10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 02/11/2011, 12:53 PMLazy Game Review of Cho Aniki
I never watched any LGR stuff before. It was entertaining. I'm going to see how LGR's other reviews are.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Vecanti

MotherGunner

Not sure if this was posted already.  But cool sound setup playing Dracula X Stage 2
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Vecanti

RR1980

Quote from: Mathius on 02/08/2011, 08:58 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/08/2011, 03:16 PMWaynes World 2011!!
That was great!

I miss the 90s. :(
yeah it's weird they look exactly the same as they did back in the day but that got me thinking about the one they did with Madonna and how Madonna now looks *nothing* like she did in that skit hehe

Mathius

Quote from: RR1980 on 02/17/2011, 04:25 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 02/08/2011, 08:58 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/08/2011, 03:16 PMWaynes World 2011!!
That was great!

I miss the 90s. :(
yeah it's weird they look exactly the same as they did back in the day but that got me thinking about the one they did with Madonna and how Madonna now looks *nothing* like she did in that skit hehe
The ironies of plastic surgery. :lol:

esteban

Joe Redifer

Not sure if this has been posted here before, but check out this camcorder footage from the 1991 Summer CES
And 1992

guyjin

Mathius

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/24/2011, 08:34 PMNot sure if this has been posted here before, but check out this camcorder footage from the 1991 Summer CES
And 1992
OH MY GOD! I love these! I have to re-watch them, later, but for now, let me just say that I totally love this gentleman's jacket:

IMG

IMG

:)

Mathius

Yeah, I noticed that guy too. Nice to see that something like that in this sea of suits.

bartre

this freaking song won't get out of my head.
enjoy!

Joe Redifer

What shitty-ass retard game is that?  Why is Sega's name attached to it?  These are the same people who once brought us friggin' Shinobi?  Oh my.

TR0N

In a retirement home far,far away  :lol:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/26/2011, 04:49 AMWhat shitty-ass retard game is that?  Why is Sega's name attached to it?  These are the same people who once brought us friggin' Shinobi?  Oh my.
Geez!  :-& I don't want to ever see that again, Sega! Ever!

bartre

Actually, the game is pretty fun, it's just that one fucking song that won't get out of my head.

Vecanti

I remember reading about this in EGM back in ~1991/1992. 
What exactly was this?  Something like MPEG-1/VideoCD?

/29983669.jpg
/26461176.jpg

guyjin

Neil Cicerega finds weird stuff in his Gameboy.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: bartre on 02/26/2011, 06:46 PMActually, the game is pretty fun, it's just that one fucking song that won't get out of my head.
But what game is it?

bartre

hatsune miku project Diva 2nd
just your basic rhythm game, time button presses of the face buttons with the screen cues.
nothing groundbreaking, but the difficulty curve is just about perfect, so it progresses nicely

Joe Redifer

Is it a pre-Dreamcast game or something?  Graphics look pretty old.

bartre

it's for psp, don't know exactly when it came out

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: GobanToba on 02/27/2011, 01:14 AMI remember reading about this in EGM back in ~1991/1992. 
What exactly was this?  Something like MPEG-1/VideoCD?

/29983669.jpg

/26461176.jpg
Here's some information from TurboPlay's coverage of 1991's CES:

https://archives.tg-16.com/turbo_play_0005.htm#t08

It would be interesting how NID compared to MPEG-1 and company.

bartre

and now to confuse you guys even more

Joe Redifer

Do people actually find characters like that appealing?  Obviously they do, but can anyone tell me what, exactly, is appealing about something that looks like that?

bartre

y'know, i enjoy anime quite a bit.
but that last video was just too much.
allow me to say this
"GOOD FUCKING GOD, JAPAN.  THAT WAS JUST TOO WEIRD."

TR0N

Quote from: bartre on 03/01/2011, 07:33 PMand now to confuse you guys even more
Ok now that creeps me out hmmm for a popstar that's not even real !?
IMG

Joe Redifer

I'm not talking about anime in general, but the hyper-cute style like you linked to.

And yes, Japan is messed up.

TR0N

IMG

Tornados

Only for KISS fans, a very funny moment :)

geise

Winnebago Man!!!
:lol:

Sorry if this was posted before

God my sides are sore.

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: bartre on 03/01/2011, 07:33 PMand now to confuse you guys even more
Isn't that the same technology they used for the Gorillaz playing live a few years ago? Something to do with digital projection on layered plastic sheets, etc...?

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

blueraven

EVERYONE FAVORITE: THE Vii!!
or the "Chitendo" as people have been calling it.

Makes me want a game.com :roll:

Best part: the surprise ending!!

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

guyjin

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

TR0N

IMG

anRPGlegend

Im the guy with the dyed blonde hair. We are from miami

Vecanti

Quote from: anRPGlegend on 03/15/2011, 03:21 AM
Im the guy with the dyed blonde hair. We are from miami
I'm the ice cream!!  JK, I wish though! :)  Great vid!

anRPGlegend

Thanks dude^ add me on facebook WILLIAM EL MAGNIFICO

"william the magnificent"

JoshTurboTrollX

Me sucking it up at Image Fight II
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/19/2011, 03:17 PMMe sucking it up at Image Fight II
Man! I've got to repair that duo for you!!   ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

tstar is that you? I thought it was shubibinman from france lol
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/20/2011, 12:45 AM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/19/2011, 03:17 PMMe sucking it up at Image Fight II
Man! I've got to repair that duo for you!!   ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
LOL, its on and off- if I did a gameplay vid of Dungeon Explorer II I would be able to play for hours without issues!!  Its crazy like that. 

BMW you are too cool!

Quote from: Opethian on 03/20/2011, 01:08 AMtstar is that you? I thought it was shubibinman from france lol
lol, pcengine-fx.com (JoshTurboTrollX-16) = youtube.com(shubibinman)  confused yet?  ;)

Mathius

Here is a neat comparison vid for Golden Axe. It takes you through all the versions! The most striking thing is that the Atari ST, Amiga, and Genesis versions share some of the same exact sound effects! Weird. I grew up with the Genesis version and recognized them immediately. Maybe it's the 68000? Does the Atari ST share the 68000 with the Genny and Amiga???

Joe Redifer

I think those versions just used digitized recordings of the Genesis sound effects.  That guy kind of sucks at playing Golden Axe, though.