OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Limited Run Games

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/03/2016, 04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gypsy

Yeah I enjoyed Oneechanbara enough so I figured why not.

Gypsy

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/03/2017, 02:11 PMPrepare your anuses gentlemen.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/848958282840526848
Here is hoping the vita will be ps tv compatible and for a pre-order release to demand not blind free for all.

Medic_wheat

So they have three PS4/vita announcements today hourally. The first has been announced. What could the later two be?

Gypsy

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 04/03/2017, 02:41 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 04/03/2017, 02:11 PMPrepare your anuses gentlemen.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/848958282840526848
Here is hoping the vita will be ps tv compatible and for a pre-order release to demand not blind free for all.
Bahahahahahahahaha. Nice thought but these tossers won't do that. It would make too much sense and be too consumer friendly.

Medic_wheat

As they claim. It's up to the developer to say is a pre order is to happen.

However, with how the pre Oder for the suds game and fighter went I don't think they want to bother with more pre-orders. The general public who pre Oder shit can't seem to show patience and instead become whiny when they feel cheated for not having the products they paid for in hand as a form of instant gratification.

NecroPhile

Woo-hoo!  I'm happy they're doing 'em and not just the PS4 version; I just hope it's pre-orders or made in sufficient quantities so I can get one before the scalpers get 'em all.  [-o<
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2017, 03:13 PMWoo-hoo!  I'm happy they're doing 'em and not just the PS4 version; I just hope it's pre-orders or made in sufficient quantities so I can get one before the scalpers get 'em all.  [-o<
I'll be trying to swipe extras for friendly forum people that miss out, so lmk if you miss out.

bartre

Well they announced Risk of Rain for PS4 and Vita.
I'm honestly pretty excited for that one, it's a fun little game.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 04/03/2017, 03:49 PMWell they announced Risk of Rain for PS4 and Vita.
Don't forget later this month Darius will also be released.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 04/03/2017, 04:29 PM
Quote from: bartre on 04/03/2017, 03:49 PMWell they announced Risk of Rain for PS4 and Vita.

as to Ys, at least there's the asian version
Don't forget later this month Darius will also be released.
Yeah, they released a picture of the LE package recently: https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/848722251377717249
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bartre

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2017, 05:15 PMYeah, they released a picture of the LE package recently:
That's..... pretty goddamned lame.
also someone posted their pricing/quantity information.
$99.99, 2000 total copies.

I'm really not sure I care at all about this release

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 04/03/2017, 07:24 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/03/2017, 05:15 PMYeah, they released a picture of the LE package recently:

Luckily we can always opt for the Asian release.

Also. Either versions has all the DLC included (Other posters claim it is due to licensing issues for what ever reason). Makes the physical release (either version) kind of lame if it isn't all inclusive.

Gypsy

Quote from: bartre on 04/03/2017, 07:24 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/03/2017, 05:15 PMYeah, they released a picture of the LE package recently: https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/848722251377717249

I don't care about the LE, but I will grab the standard.

geise

I'll be honest.  I hate this Limited Run shit.  I hope you get one necro.  Ys is not a game that should be released in Limited Run fashion.  The fact most have to sit at their computer screen hitting F5 or reload on their phone to get a game is sad.  "but it's limited run!"  I also paid way less than what they want and have a soundtrack cd and artbook...straight from Falcom themselves.

bartre

Quote from: geise on 04/04/2017, 09:13 AMI'll be honest.  I hate this Limited Run shit.  I hope you get one necro.  Ys is not a game that should be released in Limited Run fashion.  The fact most have to sit at their computer screen hitting F5 or reload on their phone to get a game is sad.  "but it's limited run!"  I also paid way less than what they want and have a soundtrack cd and artbook...straight from Falcom themselves.
yeah, I really wish they would just do preorder stuff like they did with skullgirls

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 04/04/2017, 04:05 PM
Quote from: geise on 04/04/2017, 09:13 AMI'll be honest.  I hate this Limited Run shit.  I hope you get one necro.  Ys is not a game that should be released in Limited Run fashion.  The fact most have to sit at their computer screen hitting F5 or reload on their phone to get a game is sad.  "but it's limited run!"  I also paid way less than what they want and have a soundtrack cd and artbook...straight from Falcom themselves.
yeah, I really wish they would just do preorder stuff like they did with skullgirls
I can't help but feel that because the majority of those who preordered are incapable of showing paticmace and demanding their game or a refund on twitter and such. They won't be very inclined to do more pre orders due to cisterns acting like two year olds.

glazball

With as much bullshit that seems to spew from developers for almost every work in progress, I hope Limited Run never does another pre-order again.  I'm a very patient person, but I hate being strung along indefinitely.

Did anyone here pick up Pang Adventures?  I'm kinda surprised it hasn't gotten more public love on the forums!  I admit I'm a bit rusty but really looking forward to it.  And Astebreed of course - that game looks incredible.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

ParanoiaDragon

I thought about getting Pang.  I even noticed it was available hours later after the 2nd run on friday.  If it was on Vita, I would've gotten it.  I think part of my reasoning is to save space, as I have a severe space problem with collecting games.
IMG

NecroPhile

I too would've went for Pang if it was on Vita.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: glazball on 04/04/2017, 05:40 PMWith as much bullshit that seems to spew from developers for almost every work in progress, I hope Limited Run never does another pre-order again.  I'm a very patient person, but I hate being strung along indefinitely.

Did anyone here pick up Pang Adventures?  I'm kinda surprised it hasn't gotten more public love on the forums!  I admit I'm a bit rusty but really looking forward to it.  And Astebreed of course - that game looks incredible.
I didn't like the style/design of the game. With that said I felt the game itself would be no differ t then if I played a older iteration of it. So I passed.

glazball

Yea, Pang Adventures does seem to be a perfect fit for Vita over PS4.  Twas a very weird decision not to release it on Vita.

Medic_wheat

I went ahead and picked up flinthook. Looked like a fun arcade like platformer.

Now I wait for Darius. Not really sold on Ys. Only because I am not as big a fan as other probably are.

Warbucks

I was able to scoop up a Ray Gigant for Vita :)

Psycho Punch

Only reason I didn't get Pang Adventures is the art style, it looks like a cheap mobile game and it's quite unappealing to me. I'll probably get a digital copy someday though.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Medic_wheat

Not to derail my own thread but

Anyone aware of other companies like "iam8bit" releasing physical copies of games (previously digital only) you'd recommend?

I just found out that Hyper light drifter is being released for the PS4 on iam8bit and can be pre-ordered now.

Which of course I pre-ordered. Seeing how I kickstarter it, it only made sense.

ParanoiaDragon

Picked up both Ray Gigant & Flinthook.
IMG

glazball

@Punch - I've been playing Pang Adventures and it's a blast.  No worries!

@Medic_wheat - Here's a thread I found on cheapassgamer that seems pretty up to date.  A list of all smaller and obscure physically released games.  The list includes PS4, Vita, Wii U, XBone.  Some of them did not get a NA release but are not region locked.  It's a pretty handy list.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/357745-smallerobscurelimited-physical-release-deals-and-discussion-thread/page-1

Medic_wheat

Quote from: glazball on 04/15/2017, 11:53 AM@Punch - I've been playing Pang Adventures and it's a blast.  No worries!

@Medic_wheat - Here's a thread I found on cheapassgamer that seems pretty up to date.  A list of all smaller and obscure physically released games.  The list includes PS4, Vita, Wii U, XBone.  Some of them did not get a NA release but are not region locked.  It's a pretty handy list.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/357745-smallerobscurelimited-physical-release-deals-and-discussion-thread/page-1
Neat I'll check it out. Off I though the WiiU was region locked. Granted I should probably look at the list first.

Medic_wheat

Looking at the list I didn't know Zombie Army Trilogy was a limited release. I picked it up awhile back used at GS.

schweaty

Mad stupid retarded props to Necro.  He is a man of his word.  He locked down an extra copy of Astebreed for me and it arrived today.  Stoked.

glazball

Very cool!  Schweaty, would you say you're a Necro-philiac?

Strider77

I got Ass2Breed on the PS4 also. Found it really.....       boring.

Slash, slash, slash, slash......     dash, slash, slash, slash.

I'll give it some more attention but so far pretty let down. Seems all flash and no substance so far.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 04/21/2017, 11:34 AMI got Ass2Breed on the PS4 also. Found it really.....       boring.

Slash, slash, slash, slash......     dash, slash, slash, slash.

I'll give it some more attention but so far pretty let down. Seems all flash and no substance so far.
Same here. But I am more willing to gamble on a shooter then I am on most other Indy games.

Saw some live twitch play of Flinthook yesterday and I feel I made a good pickup with it.

schweaty

Considering dariusburst but goddamn $60 feels like a ton of money.  Especially when I'm getting AAA titles for 35 or less a few months after they are released. I would pay $40, but I wouldn't be happy about it.   

Medic_wheat

Quote from: schweaty on 04/21/2017, 06:02 PMConsidering dariusburst but goddamn $60 feels like a ton of money.  Especially when I'm getting AAA titles for 35 or less a few months after they are released. I would pay $40, but I wouldn't be happy about it.   
They say it's due to contract the price is set by the oubsliher.

Honestly $60 is okay wth me. IF it had all the DLC included.

By no from my understanding you'd have to buy it separately.

Gypsy

I paid retail for the Japanese version and didn't regret it. Has a lot of depth for a shootun. If you don't want to be in the rat race, Japanese copies are pretty plentiful (and should be less than $60 now if you know where to look).

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/22/2017, 01:18 PMI paid retail for the Japanese version and didn't regret it. Has a lot of depth for a shootun. If you don't want to be in the rat race, Japanese copies are pretty plentiful (and should be less than $60 now if you know where to look).
I hear the vita copy works on the is tv. No local co op.

Gypsy

It does, that's how I played it.

nectarsis

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/22/2017, 01:18 PMI paid retail for the Japanese version and didn't regret it. Has a lot of depth for a shootun. If you don't want to be in the rat race, Japanese copies are pretty plentiful (and should be less than $60 now if you know where to look).
I preordered the vita LE, and the PS4 LE and regret NOTHING lol.  Though I'm still waiting on the PS4 version to arrive the vita version is easily one of the best games on the system.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

TR0N

That's what did i recently,imported the japanese version of daruisburst.I was gonna wait for the LRG release but i didn't feel like going through the trouble to order from them.Beside comparing prices for what LRG was selling it wasn't any cheaper at all.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gypsy

Quote from: TR0N on 04/23/2017, 02:50 AM
That's what did i recently,imported the japanese version of daruisburst.I was gonna wait for the LRG release but i didn't feel like going through the trouble to order from them.Beside comparing prices for what LRG was selling it wasn't any cheaper at all.
I checked my PA invoice, it was only $50. So cheaper than LRG heh.

When I bought it, I don't even think it was being speculated for LRG release, but I could be wrong.

TR0N

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/23/2017, 09:02 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 04/23/2017, 02:50 AM
I checked my PA invoice, it was only $50. So cheaper than LRG heh.

When I bought it, I don't even think it was being speculated for LRG release, but I could be wrong.
LRG wants 59.99 for there release sigh so yeah buying the jpn version from play-asia is cheaper.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

schweaty

Is it confirmed that the vita version of dariusburst works on pstv?  I'm much more likely to go that route

Gypsy

Quote from: schweaty on 04/24/2017, 09:05 AMIs it confirmed that the vita version of dariusburst works on pstv?  I'm much more likely to go that route
Quote from: Gypsy on 04/22/2017, 06:14 PMIt does, that's how I played it.
^_^

schweaty

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/24/2017, 09:06 AM
Quote from: schweaty on 04/24/2017, 09:05 AMIs it confirmed that the vita version of dariusburst works on pstv?  I'm much more likely to go that route
Quote from: Gypsy on 04/22/2017, 06:14 PMIt does, that's how I played it.
^_^
Thanks!  Was going to pass, now looking into my first play-asia order ever.  Hope this doesn't suck

schweaty

And I'm out again.  The ps tv version is more expensive than the ps4 version with LESS features.  This is retarded

Gypsy

Even though you didn't order, I will say ordering on PA is very easy (but you generally pay for it with higher prices). And yeah they jacked up the price of the Vita version. It's cheaper on Amazon Japan, much cheaper.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: schweaty on 04/24/2017, 09:17 AMAnd I'm out again.  The ps tv version is more expensive than the ps4 version with LESS features.  This is retarded
I plan on attempting for the limited run vita game. I think the only feature missing between the vita and PS4 is local co op.

Medic_wheat

Well everyone is talking about it. Retweeting it and reporting on it.

Night Trap is getting a 25 year anniversary limits drun PS4 physical release.

Remastered video transfer from a VHS copy of the video

A special bonus documentary by the YouTube channel My Life in Gaming (apparently through happenstance of living five minutes away from the guy who is doing the PS4 port.

Mike Matale, Game Sack, Destructroid and a who's who and video game media/news/personalities are buzzing about it.

http://www.screamingvillains.com

You can even download the night trap song for free of the official website. I can't on my phone other then play it off the web page.

I must say I am both surprised and interested. I thought my 32X copy would be the best however this new port has me ready to throw money at the screen.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any plans for a pre order to meet demand so what ever print run there is will be a blood bath. With this much media attention it will be hard to get a copy.

With that said this is still a pleasant announcement.