@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

Unless that badass Zaxxon LCD game has a huge joystick extention to mount on the "d-pad", the buttons and d-pad are placed the wrong way round.

But a nice hauly :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

I want that Twinkle Tale! Give it to me! :twisted: :P

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/14/2011, 01:44 AMUnless that badass Zaxxon LCD game has a huge joystick extention to mount on the "d-pad", the buttons and d-pad are placed the wrong way round.

But a nice hauly :)
Meh, it controls just fine.  Even has 2 screens stacked to give two "sprite planes", it actually works quite well.
Nice sense of depth considering it's age.  Not a bad attempt to port the arcade. Much better then most of the LCD
crap you find for 100yen :P
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Opethian

I want that Alisia Dragon looks yummy  =P~
IMG

nectarsis

/d04ed6b3-1.jpg
/a06f6e97-1.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Opethian

damn my Dragon Quest VI hasnt even shipped yet and I preordered it in march of last year from amazon lol. also nice Toblerone!
IMG

chany60126

Major League on Blue-Ray. =P~ Nice haul Nec!

nectarsis

Quote from: chany60126 on 02/16/2011, 12:32 AMMajor League on Blue-Ray. =P~ Nice haul Nec!
Had to after we all were talkin about it, for $10 it's a steal ;)

/8cace342.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

JoshTurboTrollX

Big Trouble in Little China.... .Bluray.

DAMN!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/16/2011, 04:41 PMBig Trouble in Little China.... .Bluray.

DAMN!
haha. Yeah, good times. Very nice haul you got there, neccler. :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

dingsbums

One of my favourite Artworks as a Poster
/img1101676x901.jpg

PCE & DC games
/img1103901x676.jpg

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Opethian on 02/16/2011, 12:08 AMdamn my Dragon Quest VI hasnt even shipped yet and I preordered it in march of last year from amazon lol. also nice Toblerone!
I was digging through the thread and saw this. I pre-ordered mine in August 2009 and it shipped yesterday from Amazon. What a pain.
--DragonmasterDan

Opethian

nice W-Ring!! and Alzadick!! I need a spinecard for mine somday :D
IMG

esteban

Quote from: dingsbums on 02/17/2011, 07:09 PMOne of my favourite Artworks as a Poster
/img1101676x901.jpg
Tell me more about this poster. Is this homemade? It looks fantastic.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

dingsbums

The three PCE Games are from Thibaut  :P.
The poster is made from my scanned manual (only 600 dpi - I don't have a better scanner  :? but it looks really good  :D). I went with an online printshop since in our little town are no print shops  #-o. It's B1 format (70 cm x 100cm) on high glossy paper.

SuperDeadite

The MD requested more sexy chicks for Valentine's and I obliged.

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Joe Redifer

Tatsujin

Yeah, and not the cheapest as well.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PunkCryborg

Aww man I love Battle Mania. That is a prime example of how Americans ruined some awesome cover art with "Trouble Shooter"

TheClash603

I just ordered two of the manliest PC-Engine games, Double Dragon II and Ai Cho Aniki.  Even though I am primarily a TG16 guy, I am excited to add these games to my list of 20 or so PC-E games.  Double Dragon II on NES is one of my favorite games on the system, and the PCE appears to have the definitive version.

...however, I also thought I was getting the best version of a game when I ordered PC-E Ninja Gaiden, and that was not as good as the NES.

hoobs88

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/20/2011, 01:49 PM...however, I also thought I was getting the best version of a game when I ordered PC-E Ninja Gaiden, and that was not as good as the NES.
No way! The PCE version of Ninja Gaiden blows away the NES version!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Mathius

Quote from: hoobs88 on 02/20/2011, 01:56 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/20/2011, 01:49 PM...however, I also thought I was getting the best version of a game when I ordered PC-E Ninja Gaiden, and that was not as good as the NES.
Agreed. Except for the music. The NES versions tunes are way better!

TheClash603

Quote from: Mathius on 02/20/2011, 02:05 PM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 02/20/2011, 01:56 PM
Agreed. Except for the music. The NES versions tunes are way better!
The music is exactly what killed the PCE game for me.  Also, the backgrounds were updated, but they were just distracting and sloppy, and took away from the fluidity of the game.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 02/20/2011, 01:53 AMThe MD requested more sexy chicks for Valentine's and I obliged.

IMG
Gaires! One of the best!  =D&gt;

I have to pick a real copy of that game.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Opethian

IMG

esteban

Quote from: dingsbums on 02/19/2011, 12:39 PMThe poster is made from my scanned manual (only 600 dpi - I don't have a better scanner  :? but it looks really good  :D). I went with an online printshop since in our little town are no print shops  #-o. It's B1 format (70 cm x 100cm) on high glossy paper.
Very nice. I figured the poster was homemade--you inspired me to make one of my own :)

Send me Sylphia, OK?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

1980-20..

Just a quick pic of some of the games iv'e managed to pick up. Just in case BlueBm Thought id sold his CoreGrafx to buy smack.  :lol:

/5469015791_bf3f5781ff.jpg

Opethian

ordyne and twinbee fuck yea!!!
IMG

blueraven

G '88 is pure WIN.

Just got a copy of YS3 for the PSP

1980-20..

Some unplayable shite in moon language fuck yea!  :lol:

Out of that lot im realy liking galaga 88, tis teh bomb oh and boxy boy im also liking that.

BlueBMW

Quote from: 1980-20.. on 02/22/2011, 06:07 PMJust a quick pic of some of the games iv'e managed to pick up. Just in case BlueBm Thought id sold his Core Grafix to buy smack.  :lol:
:lol:  Last I checked, its YOUR core grafx now :P  So you can do whatever you please with it.  Although folks around here would probably prefer you play it!  Which it looks like you're doing just that!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

grahf

I picked up a copy of Dracula X yesterday for ¥3880 (a little over $40, I guess). Disk and case is mint,but the manual has a little wrinkle. I can live with that :D

Arkhan Asylum

I got YS I/II for PSP, and am too lazy to photograph it.

also, Radiata Historia.

and hyperdimension neptunafish a few days ago
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

RR1980

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/22/2011, 08:31 PM
Quote from: 1980-20.. on 02/22/2011, 06:07 PMJust a quick pic of some of the games iv'e managed to pick up. Just in case BlueBm Thought id sold his Core Grafix to buy smack.  :lol:
:lol:  Last I checked, its YOUR core grafx now :P  So you can do whatever you please with it.  Although folks around here would probably prefer you play it!  Which it looks like you're doing just that!
haha that core grafx will always be known as "1980's core grafx generously donated by bluebmw" ;-)

turbogrfxfan

got, rtype, bomberman 93, hellfire
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2011, 09:36 PMI got YS I/II for PSP, and am too lazy to photograph it.
Likewise re: Ys Oath in Felghana

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

BlueBMW

Got some goodies in this week.

Round 1 (all bought from people on here!)  A good working TG/CD setup :P  and a non-working US Duo  [-o&lt;

/systemssystems.jpg

Round 2: Now I didn't pay for ANY of this.  This was sent to me out of kindness alone from a very cool dude on here!  Awesome stuff all of it!  (not sure what to think about the lesbian vampire killers.. :lol:)

/sparkytheman.jpg

Mathius

Wow! That sure is a purdy Duo there Beemer. Sure is. :)

Opethian

IMG

henrycsc

Wow BMW, what is that Super Hucard???
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

BlueBMW

Quote from: henrycsc on 02/24/2011, 11:01 PMWow BMW, what is that Super Hucard???
:lol:  Not what you'd think :P  Just a compilation CDr with a custom made label it looks like.  Still cool!

NecroPhile

Nice haul, bimmer, especially the extra huey slips.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turbokon

Quote from: Opethian on 02/24/2011, 10:49 PMthats one Monty Haul beamer!
Quote from: Opethian on 02/24/2011, 10:49 PMthats one Monty Haul beamer!
Yeah, I'm so freakin jealous. I'm on the haunt for a turbogarfx cd, coregrafx and possibly a duo-r myself.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Sparky

Looks like the mail man has come to us all :) in the mail today from a swell guy on this forum... 2 wavebird controllers and Animal Crossing!! (we still have to talk about payment there beamer) :)
The rest from a local guy i know.

IMG

chany60126

I got two T-16 controllers that are rarely mentioned around here. The one on the left is the Acemore Superstick and the one on the right is the Beeshu Ultimate Joystick. Gotta love the life saving slow function on the beeshu stick (It says so on the box).  :lol:

IMG

chany60126

I also got a CIBler New Adventure Island and a Neo Geo Pocket Shock N Rock. It's a neat accesory that gives the NGPC a rumble feature, and it also acts as a portable battery and has external speakers.

IMG

DragonmasterDan

I haven't put one up in a while so here's my weekend haul.

IMG
--DragonmasterDan

Opethian

el viento fuck yea! this is what I ammassed over the week:

IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Chany: what's up with that banded New Adventure Island box?  Is that strips of cellophane tape?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!