@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drboom

Quote from: guest on 01/15/2009, 07:30 PMGBA... Gunstar Super Heroes... what a great game!!!
Especially with the GBA/GC player.

Joe Redifer

I picked up that $9.99 Legend of Kage 2 for the DS.  Haven't opened it yet, though.

rolins

Philips FDD interface - With this you can connect an external floppy drive to your MSX computer. This one only supports 360k disks, so I still need to replace the disk rom so it works with 720k.

/philipsfddqi5.jpg

Alt-PyschoNintega

All brand new.

Killer 7 (GC) - $5
Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC)- $5
PS2 Dragon Quest Slime Pad - $5

At my town's Game Crazy of all places.  You think I should keep my slime pad sealed?
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Alt-PyschoNintega

IMG

Ninja Spirit

Another misfortune though......my Nintendo DS mysteriously grew legs and escaped my room with no trace...

Alt-PyschoNintega

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 01/16/2009, 05:59 PM
Quote from: Nintega on 01/16/2009, 05:51 PM
Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 01/16/2009, 05:47 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/16/2009, 03:05 AM$9.99 Legend of Kage 2
Already??? Damn....
I know what I am buying next.
Same here!

Another misfortune though......my Nintendo DS mysteriously grew legs and escaped my room with no trace...
Look around your room dude. Chances are you might have misplaced it. Unless you took it outdoors...
IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

nectarsis

Couldn't pass em up for $6 for both  :twisted:
/100_1116.jpg

Spriggan compliments of bust  =D&gt; =D&gt;
/100_1117.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Joe Redifer

Do you have to wear that Optimus Prime mask?

Tatsujin

great haulie =D&gt;

have fun with those gems. 1st time dracx?
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

nectarsis

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/18/2009, 08:35 PMDo you have to wear that Optimus Prime mask?
To get the voice change part to work I assume so (been waiting since I was a kid for a Soundwave version lol).

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/18/2009, 08:35 PMgreat haulie =D&gt;

Yes first time for teh Drac X (not counting the Psp ver.).

rag-time4

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/18/2009, 08:40 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/18/2009, 08:35 PMDo you have to wear that Optimus Prime mask?
To get the voice change part to work I assume so (been waiting since I was a kid for a Soundwave version lol).

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/18/2009, 08:35 PMgreat haulie =D&gt;

Yes first time for teh Drac X (not counting the Psp ver.).
A Soundwave version would be pretty cool! And really jealous of that Drac X!!!

I bought something today that I needed badly:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

hey got something much more than just a car. you also got some quite more weight on you, since the last pixies we saw from you =D&gt; =D&gt;

rag-time4

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/19/2009, 03:45 AMhey got something much more than just a car. you also got some quite more weight on you, since the last pixies we saw from you =D&gt; =D&gt;
Haha sure it's not the layers of clothing and baggy pants?

Quote from: turbo D on 01/19/2009, 03:44 AMNice crx dude! 8)
Thanks for the love, D!

NecroPhile

There's something wrong with your CRX: where's the coffee can exhaust tip, multi-level spoiler, and giant, misaligned body kit (preferably unpainted)?  :D

Just yankin' your chain.  CRXs are nice little rides, but don't let anyone steal this one.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 01/19/2009, 11:29 AMThere's something wrong with your CRX: where's the coffee can exhaust tip, multi-level spoiler, and giant, misaligned body kit (preferably unpainted)?  :D

Just yankin' your chain.  CRXs are nice little rides, but don't let anyone steal this one.
Want me to pimp this ride Necro?  :dance:

I'm going to park this one in the lot instead of in the street. Hope that helps a bit. I'll put full coverage on it too just in case.

nectarsis

quoth hooked me up ;)

/100_1122.jpg

VERY cool box set (and even bigger than I thought).   The art book alone is worth the price of admission.

nectarsis

Risingstuff really came thru on this order:

/100_1123.jpg
/100_1124.jpg

Alt-PyschoNintega

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/20/2009, 07:41 PMquoth hooked me up ;)

IMG

VERY cool box set (and even bigger than I thought).   The art book alone is worth the price of admission.
Quoth isn't too bright. I would have kept that FEoE III.
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: Nintega on 01/21/2009, 04:53 PM

/100_1122.jpg

Quote from: Nintega on 01/21/2009, 04:53 PM

/100_1122.jpg

Yep cause he traded for a bunch of stuff he wanted/needed for a game he could care less about  :roll:  Did you maybe think he doesn't like the Far East games (or maybe this one in particular)?  Keep up th etrolling today, 1 thread locked right away, insulting a member for no reason...yep you've changed  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

DJLobo

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/21/2009, 12:34 PMRisingstuff really came thru on this order:

/100_1123.jpg
/100_1124.jpg
Nice haul. I was going to snag that copy of Nexzr that they had, but ya beat me to the punch. ](*,)
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

quoth09

Quote from: Nintega on 01/21/2009, 04:53 PMQuoth isn't too bright. I would have kept that FEoE III.
This first part doesn't really belong in here, but oh well.

Nintega isn't very bright opening his ignorant mouth, at some poor, feeble attempt to insult me.

Just like this thread, which pretty much Joe nailed it dead on:
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=6366.msg107322
You haven't learned a damn thing Nintega, just like you haven't learned yet that you can't insult someone you know nothing about. Also, what was this BS the other day in shout about how I was cool with you before Mike came along? He had nothing to do with that; YOU DID, so go throw that blame game on someone else, like maybe the person that you see when you look in the mirror. This isn't high school Nintega. Stop trying to get people on your side, when one doesn't exist in the first place. Grow up.

And to answer you Nintega: I got the game in a lot, and didn't want it. I looked at game footage and screen shots prior to even purchasing the lot, and decided I had no interest in it, and was planning on reselling it, as the rest of the stuff is what I mainly wanted. Yeah, sure it was new; I looked at the extras, art book, and back of the case for a minute, and gazed upon the glory of a nice JP boxset, and realized it isn't for me. There are lots of games like that. That doesn't mean they are shit, that just means I have no interest in them. Nothing more. I'm not really in the mood to try and play that many RPGs that are Japanese language only anymore, unless I have genuine interest in them. So tell me again, why would I keep something that I have no interest in, when I traded it to nectarsis and got some stuff that I wanted more? So next time, when someone gets something on here, try thinking that there might be a reason why the previous person didn't want it, other than possibly that the person was dumb, or stupid, just because they don't like something you do. I could have opened it, but knowing that it was a game I didn't want, why would I open it, just so I could prove myself right and decrease the value? I'm sure nectarsis appreciates it being sealed, more so than open.

None the less, nectarsis is right, I'm not a fan of the Far East of Eden games, with the exception of the Neo Geo fighter, which I forgot about until the other day. They just don't interest me, especially the ones on PCE CD.

Either way, this is what nectarsis traded me for the above. Not as impressive, but I would rather have this stuff than the box set:

IMG

Quick photo. All 3 cased items are sealed, Guides are either new or mint/near mint.

Yeah, sure I could have probably sold the stuff I traded him, for more than what I got, but it wasn't a huge concern of mine on that deal. Really, if he wanted to after he opened it, played it, and then decided he didn't like it or whatever, he could resell it and really not lose anything on the deal in compare to what I traded him for. Guess what, you can be the buyer Nintega! So put your money where your mouth is!  :P :lol:

NecroPhile

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/21/2009, 05:17 PMKeep up the trolling today, 1 thread locked right away, insulting a member for no reason...yep you've changed  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
What will the excuse be this time?  I'm betting on 'forgot to take my meds'.  :roll:

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/21/2009, 06:27 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 01/21/2009, 05:17 PMKeep up the trolling today, 1 thread locked right away, insulting a member for no reason...yep you've changed  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
What will the excuse be this time?  I'm betting on 'forgot to take my meds'.  :roll:
Dear lord, please give Nintega the proper medication.  [-o&lt;
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 01/22/2009, 08:31 AMDear lord, please give Nintega the proper medication.  [-o&lt;
Any votes for high velocity lead vitamins?  :twisted:

guyjin

I was gonna suggest some KCN but didn't wanna give him more attention  :|

jboypacman

I got my order from Wolfgames today.......

Ninja Spirit-Complete
Son Son II-Complete
Vigilante-Loose(This was a freebie from Matt) :D

jboypacman

Today i stopped at GameStop and picked up Legend of Kage 2 for the Nintendo DS for $10 which i thought was a pretty good score(at lest i hope so i have not had a chance to play it yet) :D.

Duo_R

Takahashi Meijin no Shin Bōken Jima
AKA New Adventure Island - PC Engine

Thanks to Nectarsis for finding the deal for me!  =D&gt;
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

jperryss

Got a bunch of PCE games and an Ave6, courtesy of RisingStuff!
IMG

Tatsujin

Joe Redifer

What is that Mega Drive game that's second from the left?  I know I have rented that before because I recognize the box.

drboom

jboypacman

Ok today i got the following......

Moon and Big Bang Mini-Nintendo DS

Hatris,Ghost Samurai,Bravoman and The KungFu-PC Engine  :D

termis

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/24/2009, 12:14 PMWhat is that Mega Drive game that's second from the left?  I know I have rented that before because I recognize the box.
Bio-Ship Paladin / Uchū Senkan Gomora
http://www.sega-16.com/review_page.php?id=178&title=Bio-Ship+Paladin

Tatsujin

Quote from: termis on 01/24/2009, 05:31 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/24/2009, 12:14 PMWhat is that Mega Drive game that's second from the left?  I know I have rented that before because I recognize the box.
Bio-Ship Paladin / Uchū Senkan Gomora
http://www.sega-16.com/review_page.php?id=178&title=Bio-Ship+Paladin
yeah..that it is :) lol.. he has written that it is "fast" in his rev. i would call it, the slowest shumps on earth. but there is no bad meaning behind, because it is suposed to be slow, very slow. that is how the game works.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Sparky

piss poor finds for sparky lately....

ps1... Billiards (must be desperate)
GB... Blades of Steal (ya ok)
pS2... Guitar Hero: Areosmith.. (snagged for $5)

also something interesting... a FEAR 2: Project Origin promotional briefing book called... Armacham Technologies.
FREE at EB games... cool little book, i am a sucker for these things. :)

blueraven

More caps from an electronics supply store, solder, flux, wire. Sound out on my Duo.

SF3 Third Strike / Collection for the PS2 for $10. I couldn't resist :mrgreen:

Turbo D

I received a gift of The Orange Box and Unreal Tournament 3 for ps3 from Michelle today( err, I mean yesterday, heh.) I've been up all night playing Half Life 2, lol. :mrgreen:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Space Harrier, Double Dungeons, Lunar magic school (Saturn), Bakuretsu Hunter (Saturn)

oh, and Hydlide 1,2 and 3 for MSX
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jboypacman

I got the following Sparky this week for the PC Engine........

Cratermaze(Doreamon)
Kato and Ken Chan
Deep Blue
Galaga 88'
Fire Pro Wrestling Final Bout 2
Jacky Chan

And from the local "Mom and Pop" gameshop on the cheap(as in store credit which i forgot i had)......

Elite Beat Agents for the Nintendo DS. :D

rolins

My new jamma board arrived today. This one's Outzone, a unique Toaplan shooter released in 1990. Paid through nose for this one but totally worth it.

/outzone1nx9.jpg
/outzonepcbxv6.jpg

Tatsujin

outzone is probably the best toaplan products of ever and one of the best arcade games in history. nice haul  :D

tooo bad, it never made it into our homes (beside of purchasing the pcb or using F.M.A.M.E.).

blueraven

A new desktop, after my 7 year old homebrew finally died due to a bad SATA controller.  :shock:

Fortunately, It gives me an excuse to turn the old one into another linux box  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ooPo

moblog.oopo.net/media/Dan%20Peori/.small/1233273985.jpg.JPG

Naomi + Capcom I/O board, Capcom vs Snk, Guilty Gear X and Power Stone.