@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opethian

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/05/2010, 11:16 AMgot this box set today but I don't think I'll have much time to watch since cousin coming over to stay with me for a while..
/IMG_4782.jpg
awesome collection! Too bad its missing Rashoman (personal kurosawa favorite) If you havent seen Harakiri (Seppuku) I highly recommend it!
IMG

turbogrfxfan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120601761666&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT    im pretty happy.  I think i made out pretty good.  what do you guys yhink?         oh also can you guys tell me if I need a receiver for every wireless or do i need just one?
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

NecroPhile

Not a bad deal for a wireless pad and tap set.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Turbo D

good deal considering I paid around double; my set was new though and shipped from Japan, so go figure. If you're wondering, I bought it from that expensive dude with the gay pink backgrounds on ebay; I think his name is Yoshi or something like that.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: turbo D on 08/05/2010, 07:12 PMgood deal considering I paid around double; my set was new though and shipped from Japan, so go figure. If you're wondering, I bought it from that expensive dude with the gay pink backgrounds on ebay; I think his name is Yoshi or something like that.
do they work well?

Turbo D

Not too well, but they get the job done. You kinda have to point them at the receiver. They made my journey through the Ys games a lot funner that it would have been with a cord 8).
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

henrycsc

Good Price Turbo, you'll have to let us know what you think once you get em.  :)
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

hoobs88

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 08/05/2010, 06:45 PMhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120601761666&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT    im pretty happy.  I think i made out pretty good.  what do you guys yhink?         oh also can you guys tell me if I need a receiver for every wireless or do i need just one?
You only need 1 Receiver for up to 5 wireless controllers.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

NecroPhile

If anyone's looking to get a wireless tap and pad, NCSX has brand new PI-PD11 sets available for $63.90 plus shipping.  You'll be hard pressed to find a better deal than that, though I bought mine from them for less than half that..... in 1997.  :D

JapanTokei

turbo - nice price for the receiver + pad set for sure.  The cheapest I've seen them on YahooJP is also around 5000 yen, so you made out great!

below is my latest confirmed purchase - loosey Hueys which cost $105 shipped total.  I finally get my Coryoon!!   :dance:
This will likely end my YahooJP auction buyings for a long while.  I can't handle this nutty 85 yen:$1 USD BS exchange rate... it's too pricey.  I'll have to wait for the right time to nab the Madou Monogatari...  :|

IMG

Opethian

IMG

turbogrfxfan

lol every one of those games are on my list!   

i got my cotton, jj and jeff, lost sun heart and INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   if you guys do nt have a copy of insanity.  go and get one nows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

blueraven

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 08/07/2010, 12:43 PMlol every one of those games are on my list!  

i got my cotton, jj and jeff, lost sun heart and INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   if you guys do nt have a copy of insanity.  go and get one nows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I see Ark's spelling is rubbing off, lol.

BUY NAO BAI

Pre-Ordered Ys7 and Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: blueraven on 08/07/2010, 02:10 PM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 08/07/2010, 12:43 PMlol every one of those games are on my list!  

i got my cotton, jj and jeff, lost sun heart and INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   if you guys do nt have a copy of insanity.  go and get one nows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I see Ark's spelling is rubbing off, lol.

BUY NAO BAI

Pre-Ordered Ys7 and Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles
man i gotta get my hands on ys 7s

henrycsc

Wanted:

BlueBMW

Where did those come from henry?  I need a copy of dead moon... maybe not a sealed one tho!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

Quote from: henrycsc on 08/07/2010, 02:59 PMToday's Prize: /p8070327.jpg
How much did that set you back and where did you find it?  :shock:

henrycsc

I got it from www.moeroshop.net, but it appears it was the only one they had.
Wanted:

Joe Redifer

"Speed" - 35mm - Scope - Dolby Digital - DTS

IMG

Total cost $0.  It was even delivered to me for free at my convenience.

JapanTokei

Cool, Joe! 
Now the big question - what are you going to do with that?  Do you even have a reel to play that?  Or maybe you already bought a setup for it just so you can look at a young Sandra Bullock? lol

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/09/2010, 12:51 AM"Speed" - 35mm - Scope - Dolby Digital - DTS

IMG

Total cost $0.  It was even delivered to me for free at my convenience.

Opethian

1. Watch Speed
2. Drink when anyone says "whoa"
3. ????
4. Profit
IMG

RR1980

Quote from: Opethian on 08/09/2010, 10:15 AM1. Watch Speed
3. ????
4. Profit
haha #3 should be "blast Ace of Base's The Sign in the background and party it up like it's 1994!"

henrycsc

#3 should be "blast Ace of Base's The Sign

This probably happens about 15 minutes in... after the 30th "whoa!" - see step #2

Cool find Joe!

Quote from: RR1980 on 08/09/2010, 11:44 AM
3. ????
4. Profit
haha #3 should be "blast Ace of Base's The Sign in the background and party it up like it's 1994!"
Wanted:

JapanTokei

hahahah, nice memories of the 90s indeed.  good times, good times. 

ace of base... grrrrrr.  dont get me started. 
How bout Beck - I'm a peredor or those never ending Collective Soul tracks.

nolstagia in full action!

Quote from: henrycsc on 08/09/2010, 07:08 PM#3 should be "blast Ace of Base's The Sign

This probably happens about 15 minutes in... after the 30th "whoa!" - see step #2

Cool find Joe!

Quote from: RR1980 on 08/09/2010, 11:44 AM
3. ????
4. Profit

Joe Redifer

Yes, I can watch it.  I don't think there is enough liquor in the city to make a drinking game out of it, though.  I will eventually profit since I got it for free.  1990's music means nothing to me as by then I was listening to videogame music almost all the time.

JapanTokei

So this is the Develo CD that came with one of my set hauls from Japan. 
I am not up to speed on the history of these, but I know it was made for homebrew fans for PCE back in the days.
I also know there were mags for these.

This CD is pretty cool.  It has playable demos of Fray, Popful Mail.  then 2 homebrew games, one is a doggie one which is really fun (you jump to catch frisbees, it's all timing), the other one is a bad Zaxxon wannabe.  There are 2 more options - one is a CG, or fan art, but I can only see one ugly picture and no others.  The last one, I have no idea.. i clicked it and it showed almost like a DOS screen.. and nothing happens. 

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

yeah, it came with the PCE FAN mook vol 1. i have both complete. on the 2nd, the legendary and quite searched motteke tamago is on.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

JapanTokei

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/10/2010, 09:29 AMyeah, it came with the PCE FAN mook vol 1. i have both complete. on the 2nd, the legendary and quite searched motteke tamago is on.
Thx Tats for the explaination!  I got the Motteke too :), but I havent figured out how to play it... it's hard! I expected Bomberman with Ducks but clearly there are more to the eggs etc..

damn I can't type with this chicklet keyboard that is on the new pc laptop of my wfe's

Tatsujin

you need to collect as much eggs as possible and arise the lil' duck babies. who has the most babies at the end is the winner. you can steal 'em from the others (so can they from you) or search 'em in the bushes.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tolvatar

There is a translated version of Motteke Tamago by Dave Shadoff
Just in case you want to know what are you doing.
Hope it helps

The file i have is Motteke Tamago (Japan) [En by Dave Shadoff v1.0]
I suppose it can be found easily on the net.

If you don´t find it and want if, just contact me.

JapanTokei

Thx man!  I will look it up and if I can't find it I'll def. ping ya.

On the Develo disc 1, I like that Doggie-catch-frisbee game a lot actually!  Anyone play it before and also found it enjoyable? 

Quote from: Tolvatar on 08/11/2010, 06:13 PMThere is a translated version of Motteke Tamago by Dave Shadoff
Just in case you want to know what are you doing.
Hope it helps

The file i have is Motteke Tamago (Japan) [En by Dave Shadoff v1.0]
I suppose it can be found easily on the net.

If you don´t find it and want if, just contact me.

Tatsujin

Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/11/2010, 09:01 PMAnyone play it before and also found it enjoyable? 
yep & yep.

termis

I got a USB saturn controller as a birthday gift.  The thing is fricken awesome -- mk2 saturn controllers are my favorite controllers ever!  To test it, I went and downloaded ootake (which blows away ME, BTW) & tried some PCE games on the laptop, and controls are smooth as butter.

After all these years of disappointing joypads for the computer (starting from the original Gravis Pad), digital pads never quite felt right on PCs, until today.  I'm actually transferring my comic fantasy 2 save files from my Duo over to the PC using nanami bank and will continue the game on the laptop...  :D

IMG

BlackandBlue

Quote from: termis on 08/14/2010, 07:35 AMI got a USB saturn controller as a birthday gift.  The thing is fricken awesome -- mk2 saturn controllers are my favorite controllers ever!  To test it, I went and downloaded ootake (which blows away ME, BTW) & tried some PCE games on the laptop, and controls are smooth as butter.

After all these years of disappointing joypads for the computer (starting from the original Gravis Pad), digital pads never quite felt right on PCs, until today.  I'm actually transferring my comic fantasy 2 save files from my Duo over to the PC using nanami bank and will continue the game on the laptop...  :D
I've been looking at those for months. I bought some Saturn to ps2 converter and connected that to a ps2 to USB. I did that so I can use my Saturn fighting sticks with my MAME pc.

I still may pickup one of these in white ;)
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Digi.k

Quote from: termis on 08/14/2010, 07:35 AMI got a USB saturn controller as a birthday gift.  The thing is fricken awesome -- mk2 saturn controllers are my favorite controllers ever!
I would love to try that thing on MAME and other emulators.. :o

slightly less exciting..

got korean version of Yasujiro Ozu's 1953 movie; Tokyo Story

and one of my favourite movie's of the 80's..Something Wild

/IMG_4834.jpg

Tatsujin

I bought:

two US lynx games for 3 bucks each (in a HO, LOL).
a 2nd GBA SP for the lil (in case he will broke the 1st one)
two WS(C) games for chop
final romance 2 ( a 18+ arcade mah jong game from video system) for SS
and a strange SFC game

Opethian

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/14/2010, 01:32 PM
Quote from: termis on 08/14/2010, 07:35 AMI got a USB saturn controller as a birthday gift.  The thing is fricken awesome -- mk2 saturn controllers are my favorite controllers ever!
I would love to try that thing on MAME and other emulators.. :o

slightly less exciting..

got korean version of Yasujiro Ozu's 1953 movie; Tokyo Story

and one of my favourite movie's of the 80's..Something Wild

/IMG_4834.jpg
Tokyo Story is a great film. Oh man Melanie Grifith looks hot in black bangs!!!
IMG

Ninja Spirit

IMG

Digi.k

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 08/14/2010, 07:44 PMIMG
oooo if only it was the MPEG version and you had the MPEG card :Q

turbogrfxfan

i got aero blasters for 10 bucks :D

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 08/15/2010, 12:35 PMi got aero blasters for 10 bucks :D
Nicely done! Loosey goosey or complete? TG or PCE? Answer me now! heh
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

turbogrfxfan

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Opethian

IMG

TheClash603

They needed more co-op shmups on the TG16.  Good pick up!

blueraven

The first three Calvin & Hobbes books for $4 apiece at a used book store.

A copy of Bonks revenge, loose for $5 shipped.

:mrgreen:

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/15/2010, 12:03 PM
I assumed they were pretty hard to come by.....so I settled for less.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 08/15/2010, 05:57 PM
Quote from: Digi.k on 08/15/2010, 12:03 PM
I assumed they were pretty hard to come by.....so I settled for less.
awesome system  if I was to get another system thats prolly the one

NecroPhile

Bomberman - boxed, complete, and minty fresh for $16.50.

henrycsc

Got a boxed Duo RX and some games from Rockabilly - Thanks man!  Will post pics when I'm done with my big project!

Custom window clings:

/clingzonk.jpg
/clingtg16.jpg
/clingexpress.jpg
/clingduo.jpg
/clingbonk.jpg

I also posted this in the what do you drive thread, but they can be used on any flat glass surface. 
TG16 is 3"x4"
Bonk & Zonk are 3"x3"
No they aren't official, but I did order extra of them if anyone wants to do a trade.
Wanted: