RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mishran

Quote from: Mathius on 01/05/2012, 12:53 PM
Quote from: bartre on 01/05/2012, 11:59 AMthere was a jag version of flashback?
that might be the final push i needed to snap one up.
i think it'll have to wait though, maybe i'll snag one at MGC.
Yes there is! Some say it is the definitive version. And seeing as I am the worlds biggest Flashback fan (proven!) it is an easy win!
I alway got a kick out of the "CDROM game on a cartridge" quote in ads and on the box. Game was impressive for it's time, but I still prefer Blackthorne personally.

On a different note, got my games from JapanTokei in the mail today! Can't wait to play me some Double Dragon 2. :dance:

Mathius

Blackthorn is a game that I most definitely need to get. However, to get the best version I'll need to buy a 32X. Ugh.

SuperPlay

Todays items for the collection :@)

/capture1ph.jpg

BenG76

I got Elemental Master in the mail today from Opethian. Cant wait to check it out. Also picked up a Dragonball Z PS2 game today at Goodwill for $2.

munchiaz

esteban

Quote from: Mishran on 01/05/2012, 01:19 PMOn a different note, got my games from JapanTokei in the mail today! Can't wait to play me some Double Dragon 2. :dance:
You may or may not   become as enamored with Double Dragon II's soundtrack as I was.

Hot. Wild.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Opethian

IMG

Samurai Ghost

Mathius

Man! There are a lot of "Special" Hudson shooters going around the forum lately.

SuperDeadite

Been wanting a good stereo for a while now.  I couldn't resist this beautiful ghetto blaster. 
Made in 1978, still works 100%, and it's easily the best sounding system I've ever owned!

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Mathius

Strap that thing onto the side of your head and go struttin' through Tokyo. That'll show the Japanese what cool really is! :P

Bernie

Picked these up today.
/downsized_0106121407.jpg

roflmao

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 01/06/2012, 12:41 PMBeen wanting a good stereo for a while now.  I couldn't resist this beautiful ghetto blaster. 
Made in 1978, still works 100%, and it's easily the best sounding system I've ever owned!
That thing looks awesome!  Congrats.

bartre

Got a nice complete copy of Shockman yesterday, for less than $130
debating if i want the box though, might sell the box and tray and just put together a sparky case for myself

munchiaz

Quote from: bernielindell on 01/06/2012, 02:10 PMPicked these up today.
/downsized_0106121407.jpg
These need some goo gone love.

JapanTokei

Ope!  Enjoy that Gunhed special and make sure u give her lots of obey love that i couldn't!!

Quote from: Opethian on 01/05/2012, 08:44 PMIMG
woot beer!

BlueBMW

Sadly, not much new in the game department here :(

Did get some mods done on my airsoft gun :D  Not sure if anyone here is into paintball or airsoft tho...

/G36C-1.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Joe Redifer

That looks awesome... and painful to be on the receiving end.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/06/2012, 08:06 PMThat looks awesome... and painful to be on the receiving end.
Not usually on the receiving end... but I do a lot of delivering :twisted:

They actually seem to hurt less than paintball unless you are in close range, then they hurt more lol.  A LOT less messy though.  You dont go home covered in sticky slimy paint.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

roflmao

Excuse my ignorance, but does airsoft leave some sort of mark (like paintball paint) to show when you've been hit?  Or when you play is it based off the honor system?  That's a neat looking gun.  I wouldn't want to carry it around in public - it looks real to me. :)  I've always wanted to try paintball.  Heck even lasertag.  I didn't know airsoft guns were used like paintball.  I just thought you shot targets and cans and stuff with 'em.  :oops:

SuperDeadite

Quote from: guest on 01/06/2012, 10:32 PMExcuse my ignorance, but does airsoft leave some sort of mark (like paintball paint) to show when you've been hit?  Or when you play is it based off the honor system?  That's a neat looking gun.  I wouldn't want to carry it around in public - it looks real to me. :)  I've always wanted to try paintball.  Heck even lasertag.  I didn't know airsoft guns were used like paintball.  I just thought you shot targets and cans and stuff with 'em.  :oops:
Typically you aim for the eyes.  This way you don't have to worry about the honor system.  Also each person has two targets so you can take two hits before you're out.

roflmao

So do you wear targets that buzz or something when you're hit?  Or do you just shout out "Ouch! F@%K!" when you're hit?

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 01/06/2012, 10:32 PMExcuse my ignorance, but does airsoft leave some sort of mark (like paintball paint) to show when you've been hit?  Or when you play is it based off the honor system?  That's a neat looking gun.  I wouldn't want to carry it around in public - it looks real to me. :)  I've always wanted to try paintball.  Heck even lasertag.  I didn't know airsoft guns were used like paintball.  I just thought you shot targets and cans and stuff with 'em.  :oops:
They dont leave a physical paint splat like paintball does so it is an honor system... but since pretty much all the guns are full auto, when you start getting hit you'll yell out that you are hit to stop the rain of bb's hehe.  

Paintball is a lot of fun, but airsoft is quickly overtaking paintball.   The guns are comparably priced, but cheaper to operate.  They also look a lot cooler than most paintball markers and you dont go home nearly as dirty.  Now if you do a lot of diving into brush and crawling around, you'll get dirty, but not the sticky nasty paint all over you dirty that you get with paintball. :D

Paintball, you have to get your air tanks filled each time and paintballs themselves expire after a while.  With airsoft, your gun typically uses a battery you charge at home (there are some green gas powered weapons, mostly sidearms though)  and the plastic bb's are cheap and dont degrade like paintballs do.  So once you've got a gun, its very inexpensive to play.

Like paintball, you can spend a little or a lot on a gun.  The cheap $20 to $50 walmart airsoft guns are very low end and wouldn't hold up in a real game... there are guns for around $150 or so that are perfectly servicable though.  They are typically considered entry level, but in the right hands can hold their own against people with much more expensive guns.   My gun is a KWA G36C and is considered a mid/high end gun.  Most mid/high end guns run in the $250 to $400 range.  Upgrades are available to tailor your gun to whatever style you like to play.  

Like my gun, I spent about $50 on a red dot sight, another $40 on the suppressor and $35 on a longer, tighter bore barrel.  The suppressor is there for looks and to house the longer barrel (which provides a little more accuracy over stock)

All in all its a lot of fun and for a geek like me its good physical outdoorsy exercise of which i get very little of hehe.

This is an extreme example of some airsoft play (they've got a ton of people AND money) but gives an idea of what its like:
That minigun they use there... yeah its about $3500 lol.

With all that said... back to the video game haulies!!! :D

roflmao

Thanks for the info!  Sorry for feeding the non-gaming tangent everyone! 

Btw, Blue, I hope that's considered extreme. :P  A helicopter with a mounted gatling gun? ...yeah. :D  Looks like fun!  We should have an annual PCEFX airsoft meetup.

TheClash603

Finally my Turbo gaming on my Laseractive can be authentic, even if I have four friends over!

/img5300hk.jpg

**EDIT**

LOL - I never knew before looking at that picture that there is actually a variation between the TG16 and the PC-Engine Laseractive controllers.  I just looked at my two Genesis/MD controllers, and they looked identical.  Does anyone know if there is any distinct markings between the U.S. and Japanese versions of the Sega controllers, or are they all the same?

Sparky

Beamer that looks fun man, did Modernwarfare 3 get you thinking about doing something like that? :)

For me i got a good haul of stuff today locally... picked up for the Genny a Menacer gun, also an Activator which i did not know existed... It is basically an infrared over sized motion controller that you stand inside of that will work with any genny game :) i bet it was a flop back then but pretty cool... got a few carts like streets of rage 2 and toe jam and earl and a kid fav cartoon series Rocket Robin Hood <<cool pose>>

IMG
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 01/07/2012, 05:28 PMBeamer that looks fun man, did Modernwarfare 3 get you thinking about doing something like that? :)
I played years ago, but then all the people I played with kind of disappeared.  Only recently did I discover that some of the people I worked with played so that's why I got back into it :D

Clash, nice LA pads :D  You're officially a hoarder of rare goods!

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/07/2012, 05:32 PMClash, nice LA pads :D  You're officially a hoarder of rare goods!
AKA - I'm the only one that wanted 5 of them.  Now I just need to get 4 other people over here that actually want to use them!

My next goal is to coax someone into painting a Duo Tap black and putting a Laseractive logo on it.  I would do it myself, but I am horrible at stuff like that.

hoobs88

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/07/2012, 06:28 PMMy next goal is to coax someone into painting a Duo Tap black and putting a Laseractive logo on it.  I would do it myself, but I am horrible at stuff like that.
Couldn't you just swap the black casing from a Turbo Tap with the white casing of a Duo Tap? Or do the controller ports not match up since one is a mini din plug and the other is a full din?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

bartre

well, I've got a pce tap for my duo-r, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work like that, though i haven't tried.

TheClash603

What type of paint would work good on the Duo Tap plastic?  Anyone have a suggestion?  Maybe I can do it myself...

BlueBMW

i can probably get you a laseractive badge for it...

bartre

the *best* way to do it, in my experience is to take it apart, wash the plastic like a dish (by hand) and then use plastic model spray paint to do several thin, even coats.
if you can't find any model paint at a decent price, krylon does a pretty good dedicated plastic series, I believe it's called krylon fusion

MotherGunner

I play airsoft at the old U.S. Army Ft. Ord base in Monterey CA.  I roll with a Tokyo Marui Sopmod M4.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Samurai Ghost

Damn, nice collection of LA pads! I see you have a couple still with the scratch guard on it. One of those new/unused popped up on Yahoo Auctions Japan recently and it sold for over 100 bucks!

Here's some stuff that arrived in the past couple days (lower half of the pic). Another Wondermega (check his bro up top!) which came with a few Mega CD classics. Star Parodier and a copy of Spriggan with a less faded cover. Also some more Saturn arcade games; trying to collect the best arcade ports to the Saturn so I can hook two of them up to some Astro City cabs one day (one horizontal, one vertical) in my dream game room/mini-arcade. Just need a place with more space!

/gamecorner.jpg

TheClash603

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 01/08/2012, 06:56 AMDamn, nice collection of LA pads! I see you have a couple still with the scratch guard on it. One of those new/unused popped up on Yahoo Auctions Japan recently and it sold for over 100 bucks!
Ooops, probably shouldn't have peeled the TG16 scratch guard off of the one controller I had.  Ohh well, it looks better without it.  If I ever have 5 people over to actually go at it all at once, I'll probably pull the last one off too, lol.

Your Wondermega looks very nice!  Despite what everyone says, I have a soft spot for FMV games, and I love Night Trap!  When you play that game in its Japanese release, is it subbed or dubbed?

SuperDeadite

people care about those stupid plastic covers? i hate them, i take them off of every controller.  even when i'm in stores if there is a loose controller in a basket, i take off the plastic. so ugly

BlueBMW

Its kind of funny with those plastic covers... people leave them on so that the controller stays nice and pretty... but while the plastic is on there it looks terrible.  Kind of defeats the point.

TheClash603

Agree, those look terrible.  My girlfriend didn't take the plastic off her iPhone 4s for like 2 weeks, and when she wasn't looking, I took it off.  She was so pissed at me, but it looked like shit before that!

PunkCryborg

my mega maunty haul today!
/img0038800x533.jpg

express is beautiful, not a smudge on the screen but needs new caps. Also case is super funky but fits perfectly and has a spot for games on the front even!
/img0037800x533.jpg

most of these are dupes for me but i cant wait to play that cadash and chase HQ, plus lots of empty cases for better games to go in!
/img0036800x533.jpg

thats arcus odyssey, herzog zwei, alisia dragon and el viento, all AWESOME games
/img0047800x533.jpg

munchiaz

^nice stuff there. My sega cd model 2 stopped working on me last night. at least i think it was last night. It was working the last time i played it. Gunna try to fix it soon. Anyway heres my pickups from yesterday.

The Phantom brave is sealed.
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/08/2012, 03:29 AMI play airsoft at the old U.S. Army Ft. Ord base in Monterey CA.  I roll with a Tokyo Marui Sopmod M4.
Very nice :D  Glad to know I'm not the only player on here :P

Lilgrafx

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/08/2012, 09:08 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/08/2012, 03:29 AMI play airsoft at the old U.S. Army Ft. Ord base in Monterey CA.  I roll with a Tokyo Marui Sopmod M4.
I don't have a gun but all my friends spends a shit ton of money on stuff and I'll play with them quite a bit.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 01/08/2012, 10:10 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/08/2012, 09:08 PM
I don't have a gun but all my friends spends a shit ton of money on stuff and I'll play with them quite a bit.
Its an expensive hobby.... almost as bad as obscure video game collecting...

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/08/2012, 08:53 PM^nice stuff there. My sega cd model 2 stopped working on me last night. at least i think it was last night. It was working the last time i played it. Gunna try to fix it soon. Anyway heres my pickups from yesterday.

IMG
Nice you picked up psychonauts a hidden gem from the last gen of consoles.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 01/08/2012, 11:54 AMpeople care about those stupid plastic covers? i hate them, i take them off of every controller.  even when i'm in stores if there is a loose controller in a basket, i take off the plastic. so ugly
That sucks you do that to controllers in the shops. It should be up to the person who buys it. The point is to protect the plastic until you decide to use it.

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/08/2012, 11:59 AMIts kind of funny with those plastic covers... people leave them on so that the controller stays nice and pretty... but while the plastic is on there it looks terrible.  Kind of defeats the point.
Yeah, I can't stand people who use stuff with it still on there. If you are paranoid about scratching it you can buy a scratch guard or something. But buying a controller with one on it is great. Usually means it's unused, or at the very least it will be shiny and new looking when you peel it off and use the thing. I have around 20 PCE controllers, so the ones I have with plastic still on there I leave on until I decide to sell them or use them.

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/09/2012, 01:57 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 01/08/2012, 08:53 PM^nice stuff there. My sega cd model 2 stopped working on me last night. at least i think it was last night. It was working the last time i played it. Gunna try to fix it soon. Anyway heres my pickups from yesterday.

IMG
Nice you picked up psychonauts a hidden gem from the last gen of consoles.
indeed it is. one of my fav ps2 games

roflmao

Sparky

Look what sparky got in the mail yesterday and i had no clue this was coming to me  :oops:, i do not even recognize the persons name on the envelope  :-k
Damn it, who are you? and thank you very much for the smiles i got when i came home from work... It had a message on the front of the envelope <<obey inside>> :)

<<huggles>>

IMG

roflmao

Perhaps you got some coal in your stocking as well?  Either way, congrats!