@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MissaFX

IMG
32 dollars with shipping and I just need to plug some cheap ram back into it

640 x 480 up to 24-bit
832 x 624 up to 24-bit
1024 x 768 (at 75 Hz) up to 24-bit
1152 x 870 up to 24-bit
 :shock: :shock: :shock:
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

albinoMithos

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 10/15/2008, 03:18 PM20 minutes later after checking the mail...

Gundam Wing: Endless Duel arrives at my place

IMG
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Awesome buy!!!

NecroPhile

Quote from: MissaFX on 10/15/2008, 05:26 PM32 dollars with shipping and I just need to plug some cheap ram back into it
Is that an old mac nubus video card?  What sort of memory does it take?  Whatever it is, it sure is long; reminds me of the long ass EISA SCSI board laying about here somewhere.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MissaFX

Quote from: guest on 10/15/2008, 06:11 PM
Quote from: MissaFX on 10/15/2008, 05:26 PM32 dollars with shipping and I just need to plug some cheap ram back into it
Is that an old mac nubus video card?  What sort of memory does it take?  Whatever it is, it sure is long; reminds me of the long ass EISA SCSI board laying about here somewhere.
Not just an old mac nubus card, but the 2nd or 3rd best.  It takes 30 pin simms.  The max memory it can handle is 2 or 4 megs.  I just hope it works.  There are boards a step to three which sit for sale at 60-80+shipping on ebay.  This person labeled it strangely though and I snagged it within 4 hours of it going up on auction.  I don't think the seller fully knows what it is.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

JoshTurboTrollX

lol, do all PS3 exclusives say "Only on PS3" now?  you can always tell which systems are getting desperate for sales when they do this...
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

It's "Only on Playstation".  I see you have failed to notice the "Only on Xbox" on said games as well (though most "exclusives" also have PC versions).  Can't even remember the last time I turned on my Xbox 360.  I've even turned on my freakin' Wii more recently, and that system is a piece of crap!  Oh, and I've turned on my regular Xbox more recently as well.  God may hate the PS3, but I don't believe in god.

Ceti Alpha

Let the next gen wars rage on!!!  IMG

But seriously, have we not learned anything from WW16-bit? Can't we all just get along?  :P
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

we maybe learned, but they didn't.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 10/15/2008, 08:10 PMlol, do all PS3 exclusives say "Only on PS3" now?  you can always tell which systems are getting desperate for sales when they do this...
errr all the companies slap that crap on their exclusive boxes... lol

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/15/2008, 08:45 PMLet the next gen wars rage on!!!  IMG

But seriously, have we not learned anything from WW16-bit? Can't we all just get along?  :P
That's why I bought all three systems!  Only people who are too poor can't afford all three and therefore feel the need to bash the other systems.  It is usually Xbox 360 owners who do the bashing, probably to justify that they've gone through 4 or 5 360's.  I'm still on my first 360, though.

NecroPhile

Quote from: MissaFX on 10/15/2008, 07:42 PMNot just an old mac nubus card, but the 2nd or 3rd best.  It takes 30 pin simms.  The max memory it can handle is 2 or 4 megs.  I just hope it works.  There are boards a step to three which sit for sale at 60-80+shipping on ebay.  This person labeled it strangely though and I snagged it within 4 hours of it going up on auction.  I don't think the seller fully knows what it is.
Sounds cool; have fun with your vintage mac.  8)

DJLobo

Bought 3 movies. Enter the Dragon & A Clockwork Orange on Blu-Ray (2 for $35 at Best Buy) and Ladies & Gentlemen The Fabulous Stains.

Earlier in the week, I had to buy a new set of tires for my car. All of them were worn especially the right front tire. I've had my car for over 8 years and those were the original tires. I live close to where I work, so I don't put a lot of miles on my car.

This past month I bought myself a trip to the E.R. and right wrist surgery cause I thought it would be a smart idea to play with my buddy's dog while walking backwards holding a bottle of rum I had just bought from the liquor store.  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Tripped on a curb and planted the bottle right on some concrete. Cut up my right wrist pretty bad. Had surgery to fix some torn cartilage and to reattach the ulnar nerve.

Sadly, the bottle of rum was lost and no, I was sober at the time.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/15/2008, 08:15 PMIt's "Only on Playstation".  I see you have failed to notice the "Only on Xbox" on said games as well (though most "exclusives" also have PC versions).  Can't even remember the last time I turned on my Xbox 360.  I've even turned on my freakin' Wii more recently, and that system is a piece of crap!  Oh, and I've turned on my regular Xbox more recently as well.  God may hate the PS3, but I don't believe in god.
I wasn't intending to rip on sony, I was just making a general statement.  The Saturn games (towards the end) all said Sega Exclusive, The GameCube and Xbox all had theire respective (only for) tags.  This would be the first time Sony has tried this right?  I mean with the ps one and two they were firmly in first place.  I'm not sure but does the Wii have that on their boxes too? 

As for which systems you power on, I'm in the same boat.  I bet its been weeks since I played the 360, but the wife n' kids like their share of Feeding Frenzy 2, Rock Band, and other random plastic guitar games...lol

Kind of wish I had a PS3, but I am far too poor for one of those gamin' consoles of the future, I almost feel as left out as all the cool kids with 3Do's back in the mid 90's when all I had was a SNES and a Duo....

I mostly play my original Xbox, and on Wii- Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit! yay!  the 360 can rot in hell for all I care :D  except for N+ and Braid, those games are pretty awesome
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

I'd love Braid if it were more platformy and less puzzly.

hoobs88

Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure Super CD for Turbo Duo

Guitar Freaks  =; DrumMania Masterpiece Silver   =D&gt; for Japanese PS2.

IMG
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/17/2008, 04:08 AMI'd love Braid if it were more platformy and less puzzly and longer.
fixed...

NecroPhile

Quote from: hoobs88 on 10/17/2008, 10:19 AMBonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure Super CD for Turbo Duo
Yummy - that's my favorite of the series.  Hope you got a good deal on it.

guyjin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/13/2008, 07:52 PMIMG
Hold on to that for dear life, joe: it just became SUPER RARE!

http://slog.thestranger.com/2008/10/offense_alert

QuoteSony announced today that they've begun a worldwide recall of their fall blockbuster game LittleBigPlanet. This "platformer 2.0" game, loaded with tons of user-made content and Pixar-esque art design, was set to hit stores one week from today—and is sitting in a lot of stores right now—but they'll all have to come back to Sony while new discs are made.

Reason? A song by the Mali group Toumani Diabate's Symmetrical Orchestra is in the game, and its lyrics contain lines from the Qu'ran. In spite of the same song seeing release by Nonesuch Records in 2006 with no complaints, Sony has chosen to recall all discs to stop this song from reaching our ears. Apparently the transfer of a Qu'ran-quoting song from a CD to a video game crosses an ironclad line in Islam. You know, the one that was created when Muhammad first went to that cave with a Game Boy in hand.

Or maybe Sony was concerned about the content of the quotes getting into the game, which translate to "Every soul shall have the taste of death" and "All that is on Earth will perish." Because if it's sung in Arabic, it must be a threat, rather than a contemplation on an eventual downfall and rebirth of all life. Good thing Sony took aggressive recall action before our PlayStation 3s became tools of Islam. Thanks, culture of fear!

nectarsis

/100_0941.jpg

The Kickball via Sparky, the Hori stick from awack via Ebay :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guyjinHold on to that for dear life, joe: it just became SUPER RARE!
No kidding!  I should have left it shrink wrapped... but then again how could I prove it was the über r@re uncensored version if it was shrinkwrapped?  Oh well.  I am thinking about recording that particular song from my PS3 as I imagine they'll auto-patch all leaked discs that connect to the internet.  It's not a particularly great song, but it sure isn't offensive!  My religion is offended when the word "love" is used in a song.  I demand everyone cater to my pathetic needs!

rag-time4

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/17/2008, 10:23 PM
Quote from: guyjinHold on to that for dear life, joe: it just became SUPER RARE!
No kidding!  I should have left it shrink wrapped... but then again how could I prove it was the über r@re uncensored version if it was shrinkwrapped?  Oh well.  I am thinking about recording that particular song from my PS3 as I imagine they'll auto-patch all leaked discs that connect to the internet.  It's not a particularly great song, but it sure isn't offensive!  My religion is offended when the word "love" is used in a song.  I demand everyone cater to my pathetic needs!
Joe are you sure that it's Muslims that are offended? As Guyjin pointed out, it's possible that it was removed because of fear of Islam, rather than fear of offending Muslims.

Joe Redifer

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: nectarsis on 10/17/2008, 08:17 PM/nectarsis/100_0941.jpg

The Kickball via Sparky, the Hori stick from awack via Ebay :)
Nice!

That Hori stick, that motherfucker is heavy isn't it?

TR0N

Snk vs Capcom Chaos kit for NeoGeo MVS
/SvsCkit.png

Turbografx 16+CD Attachment
IMG

The TG16+CD attachment i got through chop5 in a trade deal  :mrgreen: Btw he even put in a region switch as well and it works good so far.

This isn't the first time i've owned one either i'm glad i finally got one again.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

a 2nd jap. SMS for $10:
/haul081019ow1.jpg

in aggschon:
/smsjapdl4.jpg

:)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

MissaFX

A 30/72 pin ram tester for 1 dollar on ebay. :dance:
/44d5_1.JPG

$1,895.08 retail
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/72-6242

WoodyXP

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/19/2008, 08:08 AMa 2nd jap. SMS for $10:
That's awesome.  What price do they usually go for where you're at?  I've only found one at a
recycle store and they had it on sale for $300, then cut it down to $160... way too much, IMO.
I think they're on crack.
"I bathe in AES carts."

Tatsujin

Quote from: WoodyXP on 10/20/2008, 05:30 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/19/2008, 08:08 AMa 2nd jap. SMS for $10:
That's awesome.  What price do they usually go for where you're at?  I've only found one at a
recycle store and they had it on sale for $300, then cut it down to $160... way too much, IMO.
I think they're on crack.
yeah..at akiba a boxed/used (never seen one in mint con. thought) usually goes for about $120 ~160. my first one i found (boxed complete) was in a very old recycle store and they didn't had any clue about it. so got it also for 10 bucks.
this time i found it in a hard off store, also for 10 bucks, but just the lose device. anyway, it's just perfect to hook it up to the set permanently for a daily fast play :)

WoodyXP

Those prices are nasty.. I guess the system is rare or something.  Your score was legendary.. even better than my Supergrafx for $50, IMO.  I guess I'll be stuck with my Mega Adapter.. I'm not paying those lunatic prices.  :evil:
"I bathe in AES carts."

guyjin

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/19/2008, 08:08 AMa 2nd jap. SMS for $10

this time i found it in a hard off store, also for 10 bucks, but just the lose device. anyway, it's just perfect to hook it up to the set permanently for a daily fast play :)
Why wasn't your other SMS hooked up permanently?  [-(

hoobs88

NEC Laseractive System PDE-LD1 model with PC Engine Pac module N-1

IMG

This baby is so large that I couldn't photograph the entire thing!

IMG

Laseractive control pad.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

NecroPhile

Quote from: hoobs88 on 10/20/2008, 10:14 AMNEC Laseractive System PDE-L1 model with PC Engine Pac module N-1
Oooh, you lucky bastard.  =P~

MissaFX

Quote from: hoobs88 on 10/20/2008, 10:14 AMNEC Laseractive System PDE-L1 model with PC Engine Pac module N-1
Laseractive control pad.
Ooooohhh Laseractive :mrgreen:  Enjoy!

guyjin

nectarsis

/nectarsis/100_0942-1.jpg
/nectarsis/100_0943-1.jpg

All the above for $34 SHIPPED  :dance: :dance:

/nectarsis/100_0944-1.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

gundarN

I recently purchased a Japanese Nintendo 64 in order to enjoy the games in their original 60Hz goodness (I'm from the UK where everything used to be crippled by 50Hz PAL releases).
IMG
I've put together a nice collection including Wave Race (one of the greatest games made).
It was a little time after this that I realised there was a Japanese re-release of the game with Rumble Pak support, so I finally got my copy of that delivered today.
IMG
It's important to play Wave Race in the best way possible.

Tatsujin

wow..great. wasn't aware, that there was also a US releasee of that monster!! :shock:

@güy: because it was way to beautiful to hook it up permanently :oops:

MissaFX

Princess Maker 1 from Rover

i20.ebayimg .com/01/i/001/13/f1/bc7c_1.JPG

Tatsujin

Joe Redifer

Where you able to manufacture a princess?

MissaFX

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/21/2008, 02:02 AMWhere you able to manufacture a princess?
I own 2 and whatever is on the ps1..3 or 4 and I have only been able to get a princess in 2, and that was with a little help from foreign students and later gamefaq help.  Princess Maker 2 was like my The Sims when I was growing up (a virtual doll house).  The newspaper here locally even covered the Princess Maker 2 English release news when that came out.

rolins

Got these off ebay, MV-1C and Metal Slug X. I got the board for about $60 and the Metal Slug X for $22...I think those are good prices. I'm surprised how compact the MV-1C is I really thought this would be bigger. This actually a first for me, I've never owned anything Neo Geo except their joysticks. Very exciting to have something new to play with. The only downside is I can't play it, I'm still waiting for my supergun to arrive. :(

/metalslugxqm2.jpg

Arkhan Asylum

Lol nec, I thought that said Power Tools 2 and i was like WTF?!

>_O

I just bought Princess Debut for DS.

TR0N

Quote from: rolins on 10/22/2008, 05:02 AMGot these off ebay, MV-1C and Metal Slug X. I got the board for about $60 and the Metal Slug X for $22...I think those are good prices. I'm surprised how compact the MV-1C is I really thought this would be bigger. This actually a first for me, I've never owned anything Neo Geo except their joysticks. Very exciting to have something new to play with. The only downside is I can't play it, I'm still waiting for my supergun to arrive. :(

/metalslugxqm2.jpg
Congrats gonna consolized the MV-1C or run it through a supergun ?

For that matter have a jamma cab for it ?
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

rolins

Quote from: TR0N on 10/22/2008, 11:29 PM
Quote from: rolins on 10/22/2008, 05:02 AMGot these off ebay, MV-1C and Metal Slug X. I got the board for about $60 and the Metal Slug X for $22...I think those are good prices. I'm surprised how compact the MV-1C is I really thought this would be bigger. This actually a first for me, I've never owned anything Neo Geo except their joysticks. Very exciting to have something new to play with. The only downside is I can't play it, I'm still waiting for my supergun to arrive. :(

/metalslugxqm2.jpg
Congrats gonna consolized the MV-1C or run it through a supergun ?

For that matter have a jamma cab for it ?
I don't think my skills are good enough to consolize this. I can solder and easily do the internal wiring, but building a nice case would be problem since I don't have the tools. Don't got a jamma cab either, really takes up to much space which I can't spare, I'm in a 10x12 sq ft bedroom. Nope, I gonna hook it up to a supergun which should be coming in the mail soon. (I'm crossing my fingers that it'll arrive tomorrow...I hope.) I paid $36 for the supergun I know that's a great deal. The cost is so low because it has no video encoder, just RGB through scart connector and I have a XRGB-2 that will be perfect for it.

Kozo sent me two awesome shooters which came in the mail today.
/vaxolpegusset2.jpg

rolins

The one I've been waiting for a long time has finally arrived. It's a little tattered on the top cover, but oh well. Everything else is in good condition plus I didn't break the bank on this. I almost feel a tiny bit sad for the seller that he sold it to me at low price.

/snatcher1uw8.jpg
/snatcher2jh6.jpg

Tatsujin

PCEngineHell

In between smelling the sea salts at my ocean side condo on the east coast, and working at McDonalds and Taco Bell, my broke ass picked up:
CLD-2080 LD player
IMG
Dawn of the Dead widescreen extended cut on laserdisc and The Fog on DVD
IMG

Paid for and waiting to arrive----
Aldynes-Supergrafx
Granzort-Supergrafx
Operation Wolf-PCE

Robocop Criterion CAV Laserdisc
Assault on Precinct 13 widescreen Laserdisc
Hellraiser widescreen Laserdisc
Hellraiser 2 Special Edition widescreen Laserdisc

Ceti Alpha

Nice scores Mike!!  =D&gt;

That DOTD Director's Cut is the Dario Argento cut, right? The one that has all the "comedic" scenes taken out, along with some new songs on the soundtrack? I honestly don't think I've seen that yet.  :oops:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"