@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

Quote from: Bernie on 04/14/2012, 07:51 PMI wonder if that mouse is compatible with US games such as Loom?
That would be cool

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 04/14/2012, 12:05 AMNice boxed pickups!

I honestly didn't know the Mega Drive had SCART output without requiring mod! As a long time Mega Drive fan that's big news to me. Kind of a moot point for me personally, because I don't have a SCART capable TV at the moment, but I'd be interested in seeing a comparison between the Wondermega S-Video and the Model 1 RGB output. I'm sure the RGB would be a bit sharper, but practically speaking I don't see how it could that much better than the S-Video I'm getting now, which is just so bright and crisp. But the real deal breaker is the better audio and built in Mega-CD functions, plus the look of the system. Best looking console ever made in my opinion!
You're in Japan right?  Getting an RGB TV here is extremely easy.  PM me if you want details.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/14/2012, 07:24 PM
Quote from: SuperPlay on 04/14/2012, 04:12 PMFew more bits for the collection

IMG

Thanks Samurai Ghost :@)
Is that a surfing game for the PC Engine ?
It's a catalog of all the PCE games (PC Engine Hyper Catalog, Volume 6A and 6B) plus demos (Neo Nectaris was featured, for example...). Several companies released CD-ROM databases + mixed media entertainment like this (Ultrabox from Victor Musical)... :pcgs:

I wanted to write a "History of Console Game Demos" to determine if the PCE was the first console to offer demos. I never got anywhere. For all I know, the Nintendo FDS had demos!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ji-L87

^ Sweet midi-keyboard you got there :)

IMG
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

dingsbums

Lot of stuff  :)

Famicom
/2nr1r37.jpg

PCE
/2rdkgac.jpg

MD & SFC
/2jdlzj5.jpg

DVD & BR
/dre99t.jpg

Book
/w6wjkw.jpg

munchiaz

Quote from: dingsbums on 04/15/2012, 01:24 PMLot of stuff  :)

Famicom
/2nr1r37.jpg

PCE
/2rdkgac.jpg

MD & SFC
/2jdlzj5.jpg

DVD & BR
/dre99t.jpg

Book
/w6wjkw.jpg
Im listening to ready player one now. I'm about 26 chapters in. Its really good. let me know when you start reading it so we can discuss shit

TheClash603

I need to get me Power Drift for the PC-E.  I know it doesn't have the best reputation, but I'd love to try it.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 04/15/2012, 12:35 PM^ Sweet midi-keyboard you got there :)
Oh the midi-keyboard is just a necessary accessory..lol.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

henrycsc

I got PCE Artist Tool this weekend, which completes the commercially released hucard collection

/p4154876.jpg
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

roflmao

Holy smokes!  Congratulations, Henry!

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: henrycsc on 04/15/2012, 09:09 PMI got PCE Artist Tool this weekend, which completes the commercially released hucard collection

/p4154876.jpg
Damn, beautiful collection!

Tatsujin

so nice henler :D

congrats. still need that lil stinker to complete my commercial released Huey collection :)

henrycsc

Thanks guys
I didn't know that the manual for Artist Tool was too big to fit the jewel case (not too thick - too big - it's the same width as the outside of the jewel case).  It's a very strange goof, and the only huey like that.  Funny that it was the last one I got.
Wanted:

SuperDeadite

Tatsujin

Quote from: henrycsc on 04/15/2012, 11:40 PMFunny that it was the last one I got.
Even much more funny, it will be the last one for me to get too.

esteban

Quote from: henrycsc on 04/15/2012, 09:09 PMI got PCE Artist Tool this weekend, which completes the commercially released hucard collection

/p4154876.jpg
:pcgs: :pcgs: :pcgs: :pcgs: :pcgs: :pcgs: :pcgs: :pcgs:

:cook: Cook wonders why you only have one copy of Minesweeper?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Opethian

maximum obey henry! now how about those CD games ..... :D
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Bernie on 04/14/2012, 07:51 PMI wonder if that mouse is compatible with US games such as Loom?
Nope, no US titles use the mouse (nor does PCE Loom).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Starfighter

That looks absolutely stunning henry! Even though I am a gamer and not a collector (I know I can be both, but I'm not) I still feel very impressed and a bit jealous when I see photos like these. :)

VenomMacbeth

Some things I've acquired recently:
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Also rescued this thing a few days ago:
IMG
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

NecroPhile

Very nice family photo, Henry.  I spy a couple Forgotten Worlds bundle boxes and a Idol Hanafuda Club, but what are the other boxed goodies?

Awww, nice kitteh.  MacBeth's TurbobKarma is increased by ten fold.

henrycsc

Hucards with special packaging (SF2 & Populous had double cases, Circus Lido had Dust Sleeve, Hanafuda had Clamshell, and Artist Tool had oversized manual
I put Artist Tool between the other cases so you can see how big it is.

/p4164881.jpg

The boxes are Forgotten Worlds (Avenue 3 Pad thanks JapanTokei)  3x3 Eyes (VHS Thanks Tolvatar), Mahjong Gakuen (VHS), Pachio-Kun Maboroshi No Densetsu (Power Handle Controller), Sankokushi Eiketsu (Leatherbound Art Book thanks JapanTokei)

And what's inside those boxes
/p4164884.jpg

Ope, the CD Games take up most of the room in that pic LOL.  Not too many more that I'm willing to pay the money for, but I'm still open to "happy accidents" and Beamer getting rid of Uberstinkts   :)

Thanks Starfighter - the gaming turned into a lucky break which turned into an obsession.  For the sake of your wallet, I hope you don't get it too.....
SuperDeadite, I'm drooling over your new cyberstick/xhe-3 setup!  Very cool find/configuration
Wanted:

Nando

/oh-henry.jpg

Seriously though, that's just beyond cool. I'm no collector but thank you for taking care of all this stuff. My memories attached to some of these games are priceless and it's just awesome to see them again.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

very ice henry. do you also have the chun li hibaihin booklet? :)

tggodfrey

My latest.  still waiting on shipment of a couple things though.

Sorry for crappy pict

/3017303634033_.jpg
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

henrycsc

cool kitty VenomMacbeth

wow TGG - Mini Power Stack you got there!
Wanted:

Digi.k

just purchased this from another online retailer.. since I was looking for mid range pc graphics card..

saphire HD 6870 graphics card.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-252-SP&tool=3

henrycsc

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/17/2012, 01:31 AMdo you also have the chun li hibaihin booklet? :)
Yes sir-ee Turbob!

very cool Digi.k

On the Radeon branding though...

Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire > Sapphire
HE > HD
PCE > PCI
Turbo Express > Express
Grafx > Graphics
HuCard > Card
Raiden > Radeon
Wanted:

NecroPhile

I gotta copy of Lunar for the PSP in the mail yesterday.  8)

Colossus1574

Traded away Street Fighter X Tekken
(although a beautifully looking game, just got sick of the juggling combos from all the Tekken characters, not to mention the dreaded sound glitch when u fight online)

for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (to fill my rpg itch after i'm done Xenogears  :mrgreen: )
Kingdoms_of_Amalur_Reckoning_cover.webp

Bernie

Got this in today.
/467149_3021882542435_1123836233_32235558_554088307_o.jpg
/414259_3021883182451_1123836233_32235559_1026166652_o.jpg

roflmao

roflmao

Erp. Sorry for posting twice in a row.  These just recently came in:
IMG

Image Fight is a lot harder that YouTube makes it look.  Wow...  Also, it arrived in only 8 days, from Japan!  Thanks again, Hit-Japan.

The other two were picked up at a local used book-and-stuff store, "2nd and Charles".  I've never tried either but for $9 for the two, I figured it was worth the risk. 

Looks like Sol Divide sold in the Dollar Stores and Big Lots for something like $1. It's part horizontal shooter, team beat-em-up, and RPG.  I hear it's pretty short.  I've only played it for like 20 minutes, but I think it's pretty fun.

I've never played Crystal Chronicles and know some folks that love it and some that hate it.  I've been recently playing another Gamecube game, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, so have been wanting to pick up another console exclusive title.  This fit the bill.  Maybe I'll have to get another GBA SP and a couple link cables so my son and I can play co-op.  In a couple of years. :)

Bernie

FF Chronicles is excellent!!  You will like it.

SMF

Yes FF is an awesome game.

On a side note I love how the price tags on it say $39.99 then on the other it says $6.00 and retails for $19.99 lol. Gotta love stickers lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Samurai Ghost

Moving in less than a week but a few last purchases are trickling in.
Still have a couple things on the way (including a Supergrafx, finally), but happy to get a complete Terraforming!
Also a sealed The Lost Sunheart (now unsealed).

/games6.jpg

Joe Redifer

What the eff is Sonic Mega Mix for the Sega CD (in a Wii box)?

Bernie

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/18/2012, 06:22 PMWhat the eff is Sonic Mega Mix for the Sega CD (in a Wii box)?
NOt sure if its a Wii box, but its a CD Sonic game.  I cant play it right now, since the CD unit I have is not working....Sooo, with that said, if you want to check it out, PM me your info.  I will mail it out to you.

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/18/2012, 06:22 PMWhat the eff is Sonic Mega Mix for the Sega CD (in a Wii box)?
Looks to be some fan homebrew Sonic game for the Mega CD:

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_1_Megamix

TR0N

Quote from: TR0N on 04/17/2012, 01:19 AM/sh3andoc.png
/xbcwii.png
For any one that doesn't have xenoblade for the wii get it now damn good jrpg.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

kakutolives

/22wyeu.jpg

not quite the purchases of one day but this is pretty much my pickups from the last 6 weeks.
Man I cant get over how much i love my DUO-R
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

Samurai Ghost

Happy to hear that! That DUO-R needed a good home, but...  :cry: Take good care of my baby!

As for me this just came in the mail:

/sgx.jpg

Finally a Supergrafx!!  :D  Once I get the extension on my house built I might have enough room to hook this thing up to the Super CD and vacuum into the sunset :dance:

Anyone have a copy of 1941 Counter Attack up for trade by the way?

henrycsc

Congrats Samurai Ghost.  You almost need a house addition to fit the vacuum configuration.

The last copy of 1941 I saw for reasonable was in a full SGX lot.  That might be your best bet.  Lots of people looking for that one, so good luck with the hunt.
Wanted:

SuperDeadite

No offense, but those Rockman boots should NOT exist.  Burn those fucking things to ashes.

futureman2000

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/19/2012, 10:15 AMNo offense, but those Rockman boots should NOT exist.  Burn those fucking things to ashes.
Yeah, those things are jive.

Bernie: I put composite/audio/svideo jacks on the back of a model 1 Genny exactly where those are, then noticed that my power base converter no longer fit on there. I was miffed, so I moved them. Now the thing has 4 pointless holes on the back =(. That one looks to be in great condition btw.

roflmao

I picked these up this morning:
IMG

Populous looked pretty gross, but it was $1, and now it's clean as a whistle! 

Alleyway's pretty fun.  I can see it being a good travel game.

They threw in the bottle opener for free. :P

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Lilgrafx

Got a package from Samurai Ghost with Mr. Heli and Street Fighter. Mr. Heli Is a very fun Cute 'em up. But for what ever reason I couldn't get Street fighter to work with the Chapsado. I really need to Invest in a PC Engine.