RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMF

Awesome pickups. I see a PC Engine Magical Chase also.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

bartre

nice pickups, I just got Phantasy star 2 and 3 for myself the other day.
and i've got a copy of Riot zone on it's way to me, really looking forward to that

Shrapnoid

Quote from: bartre on 02/23/2012, 03:51 PMnice pickups, I just got Phantasy star 2 and 3 for myself the other day.
and i've got a copy of Riot zone on it's way to me, really looking forward to that
Riot Zone is good. Much better than the arcade version.

nectarsis

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/22/2012, 10:20 PMNectaris, how is MVC3?  I am thinking of getting 3 new games this week, because of the buy two get one free at target.
Just tried it out for a bit.   So far it's fast fun, fluid controls, great visuals.  I saw you ordered Blazblue...that was what I wanted, but no one had it in stock (in store). :\
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

TR0N

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/23/2012, 08:21 PM
Quote from: bartre on 02/23/2012, 03:51 PMnice pickups, I just got Phantasy star 2 and 3 for myself the other day.
:lol: :lol: How it can be it better when it lacks 2ps....
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SMF

Quote from: TR0N on 02/24/2012, 01:02 AM
LOL For a system that pushed the Turbo Tap they sure didnt think about multiplayer outside of the Sports games.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

TR0N

Quote from: SMF on 02/24/2012, 01:06 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 02/24/2012, 01:02 AM
LOL For a system that pushed the Turbo Tap they sure didnt think about multiplayer outside of the Sports games.
I just see it as a no,no when it comes to beat'em ups.
IMG

ApolloBoy

Went on Yahoo Japan last night and managed to snag three MSX games (Knightmare, Hyper Olympic 2 and Yie-Ar Kung Fu 2) for 1000 yen. I also picked up this interesting MSX controller for 1280 yen, this should look a little familiar...
IMG
IMG

Opethian

lol a sony NES MAX!! is that only turbo on I and not II?
IMG

ApolloBoy

Quote from: Opethian on 02/24/2012, 04:41 PMlol a sony NES MAX!! is that only turbo on I and not II?
Looks like it, I'll figure it out once it arrives. I'm kinda hoping it's a switch and not a button like the Max, otherwise playing two-button games will be somewhat awkward...
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: soop on 02/23/2012, 11:13 AM
Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 02/23/2012, 08:45 AMThe Saturn was ... $11 shipped. Love Japan prices sometimes.
LMFAO!!!  I'd build a house out of 'em!
they're actually cheaper here than bricks. most loose saturns you can get for the 3 bucks.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/24/2012, 10:48 PM
Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 02/23/2012, 08:45 AMThe Saturn was ... $11 shipped. Love Japan prices sometimes.
they're actually cheaper here than bricks. most loose saturns you can get for the 3 bucks.
Damn! Where is this again!?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/24/2012, 11:17 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/24/2012, 10:48 PM
Damn! Where is this again!?
Just Japan in general. Saturns are pretty much given away, aside from some of the limited models, Hi-Saturns, etc.

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

The only import Saturn I'd want is a "This is Cool" model simply for the cheese factor.

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/25/2012, 10:23 AMThe only import Saturn I'd want is a "This is Cool" model simply for the cheese factor.
Just for you Joe:

/thisiscool2.jpg

Joe Redifer

Tatsujin

Joe Redifer

Turbotracks

The system lid says it all!  My pick up for the day is Might and Magic III that I probably paid way too much for.  #-o
Thunderbolts first down!

Bernie

Quote from: Turbotracks on 02/25/2012, 05:02 PMThe system lid says it all!  My pick up for the day is Might and Magic III that I probably paid way too much for.  #-o
What ya give for it?  I paid dearly for my copy too.....

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/25/2012, 03:26 PMEven the cartridge is cool.
And I found the perfect ashtray to go with that Saturn:

IMG

Which is much better than this ashtray, IMHO:

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Turbotracks

Thunderbolts first down!

Bernie

Quote from: Turbotracks on 02/25/2012, 06:02 PM$150  ](*,)
Wow.  That is not too bad at all.  Dont kick yourself too hard, I paid almost 100.00 more than that......  So kick me...

Lilgrafx

Though many of you think it stupid to spend money on boxes, but I went down to a local store and spent $8 a piece on Ninja Spirit, Tiger Road, and Vigilante boxes.

Bernie

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/25/2012, 08:13 PMThough many of you think it stupid to spend money on boxes I went down to a local store and spent $8 a piece on Ninja Spirit, Tiger Road, and Vigilante boxes.
I dont find that stupid at all.  Seems reasonable actually.  :)

Turbotracks

I agree, good buy on the boxes.
Thunderbolts first down!

TheClash603

BlueBMW

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/25/2012, 09:12 PMIsn't Vigilante $15 CIB?
Probably... but its only maybe $5 for the hucard case and manual :lol:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

munchiaz

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 02/25/2012, 11:30 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/25/2012, 10:23 AMThe only import Saturn I'd want is a "This is Cool" model simply for the cheese factor.
Just for you Joe:

/thisiscool2.jpg
u got some sanwa buttons in there ?

Samurai Ghost

Just the stock buttons as for as I know. Picked up this boxed Virtua Stick this week and it seems to be stock. Love the controller though! Almost as good as the custom made one I made for myself that's sitting in my parent's garage 5,000 miles from here.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/25/2012, 03:26 PMEven the cartridge is cool.
I just peeled the label off a standard 4meg RAM cart. The color is almost the same as the system so I though it would look Cool. And It is COOL.

PunkCryborg

Phillips/Magnavox cdi from a thrift store, works great.
/img0206800x533.jpg

Scart to BNC breakout board for playing in RGB on my PVM monitor. This thing works great and all I did was buy cables and plug it in. My Duo R was RGB modded from DoujinDance and it works great. No problems, just plug and play. Really demystified the whole RGB thing.
/img0209800x533.jpg

tsuran

IMG
Just a few recent pick ups  :P . I would like to one day do a custom genesis case out of a george forman grill, and use that game for display, heh.
Posting is overrated.

TR0N

Quote from: elabit on 02/26/2012, 07:22 PMPhillips/Magnavox cdi from a thrift store, works great.
/img0206800x533.jpg
My boy!!
IMG

Starfighter

Quote from: hoobs88 on 02/23/2012, 12:23 AMIMG
I heard about those, they're supposed to be pretty good. At least after the circumstances!

Turbotracks

Factory sealed Dragon Spirit, Gunboat, and Falcon from the U.K.!
Thunderbolts first down!

Opethian

IMG

munchiaz

my recent pick ups. thanks to sharp for the final lap

IMG

roflmao

Quote from: munchiaz on 02/28/2012, 01:41 AMmy recent pick ups. thanks to sharp for the final lap
Wow, your copy of Dragonforce looks totally different than mine.  Mine has a red dragon on the disc and didn't come with a cart.  I wonder what the cart is for.  Very cool.

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 02/28/2012, 01:50 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 02/28/2012, 01:41 AMmy recent pick ups. thanks to sharp for the final lap
Wow, your copy of Dragonforce looks totally different than mine.  Mine has a red dragon on the disc and didn't come with a cart.  I wonder what the cart is for.  Very cool.
Working designs did variant art on there games. So there like 4 different CD arts for almost all of there games. The cart is just a Ram cart with the dragon force ram cart sticker on it.

roflmao

Quote from: munchiaz on 02/28/2012, 01:55 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/28/2012, 01:50 AM
Working designs did variant art on their games. So there are, like, 4 different CD arts for almost all of their games. The cart is just a Ram cart with the dragon force ram cart sticker on it.
Awesome.  I wasn't aware of that.

PS - I tried stopping the grammar police, but they beat me down and took over my computer. Sorry.  :pcgs:

munchiaz

^lol. it's all good. That was a bit rushed. Also my grammar is kind of poor. I write "there" in most situations.

Frank_fjs

Picked up a Sapphire copy. Looks like the colouring on the cover has improved, note the yellow gradient as opposed to orange.

IMG
IMG

Looks great, nice to finally be able to play the game on a pressed CD.

Opethian

if you just bought one from Tobias check if the CD ring says CARE4DATA I dont think he had this new run pressed its a CD-R from what I understand
IMG

Frank_fjs

It does have CARE4DATA on both CD's (the one in the full cover/manual version and he also sent a loose disc in case I wanted to keep the other one sealed - which I didn't but it's nice to have a spare disc, I'm going to be giving it to a friend).

I asked before ordering, I didn't want a CD-R.

Opethian

ah looks like he still had some left then
IMG

Frank_fjs

Well he didn't have any left when I first inquired however he recently made a new batch. He did mention that the Sapphire discs were the only ones with a pressed CD, the other games he sells are CD-R (Fantasy Zone, Bomber Man).

Samurai Ghost

Some recent pick ups.
Got an amazing deal on some Mega Drive games!
A seller had a lot of dead stock from an old toy store, and Batman and Golden Axe 3 were completely new and unopened. The other three were some kind of samples given to the store at some point, and the Crying and Chiki Chiki Boys carts have SEGA stickers on them as pictured on the Crying cart. Not sure what this does to their value but I think it's really cool to have these games directly furnished by SEGA! Splatterhouse 3 had the same sticker that's on the cover on the cart. And the best part, all of these games ended up being only $27 shipped!!

Also picked up an unopened Pomping World, Drac X, and Astal.

/games4.jpg

Mathius