OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tablet

SuperDeadite

Quote from: TH0R on 12/20/2008, 12:03 AMi got a memory unit for the duo...it's black and takes 4 AA batteries. i don't even know if it works...i'm having problems using the duo rx controller with either it or the turbo tap... depending on what's hooked up first the controller won't work or the turbo buttons won't...bruce lee game is rad
The device you have is the Memory Base.  Very few games actually support it, I believe Motoroder MC is one of them.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

somery

More collections. I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!

/midwaysfd1.jpg

Also, I find it mildly funny that volume 1 is rated T and volume 2 is rated M. Mildly funny.

hoobs88

I couldn't get a TG16 kiosk like Sparky did but I got a piece of it....the marquee. There are no scratches and the only flaw is a chunk missing from the lower left corner. Actually, I just looked at photos of Sparky's kiosk and this marquee is different from his.

IMG
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Zeon

Been meaning to post this for some time now, my "mountain of awesomeness" that was waiting for me at home: IMG

Also not in the picture, I got my Atari 5200 with two controllers, switch box and power supply (sadly no games  :(), and also Final Fantasy XII greatest hits which Windancer so kindly gave to me. Thanks wind!

hoobs88

A year after it was released...better late than never.

IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Zeon on 12/22/2008, 05:12 PMBeen meaning to post this for some time now, my "mountain of awesomeness" that was waiting for me at home: IMG

Also not in the picture, I got my Atari 5200 with two controllers, switch box and power supply (sadly no games  :(), and also Final Fantasy XII greatest hits which Windancer so kindly gave to me. Thanks wind!
Very nice catches Zeon, very nice. :)

drdre

Alien vs. Predator (Jaguar), Primal Rage (3DO), some new clothes....
Hurray for Christmas!
Arms installation is complete....good luck

PCEngineHell

Quote from: drdre on 12/23/2008, 10:43 PMAlien vs. Predator (Jaguar), Primal Rage (3DO), some new clothes....
Hurray for Christmas!
PR for 3DO is great. Seriously should consider building a arcade stick for it though if you want to do alot of multi hit combos. It really helps.

Arkhan Asylum

/ds1pn2.jpg
/jesus1ph3.jpg

bofe are complete.

yay me.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

albinoMithos

Quote from: PC-ENGINE HELL on 12/23/2008, 10:58 PM
Quote from: drdre on 12/23/2008, 10:43 PMAlien vs. Predator (Jaguar), Primal Rage (3DO), some new clothes....
Hurray for Christmas!
PR for 3DO is great. Seriously should consider building a arcade stick for it though if you want to do alot of multi hit combos. It really helps.
Is there a good source for 3DO joysticks?  I need one badly......*can't play Street Fighter/Samurai Shodown with a crappy 3DO pad*

PCEngineHell

You'll have to take a stick from another system and mod it, unless you want to import one.

somery

Picked up Namco Museum 50th Anniversary, SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1, and Atari Anthology for PS2 today. No pictures because I figure you guys are probably sick of my PS2 collections by now.  :wink:

EDIT: Holy shit, there's a JESUS game for MSX?? Rock on, Prince of Peace!

guyjin

Quote from: somery on 12/24/2008, 04:52 PMPicked up Namco Museum 50th Anniversary, SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1, and Atari Anthology for PS2 today. No pictures because I figure you guys are probably sick of my PS2 collections by now.  :wink:

yeah, it's wacky. from what I've heard, the title character has nothing to do with that israeli from 2000 years ago; it's a shadowgate-like adventure game, but unlike that game you cannot die or fail; you just keep going until you get to the end or you give up.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guyjin on 12/24/2008, 05:33 PM
Quote from: somery on 12/24/2008, 04:52 PMPicked up Namco Museum 50th Anniversary, SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1, and Atari Anthology for PS2 today. No pictures because I figure you guys are probably sick of my PS2 collections by now.  :wink:

yeah, it's wacky. from what I've heard, the title character has nothing to do with that israeli from 2000 years ago; it's a shadowgate-like adventure game, but unlike that game you cannot die or fail; you just keep going until you get to the end or you give up.
I had never heard about the game til the guy was like "I GOT THIS FOR SALE: 20$" and I was like "O_O I want that".

I wonder if they mean to call it Jesus, like the Mexico folk.... "hay-seuss".....   I dont know.

20$ for a game called Jesus with that cover, is worth it imo
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

rolins

Quote from: guest on 12/24/2008, 06:55 AM/ds1pn2.jpg
/jesus1ph3.jpg

bofe are complete.

yay me.
Dude, it's a little early don't ya think?  :P

TR0N

My current loot of this month the following are famicom games and joystick,beside the neogeo mvs game  :mrgreen:

Kage no Densetsu (The Legend of Kage)
Kage (Shadow of the Ninja)
/kk.png

MetalGear
Lord of King (Astyanax)
/mglok.png

XE-1 Pro FC joystick
IMG

NeoGeo MVS
Waku Waku 7
/mvsww7.png
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

rolins

Quote from: TR0N on 12/26/2008, 01:46 AMXE-1 Pro FC joystick
IMG
Great find these are fantastic arcade sticks. I built an adaptor so I could use mine with my NES toaster.
I highly recommend swapping the 30mm ball top with a 35mm one from Sanwa or Seimitsu. Also it'll benefit with some re-greasing, it's an old stick even if it's mint and unused the grease might be all dried up by now.

TR0N

Quote from: rolins on 12/26/2008, 05:55 AM
IMG
Great find these are fantastic arcade sticks. I built an adaptor so I could use mine with my NES toaster.
I highly recommend swapping the 30mm ball top with a 35mm one from Sanwa or Seimitsu. Also it'll benefit with some re-greasing, it's an old stick even if it's mint and unused the grease might be all dried up by now.
Yeah it is a nice joystick i got it from 16bit on ebay there.Though i found out it won't work on my famicom av sad to say.I need either a original famicom or the sharp twin famicom to use it.Though this isn't a rare case either where some third party controllers will not work on a famicom av.I talk to sensei about it and,he mention even the joyball will not work on it.Oh well i been thinking about getting a twin famicom for backup use any ways.
IMG

rolins

Quote from: TR0N on 12/26/2008, 11:36 PM
IMG
Yeah it is a nice joystick i got it from 16bit on ebay there.Though i found out it won't work on my famicom av sad to say.I need either a original famicom or the sharp twin famicom to use it.Though this isn't a rare case either where some third party controllers will not work on a famicom av.I talk to sensei about it and,he mention even the joyball will not work on it.Oh well i been thinking about getting a twin famicom for backup use any ways.
That's strange, I wonder why it doesn't work?
Oh well...plug it into the 7pin controller ports instead. Those I know are identical to the NES pinout and from there that joystick should work. You'll need to build an adaptor though which is piece of cake. Trust me you're only dealing with 5 wires here. Here's the one I built, I hacked off the cord from a nes pad and wired the end to a DB15 male connector.

/fcnesadaptorfa1.jpg
/xe1profcwd7.jpg

TR0N

Quote from: rolins on 12/27/2008, 12:07 AM
IMG
Oh well...plug it into the 7pin controller ports instead. Those I know are identical to the NES pinout and from there that joystick should work. You'll need to build an adaptor though which is piece of cake. Trust me you're only dealing with 5 wires here. Here's the one I built, I hacked off the cord from a nes pad and wired the end to a DB15 male connector.
/fcnesadaptorfa1.jpg
Yeah i did plug it into expension port on the side of the famicom av. No go at all even when the joystick did light up.I don't supose if i payed ya you could make a adapter for me ? That might work for me letting run it on it's front controller ports.Even duo_r suggested,having it work that way for me.Befor you say why don't i do it myself simple i have no electronic skill what so ever.
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Deus Ex Invisable War for Xbox-

Got it for .99 at Pawn America... the place is quickly becomming my new favorite place for gaming!!
Oh and Surf Ninja's Sealed on VHS LMAO!!!  for .50!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 12/27/2008, 12:51 AMOh and Surf Ninja's Sealed on VHS LMAO!!!  for .50!
Hell yeah good find! I still have that on a blank tape when I taped it on Showtime way back in 1994

IMG
"What if Ninja Spirit got 2 new PCE games and they're to arrive at his place within the first 5 days of January 09?"

Yup. It happened. PCE Art of Fighting and Galaga 88

albinoMithos

Quote from: TR0N on 12/27/2008, 12:44 AM
IMG
/fcnesadaptorfa1.jpg
Yeah i did plug it into expension port on the side of the famicom av.No go at all even when the joystick did light up.I don't supose if i payed ya you could make a adapter for me ? That might work for me letting run it on it's front controller ports.Even duo_r suggested,having it work that way for me.Befor you say why don't i do it myself simple i have no electronic skill what so ever.
That 15-pin connector in the AV-famicom isn't for controllers.  As a matter of fact I remember using a neo geo joystick in that port and pressing down on the joystick made the system reset or something of that sort.

drdre

Playstation 3(80gig)/MGS4/Resistance-all with Christmas money :dance:
Arms installation is complete....good luck

TR0N

Quote from: Mithos on 12/28/2008, 03:22 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 12/27/2008, 12:44 AM
IMG
/fcnesadaptorfa1.jpg
Yeah i did plug it into expension port on the side of the famicom av.No go at all even when the joystick did light up.I don't supose if i payed ya you could make a adapter for me ? That might work for me letting run it on it's front controller ports.Even duo_r suggested,having it work that way for me.Befor you say why don't i do it myself simple i have no electronic skill what so ever.
That 15-pin connector in the AV-famicom isn't for controllers.  As a matter of fact I remember using a neo geo joystick in that port and pressing down on the joystick made the system reset or something of that sort.
I all ready went over with that duo_r and zeon etc it is the nature of the famicom av.Though i can use my both of my,Arkanoid paddles on the console go figure.When i bought the joystick even 16bit stated for the famicom or twin famicom only.Still i'm gonna try what rolins suggested see if it that works.If that fails...there's all ways getting a nes advantage since a famicom av can use most nes controllers.
IMG

rolins

Finally got my Saturn controller (MK-80100) in the mail from Dazz. Time to build that neogeo -> saturn joystick adaptor now. :dance:

Sparky

ok some xmas gifts and some boxing day(s) buys... some classics and some new...

Sega CD... Revenge Of The Ninja, Double Pack: Ultraverse Prime/Microcosm & Earthworm Jim Special Edition... my wifey got those for me for xmas.
Nintendo DS... a Crimson Red system for xmas (my first new system since a PS2  :-" ) and some shopping today got me Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (very goood) & Turn It Around...
also PS2.. God Of War II

Tatsujin

my todays hardoff cycle haul :)
/haul20081230lz7.jpg
/cdmagsyj4.jpg
/cdmagscomplete2lt7.jpg
/fcgooglefa7.jpg

/singlemalteb0.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/30/2008, 07:39 AMmy todays hardoff cycle haul :)
Nice shades, m'man; Snatcher, another Motteke Tamago, Puyo Puyo Tsu (x2), and some tasty scotch.....  =P~
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

sorry. small mistake..the motteke is the same as before. just liked to put it on the family pic below :oops:
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

WTF is that NAMCOT game in the small box?  Is it MD?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/30/2008, 11:19 AMWTF is that NAMCOT game in the small box?  Is it MD?
It looks Famicomish to me.  :-k
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

guyjin

Tatsujin

it is FAMICOMish. just one of those thousands available, usually very cheap (< $1), namcot famicom carts^^

Ceti Alpha

Cool! You can drink Glenlivet in 3D.  8)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

MotherGunner

Okay, just picked up

Military Madness, Valis III, and Forgotten Worlds all three for a little over $40 bucks.

Now I will finally be able to use the AV PAD 3 I got from Rising Stuff!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Ninja Spirit

nectarsis

This is the last week or so of goodness  :dance: :dance:

Compliments of GUTS:

/100_1106.jpg

Recent Ebay Snags:

/100_1108.jpg

Tatsujin

oh, you got again one of those i do not.

nectarsis

Alt-PyschoNintega

Found a copy of Gotcha Force for Gamecube for $10 at a store near me. Plays kind of like Virtual On.  There are over 200 characters to collect. Don't let the kiddy graphics fool you. Awesome game this is  :)
IMG

Duo_R

picked up:

PC Engine Best collection:

Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Collection & Tengai Makyou Collection

IMG IMG

http://www.hudson.co.jp/gamenavi/psp/pce-best/index.html
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

hoobs88

IMG

Popful Mail for Sega CD/Laseractive

IMG

Dropcast, The Legend of Kage 2, and Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer. Got these three DS games for 81 cents after using a Christmas Gift card!

Joe Redifer

The Legend of Kage 2?  I didn't even know that existed!  I had a lot of fun with the first.  I'm almost afraid to ask.... how is it??

PCEngineHell

Supposedly pretty good. I only heard a couple of bad things about it while at the store from others. My son has a friend at school who raves about it to no end, so maybe it is pretty fun.

Joe Redifer

Hell, for $9.99 brand new at EB, it's worth a shot!  Hopefully they still have one for me to pick up tomorrow.

drboom

It is rather fun, playing through it right now. For the price, its a must-get.
Got me some NEC goodness - an NEC XM29 Plus monitor. Kind of like a tri-res arcade monitor in a easily tate-able case with a remote that has picture adjustment and degaussing buttons on it.
IMG

Just look at this picture of the PS2 port of ESPGaluda!  :D
IMG

Sparky

picked up this week at my local EB...
DS...Castlevania Dawn of Sorrows (have all 3 CV games for the DS now :) that should keep me busy :) )
GBA... Gunstar Super Heroes... what a great game!!!