@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Quote from: PC-ENGINE HELL on 10/24/2008, 09:09 AMIn between smelling the sea salts at my ocean side condo on the east coast, and working at McDonalds and Taco Bell, my broke ass picked up:
CLD-2080 LD player
If you weren't living in a van down by the river, you'd be buying Blu-ray.  :roll:

Quote from: PC-ENGINE HELL on 10/24/2008, 09:09 AMHellraiser widescreen Laserdisc
Hellraiser 2 Special Edition widescreen Laserdisc
Awesome.  No tears please; it's a waste of good suffering.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MissaFX

My October risingstuff:
That loose saturn game and Square/Enix booklet were free :mrgreen:
/octoberstuffao8.jpg
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

PCEngineHell

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/24/2008, 01:14 PMNice scores Mike!!  =D>

That DOTD Director's Cut is the Dario Argento cut, right? The one that has all the "comedic" scenes taken out, along with some new songs on the soundtrack? I honestly don't think I've seen that yet.  :oops:
Its the extended cut from the 1978 Cannes Film Festival showing that Romero put together before it was released in theaters. The theater cut is actually the directors cut according to Romero. They (Anchor Bay, Elite, everyone else) used to refer to the extended cut by calling it the director cut back in the 90's. Honestly don't know why??? Maybe they just assumed every time you added extra footage back in it qualifies as a Dir. cut perhaps, or felt applying that label would help sales?

Yea NecroPhile, I love the first 2 Hellraisers. The fourth one is pretty nice too, so I need to nab it also. I'm borderline on 3 as I wasn't too hot one some of the direction it took.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: PC-ENGINE HELL on 10/24/2008, 03:19 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/24/2008, 01:14 PMNice scores Mike!!  =D>

That DOTD Director's Cut is the Dario Argento cut, right? The one that has all the "comedic" scenes taken out, along with some new songs on the soundtrack? I honestly don't think I've seen that yet.  :oops:
Its the extended cut from the 1978 Cannes Film Festival showing that Romero put together before it was released in theaters. The theater cut is actually the directors cut according to Romero. They (Anchor Bay, Elite, everyone else) used to refer to the extended cut by calling it the director cut back in the 90's. Honestly don't know why??? Maybe they just assumed every time you added extra footage back in it qualifies as a Dir. cut perhaps, or felt applying that label would help sales?
Ahhhh. The same thing happened when they released the Star Trek II Director's Cut DVD, with added scenes. Nick Meyer, the Director, calls its theatrical release the Director's Cut for the same reason as Romero stated above, since it was the one that was shown in theaters. The added scenes, or different takes, were actually shown on TV during the 80s. I guess adding those scenes filled the time in the television slot better, or something.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

gundarN

You can never punch and kick enough people:
IMG

rolins

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/24/2008, 07:16 AM/ketsuiajdhg5.jpg

:P
Ketsui was ported to the DS? Is there a tate mode on there? Ketsui is also making it to the xbox360 in japanese. Def the only recent game I'm excited about getting.

ooPo

Thanks to the wonderful folks at risingstuff.com, I finally have one of these:
IMG

Which means I can finally play games on my projector that hates 240p:
IMG

A hundred inches of screen and every damn pixel and scanline is visible and lag free. I love it. :)

Ceti Alpha

IMG

TR0N

Ohh nice oopo the xrgb+ up scan converter is hard to come by.

Some times i wish i could get a hold of one.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Arkhan Asylum

Stop buyin all the dang yuna stuff!

Tired of people buying my girlfriend like that...

>_<
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

Might want to adjust the color on your projector there.

By the way, I think Streets of Rage 2's box art beats out the Japanese version's for sure!

Tatsujin

lol missa. catched the very same yuna game (teh A4 folder) today :mrgreen:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

gundarN

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/25/2008, 02:08 AMBy the way, I think Streets of Rage 2's box art beats out the Japanese version's for sure!
It is kinda shite by Japanese standards.
Got my Jap Hellfire and Yuke Yuke Trouble makers today too.

rolins

Quote from: ooPo on 10/24/2008, 09:37 PMThanks to the wonderful folks at risingstuff.com, I finally have one of these:
http://moblog.oopo.net/media/Dan%20Peori/.small/1224874369.jpg.JPG

Which means I can finally play games on my projector that hates 240p:
http://moblog.oopo.net/media/Dan%20Peori/1224889244.jpg

A hundred inches of screen and every damn pixel and scanline is visible and lag free. I love it. :)
Great buy. You might want to look into modifying it to accept scart instead of jp21 RGB cables. Scart cables are easier to find for your consoles and definitely cheaper than the japanese counterparts. I have the non-plus 2 model that's modded for scart, and it's the most important piece in my video game setup.

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

MissaFX

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/26/2008, 08:23 AM*bigassimagehere*
Hey!  You stole my Yuna game!

Isn't the package lovely?
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

Ninja Spirit

Next on deck on the mail list:
PC Engine Gradius II and Ghost Sweeper Mikami via Nectarsis

WoodyXP

/img2228zo7.jpg

I got a good little score today..  snagged a NGPC, with Samsho 2, KOF R-2 and Sonic.
Got World Heroes 2 Jet for Neo CD and Double Dragon II for PCE.  8)

I love the NGPC.. wish I would have checked this thing out earlier.
"I bathe in AES carts."

jboypacman

I picked up a copy of Penny Racers Party for the Nintendo Wii. :D

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: WoodyXP on 10/26/2008, 02:28 PM/img2228zo7.jpg

I got a good little score today..  snagged a NGPC, with Samsho 2, KOF R-2 and Sonic.
Got World Heroes 2 Jet for Neo CD and Double Dragon II for PCE.  8)

I love the NGPC.. wish I would have checked this thing out earlier.
That lot of stuff is drool worthy. Therefore, I shall commence teh drooling.  =P~ =P~
IMG

Zeon

Actually got this stuff yesterday, but i didn't have a way of transferring pics from my cell phone to my pc until today. Oh and if anyone is wondering why I picked up Troy Aikman Football for genny, it's for hacking/experimenting purposes(and it was free to boot, along with the n64 transfer pak and 2 ps2 extension cables!) 

IMG
IMG
IMG

WoodyXP

That Genesis Arcade Stick is BOSS.  I love those sticks.  8)
"I bathe in AES carts."

Tatsujin

mobiusclimber

Yesterday I met someone in the mall to buy some stuff (I found them thru Craigslist). I got Silent Hill, Legend of Legaia, Dragon Warrior VII, Parasite Eve and Dragon Quest VIII for $80. While I was at the mall, I noticed GameStop had a buy 2 get 1 free sale, which is the only time I'll shop there. I bought two copies of Infinite Undiscovery and Okami for the Wii. I figure I can sell I.U and Okami and make back most of the money I spent so I can keep a copy of I.U. for myself. :D

Turbo D

Legend of Legaia is a really cool game, I really enjoyed it back in the day  :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

mobiusclimber

Quote from: turbo D on 10/27/2008, 09:16 PMLegend of Legaia is a really cool game, I really enjoyed it back in the day  :)
I owned this awhile ago, thought it was a pretty good but not great game. Don't really remember too much beyond the pseudo-fighting game turn-based battle engine.

Most of this stuff is going to up for sale, actually.

hoobs88

IMG

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for Nintendo DS with Soundtrack CD
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Ceti Alpha

My Blaster Pad came today!!  :dance: :dance: I haven't tried it out yet, but it feels great. I already know it's going to be getting lots of attention from me.  :mrgreen:

IMG

She needs a little cleaning.
IMG

Tatsujin

blastlers are teh cool. have 'em also.

oldskool

SuperDeadite

Valis Complete - PCE versions of Valis I-IV ported to Windows.  Also includes the Valis III Promo Video in MPEG format (originally released on VHS), art gallery, and the Yuko figure.  Too bad it doesn't include the MSX, FC, MD, and SFC games, but its still a cool package to have and it was cheap. :)

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

gundarN

I know it's a bit of a waste of money when I have the Dreamcast version; but I like my N64 better at the moment, and sits nicely with Sin & Punishment and Yuke Yuke Troublemakers:
IMG

ooPo

Excuse the bad quality picture, I just picked this up from a local kijiji seller:

IMG

A TG16 + booster, 5 controllers + tap, Military Madness and a loose Bomberman '93, plus some other minor games.

Cheap!

Zeon

Quote from: ooPo on 10/29/2008, 06:28 PMExcuse the bad quality picture, I just picked this up from a local kijiji seller:

IMG

A TG16 + booster, 5 controllers + tap, Military Madness and a loose Bomberman '93, plus some other minor games.

Cheap!
Holy crap that's a nice grab! How cheap was it exactly?

Ceti Alpha

Nice ooPo!! We're definitely going to have to sit down for some Turbo action sometime.  :mrgreen:
IMG

Ninja Spirit

IMG

Bonus fun picture, seeing my reflection on the Gradius II CD
IMG

nectarsis

Glad you got em Ninja, hope you enjoy :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Joe Redifer

Tatsujin

nice box. what do you will put in there later, joe?

guyjin

so what do you plan on receiving with it?

rolins

My supergun arrived in the mail today. Worked out great with the MV-1C and Metal Slug X I just bought. Very compact and clean, looks professionally made too. It's missing features, but for a newbie it should suit my need perfectly. I'll definitely need to buy a jamma extender harness because it's too tight to remove it off the pcb sometimes. I'm afraid of breaking the edge connector.

/vogatekmk3ja0.jpg

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Tatsujinnice box. what do you will put in there later, joe?
It is an addition to my home which, of course, is a much larger cardboard box.  Times are lookin' up for the Joemeister!

nectarsis

/100_0964.jpg

Star Ocean, and Travelers! Densetsu wo ButtobaSe from Risingstuff

And of course the infamous chopsaodo by our very own chop :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

MissaFX

Princess Maker 1 from Rover and the rest of the stuff is from GeePee
/dscf7171gs9.jpg

chop5

got an odyssey2 and a few games last week. gave it a good cleaning inside and out:

IMG

i like how the controllers and cords nestle in the keyboard groove for easy storage in an old 1980's entertainment center or under your bed  8)
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
IMG
tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie

guyjin

The O2 is nifty. I want one. I hope you have fun with yours (and if you don't, I'll take it off you ;) )

dfrost

Finally a have Super God Trooper Zeroigar. :D

IMG

MissaFX

Tatsujin

yeah..and even nicer cam you have there dfrost. whats that? a zoom of a 50*40 pixel pic? :lol:

zeroigar rocks teh FX :)

Tatsujin