OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/01/2012, 10:45 PMPicked up a few nicer items this week from an in person trading of goods...
/epichauly.jpg
Damn nice LT and nice Tatsujin!! IF2 ain't shabby either!

Mishran

What is the game directly under the LT? Don't recognize the cover. Nice grab regardless though. =D>

BlueBMW

Its God Panic... a very very strange shooter hehe
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mishran

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/02/2012, 07:50 AMIts God Panic... a very very strange shooter hehe
Ah, cool. Thanks. Have to "test drive" it with mednafen to check it out. :-"

JapanTokei

damn Mathi - 1941 is my holy grail and if i had a copy of Tats I would do that trade..  in fact i just passed one up for 8000 yen sometime ago...  ](*,)

Quote from: Mathius on 06/01/2012, 11:28 PMNo doubt! Honestly, LTs don't excite me all that much. Tatsujin on the other hand. That is my personal holy grail. I'd rather have it over Bazzu, Stream Hearts or any other "rare" title. I'd gladly trade my copy of 1941 (SGX) for a copy. Any takers?

Beamer, you should keep that copy at all costs. You never know when another will come along.

JapanTokei

Beams - i'm bowing down right now on that haul.. sweet grabs there!  how does the LT play in person?? 

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/01/2012, 10:45 PMPicked up a few nicer items this week from an in person trading of goods...

BlueBMW

Actually really nicely JT.  I was surprised.  Its leaps and bounds over the express / GT.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

/epichauly.jpg
OhOh!!!  Tatasujin AND Image Fight II!!  Two of the games I am actually searching for.  lol  AND Ray. III!!!  I mean damn.   :mrgreen:

Very nice Blue!!

PunkCryborg

/img0115800x5333.jpg
Finally got a shuttle pad! Also been on quite the famicom and fds kick lately

Bernie

Picked up today at a local game store. 
/Video%20Games/Untitled.png

And, just picked these up off of eBay...
IMG
IMG

Mathius

Wow! There have been more Tatsujin finds on this forum in the last few days since, like, forever! Nice finds! I am truly humbled.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Bernie on 06/02/2012, 04:02 PMPicked up today at a local game store. 
/Video%20Games/Untitled.png

And, just picked these up off of eBay...
IMG
IMG
I had completely forgotten about Bayou Billy and Faxanadu.  Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Opethian

Xexyz would have been an amazing game if they made it for the PCE.
IMG

NightWolve

"Clash at DemonHead" and Faxanadu, fine, fine games for a NES library!

Bernie

heehee....not exactly console related....but....
/0602021939.jpg

Goes well with Vanilla Coke and a good ole retro video game.   :mrgreen:

tpivette

Quote from: Bernie on 06/02/2012, 07:46 PMheehee....not exactly console related....but....
/0602021939.jpg

Goes well with Vanilla Coke and a good ole retro video game.   :mrgreen:
Abso-fucking-lutly!

That's exactly what I'm doing tonight... Grey Goose and Ys Book 1 & 2!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

turbokon

My third TE and a bonus, a tv turner. You can still get a channel:)

/superkon316/3a5d5df3.jpg
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

NightWolve

I was always hoping to get the tuner for mine someday, TZD had sold out by the time I decided I wanted one, but given the switch to digital, good thing I didn't waste that money. Why a third TE, BTW? Triple the fun ??

Sparky

If i could find Tg16 stuff like i can NES stuff i would be a happier guy :)
IMG

also got this a few weeks ago.. going to put a motor in it for some shits and giggles..

IMG

Tatsujin

nice kett there :)

@bernie, how much monies did you pay for that tatsoojin there? :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Nando

Jealous but in a good way. Some fine loot lately.

And the tatsujin finds...man!

BlueBMW

Very nice finds sparky!  Are those SMS glasses I see?

PikachuWarrior

Picked up Vay for the Sega CD, complete, with the map too. $43 shipped!
IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: turbokon on 06/03/2012, 01:34 AMMy third TE and a bonus, a tv turner. You can still get a channel:)
Is that a TE case or just a case or a homebrewed one?  I wonder if anyone has connected up a HD antenna to a TE?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PikachuWarrior

You need to use a converter box first, as the tv tuner itself is analog.
IMG

Lilgrafx

Got Joanne D'arc and Me and My Katamari at my local game stop for $7 a piece. I've been stock piling PSP games since Game stop started selling them dirt cheap. I really like Joanne D'arc, it's the first SRPG I've ever seriously played. I was really expecting to like Me and my Katamari but the controls are terrible, are the console versions better?

munchiaz

my recent pick ups. got all of this for less than $20

IMG
IMG

SignOfZeta

I bought a "new" (2005) TV. Its basically the best fucking thing ever for Laserdisc, PCE, and other SD stuff. 34" of power.

grab .by/dXQs

Its 198lbs without the stand. I bought it from some fundamentalist Christians out in the country. It was playing Veggie Tales when I rescued it.

If I had one complaint it would be that it works too hard to minimize scanlines. The comb filter is so good I don't mind though.

As a bonus, it goes to 1080i and even as an HDMI port on it so I can use it for Blueray, PS3, whatever. I was watching Ponyo and Rushmore on it recently on Blueray and frankly I prefer it to my 34" Samsung LCD.
IMG

SuperDeadite

Yeah those don't display in true low-res.  Only Progressive Scan or 4x zoom so you lose the scanlines.  16 bit systems look fine, but the NES looks like shit on them though.  The Japanese models take pure RGB but this was removed from the USA releases for some silly reason.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

SignOfZeta

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/03/2012, 11:39 PMYeah those don't display in true low-res.  Only Progressive Scan or 4x zoom so you lose the scanlines.  16 bit systems look fine, but the NES looks like shit on them though.  The Japanese models take pure RGB but this was removed from the USA releases for some silly reason.
On the other hand, it should work extremely well with the Framemeister, no?

In the meanwhile, I *really* need to s-video hack my Duo...
IMG

SuperDeadite

Should.  I have a similar TV but mine is 29'' 4:3.  Mine has no HDMI, but it does have dual D-Terminal and AV Multi (RGB) :)

Le gets:
IMG

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/03/2012, 11:53 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/03/2012, 11:39 PMYeah those don't display in true low-res.  Only Progressive Scan or 4x zoom so you lose the scanlines.  16 bit systems look fine, but the NES looks like shit on them though.  The Japanese models take pure RGB but this was removed from the USA releases for some silly reason.

What exact model of SONY TV is that? WEGA?

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/04/2012, 12:03 AMhey, got a new cam there too? :)
Nope, same old camera as always.  It seems to like Yuko's boobs I think.

Tatsujin

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/04/2012, 12:10 AM
obviously.

PikachuWarrior

IMG

SuperDeadite

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/04/2012, 12:53 AMValis is great
X68K Valis II has beautiful graphics and amazing music, but the control is so horrendous it kinda ruins the game in all honesty.  Still strangely fun to to play once you adapt to the shitastic controls.  Seriously this game must have some of the worst controls ever.  Even the MSX version controls better.

PikachuWarrior

i only have the genesis version to compare. probably my favorite genesis title (didn't have the rpgs to compare back then)
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Mathius on 06/04/2012, 12:04 AM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/03/2012, 11:53 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/03/2012, 11:39 PMYeah those don't display in true low-res.  Only Progressive Scan or 4x zoom so you lose the scanlines.  16 bit systems look fine, but the NES looks like shit on them though.  The Japanese models take pure RGB but this was removed from the USA releases for some silly reason.

What exact model of SONY TV is that? WEGA?
Yeah, all CRTs were Wegas at that time. The Grand Wegas are rear projectors. The model number is 34XBR960.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Zeta's new TV is the Sony KV-34XBR960.  I used to have one myself.  It's 1080i native but also does 540p.  It zooms that in a bit and you get 480p displayed in true progressive fashion.  There are scanlines in 480p mode.  240p is displayed as 480i.  I hated carrying that TV anywhere, I had to use BOTH hands.  It was ridiculous.  I eventually got a nice backpack I could fit it into, though, and soon I would bike with it to my friend's house, use it there for a while and bike back with it.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/04/2012, 02:55 AMZeta's new TV is the Sony KV-34XBR960.  I used to have one myself.  It's 1080i native but also does 540p.  It zooms that in a bit and you get 480p displayed in true progressive fashion.  There are scanlines in 480p mode.  240p is displayed as 480i.  I hated carrying that TV anywhere, I had to use BOTH hands.  It was ridiculous.  I eventually got a nice backpack I could fit it into, though, and soon I would bike with it to my friend's house, use it thee for a while and bike back with it.
Do you have the battery pack for it?
IMG

PikachuWarrior

wha? you would bike with that tv in a backpack?
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/04/2012, 03:16 AMwha? you would bike with that tv in a backpack?
No big, just make sure you have about 90psi in the rear tire.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Exactly.  No biggie.  Granted I'd have to have 5 guys riding beside me to keep it up and then a bunch of guys riding beside them to make sure they didn't lose their balance but otherwise it was easy.

And yes, that TV runs on 2 "C" batteries.

Mathius

JapanTokei

I heard somewhere they turned Valis / Yuko into Hentai genre trying to milk sales out of the remaining franchise..

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/04/2012, 12:10 AM

SuperDeadite

That would be the Valis X series. :)

SuperPlay

turbokon

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/03/2012, 02:00 AMI was always hoping to get the tuner for mine someday, TZD had sold out by the time I decided I wanted one, but given the switch to digital, good thing I didn't waste that money. Why a third TE, BTW? Triple the fun ??
You can never have enough, it was too good of a deal to pass up:)

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/03/2012, 10:05 PM
Quote from: turbokon on 06/03/2012, 01:34 AMMy third TE and a bonus, a tv turner. You can still get a channel:)
Is that a TE case or just a case or a homebrewed one?  I wonder if anyone has connected up a HD antenna to a TE?
That is just a travelmate case. I wonder if they make a portable digital convertor?
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

JoshTurboTrollX

I just called this guy: http://wausau.craigslist.org/ele/2998291545.html
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/04/2012, 02:19 AMYeah, all CRTs were Wegas at that time. The Grand Wegas are rear projectors. The model number is 34XBR960.
Turns out he still hasn't sold it, and he just wants someone to pick it up.  Might have to run out and snag it.  I'll post pics later.  :)

This might make for a good TV for one of our gamer gatherings yes?  There are also a couple other sales on cl for sony wega TVs.  What do you think Matti?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!