RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starfighter

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 03/15/2012, 11:30 AMNot mine, but my brother-in-law just picked up this gorgeous machine. Can't wait to get over there and play it.
What is that I don't even...?

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Starfighter on 03/15/2012, 01:45 PM
Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 03/15/2012, 11:30 AMNot mine, but my brother-in-law just picked up this gorgeous machine. Can't wait to get over there and play it.
What is that I don't even...?
N00B!
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

alexsduo

I got a Vextrex with like 6 games, and last week a pc engine cd player and psx on craigslist...
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

Mathius

BlueBMW

Tempest 2k.. alundra... FRAUDEN!  Nice hauley :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/15/2012, 10:54 PMTempest 2k.. alundra... FRAUDEN!  Nice hauley :D
That copy of Raiden was sealed :-"

Tatsujin

[img]http://computer_space.jpg[img]
lol, this isnt real is it? :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/15/2012, 11:45 PM

[img]http://computer_space.jpg[img]
lol, this isnt real is it? :D
It actually is! The guy went out and bought Computer Space. I feel somewhat responsible because when I was over there this summer we had a long talk about old arcade games over a few beers, and we were talking about getting an old cabinet to set up at his house and he was really into it. The next day we went over to an arcade game dealer nearby to check out some games, and they had a few Computer Space cabs for a few grand each. Six months later he ordered one from Canada. It's a beauty!

chany60126

Quote from: alexsduo on 03/15/2012, 02:54 PMI got a Vextrex with like 6 games, and last week a pc engine cd player and psx on craigslist...
Ah, so it was you who got that PC Engine CD Rom player. I saw that listed for sale in Riverside, but I was too lazy to go get it. Glad somebody from here got it.

Colossus1574

Quote from: Mathius on 03/15/2012, 10:52 PMLatest haul
/105_0483.jpg
Haha, cool...if that isn't a mixed salad of different games for different systems, then i don't know what it!!!

Don't forget to post up some TwinCobra (Kyukyoku Tiger  :wink: ) high scores when u get that game going!

Mishran

I purchased several copies of Retro Gamer in the past from local book stores. Love the mag, but nobody stocks it around my area anymore. :( Does it still come packaged with a companion disc full of goodies?

majors

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/13/2012, 05:47 PMMy lost, only partially resent Amazon order  #-o :evil: ](*,) ](*,) plus some trades, and cheapies.
Brewers merch, check.
Milwauke history, check.
Kick-ass kung fu flick, check.
Some cool games, check. (I can only assume the "partially" not sent part was all turbo)

Must be a post by nectarsis.

Gradius V...mmmmmm....soooo pretty.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

nectarsis

Quote from: majors on 03/16/2012, 08:42 AM
Quote from: nectarsis on 03/13/2012, 05:47 PMMy lost, only partially resent Amazon order  #-o :evil: ](*,) ](*,) plus some trades, and cheapies.
Brewers merch, check.
Milwauke history, check.
Kick-ass kung fu flick, check.
Some cool games, check. (I can only assume the "partially" not sent part was all turbo)

Must be a post by nectarsis.

Gradius V...mmmmmm....soooo pretty.
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNright *cool pose* :P
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

DragonmasterDan

Nice stuff, tell me what you think of the ending to "Tales of Earthsea".
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/16/2012, 12:27 PM
Nice stuff, tell me what you think of the ending to "Tales of Earthsea".
I am waiting to watch that with Ash come Wednesday. We are both big fans of Studio Ghible.

Sparky

stuff i got this week... The Donkey Kong Jr game and watch is pretty cool, still never any tg16 or pce finds locally <<shrugs>>

IMG

TheClash603

I am a big fan of G&W games.  I have the Donkey Kong II Multi-Screen which is essentially DK Jr.

You say you can never find PC-E games, I can never find G&W games locally.

Sparky

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/16/2012, 09:15 PMI am a big fan of G&W games.  I have the Donkey Kong II Multi-Screen which is essentially DK Jr.

You say you can never find PC-E games, I can never find G&W games locally.
will i may be selling it in the near future... <<adds to his sell list>> :P

Lilgrafx

/105_0483.jpg
I recently got My Neibor Totaro released by Disney, I freakin love Miyazaki! I see you've now got all 4 Jaguar game worth playing.

Mathius

That's a good one! My favorite is Spirited Away.

I freakin' love Flashback but the Genesis version is the best one I've played at this point. The Jag version has some musical hiccups that are annoying.

Bernie

Got this today!  :)
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Everything is in MINT condition.   =D&gt;

Joe Redifer

Awesome!  Not long ago we were talking about that box variation.  Now it looks like they just plastered it over the original box artwork.  The rad 80's kid is still there, hiding underneath!

Bernie

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/17/2012, 06:01 PMAwesome!  Not long ago we were talking about that box variation.  Now it looks like they just plastered it over the original box artwork.  The rad 80's kid is still there, hiding underneath!
HUSH!!!  lol.

Mishran

/mishbcunit.jpg

This beauty just arrived in the mail yesterday, thanks to Samurai Ghost. I'm actually using the pic that he sent me (hope you don't mind, bro), but you get the idea. Haven't gotten much play time with it though.

Samurai Ghost

Glad you got the system OK, and glad to share the PCE love! Now you can walk around town in a black suit and sunglasses, handcuffed to your PCE briefcase at all times in case of an emergency.  8)

Mathius

Those Briefcase Units are always such beauties. :D

Mishran

Quote from: Mathius on 03/18/2012, 11:10 AMThose Briefcase Units are always such beauties. :D
If there is need for another system at the MGC, I'm planning on bringing her along. 8)

Starfighter

Bernie

Mathius

bartre

damn, I still need to get FF Origins, my favorite versions of the games.

BigusSchmuck

Bernie

Nando

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Nando on 03/20/2012, 09:07 AM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 03/20/2012, 07:55 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/180840838986?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649
Got a steal on this, I just hope its worth it.
How the fuck? Rondo alone is worth like 70 bucks.
Yeah, awesome deal! If you watch the auctions long enough sometimes you just get lucky.

Tatsujin

a yamaha midi-keyboard for my roland SC-88 :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mishran

Quote from: Bernie on 03/17/2012, 03:37 PMIMG
Too bad the Keith Courage huey doesn't actually look like the one on the box. That's actually rather cool looking. =P~

Bernie

Quote from: Mishran on 03/20/2012, 09:33 AM
Quote from: Bernie on 03/17/2012, 03:37 PMIMG
Too bad the Keith Courage huey doesn't actually look like the one on the box. That's actually rather cool looking. =P~
What that is is the image has faded/warped some.  Looks almost like the ink on the sticker has kinda bled out a little, kinda like an old tattoo that hasnt been taken care of.  Strange thing is, that the sticker is in pretty good shape, its just the area of the KC that has the bleeding.  Maybe at some point it got sprayed with water or something?

Mishran

I'm actually talking about the hucard on the box. Actually shows a picture like on the manual instead of the name on a blue background, which is what we actually have.

Bernie

Quote from: Mishran on 03/20/2012, 03:23 PMI'm actually talking about the hucard on the box. Actually shows a picture like on the manual instead of the name on a blue background, which is what we actually have.
Whoa!  I didnt notice that.  I just literally unboxed the system to check my HuCARD and see what it looked like....  :)

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 03/20/2012, 09:20 AM
Quote from: Nando on 03/20/2012, 09:07 AM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 03/20/2012, 07:55 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/180840838986?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649
Got a steal on this, I just hope its worth it.
How the fuck? Rondo alone is worth like 70 bucks.
Yeah, awesome deal! If you watch the auctions long enough sometimes you just get lucky.
He had it posted in the n64 section for some weird reason. Not only that, but I got up 4:00 a.m this morning just to make sure no one sniped it. :P

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 03/21/2012, 10:39 AMIMG
Damn, that's just.. beautiful. Brings a tear to my eye. You guys... damn...

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SaturnHST

Got these from the past few months:

/ip2wz8.jpg
/245kgg0.jpg
/33nzxqc.jpg
/21kjntu.jpg

The Duo-R is complete with everything and also has some mods: region switch, rgb output, blue led, new lens.

I got the Burning Angels hucard for free.

BlueBMW

wait, they made Sexy Parodius for J Saturn?  *adds to want list!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/22/2012, 01:38 AMwait, they made Sexy Parodius for J Saturn?  *adds to want list!
Yes! I own copy. I could bring it with me. :wink:

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 03/22/2012, 01:46 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/22/2012, 01:38 AMwait, they made Sexy Parodius for J Saturn?  *adds to want list!
Only if its one I could take home and keep hehe :D  I've wanted that one for a while, but thought It was going to have to get the PCB for it.

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/22/2012, 01:48 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/22/2012, 01:46 AM
Only if its one I could take home and keep hehe :D  I've wanted that one for a while, but thought It was going to have to get the PCB for it.
It's arcade perfect from what I understand. I have no point of reference though.

Who knows? Maybe (most likely) you'll find a copy in a few days. :)