The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

Quote from: guyjin on 12/10/2008, 06:28 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/09/2008, 11:36 PM1.26Kg of finest swiss natural gruyere cheese:

=P~
But there are no holes! it must be fake!
that's because it is a gruyere, it has no holes and basically also never had :) that what you mean is an emmentaler :wink:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

guyjin

I thought all cheese from switzerland had to have holes. Even Velveeta.  :P

Dazz

Yesterday i found Zelda Twilight of the Princess for GC new for $11. I figured the price was right up my ally.

MotherGunner

Quote from: blueraven on 12/02/2008, 03:45 PMI got a narfed Turbo Express with a rotten (wet) battery port (4 of 6 were salvagable) for $13. Now I have to make a new battery connector from wire and solder the damn thing. At least it came with a working TV tuner!!

Pics posted soon; My camera is junk.
So it was YOU that outbid me!  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Tatsujin

Quote from: guyjin on 12/10/2008, 09:07 AMI thought all cheese from switzerland had to have holes. Even Velveeta.  :P
lol..never heard about velveeta, but it seems to be made by a swiss immigrant in new york^^. not every cheese has to have holes. it depends on the procedure the cheese went through.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

somery

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/10/2008, 08:26 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 12/10/2008, 09:07 AMI thought all cheese from switzerland had to have holes. Even Velveeta.  :P
lol..never heard about velveeta, but it seems to be made by a swiss immigrant in new york^^. not every cheese has to have holes. it depends on the procedure the cheese went through.
But..... where are the holes?  :-s

blueraven

Quote from: MotherGunner on 12/10/2008, 04:35 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 12/02/2008, 03:45 PMI got a narfed Turbo Express with a rotten (wet) battery port (4 of 6 were salvagable) for $13. Now I have to make a new battery connector from wire and solder the damn thing. At least it came with a working TV tuner!!

Pics posted soon; My camera is junk.
So it was YOU that outbid me!  =)
Apologies, Mothergunner; i'm guilty as charged.  8-[

Tatsujin

/superpcenginefanvol1ka3.jpg

FX Demos:
Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Yuna FX
Kanashimi no Siren
Kokuu Hyouryuu Nirgentz
Fire Woman
FX Movie:
Angelique Special 2

PC-Engine Demos:
Fray CD: Zak Gaiden
Popful Mail
Develo Minigame Collection

guyjin

[redacted]

termis

guyjin

it would seem that he linked to something that the host did not appreciate.

Turbo D

Strangely enough, I think I've seen that happen before on here. haha. That host has some mean retaliation! :lol:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

lol..gaijinpunch that jerk  :lol:

sorry..will post my own copie soon :oops:

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guyjin on 12/11/2008, 05:54 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/11/2008, 01:44 AMIMG
um, tats, you may want to change your image link.
Yea,I saw this last nite,and was like,wtf Tats lol. Too late now Tats, Teh secret you been hiding slipped out, no point in changing the link now. :P

guyjin

noone needs to see that, damnit! [-X

(and if someone wants to see that, they should look for it elsewhere...)

PCEngineHell

Its actually pretty funny. Just out of nowhere in this thread, you see Tats list some awesome ass stuff he got, and a nice big pic of man on man action. Will certainly wake you up in the morning.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe Redifer

bust3dstr8

Must....stop...teh seeing......arg

/zzantis3gp5.gif
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Tatsujin

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

what would be life without a good laugh now and then? :lol:

termis

Some tasty kanga kebabs.  I'm 'bout to sear them up, and wash 'em down with a cold glass of VB.  =P~

IMG

Tatsujin

a $30 complete PCE DUO-R set incl. soft and arcade card. i'm :shock: myself!!

/pceduocompleteqg4.jpg

awack

Quotea $30 complete PCE DUO-R set incl. soft and arcade card. i'm Shocked myself!!
Wait, what...wait..waitwhat, wait a minute, what!!

It kinda looks like the controller still has the protective plastic film cover.

drboom

Um...how? Did you beat someone up and take it from them, then throw $30 on their still bleeding body?

guyjin

Joe Redifer

I would have bartered them down to $15, at least.

Tablet

IMG

Seems like a day of bargains, I got this SCD off ebay, it was being sold as spares as it was 'faulty'. but when I plugged it in it worked like a dream. Boxed plus an extra of 10 games that wren't listed in the auction all for £47 shipped

I am one happy bunny  :dance:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Tablet on 12/13/2008, 03:48 PMIMG

Seems like a day of bargains, I got this SCD off ebay, it was being sold as spares as it was 'faulty'. but when I plugged it in it worked like a dream. Boxed plus an extra of 10 games that wren't listed in the auction all for £47 shipped

I am one happy bunny  :dance:
:o

=D&gt; :dance:  That's an amazing deal! Gratz man!
IMG

Zeon

Got all this for $60, and in case you are wondering, a lot of it was free:

i37.tinypic.com/24ms3le.jpg

Mega props if you can make out everything from my blurry ass cellphone pic.

Sparky

Quote from: PC-ENGINE HELL on 12/11/2008, 09:28 AMIts actually pretty funny. Just out of nowhere in this thread, you see Tats list some awesome ass stuff he got, and a nice big pic of man on man action. Will certainly wake you up in the morning.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
haha... yeah that would wake you up or sober ya up... fast!!!

ok a pict of some goodies i got in the mail this week me friends....
IMG

Very happy about the official saturn light gun and having a soft spot for Ridge Racer, namco's official controller... oh yaaaa!:D
Also check out the closeup on that SMS controller... i never knew they made one of these versions... very cool and was freebe the guy throw in :)

IMG

Joe Redifer

Yeah, I love those Sega controllers.  The joystick unscrews out and is replaced by a little rubber button thingy.

How, exactly, does the Ne-G-con controller work?  I can't imagine that twisting it one way or the other is a very intuitive way to steer.  With Ridge Racer, you'll be bouncing off of the walls no matter what.

bust3dstr8

I believe the twist controls gas and brake.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Duo_R

how much was the Saturn Gun Sparks?
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Sparky

Joe Redifer & Bust3dstr8 ---> one side of the twist controls works the gas and brake the other side the steering from my understanding, but when i get a chance to try it I will let you guys know what i tink....it is so freak'n different it was a must have!!

Duo_R---> well i got all the stuff as a lot for $60 (can) and that was with shipping :)  so probably $10ish

rolins

Ikari Warriors for the MSX2.

/msxikariae6.jpg

somery

Another PS2 anthology! (Featuring Totally Awesome '80s Tunes!)

/activisionby1.jpg

EDIT: One of the main reasons I got it was to be able to play Atari games in component without some crazy mod (if that's even possible). Lulz.

hoobs88

I saw this system at "Game Crazy" about a year ago and thought it was just a generic NES but I recently discovered some things about it that convinced me to purchase one: It plays both American (NES) and Japanese (Famicom) Nintendo cartridges. It has composite RCA cables rather than RF. Wireless controllers are available for it. The instruction manual was designed to look like a NES cartridge and even has a dust jacket! The back of the manual has the Digital Press rarity guide with complete list of NES and Famicom games.

IMG
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

NecroPhile

Those Gen Nex clones are pretty sexy, especially with the wireless controllers (too bad they don't make 'em for the Turbo).  There's always a catch though, and with these it's that they don't work with Castlevania III or Guantlet (among others that nobody cares about).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

guyjin

Actually, I found the wireless NEX controllers somewhat hard to use. it's fine for things like platformers where you're pressing one direction most of the time, but for games where you tap the D-pad a lot (puzzle games, shmups) it doesn't seem to respond immediately. I much prefer the wired one that comes with it; it's very handy for games like Metroid or Zelda where you push select and start a lot.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 12/18/2008, 10:26 AMThose Gen Nex clones are pretty sexy, especially with the wireless controllers (too bad they don't make 'em for the Turbo).  There's always a catch though, and with these it's that they don't work with Castlevania III or Guantlet (among others that nobody cares about).
Oh man, how cool would it be if there was a Generation NEC?  .....I'll answer that -  VERY COOL!  =P~

...I'm just imagining what it would look like.  :-k I'd design it about as small as the PCE, but with a built-in CDROM2 Arcade. It would also have to be compatible with the Supergrafx. I guess RGB/SVid/Component would have to be standard as well. :) The perfect all-in-one unit. I seriously want one. Who's up to the task?  :P
IMG

guyjin

...you forgot 'and since they're so closely related anyway, make it Famicom/NES compatible, too!'

NecroPhile

From Rising Stuff: Brandish, Galaxy Fraulein Yuna (reprint with HuVideo disc), Kabuki Itouryodan, Avenue Pad 6, and a pair of wireless controllers.  Everything was nicely packaged and in darn good condition; in fact, Kabuki Itouryodan and one of the wireless controllers was brand new.  Thanks, Sensei.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

rolins

3 Xain/Sein games all sealed...well they were sealed a few minutes ago.   :wink:

Mirai, Aramo, Tritorn
/msxseinvn0.jpg

nectarsis

Can we get some shots of the backs please (if screenshots are on em)  :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

rolins

Quote from: nectarsis on 12/19/2008, 10:51 PMCan we get some shots of the backs please (if screenshots are on em)  :)
Sure. :) 
/msxsein1th2.th.jpg

nectarsis

TH0R

i got a memory unit for the duo...it's black and takes 4 AA batteries. i don't even know if it works...i'm having problems using the duo rx controller with either it or the turbo tap... depending on what's hooked up first the controller won't work or the turbo buttons won't...bruce lee game is rad

nectarsis

TR0N

Quote from: nectarsis on 12/20/2008, 12:04 AMBruce Lee game  :-s
I bet he is talking about china warrior and it's flying potatos  :wink: :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec