more convenient to use than a laptop for a majority of use cases, fantastic battery life.

I'd say reading/browsing, playing games, watching tv/movies, emailing/scheduling are the top use cases for the iPad in our household. We all have laptops at our disposal. 99% of time, the iPad is what we grab if it is available.

I rarely get to use the damn thing, which is something I've just had to accept :(
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

JapanTokei

Agreeing with Esteban.... I work in the PC industry (used to work for Microsoft...)... all the PC makers these days are going to push into the tablets market.. it is just a totally different expereince for people to consume content.  If you visit stores, you can see it certainly has that WOW factor.... while notebooks gather boring dusts.  For working folks laptops is still a must, but it is clear the next gen of young ones / moms / light casual users much more prefer to consume content using the touch/slate/tablet platform. 

now.... if there is a way to get PC Engine emu on iPhone or iPad.... that is much needed!! 

Quote from: esteban on 02/07/2011, 12:28 AM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/06/2011, 03:58 PMUnmatched? The Motorala Xoom with Android Honeycomb (optimized for tablets) pretty much trumps the iPad in every department. I'd be very surprised if the iPad 2 will have half the features of Android Honeycomb. You're pretty much guaranteed that the iPad 2 won't have USB or an SD Card slot, which is unacceptable. Those are absolutely bare bones features on any media device and not including them is highly dubious. Just saying that the iPad isn't unmatched; in fact, Apple is going to have to really step up their game if they want to stay competitive in the tablet market. Even the Blackberry Playbook is a great alternative, if not better. I'm personally still not sold on the whole tablet wave, as my Android phone works just great for casual browsing.

Up until this point, there really hasn't been any viable competition (in user experience)  to the iPad (a friend has Galaxy Tab...it's OK, but is not a workhorse like iPad: battery is annoying, frequent reboots, apps for tab...not here yet). And, honestly, it is far too early to suggest that the mere feature lists of the Xoom or PlayBook (both look very nice) will actually amount to something substantial (Xoom has Android Marketplace, but I am not sure if the PlayBook, with QNX, will blossom or wither). We will see.

Meanwhile, for nearly an entire year already, our iPad has been an absolute joy to use. My wife got the iPad at launch and it has been used constantly (me, wife, daughter) in our household ever since. We battle over the goddamn thing. Naysayers can nay all they want, but, if you can afford it, it's a welcome addition to any household: easy to use for luddites/clumsy kids, far more convenient to use than a laptop for a majority of use cases, fantastic battery life.

I'd say reading/browsing, playing games, watching tv/movies, emailing/scheduling are the top use cases for the iPad in our household. We all have laptops at our disposal. 99% of time, the iPad is what we grab if it is available.

I rarely get to use the damn thing, which is something I've just had to accept :(

Tatsujin

Quote from: Opethian on 02/06/2011, 04:52 PMgot Metal Eye for FM towns. was on the cheap heh
are you already fappin'? :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

IMG

grahf

Well, I said I was back. Here's the proof.  :D
I only planned to pick up a controller. I don't know how I managed to bring all this home.

IMG
IMG

I also got one of these, but forgot to take a pic:
hc_pc.jpg

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/06/2011, 03:58 PMJust saying that the iPad isn't unmatched; in fact, Apple is going to have to really step up their game if they want to stay competitive in the tablet market.
Features are nearly irrelevant - as long as it has a pretty apple on the case, the sheep will buy it.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

Got my Kindle on Friday.

Can't play PC Engine games on it though.

/kindle3420x5519956718.jpg

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 02/07/2011, 12:31 PMGot my Kindle on Friday.

Can't play PC Engine games on it though.
Take it back. :P

Up until this point, there really hasn't been any viable competition (in user experience)  to the iPad (a friend has Galaxy Tab...it's OK, but is not a workhorse like iPad: battery is annoying, frequent reboots, apps for tab...not here yet). And, honestly, it is far too early to suggest that the mere feature lists of the Xoom or PlayBook (both look very nice) will actually amount to something substantial (Xoom has Android Marketplace, but I am not sure if the PlayBook, with QNX, will blossom or wither). We will see.

Tokei :)

Oh, I wasn't trying to say that the iPad wasn't unmatched before now, or that people don't enjoy it. I was just trying to say that the iPad's honeymoon is over. The Galaxy Tab, although nice, didn't have an Android OS that was optimized for the bigger screen real estate. Android is really just as easy to use as iOS, and if there is a slightly steeper learning curve on Android that's only because it offers the user more options and customization. I've never really bought the "even my 2 year old can use it" argument. That's great, but I'm not a 2 year old; I want to be able to dig deeper into the OS, customize, and just fiddle. I guess that's what I like about Android - if you're just a casual user it's pretty much plug and play, but it also offers the user so much deeper end possibilities. For me, and I would guess many others, USB, SD slots and HDMI are not just mere options; those are deal breakers, particularly USB. I have absolutely no doubt that the iPad/iPad2 will continue to do well, but it's no longer the bee's knees in the tablet market. It's true that the Xoom hasn't been officially released yet, but it's safe to assume that Google has done their homework. The new application fragments not only look cool, but also look like a very practical use of the bigger screen real estate. Honeycomb 3.0 really is a totally new OS and not just an enlarged phone OS. Also, the Xoom is going to be just one of the Honeycomb tablets that will be released this year, though I'm guessing it will certainly be one of the better ones.

Here's a little preview on CNET of Honeycomb on the Xoom for anyone interested: Honeycomb

Graph - Mountain Dew and PCE. TURBO POWER! You got yourself off to a great start. lol
IMG

BlueBMW

More stuff in today.. there is an apparent LACK of obey though :(

I'm not even sure what the two NGPC games are :-k

/lynxlot.jpg
/FXLot.jpg
/NGPlot.jpg

PunkCryborg

Cool Stuff BMW. I played the Lynx when I was a kid and never got one though. I saw a bunch of Lynx games the other day for pretty cheap and was going to pick them up but passed. Are you going to play these? I played kung food. It was um.... interesting....

BlueBMW

Quote from: elabit on 02/09/2011, 10:12 PMCool Stuff BMW. I played the Lynx when I was a kid and never got one though. I saw a bunch of Lynx games the other day for pretty cheap and was going to pick them up but passed. Are you going to play these? I played kung food. It was um.... interesting....
If I can find a system I'll play them.  I feel kind of bad since 9 of those 10 games are sealed, but hey games are meant to be played!

Opethian

chips challenge is fucking legendary! awesome pick!!!!
IMG

JapanTokei

Don Doko Don is absolutely focking fabulously fun in 2 player mode

Quote from: grahf on 02/07/2011, 11:36 AMWell, I said I was back. Here's the proof.  :D
I only planned to pick up a controller. I don't know how I managed to bring all this home.

IMG

I also got one of these, but forgot to take a pic:

JapanTokei

I think it is pretty exciting to see all these new Tablet-driven OSes popping up.  We haven't had this much fun since the OS/2 vs. Windows 3.11 for Workgroup vs. DOS days....

Honeycomb, WebOS, Android, iOS... and who knows whatelse (Win7 for tablets might make it too, but so far looks totally not ready)...

choice is good until standards are needed... and we are definitely in a good spot for choices in the Tablet world!!  Im in the market for one and frankly dont want iPad because ... every damn person in Singapore has a iPhone and play with iPads... gotta be different>> like favoring the TG-16 over the Genesis / SNES in the 90s!!  FOCK YEA!

Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/07/2011, 02:22 PM

Tokei :)

Oh, I wasn't trying to say that the iPad wasn't unmatched before now, or that people don't enjoy it. I was just trying to say that the iPad's honeymoon is over. The Galaxy Tab, although nice, didn't have an Android OS that was optimized for the bigger screen real estate. Android is really just as easy to use as iOS, and if there is a slightly steeper learning curve on Android that's only because it offers the user more options and customization. I've never really bought the "even my 2 year old can use it" argument. That's great, but I'm not a 2 year old; I want to be able to dig deeper into the OS, customize, and just fiddle. I guess that's what I like about Android - if you're just a casual user it's pretty much plug and play, but it also offers the user so much deeper end possibilities. For me, and I would guess many others, USB, SD slots and HDMI are not just mere options; those are deal breakers, particularly USB. I have absolutely no doubt that the iPad/iPad2 will continue to do well, but it's no longer the bee's knees in the tablet market. It's true that the Xoom hasn't been officially released yet, but it's safe to assume that Google has done their homework. The new application fragments not only look cool, but also look like a very practical use of the bigger screen real estate. Honeycomb 3.0 really is a totally new OS and not just an enlarged phone OS. Also, the Xoom is going to be just one of the Honeycomb tablets that will be released this year, though I'm guessing it will certainly be one of the better ones.

Here's a little preview on CNET of Honeycomb on the Xoom for anyone interested: Honeycomb

Graph - Mountain Dew and PCE. TURBO POWER! You got yourself off to a great start. lol

NecroPhile

I found some replacement PSP game cases and an Acemore Freedom 16 wireless joystick in yesterday's mail.  The former will give a couple loosey-gooseys warm cozy homes and the latter is nice and clicky with decent range; unfortunately its throw seems awfully long, but I'll give it a chance to grow on me before giving up and consigning it to a shelf.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Had a few Ghouls in my mailbox this week. :)

/103_0103.jpg

I had to get a colonoscopy today so I didn't get a lot of playtime, but I did manage to play through to the end of Ghouls 'N Ghosts on practice mode.

TheClash603

NES Gargoyles Quest 2 is pretty damn good.

Gameboy original is an absolute classic.

Phades

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/09/2011, 11:18 PM
Quote from: elabit on 02/09/2011, 10:12 PMCool Stuff BMW. I played the Lynx when I was a kid and never got one though. I saw a bunch of Lynx games the other day for pretty cheap and was going to pick them up but passed. Are you going to play these? I played kung food. It was um.... interesting....
If I can find a system I'll play them.  I feel kind of bad since 9 of those 10 games are sealed, but hey games are meant to be played!
There's a local game store in my area that is selling a Lynx, 5 games (I think) and an Atari Lynx branded carrying case for $60. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get you the store's contact info.

Tatsujin

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/11/2011, 07:11 AMNES Gargoyles Quest 2 is pretty damn good.

I have both, gb & fc. great games :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/13/2011, 08:02 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/11/2011, 07:11 AMNES Gargoyles Quest 2 is pretty damn good.

I have both, gb & fc. great games :)
I haven't tried the GB game yet. Sounds like I should. :)

SuperDeadite

Salamander MSX,  Mega Drive Twinkle Tale, Alisia Dragoon, and a badass
Zaxxon LCD game!

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite