The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

Just as long as Zeus isn't upset.

shonenx

Congrats Ninja spirit!!! =D> Hope u enjoy it ! I love mine!!
You're Already Dead !!!

Tatsujin

teh bazzy mouse:

/bazzymouse.jpg

:)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TheClash603

Ninja, I just picked up the SFIV fight stick at a FYE going out of business sale for $35 for PS3.  Looks identical in make to yours, just a different picture.  I am definitely liking Zangief with the stick...  but still prefer Bison with the pad.

The stick definitely helps in playing King of Fighters XII too.  Too bad it doesn't help King of Fighters XII from being kinda shitty...

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: shonenx on 02/09/2010, 06:42 PMCongrats Ninja spirit!!! =D&gt; Hope u enjoy it ! I love mine!!
Oh hell yes!

On XBLA I play SF4 and MvC2

I played Megaman 9 on that stick and beat a couple of stages. it was wierd, since I normally play megaman on pad

TR0N

Some of the stuff i'm showing isn't recent but i figure i'd take some pictures finally.Btw the joystick is the (hori real arcade pro 3 special edition) PS3 version :mrgreen:
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 02/09/2010, 11:02 PM
Quote from: shonenx on 02/09/2010, 06:42 PMCongrats Ninja spirit!!! =D&gt; Hope u enjoy it ! I love mine!!
Oh hell yes!

On XBLA I play SF4 and MvC2

I played Megaman 9 on that stick and beat a couple of stages. it was wierd, since I normally play megaman on pad
To bad you don't have a PS3 i'd play you in a round of SFIV&MvsC2.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/09/2010, 07:22 PMteh bazzy mouse:
That isn't a PCE mouse, is it?  Either way, it's kick ass.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: TR0N on 02/10/2010, 03:18 AMSome of the stuff i'm showing isn't recent but i figure i'd take some pictures finally.Btw the joystick is the (hori real arcade pro 3 special edition) PS3 version :mrgreen:
IMG
Those HRAP3s are very nice, but eishh on the $150 tag back then. Now you can get them for $80-$100, which is a much nicer price. I just use a Hori EX2 DOA for Xbox 360 and I have no problems with it. It works just as well as my Neo Geo old style controllers. My only minor complaint is the stick is a little looser, but that could be fixed with clickier micro switches. Also, I could add a 8-way plate to it if I wanted to improve it. Still, I pull off my moves with no problems. When i get a PS3, I will definitely get one of the HRAP3 models.

Is there a good place to get PS2 Hori sticks of high quality? I keep finding there aren't any available or they are jacked up to $150-$200.

Ceti Alpha

That Hori stick is pretty damn nice.
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 02/01/2010, 11:14 PMNectarsis, tell me more about that Gatchaman shooting game.
Well I finally got it fired up on the psp today, and man oh man.  It's def a budget title lol.  Graphics are passable (especially the "cut scenes"), music is as you'd expect largely from the anime.  Only 4 of the main characters are represented (Ryū Nakanishi/Tiny/Rocky seems to be MIA).  Ken and Joe are pretty much palette swaps, same attacktype, etc.  Juns yo-yo when powered up is actually kind of cool. Jinpei as to be expected is worthless lol.  Control is solid enough, you play  alternating stages...1st stage walking, next stage your characters vehicle stage.  Main flaw I saw is the game challenge is set on kindergarten. Quickly became boring due to the lack of ANY challenge.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

TR0N

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 02/10/2010, 05:42 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 02/10/2010, 03:18 AMSome of the stuff i'm showing isn't recent but i figure i'd take some pictures finally.Btw the joystick is the (hori real arcade pro 3 special edition) PS3 version :mrgreen:
IMG
Those HRAP3s are very nice, but eishh on the $150 tag back then. Now you can get them for $80-$100, which is a much nicer price. I just use a Hori EX2 DOA for Xbox 360 and I have no problems with it. It works just as well as my Neo Geo old style controllers. My only minor complaint is the stick is a little looser, but that could be fixed with clickier micro switches. Also, I could add a 8-way plate to it if I wanted to improve it. Still, I pull off my moves with no problems. When i get a PS3, I will definitely get one of the HRAP3 models.

Is there a good place to get PS2 Hori sticks of high quality? I keep finding there aren't any available or they are jacked up to $150-$200.
Yeah you can get the HRAP3 cheap now i only payed $89.00+ last year for it from a seller on ebay.I guess people are ignoreing the HARP3 for the madcatz SFIV joystick so lol!As for a getting a HRAP2 for the ps2 dunno you're best bet is just to get a used (hori TEKKEN 5 joystick) usely there cheap used.Plus the hori tekken 5 joystick can be modded,just replace it's buttons&stick and then your set.
IMG

Emerald Rocker

Thanks for the impressions, Mister Tarsis.  Sorry to hear it's not all that.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

SuperDeadite

Got this awhile ago, but too busy to post a pic.  Original Gradius II.  So good, but so hard.  :dance:

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

shonenx

only the sf4 TE edition stick is the same as the MVC2 stick. the fight stick models dont use higher end sanwa densei arcade joystick and buttons only he TE ones. Also tron i think you mean too bad YOU dont have a 360  :lol: sorry im a bit anti ps3 at times hahah
You're Already Dead !!!

bust3dstr8

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 02/12/2010, 07:56 AMGot this awhile ago, but too busy to post a pic.  Original Gradius II.  So good, but so hard.  :dance:

IMG
IMG

II is by far my favorite and I would love to try the arcade version someday.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 02/12/2010, 05:15 PMII is by far my favorite and I would love to try the arcade version someday.
yeah it's really a toppy :)

try the SS or PSx one, they are 0.999999999:1 arcade faithful :)

sure the real obeyers doh the PCE one :wink:

btw: nice hauly deadite   =D&gt;
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

jboypacman

Wife got me Ghouls N Ghosts for the Sega Genesis today and i went and picked up on trade TMNT Tournament Fighters,Phelios and Lighting Force for the Genesis as well. :D

TR0N

Quote from: shonenx on 02/12/2010, 04:23 PMAlso tron i think you mean too bad YOU dont have a 360  :lol: sorry im a bit anti ps3 at times hahah
Not realy i don't have envy since ninjaspirit has a 360 it's his choice.I was just saying becuase (MvsC2 and SFIV) are on the PS3 as well and i wouldn't mind playing a match with him if he had a PS3.That's all and nothing more to it.
IMG

Senshi

Deadite, what model is that tv?
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Senshi on 02/14/2010, 07:33 PMDeadite, what model is that tv?
Sony Trinitron 29'' HD-CRT KV-29DX550.  Great TV, takes pure RGB through the AV-Multi, also has dual D4 terminals (750p or 1125i in letterbox 16:9 mode), 3x S-Vid, 4x Composite.  Even has Composite Output jacks which makes recording games a breeze. :)
http://www.sony.jp/CorporateCruise/Press/200106/01-0627/

Joe Redifer

Can it do 240p without any sort of upscaling?

Senshi

Thanks deadite. Great pickup by the way. Here's mine. Double Dragon II for PCE-SCD. I used to play this on nintendo constantly.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/14/2010, 09:11 PMCan it do 240p without any sort of upscaling?
With 15khz you lose the scanlines, but it still looks quite nice with anything that outputs in RGB.  The Famicom looks like crap on it, but I don't play it on this this TV anyway.  The SD only versions of this TV do 15khz RGB natively though, but then you lose the HD abilities.  It's a trade off either way sadly, and I needed something for the 360...

TheClash603

Just picked up Splatter House 3 loose for the Genesis, and Castlevania 2 and Fortress of Fear for the original gameboy at the flea market yesterday.

shonenx

Picked up Jet Set Radio Future/Sega GT for Xbox it was a pack in title with the Xbox to drive up sales. JSRF is the sequel to the dreamcast  game with BETTER controls and new moves, graffiti & story and same GREAT music. The price was halfed so i paid 12.00 I also picked up Castle of Shikigami 2 for $4.99 GREAT top down shooter, LOVE it !! And Neo Geo Battle Coliseum was another steal @ $4.99. (side note my friend grabed OKAGE for 4.00 bucks super steal!!)
IMG
IMG
You're Already Dead !!!

TheClash603

I honestly didn't know Neo Geo Battle Coliseum existed.  Once you play it, let me know if it is any good.

shonenx

I enjoyed it !! its a pretty good game from SNK especially for 4 bucks . Word is that its dropin on Xbox live arcade (prob. PSN also) this year with KOF SkyStage a awesome top down scrolling shooter(yeah  u read that right a KOF shooter)
You're Already Dead !!!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jboypacman

Did a little trade today and got the following....

Excaliber Electronic Tabletop Space Invaders game

DeadlyMoves and Mystic Defender-Sega Genesis

Shinobi and Rastan-Sega Master System

NES w/ Kabuki Quantum Fighter,Mickey Mousecapade and Ikari Warriors

Turbografx-16 w/Aero Blasters

RoyVegas

Quote from: jboypacman on 02/17/2010, 03:30 PMTurbografx-16 w/Aero Blasters
Aero Blasters is badass, good luck on the last stage.  It's sheer hell.
All is well. :)

jboypacman

Quote from: RoyVegas on 02/17/2010, 04:28 PM
Quote from: jboypacman on 02/17/2010, 03:30 PMTurbografx-16 w/Aero Blasters
Aero Blasters is badass, good luck on the last stage.  It's sheer hell.
Thanks for the luck Roy from the sounds of it i will need it lol.

Now that i have a T-16 again i will have to keep my eyes out for some games on the cheap when i have some extra cash again.

nectarsis

NecroPhile

Kawa No Nushi Tsuri, the fishing game, eh?  Let us know what you think of that one, nectarsis.

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 02/17/2010, 05:44 PMKawa No Nushi Tsuri, the fishing game, eh?  Let us know what you think of that one, nectarsis.
Fishing RPG!?!?!  It should be interesting at least  :-k :lol:

TR0N

Quote from: nectarsis on 02/17/2010, 05:28 PMIMG
Congrats you finally got the samurai shodown anthology beats getting it off from evilbay huh  :wink:
IMG

NecroPhile

These came in the mail over the last few days:

TG-16:
New Adventure Island

DVD:
The Woods
Red Dwarf VII
Family Guy vol. 6

jboypacman

Nothing too exciting in the mail box today just a copy of Pac-Mania for the Sega Genesis.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 02/18/2010, 09:46 AMThese came in the mail over the last few days:

TG-16:
New Adventure Island
New Adventure Island!! Definitely one of the coolest Hueys on the block.

Here's some things I've picked up over the last couple weeks:

World Sports Competition (loosey goosey from teh Sparkster)
Phantasy Star 0 DS (lovin' it)
Mariokart DS (managed to snag it cheap off eBay)
Valis IV (for some reason I always assumed it was a SuperCD  :-k)

IMG
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Senshi on 02/14/2010, 09:27 PMThanks deadite. Great pickup by the way. Here's mine. Double Dragon II for PCE-SCD. I used to play this on nintendo constantly.
Nice! It's a great port, but the music's gotta go. It's annoying hearing a rape victim in stage 1 BGM

Senshi

Lol...yea the music is pretty weird. It made me feel like I was in an 80's movie.

Sparky

I picked up some retro goodness... a nice 1984 transformer wallet with a holographic front to it, all plastic!!! hahahaha, i love it

also...
NES... Urban Champion
PSP... Children of the Corn & labyrinth
PS2.. Sealed sony headset

IMG

shonenx

Quote from: guest on 02/18/2010, 09:46 AMThese came in the mail over the last few days:

TG-16:
New Adventure Island

TG-16:
New Adventure Island

DVD:
The Woods
Red Dwarf VII
Family Guy vol. 6
I LOVE RED DWARF. Rimmers such Sme.. Smeee... Smeeee.... Smeeeeee.... SMEGHEAD!!
You're Already Dead !!!

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 02/18/2010, 09:47 PMI picked up some retro goodness... a nice 1984 transformer wallet with a holographic front to it, all plastic!!! hahahaha, i love it
IMG
Me too!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

esteban

Quote from: Senshi on 02/18/2010, 08:47 PMLol...yea the music is pretty weird. It made me feel like I was in an 80's movie.
Aha! Yet one more chance to recycle an old thread:

In defense of Double Dragon II's Red Book Soundtrack

Yes, I even typed out the lyrics for "Hot Wild", one of my favorite tracks of all time, across all systems, across all eras, across all cosmos*...

NOTE: For the record, I'll allow Ninja Spirit's critique of stage 1's music from Double Dragon II.

* What is the plural for "cosmos"? I was too lazy to look it up.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

hoobs88

cos·mos   /ˈkɒzməs, -moʊs/  Spelled[koz-muhs, -mohs]
–noun,plural-mos, -mos·es
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

NecroPhile

Cosmo (singular), Cosmos (plural):

Shake 1 oz vodka, 1/2 oz triple sec, 1/2 oz lime juice, and 1/2 oz cranberry juice vigorously in a shaker with crushed ice.  Strain into a martini glass, garnish with a thin lime slice on the rim, serve, and wait for the panties to drop.

jboypacman

In the mail box yesterday...

Blip! The Digital Game from TOMY

Samurai Showdown,Frogger and X-Men for the Sega Genesis

720,Monster Rancher Battle Card,Penguin Wars and Oddworld Adventures for the GameBoy

Gameboy Advance w/Astro Boy

Jumbo Jet Pilot for Atari 8-bit computer

Plus while i was at my Michigan Classic Gamers Group Meeting i got a replacement set of Atari 2600 Driving Paddles

TheClash603

I picked up Baku Baku, Tetris +, and Clockwork Knight for my Sega Saturn today.  Felt pretty good about the haul for $18!